Trick an app into thinking wifi is connected ?

Leroy08
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: HC2, XU4

Trick an app into thinking wifi is connected ?

Unread post by Leroy08 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:46 am

I'm running the Lineage 7.1 Android on my XU4 with very good results. However, I've run into a problem with two different internet radio apps that don't work because they don't see a wifi connection (even though ethernet is connected). Most notably, Tune-In radio is one of the apps (Audials app works fine).

Is there a way to make such an app know there is an internet connection, or fool it into "thinking" the connection is from wifi? I've done several searches and found nothing that addresses this issue.

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Re: Trick an app into thinking wifi is connected ?

Unread post by mad_ady » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:03 am

There's an xposed module called fake wifi that could do it, but not sure if it still works on your android version. Last used it on C2 on Android 5.x

Leroy08

Unread post by Leroy08 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:26 pm

Interesting, thanks. I'm not real crazy about xposed, but it would be worth trying, I guess.

Leroy08

Unread post by Leroy08 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:21 am

I installed xposed frameworkd v89, sdk25 successfully and installed the fake wifi module. It took a little messing around, but I was able to get tunein radio to run (and think it had a wifi connection), as well as another app. There was one thing in fake wifi that had to be set, and that was the MAC address for the xu4 - use the one shown under system settings, then just enable the module for the apps you want to fake out (tunein for instance).

I followed the procedure someone posted on these forums for installing the framework, using the correct build and sdk for the android version I'm running on the xu4 (in my case it's Lineage 14.1 / Android 7.1). Hopefully this can help anyone in the future with the same problem.

BTW: I was fooling around with Prime OS on an old PC and in the settings they have a selection to make apps think wifi is connected.

Luke.go

Unread post by Luke.go » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 am

@Leroy08, Nice works! the xposed has many features. :)

Return to “Android”