ODROID N2 Discussion Thread

elatllat
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, N1

Re: ODROID N2 Discussion Thread

Unread post by elatllat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 am

ASword wrote:... Don't expect that one number is going to tell you much useful information....
Unless that number is exactly what you want :) (like FPS on a game/settings, storage speed, time to compile the kernel/config, crypto/type speed, etc)
If one has the time for ones complex system to complete that is all one requires.
(or rate of a continuous complex system)
Last edited by elatllat on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASword
ODROIDs: XU4, HC1

Unread post by ASword » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:52 am

elatllat wrote:
ASword wrote:... Don't expect that one number is going to tell you much useful information....
Unless that number is exactly what you want :) (like FPS on a game/settings, storage speed, time to compile the kernel/config, crypto/type speed, etc)
Yeah, although typically even there a single number isn’t going to be enough to properly characterize a complex system. And that was more my point — if you’ve distilled your analysis down to a single numeric data point, it’s probably not worth much.

XeoSal
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2 & XU4

Unread post by XeoSal » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:27 pm

I will be waiting patiently for the N2, I am looking forward for something unique, I will be ordering one as soon as it's on sale. I really hope there's some room for further development which I would enjoy. Although, it seems that HK is very silent in the time being, any exciting news?

I would like to highlight that I have been using my two ODROID XU4 devices for very long years, one is acting as my home server which I access from everywhere through SSH to control my home network, and the other for some JAVA development for a game server. It's been fun and I couldn't find any reason yet to buy a new SBC product and it's indeed the best development board of all time, IMO. :)

FbS

Unread post by FbS » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Some news about the N2 would really be appreciated. We waited this summer, then to October, then...still no further news about the project.

Is it still going forward ? Frozen ? until when ? Cancelled ?
The NDA is still in force ? until when ?

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

FbS wrote:Some news about the N2 would really be appreciated. We waited this summer, then to October, then...still no further news about the project.

Is it still going forward ? Frozen ? until when ? Cancelled ?
The NDA is still in force ? until when ?
I think we will hear by the end of January.

tkaiser
ODROIDs: C1+, C2, XU4, HC1

Unread post by tkaiser » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 pm

FbS wrote:The NDA is still in force ?
Yep, it's the Christmas NDA (revealing any information about N2 now will seriously hurt XU4 sales within the next 2 weeks). :D

elatllat

Unread post by elatllat » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:41 pm

The turning point of when ARM SBCs offer more RAM than a phone was just pushed up to 10 GB https://www.oneplus.com/mclaren

mdrjr
Site Admin
languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Unread post by mdrjr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 pm

tkaiser wrote:
FbS wrote:The NDA is still in force ?
Yep, it's the Christmas NDA (revealing any information about N2 now will seriously hurt XU4 sales within the next 2 weeks). :D
Not really.
elatllat wrote:The turning point of when ARM SBCs offer more RAM than a phone was just pushed up to 10 GB https://www.oneplus.com/mclaren
That thing has 100$ worth of DRAM only... crazy..

tkaiser

Unread post by tkaiser » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:05 pm

elatllat wrote:The turning point of when ARM SBCs offer more RAM than a phone was just pushed up to 10 GB https://www.oneplus.com/mclaren
Based on Snapdragon 845 which maxes out at 8 GB according to SoC manufacturer: https://www.qualcomm.com/media/document ... -brief.pdf

ASword

Unread post by ASword » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:39 am

As long as SBCs are riding on the heels of the smartphone SoCs, it is unlikely that this will happen. Particularly since SBCs tend to live in the sub-$200 range while phones are often >$1000. SoC memory addressability tends to be tightly controlled because of the tight coupling to memory chips, so SBCs generally can't just add in extra memory unless the chip is designed for the server/desktop/laptop market... which isn't usually the case for ARM-based chips (historically anyhow).

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread post by meveric » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:15 am

My OnePlus One just died this week *sniff* But nope I'm not paying 700€ for a phone.
Funny though, people complain that SBCs like the XU4 are SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than an RPi, but are willing to pay up to $1000 for a stupid phone ;)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

elatllat

Unread post by elatllat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:19 am

meveric wrote:
My OnePlus One just died this week *sniff* But nope I'm not paying 700€ for a phone.
Funny though, people complain that SBCs like the XU4 are SO MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than an RPi, but are willing to pay up to $1000 for a stupid phone ;)
OnePlus 6 (not T or mclaren) is a good deal until they run out.

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread post by meveric » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 am

elatllat wrote:OnePlus 6 (not T or mclaren) is a good deal until they run out.
Not sure what you consider a good deal. There are phones that have very similar specs as the OnePlus 6 (same SoC/RAM/Display) and cost $100-200 less than the OnePlus 6.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

elatllat

Unread post by elatllat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:26 am

But as everyone here knows it's not just about price; software support is also important

back2future

Unread post by back2future » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Newer SoC's are more competitive considering desktop replacement performance for usual tasks. They will be in duty for more years, if their base system (32bit vs. 64bit) and main parts (e.g. memory) are sufficient for longterm. A N2 designed for 5-7years average utilization is hard for Hardkernel making a living from for all employees? Shorter utilization than components reliable average life expectancy is also (in general) not recommendable on a growing population planet with limited resources.
Love and Peace.

[ 3D Packaging with FOVEROS: N2 or H3, where's the difference? https://www.anandtech.com/show/13699/in ... brid-x86/6 ]
Last edited by back2future on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:57 pm

elatllat wrote:But as everyone here knows it's not just about price; software support is also important
Big words, but what do they mean?
Does it mean, every time you want to install a Software you ask OnePlus to do it for you?
Does it mean, whenever a software is not working as expected, you go to OnePlus and ask them to FIX it?

What do you consider "software support"?

If it's as simple as having latest Android version available, then let's just say if you buy a new phone you also have latest android version, mine has Android 9 and is not a OnePlus 6 ;)

elatllat

Unread post by elatllat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:10 pm

meveric wrote:...OnePlus..."software support"?...
Phone talk is sort of off topic (other than Odroid is only 1 of 2 SBC vendors with good software support)
And there are only 4 brands that bother to update old phones;
https://www.xda-developers.com/list-and ... e-support/
which is the only indicator of future good software support for currently new phones.

https://lineageos.org/
is nice and all but kernels tend to be old, and before they took down https://web.archive.org/web/20170517160 ... ageos.org/ the security was openly horrific.
So there are no easy/good alternatives to vendor support for good software.

I once owned a flagship Samsung (S3) and is was never anywhere close to up-to-date ever (basically EOL before they brought it to market) and vendor software was more buggy than lineageos (it is sill working though), so by "good software support" I mean, I do and will continue to only buy products from companies that demonstrate "good software support" by keeping new and older phones up to date; recent LTS kernel build (5 options) + recent Android security patch (4 options).
Last edited by elatllat on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:19 am

elatllat wrote:There are only 4 brands that bother to update old phones;
https://www.xda-developers.com/list-and ... e-support/
Sorry I don't get this. Now suddenly we talk about "old phones"?
The OnePlus 6 is not even listed on their, but also it states:
This list will be continuously updated as we learn of new devices updated, both officially and unofficially, with Treble support. This list will not cover every single device that supports Treble—that would make this list too long since Google requires every Certified Android device launching with Android 8.0 Oreo and above to support Treble.
Which means, every phone coming with Androud 8.0 or higher should support this by default.
So I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
elatllat wrote: https://lineageos.org/
is nice and all but kernels tend to be old and they took down https://cve.lineageos.org/
and what has lineage to do with that all? O_o

You're talking about Phones not having software support, and then point out software projects, that are either not even related to any specific vendor, or are required by Google policy by default.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say nor what this has to do with (vendor) software support.

elatllat

Unread post by elatllat » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Code: Select all

mount: /media/16TB: mount(2) system call failed: File too large.
[ 3100.603367] EXT4-fs (dm-3): filesystem too large to mount safely on this system
...need 64 bit ARM USB3 SBC...

Gburas
languages_spoken: English, Polish
ODROIDs: Xu4

Unread post by Gburas » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:41 pm

it`s the end of the year, maybe some news about N2?

FbS

Unread post by FbS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Nope.

For now eight month, I keep checking if anything moves forward. Since then we had the odroid-go, and the H2, but it seems that delivering a powerful ARM platform (A7x 4gb) ...is not hardkernel priority at all. I could understand if they posted about difficulties, but this subject seems to deserve no interest at all. Even for shutting down this now useless branch of the forum.

mdrjr
Site Admin
languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Unread post by mdrjr » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:51 pm

FbS wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:41 pm
Nope.

For now eight month, I keep checking if anything moves forward. Since then we had the odroid-go, and the H2, but it seems that delivering a powerful ARM platform (A7x 4gb) ...is not hardkernel priority at all. I could understand if they posted about difficulties, but this subject seems to deserve no interest at all. Even for shutting down this now useless branch of the forum.
Your affirmation is wrong.

elatllat

Unread post by elatllat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:55 pm

Fbs, do it yourself if it's so easy lol.

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:34 pm

mdrjr wrote:
FbS wrote:
Nope.

Your affirmation is wrong.
Ready for the reveal ;)
elatllat wrote:Fbs, do it yourself if it's so easy lol.
They are just venting I think.

ASword

Unread post by ASword » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:25 am

Better to maintain an upbeat perspective, IMO. The longer we have to wait, the better the SoC is likely to be. ;)

YamashitaRen
languages_spoken: Français, English
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Unread post by YamashitaRen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:52 am

Or the more outdated it will be :mrgreen:

ASword

Unread post by ASword » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:21 am

I think we’ve already seen that hardkernel has the strength of character to cancel a product that isn’t going to find a good market, and an outdated SoC would certainly have a tough time even against their own XU4.

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1

Unread post by crashoverride » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm

It was previously stated by HK that the SoC is under NDA. This implies two things:
1) It can't be discussed while NDA is applicable.
2) Its not an outdated SoC.

kafan1986

Unread post by kafan1986 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 am

crashoverride wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm
It was previously stated by HK that the SoC is under NDA. This implies two things:
If I have to guess, the system would be based on Samsung SOC. Given both hardkernel and Samsung are SK based and Samsung recently has been investing a lot into it's SOC business. https://www.anandtech.com/show/13753/sa ... ent-system

ASword

Unread post by ASword » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 am

kafan1986 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 am
crashoverride wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm
If I have to guess, the system would be based on Samsung SOC. Given both hardkernel and Samsung are SK based and Samsung recently has been investing a lot into it's SOC business. https://www.anandtech.com/show/13753/sa ... ent-system
That automotive chip looks like a beast alright, but I wonder what it would cost? An N2 should have some headroom in terms of SoC cost, since right now it’s mostly RAM... but not a huge amount if HK wants it in the ballpark of $100-150. Still, that won’t be the only SoC up Samsung’s sleeve.

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am

I wouldn't mind an Exynos 8895.

nobe
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread post by nobe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:03 am

as far as i remember, it was stated the N2 soc would feature cortex A73 & native DDR4 support.
i'm not sure there exists a single exynos soc that fits with these spec.

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 am

nobe wrote:as far as i remember, it was stated the N2 soc would feature cortex A73 & native DDR4 support.
I don't think it will be Samsung powered anyway, that's what the X series is for ;)

brad
ODROIDs: C2 N1

Unread post by brad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:49 am

FbS wrote:
Since then we had the odroid-go, and the H2, but it seems that delivering a powerful ARM platform (A7x 4gb) ...is not hardkernel priority at all. I could understand if they posted about difficulties, but this subject seems to deserve no interest at all. Even for shutting down this now useless branch of the forum.
I don't think anybody is expecting hardkernel to be developing a 32bit CPU with 4Gb RAM (A7 x 4Gb). It would be difficult to make a 32bit CPU work with more than 2Gb RAM due to the address sizing. The new SOC will be 64 bit cores and I would expect will have at least 4Gb RAM.

Hardkernel have already mentioned that they would use the downtime for obtaining H2 processors from Intel to spend some time working on the N2. They have also mentioned the H2 processors from Intel will probably not be available until late Feb / March so this might give you an ideas of when to expect news.

Obviously as others have mentioned its part of a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) so to be expected you will not hear anything from hardkernel until its ready.

brad

Unread post by brad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am

rooted wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 am
nobe wrote:as far as i remember, it was stated the N2 soc would feature cortex A73 & native DDR4 support.
I don't think it will be Samsung powered anyway, that's what the X series is for ;)
Amlogic also released a new S905X2 last year which supports up to 4Gb DDR4, Mali G31 & USB3 but this looks like a nice future replacement for the next gen C series rather than the N2.
Last edited by brad on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 am

brad wrote:
rooted wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 am
Amlogic also released a new S905X2 last year which supports up to 4Gb DDR4, Mali G31 & USB3 but this looks like a nice future replacement for the next gen C series rather than the H2.
I agree, it would be a nice addition to the C series. Since still S905 it would be better as a C2+ vs being a C3.

You meant to say N2 instead of H2 ;)

brad

Unread post by brad » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:50 am

rooted wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 am
You meant to say N2 instead of H2 ;)
For some reason I mix up N & H all the time, they sort of look the same with their parallel lines and all, stupid brain ;)

cdu13a
ODROIDs: C1, C2, XU4, HC1

Unread post by cdu13a » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:34 pm

rooted wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:24 am
I agree, it would be a nice addition to the C series. Since still S905 it would be better as a C2+ vs being a C3.
While the S905X2/S905D2 has S905 in the name the chips are drastically different from the older S905 variants, and most likely only have the S905 naming due to marketing reasons and not technical ones. Any use of the S905X2 in the C series would probably be better off with a unique number to avoid confusing users.
brad wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:50 am
For some reason I mix up N & H all the time, they sort of look the same with their parallel lines and all, stupid brain ;)
I think most of our brains have that particular branch prediction / speculative execution bug. The important part is not having a meltdown when it happens. :)

nobe
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread post by nobe » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm

brad wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 am
Amlogic also released a new S905X2 last year which supports up to 4Gb DDR4, Mali G31 & USB3 but this looks like a nice future replacement for the next gen C series rather than the N2.
unfortunately, in cnx-software, another board maker reported that amlogic didn't get mali linux license on those s905x2 / s905y2 new soc :(

btw, it also seems the s905x2 have a pcie muxed with usb3, so one can use either one of those (maybe some ppl would rather use pcie2<whatever> instead of usb3)

couling

Unread post by couling » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 pm

I think the decision to even mention the N2 was made to keep those of us waiting for the N1 still interested. IMO mentioning it was a bit of a mistake. Putting a name on it made it feel like a thing, when in truth, it's not. It's the promise there will be a thing... hopefully... some time.

The NDA has lasted so long that it does make the N2 feel like vaporware. Even if nothing goes wrong and it does come out, many people are not used to waiting this long for product information or timelines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to call HK's bluff. I believe the N2 will exist, but I've now shifted from patiently waiting to a little irritated.

DarkBahamut

Unread post by DarkBahamut » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:42 am

I still hope an N2 is on the way. Whatever chip it ends up using will still be interesting to see and play with of course ;)
rooted wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am
I wouldn't mind an Exynos 8895.
Neither would I, haha. Speaking of which I recently picked up a new Exynos 9810 based phone. These ultra wide arm cores are pure monsters when you let them run. Will quite handily beat my Intel core based tablet.

Now if that showed up in an XU5... :o

back2future

Unread post by back2future » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:29 pm

[ top ARM next server level
Huawei Kunpeng, 64core armv8/2.6Ghz/7nm, 8x DDR4-2933, interconnection @640Gbps
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page= ... unpeng-920 ]

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Qualcom has his new Snapdragon 8cx series of SoCs which are planed to rival standard Intel and AMD processors, especially in the Laptop market.
https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2018/ ... ragon-ever

Some predict, that ARM will slowly replace x86 based processors, especially in fields like laptops, and probably some servers in the next couple of years, due to similar performance by reduced energy costs.

N30dG
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C2

Unread post by N30dG » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Maybe we are getting a Odroid C3 based on the new S905 X2/Y2 and a XC3 or C3+ based on the 922, instead of a N2?

tkaiser

Unread post by tkaiser » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:20 pm

N30dG wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Maybe we are getting a Odroid C3 based on the new S905 X2/Y2 and a XC3 or C3+ based on the 922, instead of a N2?
https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/10/21 ... ent-556949 -- I would check the comments around to get an idea what to expect. Has anything changed in the meantime or is the 'official' support for C1 and C2 still at kernel 3.10 and 3.14?

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

tkaiser wrote:
N30dG wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm
https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/10/21 ... ent-556949 -- I would check the comments around to get an idea what to expect. Has anything changed in the meantime or is the 'official' support for C1 and C2 still at kernel 3.10 and 3.14?
You referring to?
Da Xue wrote: S905X2 won’t get the necessary Linux software bits at all unless ARM changes the licensing cost for bitfrost. At least with Mali-450, you get Linux blobs. With bitfrost (G3x/G5x/G7x), you get nothing so you can forget about Linux. Even with panfrost, the most you will get is GLES 2.0 until well into 2020.

tkaiser

Unread post by tkaiser » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm

rooted wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm
You referring to?
Not directly (since I'm pretty much clueless wrt all this GPU stuff). But other than USB3 or PCIe, better codec support, maybe ARMv8 Crypto Extensions and a newer GPU there's not that much you would gain with those new Amlogic SoCs compared to S905 today. 20% more CPU horsepower is nothing you are able to notice (unless you do number crunching which would be weird on such a slow platform). Nobody knows yet how USB3 performs and how PCIe situation looks like. All that's known is that these S905X2/Y2 thingies are incompatible to S905 from a software point of view (IIRC the Amlogic BSP relies on a 4.9 kernel -- which is somewhat good news since 4.9 LTS has been just recently extended to be EOL in 2023, 2 months ago it was marked EOL right now)

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1

Unread post by crashoverride » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:30 am

I would happily take 20% (or more) increased performance! All my workloads are CPU and/or GPU bound.

AreaScout
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2, HiFi Shield, XU4, XU4Q,
N1, Go, VU5A, Show2, CloudShell2,
H2, N2, VU7A, VuShell

Unread post by AreaScout » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 am

tkaiser wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm
Not directly (since I'm pretty much clueless wrt all this GPU stuff). But other than USB3 or PCIe, better codec support, maybe ARMv8 Crypto Extensions and a newer GPU there's not that much you would gain with those new Amlogic SoCs compared to S905 today. 20% more CPU horsepower is nothing you are able to notice (unless you do number crunching which would be weird on such a slow platform). Nobody knows yet how USB3 performs and how PCIe situation looks like. All that's known is that these S905X2/Y2 thingies are incompatible to S905 from a software point of view (IIRC the Amlogic BSP relies on a 4.9 kernel -- which is somewhat good news since 4.9 LTS has been just recently extended to be EOL in 2023, 2 months ago it was marked EOL right now)
I think it will be a G71, my speculation is still on Kirin, they came up with a new Kirin 960s early last year which is a successor to the Kirin 960, it got the NPU with AI capabilities from the Kirin 970, with this example they show that this SoC is pretty configurable, maybe there is another one, maybe a Kirin 960sx who is still under NDA without LTE Modem and native DDR4 support ... I hope :)

Source article in german: https://www.notebookcheck.com/HiSilicon ... 630.0.html

RG

brad

Unread post by brad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:29 pm

tkaiser wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:21 pm
HI tkaiser,
whist hardkernel support 3.16.y on C2 now with S905, mainline kernel (4.x or 5.x) works relatively good (I don't think hardkernel would / could properly support it with out amlogic backing). The GPU, video decoding and audio still needs work (complex) but working well in many situations with patches / hacks. The S905X2 SOC on the other hand is not legacy and being actively developed against Linus kernel. (Amlogic contributing with patches as well for new devices which is really good to see imo)

The S905X2 has only has little cores from what I understand (the A53's), something well suited to low power consumption and does not support for example heavy power speculation features. It does however get a slight unexpected boost to close the gap for the moment as it is immune to many of the speculation vulnerabilities which may impact other CPU's of the era which need to be patched impacting performance.

The N2 though I would expect to have at least some *power* cores, so in arm land some "big" cpu's (not the S905X2 with little CPU's). In regards to GPU the N1 had Mali CL compute working with the Mali T860 which ticked boxes for me over a Mali-450. I have no experience with a S905X2 so not sure if the GPU can be licensed but it raises an interesting question.

cheers, Brad.

Return to “General Chat”