Odroid N2 Booting Issues

zanlation
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Odroid N2 Booting Issues

Unread post by zanlation » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:42 pm

I started having issues with my Odroid N2 today. I unplugged it to move to another screen and when I booted it I got the Coreelec boot screen duplicated (with striped effect) than a blank screen. I unplugged and plugged the power back to the N2 and I got nothing, no blue power lights. I tired a different 12V power supply with the same result. Eventually, I got the N2 to boot with a blue light, but nothing appears through the HDMI. The power has become hit and miss. I moved it back to the original TV and same result.

I am using an emmc, so I decided to switch to a sdcard with a new coreelec installed. If I unplug the emmc and use the sd card I don't get any blue lights - no power. If I plug the emmc back in, I sometimes get power, but no output from the HDMI. The blue light flashes 110110110 etc.

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Re: Odroid N2 Booting Issues

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:45 pm

zanlation wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:42 pm
I started having issues with my Odroid N2 today. I unplugged it to move to another screen and when I booted it I got the Coreelec boot screen duplicated (with striped effect) than a blank screen. I unplugged and plugged the power back to the N2 and I got nothing, no blue power lights. I tired a different 12V power supply with the same result. Eventually, I got the N2 to boot with a blue light, but nothing appears through the HDMI. The power has become hit and miss. I moved it back to the original TV and same result.

I am using an emmc, so I decided to switch to a sdcard with a new coreelec installed. If I unplug the emmc and use the sd card I don't get any blue lights - no power. If I plug the emmc back in, I sometimes get power, but no output from the HDMI. The blue light flashes 110110110 etc.
Can you measure the voltage at GPIO Pin #1 and #2? What PSU do you use?

zanlation

Unread post by zanlation » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:16 pm

I don't have a voltage meter to measure the pins. I use a 12V 2.5A MODEL KSAS0251200250HA PSU. Its been working well for the past few months, until today.

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:27 pm

zanlation wrote:I don't have a voltage meter to measure the pins. I use a 12V 2.5A MODEL KSAS0251200250HA PSU. Its been working well for the past few months, until today.
Can you try to remove all memory card and boot from SPI to see if you can have Petitboot screen?

"Tapatalk wishes you to have fun with ODROID"

zanlation

Unread post by zanlation » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I removed all the memory cards, switched to SPI and i still dont see any boot screen. Same flashing light pattern.

Return to “Issues”