Bald Nerd Debian Buster Build Base Images (N2/XU4/C2)

BaldNerd
languages_spoken: English, PHP, Klingon
ODROIDs: XU4Q, CloudShell2
Has thanked: 0

Bald Nerd Debian Buster Build Base Images (N2/XU4/C2)

Unread post by BaldNerd » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:26 pm

Hi all,
My Debian Buster (Debian 10) build bases have been released for ODROID-N2, ODROID-XU4 (XU3/HC1/HC2) and ODROID-C2.

They are based on / powered by Meveric's work. I encourage you to follow the PayPal link to send a tip his way for everything he does for the community.

Essentially my build bases are just a quick way to get up and running with Debian Buster on a number of SBC's. See, I already create these base images as a starting point for NEMS Linux, so I thought the community might benefit from them too.

My base images could be considered vanilla server images. Great for building projects upon. They're not super polished yet: be sure to read the notes for each one in case there is something like no automated filesystem resizing.

BASE IMAGES ARE VANILLA DEBIAN BUSTER SERVER IMAGES - No GUI, no graphics, just a Debian Buster base to build your project on. If you are not a developer, my base images are probably not for you, unless you are following a tutorial that uses them.

I used my ODROID-XU4 base image for the ODROID-HC1 BitTorrent Seed Server tutorial in April's issue of ODROID Magazine.

All my base images are available for download via BitTorrent on my blog: https://baldnerd.com/sbc-build-base/

If they prove useful to you, please let me know. Also be sure to keep an eye on the page for any updates -- which is why I included the date of release in the filenames. I have written a decent auto-resize script that I'll be adding to all of the boards, trying to make the base image as close as possible on every board I release it for.

Default username and password: baldnerd

Cheers!
Robbie // The Bald Nerd
Robbie Ferguson // The Bald Nerd
Category5 TV Network - Category5.TV
NEMS Nagios Enterprise Monitoring Server - nemslinux.com

Return to “General Topics”