Kernel: Linux 6.1.23 (based on the work from MDRJR)
GPU Drivers: Libmali w/ Vulkan
What is Jelos?
Just Enough Linux Operating System (JELOS) is an immutable Linux distribution for handheld gaming devices developed by a small community of enthusiasts. Our goal is to produce an operating system that has the features and capabilities that we need, and to have fun as we develop it.
Here is a great video overview from our friend, Retro Game Corps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJR0Evx3KS0
*Boot the device into eMMC recovery mode:
-Stock OS: Hold R2 + L2 then power on the device
-Recovery SD card: https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_ultra ... overy_emmc
*Connect the device to your computer via the USB C port.
*Flash the S922X img to the device via your preferred method and reboot.
https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/di ... n/releases
General tips / information:
- Wifi/BT: USB dongles with the following wifi chipsets should work: RTL8188EU RTL8188FU RTL8192CU RTL8192EU RTL8812AU RTL8814AU RTL8821AU RTL8821CU RTL88x2BU
- SD Card format: exfat, fat32, or ext4. Jelos will make all of the system folders on the root of the sd card the first time you power on the system with a freshly formatted sd card.
- CPU governor can be set at the system, core/emulator, and game level. Enable Performance for demanding games / systems and Powersave for less demanding games. This will affect battery life. GPU speed is also tied to the default CPU governor.
- SSH/SMB: Connect to a wifi network and enable SSH & Samba. Also set your root password and turn off rotate root password in system settings, the username is root. The default hostname is S922X, this can be changed in network settings.
- You will be notified when a new OTA update is available if connected to wifi + internet, click yes to update to the latest release.
- Press Select + Start + L1 to exit standalone emulators (Dolphin, AetherSX2, Citra, etc)
- The root file system of Jelos is immutable (read only). Files can only be written to the user directory and SD card.
- General information about Jelos can be found in our wiki: https://github.com/JustEnoughLinuxOS/distribution/wiki