n2 similarly priced to n1?

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

n2 similarly priced to n1?

Unread postby 133794m3r » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:14 pm

I did a quick glance at the n1 cancellation thread and wasn't able to see much else going on as far as rough price estimates currently. I'd like it if they would've been able to still say the e roughly the same price or adjusted if dram market changes. Which it should by the middle of next year with china's fabs coming online and producing cheap DRAM for the mobile devices sold there and in other "next billion device" countries. I was all set to get a n1 even though the cost was high so that I could finally finish the process of setting up my home entertainment system.

TL;DR
Did HK/OD come out with any price estimates on the new SOC that's using LPDDR4 from samsung for september? I would've expected a rough price estimate by this time.
133794m3r

languages_spoken: english

Re: n2 similarly priced to n1?

Unread postby cdu13a » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:19 am

Try to be patient. I know it can be hard waiting, I want one right now too.

Odroid's first post in the "N1? or N2?" thread mentions end of august as a possible time frame for more info. So maybe if all goes well, by beginning of September we will know more.
cdu13a

ODROIDs: C1, C2, XU4, HC1

Re: n2 similarly priced to n1?

Unread postby mad_ady » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:02 am

Since price had been a concern for many for N1, I think N2 will either be in the same price range, or slightly cheaper, but we need to wait - it's just speculation
mad_ady

ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1

Return to General Chat