Memory Expansion on a ODROID-C0

Carter_Rogers
languages_spoken: english

Memory Expansion on a ODROID-C0

Unread post by Carter_Rogers » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 am

I'm currently a student enrolled at a Technology Center in the United States. My question is regarding an ODROID-C0 and it's memory. The board itself has 2x512MB ddr3 ram chips and I was wondering if it'd be possible to expand that memory by soldering wires to the connection pins in the memory chip slots and creating a custom board designed for holding memory. Would it overload the bus on the board or interfere with the CPU? Any links regarding schematics and data flow on this board would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Re: Memory Expansion on a ODROID-C0

Unread post by tobetter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 am

Carter_Rogers wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 am
I'm currently a student enrolled at a Technology Center in the United States. My question is regarding an ODROID-C0 and it's memory. The board itself has 2x512MB ddr3 ram chips and I was wondering if it'd be possible to expand that memory by soldering wires to the connection pins in the memory chip slots and creating a custom board designed for holding memory. Would it overload the bus on the board or interfere with the CPU? Any links regarding schematics and data flow on this board would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
What's the memory type you like to expand? I strongly doubt that the memory soldered with wire can work on the board, instead, you would think to try to replace the chips with larger one even that's not that simple. You can refer the schematic for C1/C1+.

Carter_Rogers
languages_spoken: english

Re: Memory Expansion on a ODROID-C0

Unread post by Carter_Rogers » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 am

tobetter wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:49 am
Carter_Rogers wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:40 am
What's the memory type you like to expand? I strongly doubt that the memory soldered with wire can work on the board, instead, you would think to try to replace the chips with larger one even that's not that simple. You can refer the schematic for C1/C1+.
I'm looking to expand the actual chip with a custom board. The ddr3 to a custom board via wires on the connectors to allow multiple ddr3 chips.

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”