ODROID Magazine Assistant Editor Wanted

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2

ODROID Magazine Assistant Editor Wanted

Unread post by robroy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:19 am

Are you a native English speaker with awesome editing and language skills?

Want to contribute your knowledge and expertise to the growing ODROID community?

As a staff member of ODROID Magazine, you will be eligible for gift packages from Hardkernel for each issue to which you contribute.

This position will work with Rob Roy, the ODROID Magazine Editor-in-Chief, by grooming articles for each issue before the art editors perform the layouts. Many of our contributors aren't native English speakers, so the editors often correct grammar, fix misspellings, adjust verb tense, and make the articles more legible. As a bonus, you'll get to learn a LOT about Linux, Android, ODROIDs, robotics, programming, and get a sneak peek at every issue :)

Please reply to this thread, or PM @odroidmagazine to apply.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

nem08422
languages_spoken: English
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ODROID Magazine Assistant Editor Wanted

Unread post by nem08422 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:03 am

I am interested, but I would have to really see how I feel about a long term commitment. I am a native English speaker with a B.A. in English. I have experience with English spoken/written as a second language. One or two of my English courses were editing focused. I have a little bit of experience typesetting with LaTeX if it helps. Also I have been using Linux for a long time and understand semi technical writing.

Return to “ODROID Magazine”