No boot nor blue light

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

No boot nor blue light

Unread postby IjaCZECH » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Hello,
I bought from you ODROID-C2 and I was running LibreElec on it for about half a year and suddenly the device stopped working. Only solid red LED lights, but no blue LED at all. I tried flashing the SD card with ubuntu found on your wiki (ubuntu64-16.04.3-minimal-odroid-c2-20171005.img), but Etcher said there is validation error. So I flashed another SD Card with the same file and Etcher's validation passed successfully, but nothing changes - only solid red LED lights. Jumper J1 is removed from the begining.

I tried according to this thread: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27739:
  • different monitors and HDMI cables - no change
  • change power supply (PSU/USB) - no change
  • checked the 5V rail on the board - OK (~4.9V)

Can you help me any other way? Thank you very much.
IjaCZECH

languages_spoken: english, czech
ODROIDs: ODROID-C2

Re: No boot nor blue light

Unread postby tobetter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

IjaCZECH wrote:Hello,
I bought from you ODROID-C2 and I was running LibreElec on it for about half a year and suddenly the device stopped working. Only solid red LED lights, but no blue LED at all. I tried flashing the SD card with ubuntu found on your wiki (ubuntu64-16.04.3-minimal-odroid-c2-20171005.img), but Etcher said there is validation error. So I flashed another SD Card with the same file and Etcher's validation passed successfully, but nothing changes - only solid red LED lights. Jumper J1 is removed from the begining.

I tried according to this thread: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=27739:
  • different monitors and HDMI cables - no change
  • change power supply (PSU/USB) - no change
  • checked the 5V rail on the board - OK (~4.9V)

Can you help me any other way? Thank you very much.

By any chance, do you have UART-to-USB serial kit?
tobetter

languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Unread postby IjaCZECH » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:02 pm

I don't have, but I will try to borrow one from my colleagues and then I will let you know :)
IjaCZECH

Unread postby tobetter » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:54 am

IjaCZECH wrote:I don't have, but I will try to borrow one from my colleagues and then I will let you know :)

You would be better to test with UART earliest just in case if your board is faulty and to do RMA.
tobetter

Unread postby IjaCZECH » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello,
there is one fun fact:
I tested UART but cannot get any results, when suddenly the OS popped up on monitor. I tested again and found out that I need to have UART to USB connected during very first boot of any OS (tried minimal linux and libreelec). When UART to USB was disconnected with freshly flashed SD card - no boot, but when I connected UART to USB - first boot run and then the OS booted every time even with UART to USB disconnected, so strange! Can someone explain that to me? Just for studying purposes? Thank you!
IjaCZECH

Unread postby tobetter » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:35 pm

IjaCZECH wrote:Hello,
there is one fun fact:
I tested UART but cannot get any results, when suddenly the OS popped up on monitor. I tested again and found out that I need to have UART to USB connected during very first boot of any OS (tried minimal linux and libreelec). When UART to USB was disconnected with freshly flashed SD card - no boot, but when I connected UART to USB - first boot run and then the OS booted every time even with UART to USB disconnected, so strange! Can someone explain that to me? Just for studying purposes? Thank you!

That's so strange. So your board is not faulty at least.
tobetter

Return to Issues