OGST question on emmc

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian
Post Reply
kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Hey just got my odroid xu4 today finally, i plugged my emmc into my pc and I have a H drive that is boot and has files on it and i have an I drive that needs formatting. Im watching a video on youtube about installing OGST and he says format it with sd formatter. Is it ok to format and erase the boot portion of the emmc?

User avatar
meveric
Posts: 9612
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by meveric » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm

You don't really need to format it, it will work without.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:20 pm

meveric wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm
You don't really need to format it, it will work without.
im confused how to load the OGST image on then

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6106
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by rooted » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm

kasek wrote:
meveric wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm
You don't really need to format it, it will work without.
im confused how to load the OGST image on then
Just flash the image, it doesn't have to be formatted first.

kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:12 pm

rooted wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm
kasek wrote:
meveric wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:15 pm
You don't really need to format it, it will work without.
im confused how to load the OGST image on then
Just flash the image, it doesn't have to be formatted first.
ok thanks think i got it using etcher

kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm

how do i reconfigure my controller. I plugged in a ps3 controller and messed up my button layout and i dont no what i hit for start to get to the menu... how do i reset the config
edit: also wondering how to set up wifi and bluetooth, right now im using ethernet and wired ps3 but would like to set up the wireless options

User avatar
meveric
Posts: 9612
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by meveric » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 pm

kasek wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm
how do i reconfigure my controller. I plugged in a ps3 controller and messed up my button layout and i dont no what i hit for start to get to the menu... how do i reset the config
Since I don't know what you changed, I can't say how to reset it.
kasek wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm
edit: also wondering how to set up wifi and bluetooth, right now im using ethernet and wired ps3 but would like to set up the wireless options
If a supported WiFi adapter is plugged into the system you can select the WiFi network by clicking on the network symbol in the upper right corner.
For PS3 controller you can install sixad or sixad-gasia (for PS3 clones) this allows you to use wireless mode, as it will pair your controller with your bluetooth adapter (if adapter is connected and supported).
Please note: PS3 controller will block said bluetooth adapter and it won't work for other bluetooth related tasks.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm

meveric wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 pm
kasek wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm
how do i reconfigure my controller. I plugged in a ps3 controller and messed up my button layout and i dont no what i hit for start to get to the menu... how do i reset the config
Since I don't know what you changed, I can't say how to reset it.

I plugged in the controller with usb cable and thenit said map out your buttons i started to and i had the controller on my lap, i dropped it and it closed the window but some of my buttons werent right when the controller hit the floor and i dont no how to get back to that configuration option.
kasek wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm
edit: also wondering how to set up wifi and bluetooth, right now im using ethernet and wired ps3 but would like to set up the wireless options
If a supported WiFi adapter is plugged into the system you can select the WiFi network by clicking on the network symbol in the upper right corner.
For PS3 controller you can install sixad or sixad-gasia (for PS3 clones) this allows you to use wireless mode, as it will pair your controller with your bluetooth adapter (if adapter is connected and supported).
Please note: PS3 controller will block said bluetooth adapter and it won't work for other bluetooth related tasks.
ill try the wifi option when i get home, i will install sixad when i get home as well. Im confused what you mean by controller will block the adapter and wont work for other bluetooth tasks. does that mean if i pair it with the odroid i cant use it on my ps3 anymore?

User avatar
meveric
Posts: 9612
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 am

kasek wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm
Im confused what you mean by controller will block the adapter and wont work for other bluetooth tasks. does that mean if i pair it with the odroid i cant use it on my ps3 anymore?
It means you can't use the bluetooth adapter for OTHER tasks.
If you pair the PS3 controller with the Bluetooth adapter on the ODROID, you can not use other Bluetooth devices with the same adapter, like for example a keyboard, or a bluetooth speaker.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:56 am

meveric wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:18 am
kasek wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm
Im confused what you mean by controller will block the adapter and wont work for other bluetooth tasks. does that mean if i pair it with the odroid i cant use it on my ps3 anymore?
It means you can't use the bluetooth adapter for OTHER tasks.
If you pair the PS3 controller with the Bluetooth adapter on the ODROID, you can not use other Bluetooth devices with the same adapter, like for example a keyboard, or a bluetooth speaker.
So does that mean I would need 2 adapters to use 2 controllers? Also any idea how to reset the configuration, asked on a discoed and the answer I got was use Odroid arena but I like OGST

User avatar
meveric
Posts: 9612
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by meveric » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 am

kasek wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:56 am
So does that mean I would need 2 adapters to use 2 controllers?
Yes sadly that seems to be the case, although I'm not even sure 2 PS3 controllers are working with two adapters right away.
I've never tried the setup and you might have to "pair" them each by themselves first.
Plugin first PS3 controller + first bluetooth adapter, then unplug both and do the same with the second adapter and controller.
Then unplug the second PS3 controller and plug back in the first bluetooth adapter.
But as I said, I've never tried this and I don't know if this is working.
I use XBox 360 controller for this, the "PC Adapter" uses it's own protocol (not bluetooth) and one adapter supports up to 4 controllers.
kasek wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:56 am
Also any idea how to reset the configuration, asked on a discoed and the answer I got was use Odroid arena but I like OGST
Reset what configuration?
ORA is good for beginners, it's a console like experience, if you're only interested in playing console games it's a good image and mostly easy to use for beginners.
OGST is a more "general" image, and although it has a big focus on retro gaming as well, it can do more and has additional software available that does not exist for ORA, but for that is not as easy to configure/use.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

kasek
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:52 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: xu4
Contact:

Re: OGST question on emmc

Unread post by kasek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:29 am

Alright thanks, might just skip the Bluetooth controllers then and use my 360 ones. I have a pc adapter I made from an old front module and USB cable I’ll look more into Ora mainly wanted it for retro games and kodi, I did like having the internet browser and that as well just in case will look into it a bit more thanks for the input

Post Reply

Return to “OGST-XU4”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests