ODROID N2 Discussion Thread

tkaiser
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1+, C2, XU4, HC1

Re: ODROID N2 Discussion Thread

Unread post by tkaiser » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm

brad wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm
The S905X2 SOC on the other hand is not legacy and being actively developed against Linus kernel. (Amlogic contributing with patches as well for new devices which is really good to see imo)
Interesting. I thought Amlogic is only active on their own 4.9 based BSP while everything that happens upstream is due to BayLibre (partially sponsored by Amlogic in the beginning, now mainly by Libre Computer) and heroes like e.g. Martin Blumenstingl: http://lca-kernel.ozlabs.org/2018-Armst ... c-SoCs.pdf

brad
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 N1

Unread post by brad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm

tkaiser wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm
Interesting. I thought Amlogic is only active on their own 4.9 based BSP while everything that happens upstream is due to BayLibre (partially sponsored by Amlogic in the beginning, now mainly by Libre Computer) and heroes like e.g. Martin Blumenstingl: http://lca-kernel.ozlabs.org/2018-Armst ... c-SoCs.pdf
Yes they are the true heros amongst some others! :) Love their work and use it all the time.

Amlogic are contributing directly also which is the only point I was trying to make there. I think its good see them committing to the public domain.

nobe
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread post by nobe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

@brad

in the latest amlogic buildroot tarball, you can find the mali userspace blob for this dvalin gpu
when playing with objdump, i found out that it seems opencl capable but doesn't seem to have any gles capabilities

Return to “General Chat”