batocera.linux

Third party OS images and hardware mods
User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 7332
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 346 times
Been thanked: 252 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by mad_ady » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Also the ASIX ethernet adapter works out of the box with stock ubuntu.

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm

I mean they all work, but its only when using secure sites that it gives the problem, http request, or even samba shares work fine. anyways don't want to clutter this thread with this report, just one last question, is there source code for the reference image? I want to compare it with mine. as I cannot for the life of me boot the one available for download :(

joy
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by joy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:25 pm

lsc1117 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:44 pm
@nadenislamarre

Thank you for the porting batocera on GO-Advance.
But in the latest uboot, if there are no kernel and dtb in the root of FAT GO-Advance consider it an error.
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/bl ... #L122-L133

Can you duplicate both kernel and dtb to the root folder of FAT in the next batocera image?
The FAT partition will be like this structure.

Code: Select all

BATOCERA/
    boot/
        batocera
        linux
        rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb
        uInitrd
    batocera-boot.conf
    boot.ini
    Image
    rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb
nadenislamarre wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:34 am
heu no.
this is ugly.

=> in fact it looks like you boot.ini is not correctly configured.
Hi @nadenislamarre,
Current u-boot finds kernel and dtb images in fat filesystem before parsing boot.ini,
and if the files don't exits, it goes to error state.

That's not related to boot.ini configuration logic.

Here is a basic booting scenario for OGA.
The scenario is to notify mandatory error to Users.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_advan ... -boot_flow
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/bl ... go2.c#L111

I've checked the latest image, batocera-5.25-odroidgoa-20200127.img.
This is structure the final one, right?

Code: Select all

BATOCERA/
    boot/
        batocera
        linux
        rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb
        uInitrd
    batocera-boot.conf
    boot.ini
( Updated )

@nadenislamarre,
We've discussed this issue internally with Hardkernel members.
We think it's not available to support various types of folder structure according to various platforms.
To support it, we should consider all of scenarios and modify many parts of source codes. :(
So can you consider the folder structure of fat file system as Hardkernel official image without "boot" sub-folder?

Code: Select all

BATOCERA/
    batocera
    linux
    rk3326-odroidgo2-linux.dtb
    uInitrd
    batocera-boot.conf
    boot.ini

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 33270
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 365 times
Been thanked: 445 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by odroid » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:45 pm

@nadenislamarre,
Consider our suggestions since we have to add some more essential features to the u-boot code.
Otherwise, you need to do some time consuming cherry picks.

kamots
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:05 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO, C1+, ODROID-GO Advance
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 22 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by kamots » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:15 pm

odroid wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:45 pm
RTL8811AU and RTL8188CUS worked fine when we tested on our Ubuntu minimal image last month.
Great! And I'm happy to keep collecting additional driver modules so please direct people here that are having issues: viewtopic.php?f=194&t=37485

If the devices needed are not too expensive I will also buy them for testing.

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 am

>> Interesting, So you can download themes from within Emulationstation?
yes, the batocera emulationstation includes it.

>> MT7601U RTL8192cu
these drivers are included into the kernel as modules. the firmwares are up to date. so, it should work. maybe dmesg will tell us more why it doesn't work. are the driver loaded when plugin the dongle ?

>> Current u-boot finds kernel and dtb images in fat filesystem before parsing boot.ini,
ok. i can update uboot and the file path then. Whare are the advantage of the new uboot ?

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 am

all the batocera source code is available from here : https://github.com/batocera-linux/batocera.linux

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 am

we use uboot e26496cf20cae3631eb55db11026d704743dcfb1 from https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot.git / odroidgoA-v2017.09.
we miss only commit. are you sure that kernel and dtb are read before the boot.ini ?
which commit version do you suggest ?

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:16 am

nadenislamarre wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 am
>> Interesting, So you can download themes from within Emulationstation?
yes, the batocera emulationstation includes it.

>> MT7601U RTL8192cu
these drivers are included into the kernel as modules. the firmwares are up to date. so, it should work. maybe dmesg will tell us more why it doesn't work. are the driver loaded when plugin the dongle ?
Have you tried it with any of the other dongles or just the one included with the device? all of my dongles (except Odroid Module 5A) work on batocera, I can connect, get an IP, even browse samba, but I cannot use anything that uses SSL (so no https, ssh, themez, bezels, etc) the included dongle however works perfectly fine, which is what I find strange.

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:23 am

nadenislamarre wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 am
we use uboot e26496cf20cae3631eb55db11026d704743dcfb1 from https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot.git / odroidgoA-v2017.09.
we miss only commit. are you sure that kernel and dtb are read before the boot.ini ?
which commit version do you suggest ?
I can confirm the kernel and dtb get read before boot.ini, although they do not not actually get loaded before reading boot.ini, but the code checks their presence and if they are not found it halts with an error, not sure why its like this, in my case I had to patch the code to ignore this check.

Code is here:
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/bl ... go2.c#L123

Why it works like this? who knows, I think a better solution would be to just check for the presence of boot.ini.

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:48 am

nadenislamarre wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 am
all the batocera source code is available from here : https://github.com/batocera-linux/batocera.linux
Sorry if that was meant for me, I meant the reference image source code, I apologize for using your thread for asking this, but the problem I am seeing also affects Batocera.

crashoverride
Posts: 4712
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:42 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 187 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by crashoverride » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:30 am

shanti wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:48 am
I meant the reference image source code
The reference image is based on Ubuntu. Everything (in the OS) is compiled and packaged by Canonical (company that makes Ubuntu). The OS image is assembled using the "debootstrap" command. Source code can be found here:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-updates/debootstrap

[edit]
The following package is installed in the base OS to provide SSH (apt install openssh-server):
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-upda ... ssh-server
These users thanked the author crashoverride for the post:
shanti (Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:37 am)

joy
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by joy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:43 pm

shanti wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:23 am
nadenislamarre wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 am
we use uboot e26496cf20cae3631eb55db11026d704743dcfb1 from https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot.git / odroidgoA-v2017.09.
we miss only commit. are you sure that kernel and dtb are read before the boot.ini ?
which commit version do you suggest ?
I can confirm the kernel and dtb get read before boot.ini, although they do not not actually get loaded before reading boot.ini, but the code checks their presence and if they are not found it halts with an error, not sure why its like this, in my case I had to patch the code to ignore this check.

Code is here:
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/bl ... go2.c#L123

Why it works like this? who knows, I think a better solution would be to just check for the presence of boot.ini.
Hi @nadenislamarre,
You don't need to modify the structure of FAT folder. Keep it as it is including boot.ini.
Based on other forum users' opinion, related logic will be updated.

Please refer to this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=37559#p279261

Related commit will be merged around next week on Hardkernel github.

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:29 am

@shanti can you give an example command failing because of ssl ?

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:07 am

nadenislamarre wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:29 am
@shanti can you give an example command failing because of ssl ?
Using any other dongle other than the one provided, from the debug console:;

Code: Select all

wget https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/archive/odroidn2-v2015.01.zip
or

Code: Select all

curl https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/archive/odroidn2-v2015.01.zip
or just try downloading themes, but the important thing to keep in mind is, the included dongle works fine, its just other dongles or Ethernet adapters.

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 am

wget https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/ar ... 015.01.zip => works on my side ;-(
which output does it provide on your side ?

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:37 am

nadenislamarre wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:09 am
wget https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/ar ... 015.01.zip => works on my side ;-(
which output does it provide on your side ?
Did you use another dongle other than the one provided with the devkit (module 0)?

Code: Select all

curl https://google.com
curl: (35) error:1408F119:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:decryption failed or bad record mac

joy
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by joy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi @nadenislamarre,

I have one update and one question about batocera for OGA.

1. Update u-boot
One u-boot commit related to batocera support has been included in Hardkernel u-boot.
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=37559#p279288

https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot/co ... df18b45c9a

2. Abnormal u-boot loading : check idbloader area in batocera image
As I've tested batocera image 20200116 & 20200203 (beta), OGA doesn't load u-boot from batocera image in SD card, but it loads u-boot in SPI flash.
https://batocera.org/upgrades/odroidgoa/beta/last/

It means early boot loader treats boot loaders in SD cards are not available.
So I've checked idbloader (miniloader), uboot and trust area in batocera image and found there is not available idbloader in expected position of the image.
Instead of idbloader pattern, there are some data that I have no idea about at the offset (not idbloader.img).
Because of this mismatch, early boot loader doesn't load u-boot from SD card.

To confirm my assumption, I re-write idbloader area only then I can get u-boot version of batocera image.

Code: Select all

U-Boot 2017.09 (Feb 02 2020 - 22:28:36 +0000)
Please refer to this layout.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_advan ... of_sd_card
OGA_layout_sdcard.png
OGA_layout_sdcard.png (44.68 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
At sector offset, 64, idbloader image should be located.
You can find idbloader.img in u-boot/sd_fuse/idbloader.img once u-boot source codes are compiled.
Also please check u-boot/sd_fuse/sd_fusing.sh

Code: Select all

IDBLOADER=idbloader.img
UBOOT=uboot.img
TRUST=trust.img

sudo dd if=$IDBLOADER of=$1 conv=fsync bs=512 seek=64
sudo dd if=$UBOOT of=$1 conv=fsync bs=512 seek=16384
sudo dd if=$TRUST of=$1 conv=fsync bs=512 seek=24576
So could you check it?
With the current batocera image, we can't boot OGA normally because of FAT structure difference.
You don't need to change your structure, but just apply one u-boot patch and check idbloader issue.

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:34 am

hi,

it explains thinks to me ;-)
i wanted to remove the "dirty" word on the uboot image, and removing all the occurrence of it didn't remove it at boot time.
i'm doing a test :
- i've updated uboot commit
- i've modify idbloader start from 512b to 32K (https://github.com/batocera-linux/batoc ... nimage.cfg)

and if that work, i commit and update the beta image and you'll tell me if that's ok to you.

nadenislamarre
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by nadenislamarre » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 am

it works.
thanks a lot.
the beta image is up to date (https://batocera.org/upgrades/odroidgoa/beta/last/)
see my commit : https://github.com/batocera-linux/batoc ... 79dd39bfc5
These users thanked the author nadenislamarre for the post (total 2):
joy (Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:09 am) • odroid (Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 am)

joy
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by joy » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:14 am

nadenislamarre wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:34 am
i'm doing a test :
- i've updated uboot commit
- i've modify idbloader start from 512b to 32K (https://github.com/batocera-linux/batoc ... nimage.cfg)

and if that work, i commit and update the beta image and you'll tell me if that's ok to you.
nadenislamarre wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 am
the beta image is up to date (https://batocera.org/upgrades/odroidgoa/beta/last/)
see my commit : https://github.com/batocera-linux/batoc ... 79dd39bfc5
Hi nadenislamarre,
Thank you so much for the quick update.

I've tested the new beta image 20200204 and it works perfectly. :D
Booting to game station works well,
and u-boot is loaded from batocera image as we expected.

Code: Select all

=> ver
U-Boot 2017.09 (Feb 04 2020 - 20:31:52 +0000)

aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (Linaro GCC 7.1-2017.08) 7.1.1 20170707
GNU ld (Linaro_Binutils-2017.08) 2.28.2.20170706
These users thanked the author joy for the post:
odroid (Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:58 am)

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:37 pm

nadenislamarre wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:51 am
it works.
thanks a lot.
the beta image is up to date (https://batocera.org/upgrades/odroidgoa/beta/last/)
see my commit : https://github.com/batocera-linux/batoc ... 79dd39bfc5
Not sure if this is a known issue, but the background music on ES makes a weird noise, like its squeaking.

https://youtu.be/0h_xM2Frr_g

lsc1117
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:46 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: South Korea
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 11 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by lsc1117 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 pm

@shanti

Try twisting the wires of the speakers like this picture.
https://dn.odroid.com/source_peripheral ... ton/5.jpeg

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 am

lsc1117 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 pm
@shanti

Try twisting the wires of the speakers like this picture.
https://dn.odroid.com/source_peripheral ... ton/5.jpeg
That is how I have them, this issue is only with the Batocera image and only on the ES background music, it does not happen on any other image I have tested :)

joy
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1+, XU4, X
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 106 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by joy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 pm

shanti wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 am
lsc1117 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 pm
@shanti

Try twisting the wires of the speakers like this picture.
https://dn.odroid.com/source_peripheral ... ton/5.jpeg
That is how I have them, this issue is only with the Batocera image and only on the ES background music, it does not happen on any other image I have tested :)
Hi @shanti,
Or could you change sound volume to lower level to check if there is any audio signal clipping issue caused by sw volume?

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:46 am

joy wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 pm
shanti wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:00 am
lsc1117 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:22 pm
@shanti

Try twisting the wires of the speakers like this picture.
https://dn.odroid.com/source_peripheral ... ton/5.jpeg
That is how I have them, this issue is only with the Batocera image and only on the ES background music, it does not happen on any other image I have tested :)
Hi @shanti,
Or could you change sound volume to lower level to check if there is any audio signal clipping issue caused by sw volume?
Tried that, even at the lowest volume

deerwings
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by deerwings » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:31 pm

Any likely idea of when a fix for Retroarch's menu being rotated 90 degrees might be in? It's great that the games themselves are rotated properly, but it's impossible to remap buttons!

User avatar
shareef
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:29 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-go
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shareef » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:15 am

shanti wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Not sure if this is a known issue, but the background music on ES makes a weird noise, like its squeaking.

https://youtu.be/0h_xM2Frr_g
Just curious, if you disable background music in ES entirely is there still a squeaking noise?

Carew
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:16 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odriod Go Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Carew » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:34 am

I transfer games to the SD card, if I do this after a fresh flash when I update list the games show, if I add anymore games after that all the games disappear from the list. I try to update list but it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

tpsO
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:19 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO ODROID-GO Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by tpsO » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:38 am

Carew wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:34 am
I transfer games to the SD card, if I do this after a fresh flash when I update list the games show, if I add anymore games after that all the games disappear from the list. I try to update list but it's not working. What am I doing wrong?
The same happened to me as well.

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 am

shareef wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:15 am
shanti wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Not sure if this is a known issue, but the background music on ES makes a weird noise, like its squeaking.

https://youtu.be/0h_xM2Frr_g
Just curious, if you disable background music in ES entirely is there still a squeaking noise?
No, only when BG music is on

User avatar
shareef
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:29 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-go
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 7 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shareef » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:54 am

shanti wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 am
No, only when BG music is on
I see. Are you able to change the music? Does it go away depending on the music you choose?

belrik
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by belrik » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:34 pm

Hello, is there any way to display the battery % in the main menu screen next to the time?

Eyeball37
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 am

Hello, two questions

1. How can I add cps systems to the image

&

2. How can I delete the pre installed roms, I am opening the rom folders on ubuntu pc but it will not let me delete the files I want to

Many thanks

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 am
Hello, two questions

1. How can I add cps systems to the image

&

2. How can I delete the pre installed roms, I am opening the rom folders on ubuntu pc but it will not let me delete the files I want to

Many thanks
Most likely you will need to open the ROM folder as root, since that is the owner of the files

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:05 am

shareef wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:54 am
shanti wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 am
No, only when BG music is on
I see. Are you able to change the music? Does it go away depending on the music you choose?
It does not go away by changing music, but it is random, sometimes after returning from a game is there, sometimes its not, but it does not happen on gameplay. But I am sure this is something on my unit (a dev kit unit) as I have other problems that nobody else has as well,

Eyeball37
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:13 am

shanti wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am
Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 am
Hello, two questions

1. How can I add cps systems to the image

&

2. How can I delete the pre installed roms, I am opening the rom folders on ubuntu pc but it will not let me delete the files I want to

Many thanks
Most likely you will need to open the ROM folder as root, since that is the owner of the files

Is it possible to explain how I can do this? Thanks for the reply

wiedi
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:53 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by wiedi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:42 am

I tested the image an it works great!

I have an issue with the WiFi connection, I tried two different WiFi dongles.
When I search for a SSID Batocera shows me WiFis which are not there, like "WiFi-N" it seems that the correct SSID could not be resolved.

Any other had a similar problem?

shanti
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 am
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by shanti » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:54 am

Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:13 am
shanti wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:03 am
Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 am
Hello, two questions

1. How can I add cps systems to the image

&

2. How can I delete the pre installed roms, I am opening the rom folders on ubuntu pc but it will not let me delete the files I want to

Many thanks
Most likely you will need to open the ROM folder as root, since that is the owner of the files

Is it possible to explain how I can do this? Thanks for the reply
Well I guess it would be better to do a google search on that since I am sure its better explain somewhere else, but the easiest way is by terminal, right click on the roms folder and select "open in terminal" from there you can change to the folder that has the files you want to delete then type "sudo rm filetodelete.ext" but be careful not to delete files you want.

Eyeball37
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:13 am

Thanks for replying again. I believe I managed to erase them through sudo nautilus in the terminal which then gave me root access to delete them. I’ve yet to test it in the device but I’m confident that they are now removed. If they are not then I will use the above mentioned command.

I’ve added a CPS1 folder into roms through root, what can I do to get it to show on the homescreen? Will it be a case of gaining root access again and finding the es_systems.cfg file as I would do on a retropie build?

deerwings
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:11 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by deerwings » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:04 am

If you add the setting:

Code: Select all

global.retroarch.menu_driver=rgui
to the bottom of /userdata/system/batocera.conf, then save and reboot, all emulators will default to using Retroarch's rgui UI which is a LOT easier to use in its rotated state than Ozone. XMB might work but I haven't tested it and I've never liked XMB anyway. Just thought I'd toss this out there. Controls are still rotated, so you'll have to get used to working 90 degrees, but at least the options are accessable so key remapping for emulators (Setting Y and B as B and A for Gameboy and making it more comfortable to use, for example).

cpasjuste
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:05 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by cpasjuste » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:07 am

Ho well, i guess you are lucky. Tried to get a device from hardkernel to port recalbox to it, without any reply :)

benmeh101
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:56 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO Advance
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by benmeh101 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:26 am

This will probably come across as a noob question, but I can't for the life of me get roms onto the system. I used balena etcher to flash the latest batocera image, booted the device to repartition it, saw the menu with the default games installed / working. I then use extFS by Paragon software on my Macbook Pro to mount the MicroSD card. I can see the BOOT and SHARE partitions listed in Finder, when I open the SHARE drive I can see the expected folder structure with ROMS etc in there. I try placing rom files in a few emulators and unmount then re-launch on the odroid go advance however none of the emulators I added roms for are showing up, still just the default emulators. I read somewhere that you have to "Verify" the files after copying them across, however when I hit the Verify button I get a bunch of disk errors and it asks to repair the drive. I let it do that but it takes forever and keeps crashing the MacBook due to the repair process leaking memory. I have had it repairing for over 8 hours (restarting it dozens of times after memory crash) but its still not complete. To try and fast-track the whole repair process I bought a brand new Kingston 32GB memory card, flashed the batocera over, launched on device to partition, copied roms across using extFS on the mac again but they still wont show up on device. I then tried to 'verify' with the new memory stick and I got a bunch of file-system errors, and again the repair option is running forever and crashed the Macbook after about an hour of repairing each time.

Surely this can not be this hard? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 7259
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 450 times
Been thanked: 126 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by rooted » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:41 pm

cpasjuste wrote:Ho well, i guess you are lucky. Tried to get a device from hardkernel to port recalbox to it, without any reply :)
This is your first post?

wiedi
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:53 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid Go, Odroid Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by wiedi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:23 pm

wiedi wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:42 am
I tested the image an it works great!

I have an issue with the WiFi connection, I tried two different WiFi dongles.
When I search for a SSID Batocera shows me WiFis which are not there, like "WiFi-N" it seems that the correct SSID could not be resolved.

Any other had a similar problem?
I've solved IT by myself... My SSID had a !...
Changed the SSID and now it workes

User avatar
mad_ady
Posts: 7332
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:00 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2, Go, Go Advance
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 346 times
Been thanked: 252 times
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by mad_ady » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:33 pm

Smells like an improper handling of user data in a subshell somewhere. An injection vulnerability when somebody sets their ssid to `rm -rf /`
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
wiedi (Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:21 am)

Eyeball37
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 pm

Is it possible to have a battery percentage on the screen at all times?

How do I change the time on the clock?

Thanks

alektronic
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:08 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-GO
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by alektronic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 pm
Is it possible to have a battery percentage on the screen at all times?
I asked on the batocera discord and apparently there is currently a problem with getting reliable data from the battery
Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 pm
How do I change the time on the clock?
You can set your timezone in SHARE/system/batocera.conf - then if you connect to wifi the correct time will be set

Eyeball37
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm

alektronic wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:56 pm
Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 pm
Is it possible to have a battery percentage on the screen at all times?
I asked on the batocera discord and apparently there is currently a problem with getting reliable data from the battery
Eyeball37 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:25 pm
How do I change the time on the clock?
You can set your timezone in SHARE/system/batocera.conf - then if you connect to wifi the correct time will be set
thank you for your answer, much appreciated. lets hope that they can fix the problem with the battery indicator as would be a great feature. I thought as much with the time but nice to have it confirmed.

i wonder if you would have the answer to this question aswell? Is it possible to add more systems to the homescreen, for example CPS1,2,3? from what i can see the theme already supports them, so would it simply be a question of editing the systems config via root?

thanks again

Eyeball37
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:58 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Advance
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: batocera.linux

Unread post by Eyeball37 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:13 am

https://batocera.org/upgrades/odroidgoa ... 214.img.gz

I believe this is the developer image which appears to have more emulators installed?

Would it be better to download and install this one over the .img available for the advance on the .org website, as it appears to have amiberry and game n watch, two platforms that I really want.

What are the disadvantages of using the 214.img over the released 205.img?

Post Reply

Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests