Nice work! Just found this now and its working great! Thanks.
I really like how there is a clear menu now that prompts if you want to save and quit or just quit when you press menu button.
Every emulator launcher I tried had a different behaviour on menu button. While one saved the state the other one made you hold the menu button to save. This is much better and one thing I wanted to do myself at some point(now I don't have to anymore
Also glad that you got the partial updates working. I remember it being tricky to decide when to frame skip but the Auto mode seems to work nicely in your build. It makes playing some games much more enjoyable.
Here are some suggestions and a bug report:
- When setting the gameboy emulator to full brightness(5/5) and switching to the menu it dims the light and vice versa. The values itself seem to be set properly though.
- When switching GB pallettes it would be nice to have a preview. I think we just unpaused the game for one frame to do that.
- One minor thing would be to remember the position in the options menu. If you wanna tweak a specific item that would make things easier.
- Another minor thing would be having brightness, volume and pallete wrap around, so can do pallete 7->0 with a single press. Its kinda matter of taste though doing it like this.
- Having a reboot to firmware option when pressing menu button in the launcher would be nice as well!