Many Systems not working in RetroArena

zetastrike
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Many Systems not working in RetroArena

Unread post by zetastrike » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 am

I got my OGA built and running last night. I took all the relevant BIOS files from my Retroarch setup and placed them in the correct folders. So far, I can't get the following systems games to boot (screen goes black then throws me back to the RA menu) PC Engine CD, Sega CD, Intellivision, Lynx, SNES MSU1. For PCE, I have a redump image, for Sega CD I have a bin/cue I ripped myself, INTV has the no-intro set as does the Lynx, and I'm using the same MSU1 games that work perfectly on my SD2SNES cartridge. Does anyone have these working?

Systems that do work for me: Atari 2600, 7800, NES, Game Gear, Gameboy, Genesis, PSX, N64, Virtual Boy, NGPC.

jpxdude
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Re: Many Systems not working in RetroArena

Unread post by jpxdude » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am

Are you using zipped roms? Doesn’t currently work for many systems on RA. In regards to Sega CD, you need the BIOS file.

zetastrike
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by zetastrike » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am

jpxdude wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am
Are you using zipped roms? Doesn’t currently work for many systems on RA. In regards to Sega CD, you need the BIOS file.
I took all the relevant BIOS files from my retroarch folder on my PC and placed them in the corresponding folders on the OGA. The names were all the same. None of my roms are zipped. I placed the BIOS files in the same folder as the roms they go with. So the 3 Sega CD BIOS files are in the Sega CD folder with the one bin/cue format game I have. I have the syscard3.pce file in the PC Engine folder with the redump Dracula X game I have (it's a multi-bin format).

jpxdude
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Unread post by jpxdude » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:44 pm

zetastrike wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am
jpxdude wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:14 am
I took all the relevant BIOS files from my retroarch folder on my PC and placed them in the corresponding folders on the OGA. The names were all the same. None of my roms are zipped. I placed the BIOS files in the same folder as the roms they go with. So the 3 Sega CD BIOS files are in the Sega CD folder with the one bin/cue format game I have. I have the syscard3.pce file in the PC Engine folder with the redump Dracula X game I have (it's a multi-bin format).
You need to put the unzipped Sega CD bios files in the \opt\libretro\genesis-gx-plus\ folder, not the roms one.

Return to “General Topics”