ODROID GameStation Turbo Advance - GO2 (WIP)

Third party OS images and hardware mods
Eyeball37
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance

Re: ODROID GameStation Turbo Advance - GO2 (WIP)

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm

snock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 pm
Eyeball37 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 pm
Hi, I’m about to test out this image, however when you mention to update via terminal command, is this done via the image on the odroid or via a Linux terminal screen? Could a little more instruction be provided to perform these necessary tasks? Thanks
by ssh .. in a linux terminal. From windows 10 for example you can now connect without problems.
I have access to a Linux desktop, but I’m no pro.

Could someone explain how to do these updates with the SD card inserted in the machine?

Or is that not an option?

If it is a step by step guide would be very appreciated.

Thanks

snock
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid-Go Advance

Unread post by snock » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:58 pm

The system must be running to update it .. it's simple. Connect the SD to the pc to copy roms if ... it is faster than using the wifi.
ssh odroid@ip_console
password odroid
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade && sudo apt autoremove
These users thanked the author snock for the post:
Eyeball37 (Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:37 pm)

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105)

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:01 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 pm
Hi, I’m about to test out this image, however when you mention to update via terminal command, is this done via the image on the odroid or via a Linux terminal screen? Could a little more instruction be provided to perform these necessary tasks? Thanks
The underlying OS is Debian Buster, same as with Ubuntu for example you can use commands like apt update to interact with the package manager, do updates, install or remove packages.
For this you need to have access to the system, for example via SSH, or UART debugging cable.
The ODROID itself needs access to the network/internet.

This can be achieved via USB-to-LAN or USB-WLAN adapter.

Some manual configuration may be required.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105)

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm
Could someone explain how to do these updates with the SD card inserted in the machine?
Technically this is possible, but not very user friendly.
You would have to mount the rootfs, of the SD card and the boot partition.
Bind /dev /proc /sys, and use chroot to go into the SD card for updates.

It's rather complicated but possible.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:06 am

snock wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:43 pm
And how are these updates going to be implemented, adding new emulators ... using a script?
I am even attract.cfg adapting it to my liking ...
I use a package that is installed setup-ogsta-odroid as a means of updating the system. It provides new or update existing config files where needed.
attract.cfg is updated automatically during scraping process.
You might get problems with me updating the Emulator configs, as I haven't added the paths for wheels and snaps yet.
That is next on my testing list, and if it works it will be part of the next update.

snock

Unread post by snock » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:56 am

I noticed now when update ... I have modified in ../.attract/emulators in all files. And when updating they have been changed to their initial state.
artwork snap /home/odroid/ROMS/SCUMMVM/snap
artwork wheel /home/odroid/ROMS/SCUMMVM/wheel
artwork snap
artwork whee
[/quote}

IgaBiva
languages_spoken: english, deutsch, srpski
ODROIDs: N2

Unread post by IgaBiva » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:46 am

Is there any chance that you will add Amiberry in future?

Amiga is very important to me and my entire collection is in whload/lha format so using it on your image would be great.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:15 am

IgaBiva wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:46 am
Is there any chance that you will add Amiberry in future?

Amiga is very important to me and my entire collection is in whload/lha format so using it on your image would be great.
I will think about it.
FS-UAE can use WHDload as well, but I never tried it, except directly from the FS-UAE-Launcher.

For Amiga 1200 or CD32 emulation I would need something like Amiberry for dynamic recompiler for the JIT.
But for basic Amiga 500 Emulation with disks (or even harddrives), FS-UAE is much easier to handle.

snock

Unread post by snock » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:41 am

I have installed the mate desktop:
apt-get install mate-desktop-environment
#!/bin/bash
xrandr --output DSI-1 --scale 1.5x1.5
antimicro --hidden --profile /home/odroid/joyconf-mouse.xml &
exec mate-session
xrandr --output DSI-1 --scale 1x1
I connected a mini keyboard that has a mouse, in kodi it works but in the mate desktop it does not work for me. Do I need to install something else?
Running antimicro works the joystick as a mouse but I don't see the mouse icon ...

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:39 am

check /usr/local/bin/attract_start
remove the -- -nocursor entry and try again.
You need to restart the ODROID after you removed it.
These users thanked the author meveric for the post:
snock (Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:51 am)

snock

Unread post by snock » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:52 am

It works .. It is wonderful to see xbmc & mate desktop working

IgaBiva

Unread post by IgaBiva » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:16 pm

meveric wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:15 am

I will think about it.
FS-UAE can use WHDload as well, but I never tried it, except directly from the FS-UAE-Launcher.

For Amiga 1200 or CD32 emulation I would need something like Amiberry for dynamic recompiler for the JIT.
But for basic Amiga 500 Emulation with disks (or even harddrives), FS-UAE is much easier to handle.
I am using Amiberry for years as it was simplest option to play Amiga games on Retropie, later on N2. It uses 'pre-installed' WHDLoad games and he most common of these are those which are distributed as "Retroplay's WHD Games" (this was quote from Amiberry website).

This means that there is no need to change disks, all that is needed for a game is in one lha file. Also, Amiberry supports all Amiga versions and works great on OGA.

Disantvantage of Amiberry is user interface which is not so easy to navigate on OGA but normally, you don't need to access it at all.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:48 pm

IgaBiva wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:16 pm
I am using Amiberry for years as it was simplest option to play Amiga games on Retropie, later on N2. It uses 'pre-installed' WHDLoad games and he most common of these are those which are distributed as "Retroplay's WHD Games" (this was quote from Amiberry website).

This means that there is no need to change disks, all that is needed for a game is in one lha file. Also, Amiberry supports all Amiga versions and works great on OGA.

Disantvantage of Amiberry is user interface which is not so easy to navigate on OGA but normally, you don't need to access it at all.
Believe me, I'm using Amiga on ODROIDs longer than Amiberry exists, I'm using emulators on ODROIDs MUCH MUCH longer than Retropie for ODROIDs exists, or even was "a thing".
I understand what you trying to say, but I have a different viewpoint on this.

I will check Amiberry again when I have more time for it. Currently FS-UAE is what I prefer.

IgaBiva

Unread post by IgaBiva » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:55 pm

OK, no problem.

Eyeball37
ODROIDs: Go Advance

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Not having any luck with this OS.

I have put my WiFi credentials into the .cfg file,

added 5200 roms and from what I understand the bios go in the same location as the games?

At first no Atari showed up until I pressed exit attract mode,

which scraped, even though I have pre scraped the games,

the Atari folder which showed up after the scrape shows no games at all but the roms are of an accepted format .zip,

can’t locate IP address to SSH into console either from terminal.

Attract mode on wheel shows static image & exit takes me to a screen I can’t log back into, I presume without a connected keyboard.

May be my lack of knowledge, but this doesn’t feel very user friendly

snock

Unread post by snock » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:06 am

The bios are copied to /home/odroid/ROMS except for the dreamcast which is in /home/odroid/ROMS/dc
You can look at the ip that is assigned from the router ... another would be to configure a static ip.
auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
wpa-essid wifi_name
wpa-psk password
wpa-scan-ssid 1
address 192.168.1.105
netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.1
I used the roms, lists, scraper of my raspberry (I already had everything done). See if you have created a snap and wheel folder in the roms folder....
In that case I had to modify the path in name_emulators.cfg (/home/odroid/.attract/emulators/*.cfg)
artwork snap /home/odroid/ROMS/A5200/snap
artwork wheel /home/odroid/ROMS/A5200/wheel
Make a copy if you modify something, which when updated returns to its default state. Could you detect if it has been modified and not rewrite it?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:32 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:44 pm
Not having any luck with this OS.

I have put my WiFi credentials into the .cfg file,
What .cfg file? There is no .cfg file file for WiFi.
What does it look like what you entered?
Eyeball37 wrote:
added 5200 roms and from what I understand the bios go in the same location as the games?
This is described in the first post, all BIOS files go to /home/odroid/ROMS unless said otherwise. There is a table of supported emulators and required BIOS files, also in the first post.
Atari 5200 is currently not well supported.
The libretro core for this is really crappy, and I plan to replace it with a standalone emulator same as I did on my original OGST image for other ODROIDs.
Eyeball37 wrote:
At first no Atari showed up until I pressed exit attract mode,

which scraped, even though I have pre scraped the games,

the Atari folder which showed up after the scrape shows no games at all but the roms are of an accepted format .zip,
There is no such thing as "pre-scraped" games. You need at least to generate an rom-list which is not done only cause you put ROM files in a folder, it has to be started manually.
That is why there are two options, one for just adding games and one for also downloading the artwork if you go to the Attract Mode Setup option in the menu.

snock

Unread post by snock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:34 am

I have added opentyrian (which works great). Install lzdoom (although I cannot exit the menu once the game has started) I have to kill the process from terminal.
I saw that it is libretro-prboom but when I install it I can't find the core.
using core mame2010 does not allow saving, by default on all systems that I have tested it works (psc, vita, rpi, pc)

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2, Go, Go Advance

Unread post by mad_ady » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:33 am

Have you integrated lzdoom into attract-mode? If yes, care to share your startup/lzdoom confi?

snock

Unread post by snock » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 am

mad_ady wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:33 am
Have you integrated lzdoom into attract-mode? If yes, care to share your startup/lzdoom confi?
It works .. although later you can't go out to the game menu or attractmode. If more than one wad is added (doom2. Brutaldoom ..) a menu appears and you cannot choose either. It should work with lzdoom -iwad xx but not.

/home/odroid/ROMS/LINUX
#!/bin/bash
antimicro --hidden --profile $HOME/joyconf-mouse.xml &
lzdoom_start
/usr/bin/killall antimicro
doom.wad should be in /home/odroid/.config/lzdoom
These users thanked the author snock for the post:
mad_ady (Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:23 pm)

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 am

snock wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:20 am
It works .. although later you can't go out to the game menu or attractmode. If more than one wad is added (doom2. Brutaldoom ..) a menu appears and you cannot choose either. It should work with lzdoom -iwad xx but not.
I had this a couple of times with different applications. They are apparently not in focus, although it should work with mouse, as mouse seems always to work.
Try running the game in window mode not fullscreen, and simply try to use the maximum possible window size.
Also you can easily map a button to do a "killall lzdoom" with anitmicro which at least allows you to exit the game any time you want to go back to attract mode.
Best to create your own mapping file for the game.

BTW: I have fixed prboom you should see an update for it.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:59 am

Update:
I've reworked menu a little.
You can scroll through menu page-wise now with L-button (backwards) and R-button (forwards)
If you select to exit Attract Mode now from the menu (A button on the main menu) it will shutdown the system.

I have replaced mame2010 with mame2003-plus as a default, which supports save states.
Also MAME is now started in performance mode as well.
Later on there will be a selection what MAME core you want to use.
For now you can do it manually by adding a file /home/odroid/.ogsta-config and place a line in it MAME=<mame-core> (for example MAME=mame2010) make sure the core is installed.

I added new paths for ROMs artwork, as suggested by @snock you now can place artwork under
/home/odroid/ROMS/<SYSTEM>/{flyer,wheel,snap,marquee} for example /home/odroid/ROMS/SNES/wheel/Super Mario World.png
snock (Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:05 pm)

snock

Unread post by snock » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 pm

When I run the Mate desktop for example and use xrand when I return to AM (AttractMode) it comes out small. Is there a way to reset by default? Did I try killing AM and not like that.

I am testing dosbox and so used to retropie ... sometimes I get lost with the configurations, is there any wiki for odroid in general to take a look? In the emulator configs ... I suppose that will be general to all boards .

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 am

Would you do me a favor and try to structure your question a little bit more?
You often mix up different things in one sentence which makes it hard for me to understand your questions and give proper answers.
I'm currently under a lot of stress at work, therefore I have trouble following every hop you make from one topic to a next sometimes.
Guess I'm getting old/tired :D
snock wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 pm
When I run the Mate desktop for example and use xrand when I return to AM (AttractMode) it comes out small.
Attract Mode runs in 480x320, if you scale your X server via xrandr, Attract Mode does no longer fit.
You can always scale back with --scale 1x1 and it should work.
If you want to use a desktop I highly suggest starting via lightdm, that way you can start and stop lightdm for desktop
and start and stop attract mode, without both interfering with each other.
snock wrote:
Is there a way to reset by default? Did I try killing AM and not like that.
I do this via lightdm. If lightdm stops, so does the X server for the Desktop, if I start attract mode again, it will create a new X server and has normal size
snock wrote:
I am testing dosbox and so used to retropie ... sometimes I get lost with the configurations, is there any wiki for odroid in general to take a look?
There is no dedicated how to configure different emulators, etc. for ODROIDs. There is not just "one ODROID".
Also there are tons of different images, and mine is just one of many, so there is no general configuration that fits everything.
Regarding DOSBox:
There was a discussion about this here on the Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=38025
You might find some hints there.
snock wrote:
In the emulator configs ... I suppose that will be general to all boards .
Not all boards act the same, arm64 was a long time not supported at all for DOSBox and even high end CPUs were way to slow to handle DOSBox emulation.
Things change, so does hardware and configurations.
It's easier to start a discussion where others may help you solve your issues.

Zoolo
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C2, Go Advance

Unread post by Zoolo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:02 pm

Thank you for the nice image. With FS-UAE the jump button is mapped on the d-pad for most jump and run games . How can I easily change this to the "x" button for example?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 am

This is standard on Amiga. Most games were in a way that the UP button was jump.
Most Amiga joysticks (same as many other Computer joysticks of that era) only had ONE button, therefore developers used "UP" for jumping.

Franck313
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Franck313 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:55 pm

hi Meveric !

i haven't tried Odroid GameStation Turbo Advance yet.

Do you know if Jim Power and Leander are fluid and playable ?

Indeed, on Emuelec, there are slowdowns :( :( :( But not for Turrican 2 for example ???

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:21 am

sadly Jim Power won't be full speed on Amiga Emulation, but you can try the PC Engine/TurboGrafx CD version instead, which plays quite nice.
It comes with CD quality music and a cheesy Intro. Graphics are similar, but I think Amiga is slightly better when it comes to in game graphics.
Leander also was released for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (haven't tried that one for Amiga yet).

Turrican 2 works perfectly fine on FS-UAE as well.

tracker8111bis

Unread post by tracker8111bis » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:10 am

Hi,
I would like to test max games. But most Konami games on max like Pinguin adventure wait to press key 1 to start.
Can you say me how do that ?
On retro arch I do not find. how map key 1.
Thanks.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:04 pm

If by "max" you mean "MSX".
I could play the game without having to press the 1 key.
B, A and Start are the only buttons I needed to start the game.

Where in the game do you need the 1 key?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:39 pm

Update:
I added support for ResidualVM.
An interpreter for 3D adventure games such as Monkey Island 4, Grim Fandango, Myst III - Exile, and The Longest Journey.
There's already a folder ResidualVM in the ROMS folder which now can be used for this.
Please check the third post for information regarding controls and compatibility.

I've replaced atari800 libretro core with the atari800 standalone emulator from Debian directly (I could have used my own version, but I haven't found much need for this).
It should work much better in matter of input option, as the libretro version was nearly impossible to use on many games due to missing input keys.
These can now be mapped to specific buttons as needed.

A small update on X68000 as well, you can now press "R" to open a menu where you can switch disk images, in case your game has more than two disks this is the way how to switch from one disk to another.
It even allows you to boot entirely different games directly from within the emulator.

A small update on MSX as well, you can now press "R" for input "1" on the keyboard. This seems to be a problem with some Konami games that requires you to press 1 to start the game.
This was suggested by @tracker8111bis thanks for that! :)
These users thanked the author meveric for the post (total 2):
snock (Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:04 am) • Safarikniv (Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 pm)

tracker8111bis

Unread post by tracker8111bis » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:46 am

meveric wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:04 pm
If by "max" you mean "MSX".
I could play the game without having to press the 1 key.
B, A and Start are the only buttons I needed to start the game.

Where in the game do you need the 1 key?
Yes I mean MSX
And the games who need to press 1 key to start :

Antarctic Adventure
Athletic Land
... and many others Konami Games.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:29 am

tracker8111bis wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:46 am
Yes I mean MSX
And the games who need to press 1 key to start :

Antarctic Adventure
Athletic Land
... and many others Konami Games.
ok, I see what you mean.
I'll incorporate a button mapping that will allow you to press "R" on the ODROID Go Advance to press the "1" key.
If you know about any other button that needs to be mapped, please let me know.

Edit:
Uploaded a new package for the mapping with the "R" button for "1" on the keyboard:
viewtopic.php?p=287584#p287584
tracker8111bis (Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 am)

snock

Unread post by snock » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:17 am

I get this error when trying to update.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:07 am

you probably updated while the new package was still uploading... that takes a couple of minutes, as it needs to sync thousands of packages and folders, which via FTP takes a very long time.
It should be available by now I've updated one of my ODROIDs earlier just fine.
snock (Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:38 pm)

Zoolo

Unread post by Zoolo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 am

meveric wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 am
This is standard on Amiga. Most games were in a way that the UP button was jump.
Most Amiga joysticks (same as many other Computer joysticks of that era) only had ONE button, therefore developers used "UP" for jumping.
Ok, understood. But there are also games like pinball dreams where you need different keys for example the left and the right shift key. I connected a wireless keyboard and mouse to the odroid which worked out of the box. But how can I map the shift keys to the odroid buttons for example so I don't have to use a separate keyboard?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:41 am

Zoolo wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:00 am
Ok, understood. But there are also games like pinball dreams where you need different keys for example the left and the right shift key. I connected a wireless keyboard and mouse to the odroid which worked out of the box. But how can I map the shift keys to the odroid buttons for example so I don't have to use a separate keyboard?
I think games like pinball fantasy often had a different button mapping, like the button was one flipper and left or right on the gamepad was the other flipper.
I can try later on to confirm this if this is working.

Overall changing the button mapping is not that easy. It requires you to start antimicro and scale the display to 2x2 to configure the button mapping.

deerwings
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance

Unread post by deerwings » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:40 am

I need to snag a couple of brand new SD cards, as I think the ones I have are a little funky, and the ones I know that are good are too tiny to really give this a workout. But I'm looking forward to playing with your image once I get a chance!

Keep up the good work!

I'm curious, since you're using X11 on this, if Kodi might actually work. It doesn't work on other images I've tried because they're not using a Kodi-compatible kernel display module for whatever reasons their images are built. Have you given it a try for gits and shiggles?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:49 pm

No, I haven't tired Kodi, but I think others did.
And technically it should work to run Kodi with GBM and hardware acceleration as well, if you compile it for the ODROID Go Advance but I haven't tried that either.
I tested ffplay for playing video and wrote myself a small start script and a "Video" ROM-List, that way you can play videos from within Attract Mode, which works fine, but I did this just for testing.

Iamno1
languages_spoken: francais,english,some japanese

Unread post by Iamno1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:43 pm

I really want to try this image but, no matter what I do, I can't connect to wifi...
Is there drivers for multiple wifi dongle or is the odroid wifi dongle, the only one supported ?

snock

Unread post by snock » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm

deerwings wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:40 am
I need to snag a couple of brand new SD cards, as I think the ones I have are a little funky, and the ones I know that are good are too tiny to really give this a workout. But I'm looking forward to playing with your image once I get a chance!

Keep up the good work!

I'm curious, since you're using X11 on this, if Kodi might actually work. It doesn't work on other images I've tried because they're not using a Kodi-compatible kernel display module for whatever reasons their images are built. Have you given it a try for gits and shiggles?
I installed it and I have it working. And the truth is that it doesn't work badly.

kodi.sh in ~/TOOLS/Kodi.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
kodi-standalone
pkill antimicro
These users thanked the author snock for the post (total 2):
mad_ady (Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 am) • deerwings (Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 am)

deerwings

Unread post by deerwings » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:23 am

snock wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:51 pm
deerwings wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:40 am

Keep up the good work!

I installed it and I have it working. And the truth is that it doesn't work badly.

kodi.sh in ~/TOOLS/Kodi.sh

#!/bin/bash
kodi-standalone
pkill antimicro
Curently, my R8188EU dongle isn't working right with this build. No worries, it doesn't work with the other Debian Buster build either, there's something funky with the wifi driver. It keeps associating and disassociating, and I think there's something of a known issue with some versions of this particular dongles. Therefore, without internet I can't fiddle with this a whole lot more. It does work in Batocera and the Retro Roller image, so there's something between the two images that works that needs to be applied to the Debian Buster image. I'm still waiting on some replacement dongles to fix the issue.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 am

If it's not part of the Kernel. There's still a chance you can install one of the many dkms drivers I have in my repository for WIFI modules:

8188eu-dkms - 8188eu driver in DKMS format.
8192cu-dkms - 8192cu driver in DKMS format.
8723bu-dkms - 8723bu driver in DKMS format.
8814au-dkms - 8814au driver in DKMS format.
mt7601-sta-dkms - Ralink MT7601 driver in DKMS format.
mt7610u-dkms - mt7610u driver in DKMS format.
rt5572-dkms - Support for the Ralink RT5572usb network card
rtl8192du-dkms - rtl8192du driver in DKMS format.
rtl8192eu-dkms - rtl8192eu driver in DKMS format.
rtl8812au-dkms - rtl8812au driver in DKMS format.
rtl88x2bu-dkms - rtl88x2bu driver in DKMS format.

snock

Unread post by snock » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:06 pm

I am trying to create a joyconf for dosbox. How do I get the key codes?

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2, Go, Go Advance

Unread post by mad_ady » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:55 am

You run antimicro in the foreground and use its gui to do the mapping

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:47 am

Update:
I added support for Amiga WHDLoad games.

Games must be stored in .lha format and are extracted prior to playing.
You need both Kickstart 2.04 (amiga-os-204.rom) and Kickstart 1.3 (amiga-os-130.rom) as well as rom.key file in case you use official Amiga Forever kickstart roms.

Same as the Amiga emulator itself, this is currently limited to Amiga 500 games.

I also recommend to rename .lha files to better represent the name of the games, e.g. instead of PrinceOfPersia_v3.1_1823.lha you should rename the file to "Prince of Persia.lha" that way you have much higher chance to scrape correct game arts.

Zoolo

Unread post by Zoolo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:24 am

I wanted to update but I failed. I tried with usb network adapter like this
and I tried with my wlan stick edimax ew-7811Un. I am of the opinion that I have edited the interfaces file correctly. It looks like that:

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

auto eth0
#allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
#allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
	wpa-essid <NAME OF MY WLAN>
	wpa-psk <MY WPA PASSWORD>
#	wpa-scan-ssid 1
With my wlan stick I get follwing error : "ipv6 addrconf(netdev_up) wlan0 link is not ready" . With my usb network I have no error but also no connection. What am I doing wrong?

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 am

First of all I would suggest using the allow-hotplug options instead of auto, this will speed up boot process a little as it does not try to start network devices if they are not connected.
I hope you have replaced the name of your WLAN and the password in the config and did not keep the <NAME OF MY WLAN> tags in there ;)

Regarding USB to LAN. I have tried a few adapters and they all worked so far.
If you have an USB hub I'd suggest using this together with a keyboard to try to see what is happening in the background.

Check the output of dmesg and /var/log/syslog if you can for errors, it may complain about missing firmware or something else that can not be loaded.

Zoolo

Unread post by Zoolo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:26 am

Shame on me :oops: , I removed the <> and now it is working with the wlan stick. Nevertheless, the usb network adapter seems not to work. Maybe I will check the syslog later on.
Thanks for the quick help !

esprit
languages_spoken: english french
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Unread post by esprit » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:29 am

With recent debian versions, usb adaptors (and even internal ethernet) are not named eth0 anymore, probably your problem.

Return to “Projects”