KODI Upnp cannot open folders

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

KODI Upnp cannot open folders

Unread postby veveaucent » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm currently trying to stream from my odroid to my tablet using Kodi. I have my files on an external USB haddrive Ext4 format. I set this haddrive up when using dietpi. However video playback via HDMI was poorly optimized. Video is playing much better on Ubuntu 18.04 MATE however I can no longer stream to other devices. I have set the owner of my hard drive as root with 0775 permissions. When I connect to Jodi from my tablet I can see my hard drive but it doesn't let me go into the directory. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong st this point.

On a side note I can't figure out how to gain Sudo permission on the GUI for Ubuntu to change directory names and hard drive mounting settings using Drive so any help with that would be appreciated as well. I'm very new to all of this so simple instructions preferred. This is my first (well technically second since the first was defective) linux device and I just got it this week.
veveaucent

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: KODI Upnp cannot open folders

Unread postby odroid » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

I think you might need to install mindlna server to enable the Upnp access.

Or, try to use a Samba server.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/soft ... ices#samba

To run the Mate file manager (Caja) with super-user permission, run it on the terminal(ctrl-alt-T) with sudo caja.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Return to Ubuntu