thatvinylgeek
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Retro Arena OS base

Unread post by thatvinylgeek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:33 pm

o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:08 pm
First off I wanna say, excellent build. This is exactly what I was looking for. I really love the layout and everything including stuff I could't play before on my ogo is working flawlessly, in particular psp. Im running stuff like wipeout where in every other build on here I was barely getting a few fps on other builds. That being said, I'm hitting a few snags... Dreamcast isn't running at all. Not even the one game I could get to boot on every other build and most of them aren't showing up in the game list. I followed the instructions on the website and placed both bios files in the correct directory but its still not working. Next is N64, None of my roms show up aside from mario64 and its not even running. And lastly, NAOMI. I downloaded a bunch of roms in .rar format, unzipped them, then compressed them into .zip...none of them boot. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it's gotta be 100% user error on my part. If anyone has had any success I would greatly appreciate and info. Thanks.
Dreamcast should work fine (it does for me), just create a file in the flycast folder of opt/libretro called "data" and put your dc_boot and dc_flash in there.

N64, the emulator doesn't support zip in this build so you need to have them unzipped (that was my issue)
These users thanked the author thatvinylgeek for the post:
o0 Mr Robot 0o (Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 pm)

o0 Mr Robot 0o
ODROIDs: ODroid go Advance

Unread post by o0 Mr Robot 0o » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:39 pm

thatvinylgeek wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:33 pm
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:
First off I wanna say, excellent build. This is exactly what I was looking for. I really love the layout and everything including stuff I could't play before on my ogo is working flawlessly, in particular psp. Im running stuff like wipeout where in every other build on here I was barely getting a few fps on other builds. That being said, I'm hitting a few snags... Dreamcast isn't running at all. Not even the one game I could get to boot on every other build and most of them aren't showing up in the game list. I followed the instructions on the website and placed both bios files in the correct directory but its still not working. Next is N64, None of my roms show up aside from mario64 and its not even running. And lastly, NAOMI. I downloaded a bunch of roms in .rar format, unzipped them, then compressed them into .zip...none of them boot. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it's gotta be 100% user error on my part. If anyone has had any success I would greatly appreciate and info. Thanks.
Dreamcast should work fine (it does for me), just create a file in the flycast folder of opt/libretro called "data" and put your dc_boot and dc_flash in there.

N64, the emulator doesn't support zip in this build so you need to have them unzipped (that was my issue)
Thanks for the info. I’m going to try unzipping the Naomi games as well and see if that works. 👍🏽

eldontyrell
ODROIDs: go + go advance
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by eldontyrell » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 am

thatvinylgeek wrote:

Dreamcast emulation is running fine, however key mapping renders some games unplayable such as Soul Reaver : Legacy Of Kain. Pressing the analogue stick triggers some games functions and this is impossible
to move.

I tried PSP/TombRaider and this is running quite slow. Other games are running fine such as FFIV or Prince Of Persia.

About MAME, I tried to run outrun, but it's not running fine. If it was possible to chose the emulator (fbaNeo), I'm pretty sure it would be ok. Usually I test this game because I know some emulators
have difficulties with it.

N64 emulation : again, key mapping renders some games unplayable, such as DukeNukem.

But all in all, I think this is a great release.

So this is mainly a matter of having correct mapping and to be able to chose some emulators (like in emu-elec). When this happens and when Amiga/Amstrad/ZX Spectrum emulators are
included by default, I think we'll have a winner !

Stephane

thatvinylgeek

Unread post by thatvinylgeek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:50 am

eldontyrell wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:01 am
thatvinylgeek wrote:

Dreamcast emulation is running fine, however key mapping renders some games unplayable such as Soul Reaver : Legacy Of Kain. Pressing the analogue stick triggers some games functions and this is impossible
to move.

I tried PSP/TombRaider and this is running quite slow. Other games are running fine such as FFIV or Prince Of Persia.

About MAME, I tried to run outrun, but it's not running fine. If it was possible to chose the emulator (fbaNeo), I'm pretty sure it would be ok. Usually I test this game because I know some emulators
have difficulties with it.

N64 emulation : again, key mapping renders some games unplayable, such as DukeNukem.

But all in all, I think this is a great release.

So this is mainly a matter of having correct mapping and to be able to chose some emulators (like in emu-elec). When this happens and when Amiga/Amstrad/ZX Spectrum emulators are
included by default, I think we'll have a winner !

Stephane
Do you know which cfg file the mapping is set in? Is there no way we can change it..?

o0 Mr Robot 0o

Unread post by o0 Mr Robot 0o » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 am

thatvinylgeek wrote:
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:

So n64 works! Thanks for the idea! Still no go on Dreamcast and Naomi. I’m wondering if maybe it’s the format I’m using or maybe the ROMs themselves are bad. Would you mind pm’ing me where you get yours from? Or maybe the format you use? I’m using .zip files I use on my Android emulators.

thatvinylgeek

Unread post by thatvinylgeek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:25 am

o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 am
thatvinylgeek wrote:
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:

So n64 works! Thanks for the idea! Still no go on Dreamcast and Naomi. I’m wondering if maybe it’s the format I’m using or maybe the ROMs themselves are bad. Would you mind pm’ing me where you get yours from? Or maybe the format you use? I’m using .zip files I use on my Android emulators.
CDI for dreamcast, bigger files but seem to work well for me.

Firebird_WS6
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Unread post by Firebird_WS6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:30 am

o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:
thatvinylgeek wrote:
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:

I'm using .chd for dreamcast. es_systems.cfg for Dreamcast states .gdi .cdi .chd.
Zip will not work.

tdowns4712
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance

Unread post by tdowns4712 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:39 pm

IgaBiva wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:52 pm
Sorry if I have missed this information but is mame2003plus supported? If not, will it me supported?

I find this core optimal for all games that support it - it supports ~ 600 games more than standard mame2003 and many games has fixes and improvements. Also, performace is better than on later mame versions.
The default emulator core used, when you load roms in the mame2003 folder, is mame2003plus if you look in the es_systems.cfg. So you're good to go.

sawf01
ODROIDs: hc2

Unread post by sawf01 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for such an excellent build and I can't believe how much progress is being made with each release.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the v2.3 release that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I write the image using etcher it isn't partitioning the full size of the sd card. I've attached an image of how the card is partitioned. Previous releases allocated the full size of the sd card fine, and I can't see anywhere that the method to create the sd card has changed.
Attachments
{6D4D1C74-4422-4AD3-96F4-7E5FB2B2B8E4}.png.jpg
{6D4D1C74-4422-4AD3-96F4-7E5FB2B2B8E4}.png.jpg (23.26 KiB) Viewed 2210 times

eldontyrell

Unread post by eldontyrell » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:10 pm

tdowns4712 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:44 pm
eldontyrell wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:54 pm
There's no zx spectrum and amstrad cpc folders.
Aren't these supported for the moment ?
Would be great :)
Hopefully this can get you pointed in the right direction. If you're interested in trying. No promises of course.

Since it has retroarch built in thanks in part of having RetroRoller built in. You can add libretro cores. cpc32 (Amstrad cpc) and fuse (zxspectrum) I assume you want. Here's an invite below to Retro Game Handhelds discord if use discord. Under the channel "releases-advance" they have a bunch of compatible cores including the formentioned. You'll have to unzip the cores into the correct retroarch folder and edit your es_systems probably as well as add the folders for your ROMs. The people in the "odroidgo-advance" channel can help in this discord as well.

https://discordapp.com/invite/Jd2azKX

It's very possible they will get added in a future release as well.
I cannot find the releases-advance group ?
Thanks for pointing me to its location... i'm looking forward to install an Amiga and ZX Spectrum compatible cores.

tdowns4712

Unread post by tdowns4712 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:20 pm

eldontyrell wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:10 pm
Thanks for pointing me to its location... i'm looking forward to install an Amiga and ZX Spectrum compatible cores.
I forgot to mention, you have to read the welcome page rules before seeing the rest of the discord. Sorry about that. :D

tdowns4712

Unread post by tdowns4712 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:02 pm

Believe i found a bug with the mame2003plus core that I assume effects RetroRoller (testing on TheRA rc2.3). On certain games, based on the Irem m92 board, coin does not work. The work around is to assign them to different buttons (ex i switched to F5). Be sure to save core config so it doesn't mess up bindings in other cores Here's a list of some roms effected and a website listing machines based on that arcade board.
bmaster
gunforc2
gunforce
hook
inthehunt
nbbatman
rtypeleo
uccops
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=747

nelnelhk
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Advance

Unread post by nelnelhk » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:00 am

I got the same issue

When it is first created by Etcher, the partition is likes that
But, when I push the SD card back to the OGA and run the first time.

It seems that problem is solved and you can move back the SD card to your PC for checking the partitions, it works now

quote=sawf01 post_id=286733 time=1584779874 user_id=31362]
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say thank you for such an excellent build and I can't believe how much progress is being made with each release.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the v2.3 release that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I write the image using etcher it isn't partitioning the full size of the sd card. I've attached an image of how the card is partitioned. Previous releases allocated the full size of the sd card fine, and I can't see anywhere that the method to create the sd card has changed.
[/quote]
These users thanked the author nelnelhk for the post:
sawf01 (Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:40 am)

sawf01
ODROIDs: hc2

Unread post by sawf01 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:42 am

Thanks very much, that is sorted now. I didn't notice the size of the partition when I wrote the previous images so I thought it was an issue. Thanks again

eldontyrell

Unread post by eldontyrell » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:43 am

tdowns4712 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:20 pm
eldontyrell wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:10 pm
I forgot to mention, you have to read the welcome page rules before seeing the rest of the discord. Sorry about that. :D
Thanks !
Indeed i was able to find the emulators this time. Still have to install them and configure es_systems.

Thanks !

drpsicoloco

Unread post by drpsicoloco » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Put it in the android go advance, and boot it. It should expand the partition to take the full space on the first boot.
sawf01 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi guys,

littlbee

Unread post by littlbee » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 pm

I think I must miss something big about this 2.3 release... I flashed it, copied over the complete rom directory I was using from 2.2 and also copied all saved games back into the /home/odroid directory.
After booting in 2.3, many games are missing and not getting listed (especially for psx) while they are showing up in 2.2.
Also saved games from 2.2 that are now in /home/odroid are not recognized.

So, what am I missing in transitioning from 2.2 to 2.3 ?

sana2dang
languages_spoken: korea
ODROIDs: odroid advance go, odroid n2

Unread post by sana2dang » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Bug..

It looks like there's a bug that won't charge when it goes into sleep mode while charging.

Does it happen?

IgaBiva
languages_spoken: english, deutsch, srpski
ODROIDs: N2

Unread post by IgaBiva » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:44 am

It seems that my WiFi dongle (TP-Link TL-WN725N Nano) is not recognized by RA. It works with base image and EmuELEC.

WiFi is not listed in a WiFi menu of Odroid options, just a bunch of Ethernet connctions.

What can I do?

Or i am missing something?

npaladin2000

Unread post by npaladin2000 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:26 am

The bunch of ethernets can be deleted, they're leftover from dev. If you hit the Plus button in that list, it should show you a list of detected WiFi networks you can add (use L and R to get to the plus button).
These users thanked the author npaladin2000 for the post:
IgaBiva (Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:05 am)

IgaBiva

Unread post by IgaBiva » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:05 am

Thank you - it was obvious but I have not seen it :)

drpsicoloco

Unread post by drpsicoloco » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm

I have a 256gb micro sd and PPSSPP isn't saving for me. When the game boots it says there's not enough free space (I have about 2gbs free on the memory card) and even save states don't work. I went ahead and deleted a good 20gbs of roms and still have this issue. I wonder why I'm having this issue. I didn't have this with another micrso sd with same version of OS.
thatvinylgeek wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm
Think I solved the problems I was having, seems I wasn't leaving enough free space on the mem card, I think you need at least 3-4gb empty, then it appears to be ok with saving etc.

SnowFarmers
ODROIDs: ODROID-Go Advance

Unread post by SnowFarmers » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 pm

anyone know how to get DC chd's working on this os? im not sure what emulator the other os's use but my chd's loaded no problem on them.
Also, are scripts supported? we could benefit from the max performance script included with the retro roller OS.

tdowns4712

Unread post by tdowns4712 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

SnowFarmers wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 pm
anyone know how to get DC chd's working on this os? im not sure what emulator the other os's use but my chd's loaded no problem on them.
Also, are scripts supported? we could benefit from the max performance script included with the retro roller OS.
Have you tried editing the dreamcast section to look for .chd or .CHD roms in es_systems?

I can confirm, in the es_systems.cfg perfmax is enabled on some systems. Look thru said cfg for examples. I believe it's already enabled when you launch DC games if that's what you wanted. As it's a Linux based system scripts can also be written as well. Not sure if you need to be root to save to the cmd folder.

EDIT: Just add "perfmax; " at beginning of command for system in es_systems and ; perfnorm afterwards. ex:
perfmax; retrorun32 -s ~ -d /opt/libretro/flycast /opt/libretro/flycast/flycast_libretro.so %ROM%; perfnorm
Last edited by tdowns4712 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author tdowns4712 for the post:
SnowFarmers (Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:19 pm)

littlbee

Unread post by littlbee » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 am

littlbee wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:17 pm
I think I must miss something big about this 2.3 release... I flashed it, copied over the complete rom directory I was using from 2.2 and also copied all saved games back into the /home/odroid directory.
After booting in 2.3, many games are missing and not getting listed (especially for psx) while they are showing up in 2.2.

Anyone to advise where to put saved games from the RC2.2 into the RC2.3 ? Are they compatible ?
About PSX games, I have a number of them for which I only have the .bin file. They were listed correctly in RC2.2, but no in RC2.3. Could it be that for RC.2.3 PSX games need to have both bin + cue or ccd + img + sub to be recognized ?

Firebird_WS6
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Unread post by Firebird_WS6 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 am

Anyone know why the analog stick is not recognized in Playstation games when the controller is set to retropad w/analog (in Retroarch)? For example in Colin McRae rally, the analog settings are grayed out in the game menu, so the analog stick must not be recognized as such.
I’d like to use true analog steering via the joystick in that game and not analog to digital

drpsicoloco

Unread post by drpsicoloco » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Anyone else having issues with PSP games detecting the memory card not being large enough? I have 20gbs of free space. I'm using a 156gb memory card though. No clue what's causing the issue. I've tried reflashing and reinstalling. If I only install the psp games then it saves fine. Other than copying over the folders with my roms I'm not doing much. I have the sega cd bios and psx bios in the retroarch folder but that can't be the issue (right?).

*edit* I freed 50gbs on the memory card and now it's working. That seems like an absurd amount of space. Any ideas what might be going on?

robDevs
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odoid Go Advance(soon)

Unread post by robDevs » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 am

will this ever be hosted on github? Or will digging through forum posts for a mega link be the norm? I really like RetroArena but will stick with the stock image for ease of finding info/updates.

Slaminger
ODROIDs: Xu4, n2, c2, odroid go advance

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:26 pm
In the middle of compiling this build before testing, I notice that Amiga systems, game and watch, megadrive japan, neogeo CD and separate folders for hacks are still not present. Any way to add them?

Yes, you can add them into roms then define the system in es_systems.cfg located at /etc/emulationstation

SnowFarmers
ODROIDs: ODROID-Go Advance

Unread post by SnowFarmers » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:55 am

robDevs wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 am
will this ever be hosted on github? Or will digging through forum posts for a mega link be the norm? I really like RetroArena but will stick with the stock image for ease of finding info/updates.
I just use the website posted from the first page. https://techtoytinker.com/odroid-go-advance
Has all the download links to the different updates

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:19 am

tdowns4712 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:11 pm
In RC 2.3 PSX performance is noticeably slower then it should be. I recommend you go back to using retrorun32 like in the stock (19.10) image RC 2.3 is based on. I just copied the command in es_systems and libretro files from from the stock image i had installed on another sd card. You need to copy bios files into the libretro pcsx folder like you do in stock as well.
If you use retrorun you have no memory card function. That's why it was moved to retroarch. Either way there is an issue that needs to be fixed.

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:20 am

robDevs wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:49 am
Just remember to use www.techtoytinker.com
And you never have to search

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 am

littlbee wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:14 am
littlbee wrote:

Anyone to advise where to put saved games from the RC2.2 into the RC2.3 ? Are they compatible ?
About PSX games, I have a number of them for which I only have the .bin file. They were listed correctly in RC2.2, but no in RC2.3. Could it be that for RC.2.3 PSX games need to have both bin + cue or ccd + img + sub to be recognized ?
Bin was removed from the es_systems.cfg since usually it's bin and cue. Add .bin back to extensions

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 am

IgaBiva wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:44 am
It seems that my WiFi dongle (TP-Link TL-WN725N Nano) is not recognized by RA. It works with base image and EmuELEC.

WiFi is not listed in a WiFi menu of Odroid options, just a bunch of Ethernet connctions.

What can I do?

Or i am missing something?
Find kamots and try his wifi package. You can probably Google kamots github to find it.

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 am

littlbee wrote:

2.3 uses retroarch instead of retrorun, see the retroarch faq page to see the correct naming of saves. They still work but need renaming.

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:26 am

sawf01 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi guys,

Something went wrong. Just use gparted to expand the allocated space you see to fill the unallocated.

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:28 am

o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:
thatvinylgeek wrote:
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:

You can modify the hotkeys in the retroarch.cfg in each retroarch folder at /home/odroid/.config

The reason each release is tagged RC is because it's a release candidate, each version adds more cores and more improvements. Once I'm getting minimal bug reports and I've added more cores it will become a full public release. Think of it as a beta or preview. With that in mind, RC 2.4 is coming later today or tomorrow and it's got a very large work over, new hotkey setup, Nintendo DS. All bios besides Saturn and Dreamcast now just go in /roms/bios.
These users thanked the author Slaminger for the post:
o0 Mr Robot 0o (Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm)

SarahC
ODROIDs: Go

Unread post by SarahC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm

Beautiful software!
Thank you for it!

Could someone help me with my joypad?

It's not calibrated, and so it's not centred in the games I've tried. =(
Is there a way I can centre it?

I tried looking for the answer myself, and only found this that uses commands for the software:
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_advance/cal_keypad
My background is Windows, and I have no idea how to go about calibrating the joypad for it using those commands above - especially as the Advance doesn't have a keyboard, I imagine it's via the USB socket.

I bought Paragons Linux filesystem reader/writer for Windows - so I can edit files on the SD card if that would help?

I'm running Reto Arena V2.3.

Many thanks everyone!

x

IgaBiva

Unread post by IgaBiva » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Slaminger wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:28 am

With that in mind, RC 2.4 is coming later today or tomorrow and it's got a very large work over, new hotkey setup, Nintendo DS. All bios besides Saturn and Dreamcast now just go in /roms/bios.
Hall Slaminger, thank you for your great work!

Will it be possible to upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4 or reflash is our only option?

eldontyrell

Unread post by eldontyrell » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:16 am

SarahC wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm
Beautiful software!
Thank you for it!

Could someone help me with my joypad?

It's not calibrated, and so it's not centred in the games I've tried. =(
Is there a way I can centre it?

I tried looking for the answer myself, and only found this that uses commands for the software:
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_advance/cal_keypad
My background is Windows, and I have no idea how to go about calibrating the joypad for it using those commands above - especially as the Advance doesn't have a keyboard, I imagine it's via the USB socket.

I bought Paragons Linux filesystem reader/writer for Windows - so I can edit files on the SD card if that would help?

I'm running Reto Arena V2.3.

Many thanks everyone!

x
Paragons Linux filesystem is not a bad tool but a little bit unstable.
Also, it's quite cheap so why not after all.
Is there a FREE alternative ?

Stephane

IgaBiva

Unread post by IgaBiva » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 am

eldontyrell wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:16 am

Stephane
Yes, there is - VirtualBox plus any Linux virtual image - cost is zero.

o0 Mr Robot 0o

Unread post by o0 Mr Robot 0o » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Slaminger wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:28 am
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:
thatvinylgeek wrote:
o0 Mr Robot 0o wrote:

You can modify the hotkeys in the retroarch.cfg in each retroarch folder at /home/odroid/.config

The reason each release is tagged RC is because it's a release candidate, each version adds more cores and more improvements. Once I'm getting minimal bug reports and I've added more cores it will become a full public release. Think of it as a beta or preview. With that in mind, RC 2.4 is coming later today or tomorrow and it's got a very large work over, new hotkey setup, Nintendo DS. All bios besides Saturn and Dreamcast now just go in /roms/bios.
Excellent, appreciate the hard work you guys put into this. It's in my opinion one of the most refined builds I've ran to date. Can't wait to see what the next release brings. Keep up the good work!

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:37 am

Funny you should mention the next release, because it's ready now. It brings Nintendo DS, hotkey functionality into retro arch including a way to exit back to es, and numerous fixes. More detailed information and the image link are available at:
https://techtoytinker.com/odroid-go-advance

Its RC 2.4
These users thanked the author Slaminger for the post:
dendirk (Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:02 am)

dendirk

Unread post by dendirk » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:52 am

Nice thanks!
These users thanked the author dendirk for the post:
Slaminger (Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am)

eldontyrell

Unread post by eldontyrell » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:00 am

IgaBiva wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:57 am
eldontyrell wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:16 am

Stephane
Yes, there is - VirtualBox plus any Linux virtual image - cost is zero.
Yes indeed!
I totally forgot this alternative.

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:57 am

Slaminger wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:53 am
Eyeball37 wrote:
In the middle of compiling this build before testing, I notice that Amiga systems, game and watch, megadrive japan, neogeo CD and separate folders for hacks are still not present. Any way to add them?

Yes, you can add them into roms then define the system in es_systems.cfg located at /etc/emulationstation

But will they run if the cores are not present? Or are the cores there, just not listed in the systems.cfg

Slaminger

Unread post by Slaminger » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:57 am
Slaminger wrote:
Eyeball37 wrote:

But will they run if the cores are not present? Or are the cores there, just not listed in the systems.cfg
Part of the reason I put the full retro arch In is that it frees users to acquire their own cores online and try them.
Amiga isn't ready yet but its coming.

Eyeball37

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:42 am

Slaminger wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:36 am
Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:57 am
Slaminger wrote:
Eyeball37 wrote:

Part of the reason I put the full retro arch In is that it frees users to acquire their own cores online and try them.
Amiga isn't ready yet but its coming.

Amiberry works well for 500, 1200 and CD. As soon as the systems I mention above are incorporated within the build, I’m really thinking about making your OS my main build.

Great work so far, your Grandad wold be very proud
These users thanked the author Eyeball37 for the post:
Slaminger (Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:36 pm)

thatvinylgeek

Unread post by thatvinylgeek » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:33 am

Had anyone managed to get chd files working for dreamcast with this image?

No matter what I do they just return back to the home screen, GDI and CDI seem to work fine.

drpsicoloco

Unread post by drpsicoloco » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:31 am

What version are you all using for Final Burn Alpha and Naomi?

Related to the dreamcast chd question, how about pce cd (aka turbo grafx cd) chds? Anyone tried those yet?

Also, is there a way to modify list to get the full names of games in MAME? I noticed the earlier games have the full name while some later ones only display the zip file name.

The newest release works great for me so far. I think the new hot key exit makes it cleaner. The only thing I can't get working is the volume up and down and brightness shortcuts to work (It's supposed to be the bottom left button plus up/down or left/right).

Return to “Projects”