Nights Into Dreams

they all give me this

https://i.imgur.com/nXhhXbt.jpg
sorry for the but the image is too big for the forum :shock:
ExarKunIv

languages_spoken: english

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo with Kodi for XU3/XU4

Unread postby meveric » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:33 am

looks like you might have already changed the config.. maybe before you started using the yabause-xbmc command.
My guess the Graphics drivers are no longer correctly configured.

You may have to reinstall the setup-ogst-odroid package and hope it fixes the changes you did.. but it might also revert changes on other things like Rom Collection browser or that kind that you already done.
You can also try fixing the configs manually.. all configs should be found somewhere unter /usr/local/share/setup-ogst/ in there you should find the templates for yabause... but I think you have to fix paths for the user and then copy the files to ~/.config/yabause/qt/

About the games you tried:
Sonic R -> forget about it. Even if it starts the graphics are terrible.. It's one of the hardest games to emulate, and is a known issue for years
Guardian Heroes -> works, but only until the end of the second level, then it freezes :(
Sonic Jam -> no clue need to check on that
Panzer Dragoon 2 Zwei -> should work, but not very good, 3D games are not the best on yabause and it might be rather laggy
Night Into Dreams -> works, but once again: mostly 3D and doesn't work that well..
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby ExarKunIv » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 am

ok
thanks for the replay. i kinda knew the games would not work well. i was just trying to get one to start. then from there find a working game :)

will mess with getting the settings back
ExarKunIv

Unread postby meveric » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 am

There are already a couple of articles in the ODROID magazine about my favorite Sega Saturn games on the XU4, there are quite a lot.
Maybe you find some you like in these article as well.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

Unread postby ExarKunIv » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:02 am

cool ill give it a look thanks again

EDIT... i got it to work now, i just did a fresh load on a spare card and just pulled the config file off of that one.
tried Mega Man 8. this time i see the logo and i get a message about setting up the memory card. but it is starting.
the screen is also really tiny, but that is just a setting i think. i will mess with that tomorrow. but it works. :)
for the most part
ExarKunIv

Unread postby SACHOMAN69 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello, the first thing is to thank for this great version, I have a question, how can I change the language in emulestation, I want to put it in Spanish but I do not know, any kind of help will be welcome, thanks in advance
SACHOMAN69

languages_spoken: Español
ODROIDs: ODROID-U3, ODROID-XU3

Unread postby meveric » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Currently EmulationStation does NOT support different languages, although recently there is some development going on that may lead to translated UI, but most likely not translated scrapper informations.
meveric

Unread postby SACHOMAN69 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Well, I'll have to wait then, thank you very much for your response
SACHOMAN69

languages_spoken: Español
ODROIDs: ODROID-U3, ODROID-XU3

Unread postby ExarKunIv » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:16 am

what set version is the MAME emu using with your build? i did not come across a definite answer.
i have tryed 0.78 with no luck.
ExarKunIv

Unread postby meveric » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:04 am

mame2000 = MAME 0.37b5
mame2003 = MAME 0.78
mame2010 = MAME 0.139
mame2014 = MAME 0.159
mame2016 = MAME 0.174
mame (default) ~> unclear, as it is latest development branch.. should be 0.19x maybe 0.192 or 0.194 or 0.198 im not sure.
meveric

Unread postby ExarKunIv » Wed May 02, 2018 10:42 pm

thanks for that

how do you pick what Mame it uses or is that throught retroach?
ExarKunIv

Unread postby meveric » Wed May 02, 2018 11:09 pm

currently there's no "select" it's something that I might need to implement.
First you have to make sure the correct core is installed:
all cores can be installed with apt-get install libretro-<core-name> for example apt-get install libretro-mame2000.
You could edit the file /usr/local/bin/mame-libretro and write the name of the file inside that you want to use.
Or copy the files and create new files if you want to start them manually from terminal.
meveric

Unread postby ExarKunIv » Sat May 05, 2018 12:43 am

cool thank you yet again
ExarKunIv

Unread postby nuclear_bullet » Sat May 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi All,

I have an Odroid XU4 in a Cloudshell, with a 1TB 2.5" Mushkin Triactor SSD

I've tried over and over but cannot get the OGST to boot after following the guide on the front page and going into "Setup Odroid Gamestation" and doing the "move rootfs to hdd."

The "move to rootfs to hdd" succeeds, so upon exiting this utility, it asks to reboot. When it reboots, the system gets stuck at:

systemd-udevd[144]: starting version 215

I've tried it with two different SATA SSDs, the first one was a WD BLUE PC SSD 2.5" 500GB, I even checked to make sure the USB 3.0 connection was making good contact and has USB 3.0 speed (the cotton swab cleaning) and doing lsusb -t to verify the speed (has 5000M next to it, which I'm assuming USB 3.0's 5 Gb/sec spec).

Here is how I set up my Odroid XU4 and OGST image:

1) SD Card formatter to wipe the SD Card, SD card is Sandisk Ultra 32GB, HC I, A1 (The Samsung EVO and EVO+ cards I had would not work, it would freeze the OGST on the Desktop)
2) Use Ether and write the OGST image onto SD Card
3) Prepare the 2.5" SATA SSD by connecting the SATA to USB bridge to my PC (Windows 10), using Mini-Tools Partition Wizard, I delete the partition from the SSD, create an EXT4 partition, full span

Loading:

1) Wait for the system to reboot after the initial boot (as the guide states on the first page of this thread).
2) After rebooting, I exit out of Kodi (hit or miss, if Kodi runs for a while, Kodi crashes on exit).
3) Do my su -, apt-get upgrade/update/dist-upgrade until completion
4) reboot
5) exit Kodi again
6) open console to change read/write permission on the SSD (it shows up on the desktop and it is mounted into /media/ordroid/), command I use on it is the good ole "sudo chmod 777" command
7) Proceed to click on the "Setup Gamestation for Odroid" utility where the last item on the menu is the "move rootfs to hdd"
8) The utility asks to move rootfs to either on /dev/sda or /dev/sda1 - I tried both, cannot move to /dev/sda, so I choose /dev/sda1
9) The utility proceeds to copy everything over
10) After finishing, I exit, asks for reboot, I comply, and let the system reboot
11) System hangs at "systemd-udevd[144]: starting version 215"

Any help would be appreciated. My goal is to move the rootfs to the SSD for performance, and I would also appreciate it if anyone can give or point me to a howto for resizing the rootfs to take up the entire disk as I'm not planning on making a separate partition for swap and etc.
nuclear_bullet

languages_spoken: English (US)
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4 + Cloudshell

Unread postby meveric » Sat May 12, 2018 4:56 pm

There is an issue with the script that moves the rootfs to the harddrive.
If the harddrive already holds a partition it's normally auto-mounted under /media/odroid/ and when I try to overwrite it it fails cause it's already mounted.

I've already fixed this and will upload a new script today which now will first unmount the partition and then try to convert it.
It will also give more feedback in case something goes wrong.
meveric

Unread postby nuclear_bullet » Sun May 13, 2018 3:21 am

meveric wrote:There is an issue with the script that moves the rootfs to the harddrive.
If the harddrive already holds a partition it's normally auto-mounted under /media/odroid/ and when I try to overwrite it it fails cause it's already mounted.

I've already fixed this and will upload a new script today which now will first unmount the partition and then try to convert it.
It will also give more feedback in case something goes wrong.

Hi meveric,

Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it. Do I just do a "sudo apt-get update" to pull this new script into the OGST?
nuclear_bullet

languages_spoken: English (US)
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4 + Cloudshell

Unread postby meveric » Sun May 13, 2018 3:31 am

Code: Select all
su -
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

after that you should have the new script.
Please let me know if you encounter more issues.
meveric

Unread postby danetco » Fri May 18, 2018 2:30 am

Hi odroid members. Some one can translate this in french? My english is a little bit... bad. I want to install gamestation turbo for my XU4, but I don't understand some instructions... Thanks if some can do that for me...
danetco

languages_spoken: english french
ODROIDs: odroid xu4

Unread postby meveric » Fri May 18, 2018 3:52 am

Not sure how good it is, but have you tired google translate?
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... &sandbox=1
meveric

Unread postby francisscott » Sat May 19, 2018 4:22 pm

danetco wrote:Hi odroid members. Some one can translate this in french? My english is a little bit... bad. I want to install gamestation turbo for my XU4, but I don't understand some instructions... Thanks if some can do that for me...

Bonjour,

Qu'est-ce que tu ne comprends pas ?
francisscott

Unread postby danetco » Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm

en fait j'essaie de comprendre l'ensemble, mais le tuto n'est pas très récent, j'ai réussi a passer debian en français, je fais les mises a jour avec les commandes sudo get-apt mais ensuite je rame sur la compréhension du reste. Je ne sais pas comment faire pour me connecter en SSH car mon pc ne voit pas l'odroid et y mettre les roms. Pour info je suis habitué a recalbox sur raspberry pi 3. J'ai tout recommencé depuis le début en essayant de suive une vidéo et je vais voir ce que ça donne, car pas habitué a xbmc ni a l'autre front end, j'ai réussi a entrer dans emulstation mais il est bizarre et peu d'options comme l’impossibilité de le mettre en français. comme j'ai dit, j'ai refais une installation propre et là je refais les étapes.
danetco

languages_spoken: english french
ODROIDs: odroid xu4

Unread postby BloatedHeavyToad » Sun May 27, 2018 11:00 pm

I've tried flashing the 2 images in the first post on a variety of microSD cards along with my eMMC, each time the system powers off after a few minutes saying that it got too hot, claiming 160,C

I've run other images and have had no issues with heat. I've tried some of them today as well and there were no thermal issues
BloatedHeavyToad

Unread postby meveric » Mon May 28, 2018 9:07 am

as this is a gaming image, the cpu governor is running on performance mode by default.
This is normally not an issue for the board, but it CAN be an issue if you're using an XU4Q (passively cooled) and using a closed plastic case such as the XU4 default case or the OGST Gaming kit.. these cases are not very thermal friendly and passive cooling can run too hot.
Although I've never seen 160°C... the board throttles if it reaches 95°C and will shutoff at "a hundred something" maybe 105 or 110 or so.
meveric

Previous

Return to OGST-XU4