C2 LibreElec eMMC Size Recommendation

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

C2 LibreElec eMMC Size Recommendation

Unread postby mikeschropp » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:16 am

Hello, I'm a new member seeking some advice on eMMC size for my C2. I've done some searching around the forum and have seen mentions in places saying eMMC size of 8GB or 16GB should be plenty for LibreElec depending on media database size, but I'm trying to find something more concrete to go off. I bought my C2 solely as a Kodi box to replace an aging Intel NUC. So my C2 only ever needs to run LibreElec and Kodi and do nothing else. I've got about 700 movies in my database and about 700-800 TV episodes spread across about 12 different shows/seasons. Right now using a slow SD card and Kodi is slow to navigate through titles, but that's okay as I always intended on upgrading to using the eMMC. So my question mainly is can I get away with the 8GB size, or do I need larger?

Related question, I'm assuming I want the Android (Green) version of the eMMC module? Additionally do I need just the reader SD adapter, or also the USB 3.0 writer in order to flash the eMMC with LibreElec?

Thanks!
mikeschropp

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Re: C2 LibreElec eMMC Size Recommendation

Unread postby moon.linux » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:34 am

You can get for 8/16GB emmc size, it should work fine. For flash image you need to get USB 3.0 writer for sure.
moon.linux

Unread postby mikeschropp » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:17 am

Thank you, appreciate the information. Out of curiosity, would there be any reason to get larger if I intend to keep growing my media library? Or are the larger 32/64GB sizes for those that want to run additional applications?

Thanks
mikeschropp

Unread postby rooted » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:17 am

I have a database of 810 movies and 800 show episodes, it is only 0.98 gigabyte.

So 16 GB would be plenty.
rooted

ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2
XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby mikeschropp » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am

Great, thank you for sharing that information. I'll get one ordered.
mikeschropp

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2