BOM and V1 RELEASE:
- 4x Rods, M6x44.5 cm (Metal or Nylon)
- 4x M6 Nuts
- Optional 32x M3 HeatLok Brass Inserts from PSM International or similar.
- Optional 32x M3x5mm screws for Insert Version
- Optional 32x self tapping screws 5-6mm long (hole is 2.5mm wide)
- 8xH2 Caddy (either Inserts or Self tapping version) Version with inserts recommended, but requires brass inserts.
- 8xH2 Mount part (vanilla, pressfit or pressfit&tab version) recommended the one with tab.
- 1xEar Left
- 1xEar Right
- 8xH2 Boards
- 3U available in a rack (small depth/network rack is OK)
- (To Be Researched) PSU
Pending and Issues
- I have not tested the SelfTapping screws version of the caddy
- The distributed PSU is not rack friendly.
Feedback for H2 Design
For the particular use case of using the H2 as a rack blade, the following issues have been found:
- The audio connectors are too tall should stay within limits of other connectors.
- The positioning of the power/reset switches is inconvenient, would be better to have them from the front or the caddy.
- The positioning of the leds is also inconvenient