Spontaneous reboots

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 93 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by voodik » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 am

People who have a tame or free storage, can you test is the same situation with Lineage-17.0 ?
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

saaas78
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:04 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by saaas78 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:56 am

voodik wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 am
People who have a tame or free storage, can you test is the same situation with Lineage-17.0 ?
I downloaded this version Lineage-17.0 but to no avail the machine did reboot several times the same problem on the previous version!

mr1173
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:35 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: C1+/C2x2/N2
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by mr1173 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:12 am

I also have the same experience ;) Reboots while using g-maps.
Android PIE64 (20190927 / 20191018)
It is kind of sad, cause I use N2 in my car Car-Droid setup and g-maps is the main app I use.

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Same here, still experiencing random reboots almost daily at this stage - here's all of the apps I've noticed it in...

Is there any specific information (logs) that we can provide to help?

Youtube
Youtube vanced
Kodi
amazon prime
iptv smarters pro
other iptv apps

User avatar
codewalker
Posts: 786
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by codewalker » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:21 pm

If anyone here is using a USB hub, could you remove the USB hub or reduce the number of USB device?

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:09 am

Still having the same problem with all usb devices removed.

saaas78
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:04 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by saaas78 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

Even after the last update Android PIE 64bit (201901025) was restarted (error still exists)

Jumbo
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:32 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by Jumbo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:54 am

i have problems too, when i use IPTV app. sometimes it freezes and reboot.

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:22 am

Have updated to the latest Android 32bit (20191028) - problem persists.

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:09 pm

Problem persists on Android Pie (20191121) - this should really be added to the list of known issues.

Holding off buying in another 4 of these devices because of this..

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:40 pm

jackeen wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:09 pm
Problem persists on Android Pie (20191121) - this should really be added to the list of known issues.

Holding off buying in another 4 of these devices because of this..
For sure, obviously this issue is in the top priority to resolve. The problem is that the issue does not come easily and shortly, not easy to find out the root cause.

benwillcox
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:34 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1+
C2
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by benwillcox » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:23 pm

It's a strange problem, because although I started this thread months ago suffering from the problem, I've not had this happen for many weeks.
I have no idea what has changed that means this no longer happens, it's still the same N2.

Ben

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:27 pm

If i can help in anyway let me know. I'm experiencing this problem daily. At its worst at least half a dozen times in one day with various applications.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm

jackeen wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:27 pm
If i can help in anyway let me know. I'm experiencing this problem daily. At its worst at least half a dozen times in one day with various applications.
You list the apps you are running on your N2 in the previous post, can you specify when the crash happens with which app is running? Do you think the crash happens even though any application is launched by you? Something suspicious thing in our test case is Youtube that it randomly crashes. Do you have USB-to-serial board? If so, can you please grab the kernel log from PC till N2 crashes? Obviously, it's ok if you don't have it.

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:02 am

The two apps that i notice the problems regularly are Kodi and an app called Moreiptv
i've moved away from using Youtube - have replaced it with Smart YouTube TV seems to be more stable but don't use it often enough to say for definite if its more stable than youtube but i suspect so.


I've only ever noticed the problem happen when using apps and particularly when playing media (streaming)

I dont have a USB-to-serial board but might pick one up if it helps alternatively i could setup a ssh server on android and see if i can grab the logs that way...

mrhash
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by mrhash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:12 am

There are known USB issues viewtopic.php?f=181&t=36681 which may be related.

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:31 am

mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:12 am
There are known USB issues viewtopic.php?f=181&t=36681 which may be related.
I've tried to rule out the above by not using any USB devices but the problems still persisted.
My only use of USB now for a receiver for the Rii i25 remote.

mrhash
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by mrhash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:33 am

Aside from that setting mem=3800m in bootargs got me past alot of reboot problems but since i switched to armbian i'm not sure if that is still relevant, but i kept the setting anyway. my system is somewhat stable now.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:12 am

mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:33 am
Aside from that setting mem=3800m in bootargs got me past alot of reboot problems but since i switched to armbian i'm not sure if that is still relevant, but i kept the setting anyway. my system is somewhat stable now.
Do you see the difference in memory size when you run Armbian compare to the previous OS which you encountered reboot issue? Can you let me know why and how you had set 'mem=3800m' in the bootargs?

mrhash
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:15 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by mrhash » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am

Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
These users thanked the author mrhash for the post (total 2):
jackeen (Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:47 am) • tobetter (Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 am)

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 am

mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am
Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks for that, i've added it in lets see where it takes us..

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 am

mrhash wrote:Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks, actually 3800M is the size 40M less than default memory size and the rest 256MB is allocated for internal use if my understanding is correct. That's what I am suspecting that the crashing happens in SoC itself rather than kernel. Let me set up the test devices with 3800M default memory size.

"Tapatalk wishes you to have fun with ODROID"


kafan1986
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by kafan1986 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:25 pm

jackeen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 am
mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am
Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks for that, i've added it in lets see where it takes us..
Any update? Was the setting able to prevent the reboots?

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 32677
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 364 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by odroid » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:55 pm

We are trying to find a root cause.
viewtopic.php?f=178&t=36897&p=273321#p273070

robdroid
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by robdroid » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:19 am

Maybe this will help finding a root cause: viewtopic.php?f=178&t=36849

Likely similar issue to us, 23 kernel panics in the last week.

marco
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:04 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4, N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by marco » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Hello, just passing by and to give a quick follow up from a newbie, since i updated with thee Lineage O.S 16.0 v0.8 of voodik i've experienced much less reboots. In facts i would say maybe less than ten. No more crashes during streaming or watching videos, just sometimes with wifi overuse (like using at the same time torrent + internet navigation).
Hope this can help some people who are in the same situation.

rasto001
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by rasto001 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:58 am

Hello, there are few threads about same topic - spontaneous reboots, here on N2 Android forum. Before, I had the same problem, at least one restart per day. Last week I've tried to disconnect my wireless mouse (Logitech Marathon Mouse M720) Unifying receiver and from that moment I didn't notice spontaneous reboot. I'm using N2 for IPTV watching for few hours a day, so it's not enough time to say this is the solution but maybe it will help somebody...

Jumbo
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:32 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid-N2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by Jumbo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:42 am

i had 5 to 10 spontaneous reboots during watch video apps. after i plug off 2 usb game controllers i had only like 1 sec freeze sometimes but not reboot whole day.

kafan1986
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:05 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by kafan1986 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:45 am

I am facing from "Shutdown" not "restart", just plain shutdown within 30 min to 1 hour. I keep my N2 running with latest Android 64 bit 20191121 image. Keep it on desktop and disconnect any display and just a mouse is connected. Sleep time is not set, so global settings show it to be 3600000. Screensaver is disabled to "Never". Still the system just shutdown itself. I want to keep the Odroid N2 running 24x7. Any idea? Is the "Spontaneous reboot" problem is same as my problem? I am not sure, as it happens to me within an hour. I am pasting the adb logs captured during such an event.

Additional settings used:
setenv suspend_hdmiphy "0"
persist.sys.hdmi.keep_awake=true

Using official Odroid N2 power adapter and Odroid N2 is 4GB version.


[pastebin]https://pastebin.com/DaQZrXAj[/pastebin]

UPDATE: Looks like it simple android sleep. Given I am planning to use an app in the foreground while the odroid n2 keeps running. Simple programmatic changes in the app can prevent the sleep while the app is running. There should be existing solution on app store which create background android service which can do the same of providing power management wake lock.

rasto001
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by rasto001 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:42 pm

I was facing the same problem. It is not shutdown but sleep mode. Even if you have "Sleep time is not set", it goes to sleep after 1 hour. There is no option NEVER. You could set sleep time to 30min but you must set "Stay awake" in Developer option (now I'm far away from my N2 so I couldn't check exact path to this option). It helped me to listen music for hours without go to sleep (seems like shutdown with LED blinking :))

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:16 am

kafan1986 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:25 pm
jackeen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 am
mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am
Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks for that, i've added it in lets see where it takes us..
Any update? Was the setting able to prevent the reboots?
No joy i'm afraid with the mem=3800m or mem=3800M setting in the 'setenv bootargs' - reboots persist (but possibly less frequent)

Test were also carried out without any usb devices connected.

Where to next?

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:18 am

kafan1986 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:25 pm
jackeen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 am
mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am
Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks for that, i've added it in lets see where it takes us..
Any update? Was the setting able to prevent the reboots?
No joy i'm afraid with the mem=3800m or mem=3800M setting in the 'setenv bootargs' - reboots persist (but possibly less frequent)

Tests were also carried out without any usb devices connected.

Where to next?

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 am

jackeen wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:18 am
kafan1986 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:25 pm
jackeen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 am
mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am
Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks for that, i've added it in lets see where it takes us..
Any update? Was the setting able to prevent the reboots?
No joy i'm afraid with the mem=3800m or mem=3800M setting in the 'setenv bootargs' - reboots persist (but possibly less frequent)

Tests were also carried out without any usb devices connected.

Where to next?
Do you test while playing a video or a game or something else? Could you let me know how you perform the testing? Like, what video contents are playing and which app you are running.

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 am

tobetter wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 am
jackeen wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:18 am
kafan1986 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:25 pm
jackeen wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 am
mrhash wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:52 am
Well i didn't miss any memory but then i'm not maxing it out. This was where that hack was mentioned viewtopic.php?f=177&t=36093#p265807 and it's done by adding this value to the end of the line starting 'setenv bootargs' in /media/boot/boot.ini or /boot/boot.ini depending on which OS you're running. I haven't tried the Android image.
Thanks for that, i've added it in lets see where it takes us..
Any update? Was the setting able to prevent the reboots?
No joy i'm afraid with the mem=3800m or mem=3800M setting in the 'setenv bootargs' - reboots persist (but possibly less frequent)

Tests were also carried out without any usb devices connected.

Where to next?
Do you test while playing a video or a game or something else? Could you let me know how you perform the testing? Like, what video contents are playing and which app you are running.
For me all of my problems have been experienced playing video streams youtube, kodi and various iptv applications.

I'd say 90% of the time its through an IPTV streaming app called moreiptv it basically just plays live iptv video streams its been fairly consistent with reproducing the reboots.

User avatar
secuflag
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 am
languages_spoken: English, Italian
ODROIDs: Odroid-N2
Location: Switzerland
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by secuflag » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Here some more logs, all reboots happened while watching H264 videos on YT.

Reboot 1: Reboot 2: Reboot 3:
These users thanked the author secuflag for the post:
milesian (Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:29 am)
If you like my work feel free to contribute to buy me some beers. ;)

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm

Please let me update you all that new Android version is uploaded, this release includes the fix to mitigate the reboot issue and have been tested with Youtube, Kodi and other video playing sources that we can test.

32 bit Android release note
64 bit Android release note
These users thanked the author tobetter for the post (total 2):
jackeen (Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:11 pm) • voodik (Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:47 pm)

jackeen
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid N2
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by jackeen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 pm

tobetter wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:33 pm
Please let me update you all that new Android version is uploaded, this release includes the fix to mitigate the reboot issue and have been tested with Youtube, Kodi and other video playing sources that we can test.

32 bit Android release note
64 bit Android release note
Great work, i'll try it out later on.

rasto001
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by rasto001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am

I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(

rasto001
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by rasto001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm

rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am
I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(
Yes, finally I had to do fresh new installation of 64-bit Android version (from last image) because after update attempt my N2 "died"..

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:11 pm

rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am
I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(
Yes, finally I had to do fresh new installation of 64-bit Android version (from last image) because after update attempt my N2 "died"..
Sorry about that, the update package seems to have an issue with the previous version.
I hope your ODROID-N2 does not crash with the new version.

rasto001
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by rasto001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:11 pm

tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:11 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am
I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(
Yes, finally I had to do fresh new installation of 64-bit Android version (from last image) because after update attempt my N2 "died"..
Sorry about that, the update package seems to have an issue with the previous version.
I hope your ODROID-N2 does not crash with the new version.
It seems OK up to now. It took little bit of time to rebuild whole installation but hope for rebootless functionality ;)
Isn't it possible to remove search bar from home screen? (I didn't find answer for this question somewhere else in this forum)

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 pm

rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:11 pm
tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:11 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am
I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(
Yes, finally I had to do fresh new installation of 64-bit Android version (from last image) because after update attempt my N2 "died"..
Sorry about that, the update package seems to have an issue with the previous version.
I hope your ODROID-N2 does not crash with the new version.
It seems OK up to now. It took little bit of time to rebuild whole installation but hope for rebootless functionality ;)
Isn't it possible to remove search bar from home screen? (I didn't find answer for this question somewhere else in this forum)
Thank you, please keep letting us know how it goes. :)
The search bar is a built-in component of the launcher, AFAIK, you should install 3rd party launcher instead of stock one.

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:02 am

FYI, Android release 20191204 is dropped due to a faulty update package but fixed version 20191205 is uploaded.

32 bit Android release note
64 bit Android release note

rasto001
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:41 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by rasto001 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:56 am

tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:11 pm
tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:11 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am
I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(
Yes, finally I had to do fresh new installation of 64-bit Android version (from last image) because after update attempt my N2 "died"..
Sorry about that, the update package seems to have an issue with the previous version.
I hope your ODROID-N2 does not crash with the new version.
It seems OK up to now. It took little bit of time to rebuild whole installation but hope for rebootless functionality ;)
Isn't it possible to remove search bar from home screen? (I didn't find answer for this question somewhere else in this forum)
Thank you, please keep letting us know how it goes. :)
The search bar is a built-in component of the launcher, AFAIK, you should install 3rd party launcher instead of stock one.
OK. Hope, that there won't be problem with next update in the future with my fresh new installation (release from yesterday). Or you think that it would be better to reinstall today's version of img file?

User avatar
tobetter
Posts: 4260
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1
Location: Paju, South Korea
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 234 times
Contact:

Re: Spontaneous reboots

Unread post by tobetter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:51 am

rasto001 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:56 am
tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:11 pm
tobetter wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:11 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm
rasto001 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 am
I've just tried 64-bit update. After that, during reboot i got hardkernel logo and then black screen with blue LED blinking. Now, I'm downloading new image file, Hope for better result :(
Yes, finally I had to do fresh new installation of 64-bit Android version (from last image) because after update attempt my N2 "died"..
Sorry about that, the update package seems to have an issue with the previous version.
I hope your ODROID-N2 does not crash with the new version.
It seems OK up to now. It took little bit of time to rebuild whole installation but hope for rebootless functionality ;)
Isn't it possible to remove search bar from home screen? (I didn't find answer for this question somewhere else in this forum)
Thank you, please keep letting us know how it goes. :)
The search bar is a built-in component of the launcher, AFAIK, you should install 3rd party launcher instead of stock one.
OK. Hope, that there won't be problem with next update in the future with my fresh new installation (release from yesterday). Or you think that it would be better to reinstall today's version of img file?
I don't think you have to reinstall the new version since the new version only changes the module for package updates. Just note than if the update happens next time, your ODROID-N2 will get into the recovery mode twice - the first time to fix up the faulty update module and the second time is to proceed new version update with the correct update package.

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest