OMV: Installed Flashmemory plugin, now how to go back to normal working condition? PLEASE ADVISE

mcmanuf
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: HC1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OMV: Installed Flashmemory plugin, now how to go back to normal working condition? PLEASE ADVISE

Unread post by mcmanuf » Mon May 06, 2019 4:48 am

Hi.

I have had a great running OMV on my odroid HC1, for more than a year.
I stupidly panicked today, when I read on OMV forum, you had to install the flashmemory plugin, and immediately installed it to not experience tear on my sd card.

However I quickly remembered it is already preinstalled by OMV image for odroid, it is just not shown in the OMV GUI, which by the way is really confusing.

Now when i type in "df -h" in cmd prompt I get many lines of information I dont need, related to zram etc. And i dont know is I now actually somehow f... my installation, as all this is related to SD is "in the background".

So what are my options now, as I would really not like to reinstall OMV and start all over again...

1) uninstall flashmemory plugin
- Will everything go back to normal?
- Or will an uninstall actually now make that the writing starts happening on the SD card? As this uninstall will also remove the factory settings form the image file?

2) leave everthing as it is?
- Will this installation of the flashmemory plugin somehow interfere to how the default setup from the image was?
- Is it just the df-h which is now somehow affected?

PLease advise on how to move forward?

joshua.yang
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: XU4, XU4Q + Cloudshell2, H2, N2

Re: OMV: Installed Flashmemory plugin, now how to go back to normal working condition? PLEASE ADVISE

Unread post by joshua.yang » Tue May 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi.

Sorry for late reply.

As you know, it looks like plugin conflict. In generally, I could tell you it would not be a problem to further use if you haven't faced any issues so far, but it surely has potential risk.
So, since we're not that familiar with OMV system, I think you should go to OMV forum (https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/BoardList/) to get detailed troubleshoot helps.

Return to “Other OS”