wizzel
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Go
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello from Germany!

Unread post by wizzel » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 am

Hi there @ ODROID Forums,
coming from "West" Germany :lol: i have a bit of a background in using Emulators since the very first MAME-Version.

I own a GPD XD+ and a Raspberry Pi 3 in a NES-Case with the current recalbox. On the PC i manage multiple instances of LaunchBox (DOS, Arcade, Console, ScummVM).
Have been searching for years to find a decent Game Boy Color Clone and found it in... the ODROID-Go!

In early years you could only buy a Game Boy Color and add an Everdrive GB to it, but then you had batteries and no backlight.

Me thinks, the guys @Hardkernel should have added a headphone jack (the only thing that i'm missing).
I know that someone made an Adapter-Board for the GPIO, but it's always sold out. Maybe they could insert this little thing into their shop some day...
or even better revise the Hardware and bring us the Go 2 with stereo speakers, a headphone-jack and a even more powerful battery.

The Forums helped me a lot in terms of where to put what files onto the sd-card and all these nice udated Firmwares/Projects people are posting here.
A big Thank YOU goes out to all these people.

A warm hug flies over to ETA Prime and Kamots Talks Tech on YouTube who delivered the insights for assembling this tiny little monster and keeping me updated on what's possible with the Go. ;)

I'll keep an eye on everything that (hopefully) will come to the ODROID-Go in the future here!

Thanks for reading! 8-)

rooted
languages_spoken: english

Re: Hello from Germany!

Unread post by rooted » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:23 am

Welcome to the forum wizzel. You can use an inexpensive pcm5102 DSP for headphones ;)

See this:

viewtopic.php?p=231211

wizzel
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Go
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello from Germany!

Unread post by wizzel » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:24 am

Nice alternative(s) there. Thanks for the Info, but for me it's too clumpsy. The one that goes along with the topside is the only one that makes sense - it's so sleek.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”