Looking to buy odroid newcomer

Opp74
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: none reaserching and now looking to buy
Been thanked: 0

Looking to buy odroid newcomer

Unread post by Opp74 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:22 am

Hi I'm new to single board pcs, But not electronics or computers. I first started looking into odroid and raspberry after getting fed up with crappie media boxes that are locked and unupgradeable and all around a royal pain in the well anyway!

After a week of YouTube and internet research on single board pcs it's looking like odroid is the one and odroid c2 not the newest xu4 is the best most os options to go with and all roads point to this forum for support and os releases!

I'm into multi boot systems libreelec, android etc my one media box is a dual boot libreelec and android but the company droidbox stopped support and upgrades!

I saw berry boot for raspberry and that was drawing me to that board until a couple of videos showed only odroid c2 can run android 9 on up. The draw that berry boot and raspberry had was looked like infinite number of os as long as the drive space plus the option to put it on a usb hard drive.

Because of my experience with stupid media boxes I'm looking for infinite upgrade options like my old windows 7 pc and other stuff easy fast to update and change with current version not this media box bs of manufacturer support for os version, firmware update just to update the os then to find firmware tons of searching if you can even find it

Return to “Introduce Yourself”