Ari00
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Odroid N2 dead?

Unread post by Ari00 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:01 pm

Hi,

I bought Odroid N2 a while ago and been using it daily since. I've been very happy with performance and stability using CoreELEC. Ok great, so why am I writing here then?

Well, everything worked great for 32 days! And of course I bought this directly from Hardkernel and their 30 day warranty period had just ended. :cry:

What happened is that one day I decided to unplug everything from N2 and reorganize my stuff a little bit. After plugging everything back in, I couldn't get N2 power on again. I can see that blue led flashes once and then nothing happens. If I set boot select switch to SPI, blue led turns on and after a few seconds starts to blink.

So, I have read about similar cases and I think my board is dead now. Or maybe there is something that I could still try? Any suggestions?

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Odroid N2 dead?

Unread post by odroid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:40 am

Flash the latest N2 CoreELEC OS image with Etcher again.
Try other HDMI cables and other monitors.

If it doesn't help, contact "odroid at hardkernel dot com" with a link of this post.
They will help your RMA process.
We will extend your warranty period a couple of weeks more.

Ari00
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Odroid N2 dead?

Unread post by Ari00 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:59 pm

Thanks for your help!

I did some more testing as you suggested. I used two different HDMI cables and SD-cards (flashed with Etcher and latest CoreELEC image) but I still couldn't get N2 to boot and blue led did the same thing as I described on my previous post.

Also, after reading this forum, I measured GPIO pins 1 (3.3V), 2 (0,03...V) and 4 (0,03...V) using multimeter. I think that for some reason 5V line is not working at all anymore.

So I will try RMA process next.

Return to “Issues”