Oolite on odroid xu4

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Oolite on odroid xu4

Unread postby vit.ruzicka » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi there,
I just wanted to make myself sure: Was it possible to run oolite (elite clone) on older Ubuntu than 18.04 on an Odroid XU4? Because I can't install it on 18.04 anymore and I thought I installed it on Odroid XU4 some time ago... :roll: So can I do anything to do so?
Thanks, Vit
vit.ruzicka

languages_spoken: english, german, czech
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: Oolite on odroid xu4

Unread postby odroid » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:39 am

I don't know whether it works or not.

Can you tell me why you can't install a new OS image anymore?
It might take 10~20 minutes only.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:07 pm

I've tested oolite on the XU4 under Debian several times. Using @ptitSeb's gl4es should be enough to get it to work.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby vit.ruzicka » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:32 pm

odroid wrote:I don't know whether it works or not.

Can you tell me why you can't install a new OS image anymore?
It might take 10~20 minutes only.

I have the newest OS on XU4. But I am booting from usb, so instead of messing my new os I came here to look around for someone who runs the oolite on older version of ubuntu, so I don't have to downgrade to figure out.
vit.ruzicka

Unread postby vit.ruzicka » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 pm

meveric wrote:I've tested oolite on the XU4 under Debian several times. Using @ptitSeb's gl4es should be enough to get it to work.

Would you send me a link or somethin'? Do I have to compile oolite from source then? (It isn't in the repository of 18.04)
vit.ruzicka

Unread postby meveric » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm

vit.ruzicka wrote:Would you send me a link or somethin'? Do I have to compile oolite from source then? (It isn't in the repository of 18.04)

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/oolite
looking at this page: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=oolite shows that oolite was removed from Ubuntu startung by 18.04 but was available until 17.10
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby vit.ruzicka » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:53 pm

meveric wrote:https://packages.debian.org/stretch/oolite
looking at this page: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=oolite shows that oolite was removed from Ubuntu startung by 18.04 but was available until 17.10

Thank you very much :) That's what I wanted to know.
vit.ruzicka

Return to Ubuntu