Transfer .sav files from Android Emulator to Odroid Go?

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Transfer .sav files from Android Emulator to Odroid Go?

Unread postby dandannoodles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:04 am

Hi all,

Is it possible to transfer save files from an Android emulator? I'm using GBCoid on my phone and have a Pokemon Crystal save file I'd like to continue using on my new shiny GO :)

Any help is much appreciated.

p.s. I have tried transferring the .sav file directly from my android device, but this didn't seem to work :/

Cheers.

Dan
dandannoodles

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Re: Transfer .sav files from Android Emulator to Odroid Go?

Unread postby lordhardware » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 am

The sav size is an issue for some games, there was a sav edit tool going around that othercrashoverride linked to earlier this week.
lordhardware

ODROIDs: U3
Odroid-W

Unread postby crashoverride » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:19 am

Save games from other systems/emulators are not supported. It is possible to write a tool to convert the data, but I am not aware of any such effort. This was briefly discussed here:
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/go-play/issues/32#issuecomment-406011031
crashoverride

ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby lordhardware » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 am

crashoverride wrote:Save games from other systems/emulators are not supported. It is possible to write a tool to convert the data, but I am not aware of any such effort. This was briefly discussed here:
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/go-play/issues/32#issuecomment-406011031

Ah my mistake sorry
lordhardware

Odroid-W

Unread postby Insomnia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:14 am

I've actually searched here and there and I was wondering whether someone has (hopefully) developed such a tool? I can't make it myself since I have little to no experience, but I hope someone may have made such a tool, so that I can use the .sav files of my original gameboy cartridge so that I can inject my own pokemon into the odroid sav file. Is there anyone willing to make one, I would even gladly pay for it, I just want the sav files to work with other emulators and sav editors. Many thanks!!!

Greetings!
Insomnia

Unread postby lordhardware » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Insomnia wrote:I've actually searched here and there and I was wondering whether someone has (hopefully) developed such a tool? I can't make it myself since I have little to no experience, but I hope someone may have made such a tool, so that I can use the .sav files of my original gameboy cartridge so that I can inject my own pokemon into the odroid sav file. Is there anyone willing to make one, I would even gladly pay for it, I just want the sav files to work with other emulators and sav editors. Many thanks!!!

Greetings!

Im looking into this now and will hopefully have this working soon
lordhardware

Odroid-W

Unread postby Insomnia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 am

lordhardware wrote:
Insomnia wrote:I've actually searched here and there and I was wondering whether someone has (hopefully) developed such a tool? I can't make it myself since I have little to no experience, but I hope someone may have made such a tool, so that I can use the .sav files of my original gameboy cartridge so that I can inject my own pokemon into the odroid sav file. Is there anyone willing to make one, I would even gladly pay for it, I just want the sav files to work with other emulators and sav editors. Many thanks!!!

Greetings!

Im looking into this now and will hopefully have this working soon

Thnx, I'll just keep an eye on this thread and watch for any new updates on this. If such a tool comes out that would be awesome, since it allows us to play on our old saves "on the go", lol I just had to make that joke I'm sorry. Anyway I can donate or help out if possible?
Insomnia

Unread postby lordhardware » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:51 am

Nah no donations needed. Theres two methods of achieving this:

1. Rewrite the saving mechanism in the GB/GBC emulator so that it saves the .sram data as an external file instead of bundling in with the gnuboy .sav file, after that writing a small program that converts gnuboy sram to vba-m format and vice versa (second step may be very easy or very frustrating, not all gb games save data in a consistent way so this may end up being game specific and therefore way too much work), however this is the ideal option as it would allow people to share save files without also sharing save states.

2. Write a stripper/injector tool that will export and import the sram data from the existing .sav file, then do the same compatibility conversion to vba format you could then reinject the .sram back into your .sav and continue on.
I don't like this option as much as if my coding on either of the tools is not perfect i could potentially botch your entire save game (not just the sram save data).
lordhardware

Odroid-W

Unread postby julien2735 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:37 pm

julien2735

languages_spoken: French
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4
Odroid Go

Return to General Chat