Transfer .sav files from Android Emulator to Odroid Go?

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Transfer .sav files from Android Emulator to Odroid Go?

Unread postby dandannoodles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:04 am

Hi all,

Is it possible to transfer save files from an Android emulator? I'm using GBCoid on my phone and have a Pokemon Crystal save file I'd like to continue using on my new shiny GO :)

Any help is much appreciated.

p.s. I have tried transferring the .sav file directly from my android device, but this didn't seem to work :/

Cheers.

Dan
dandannoodles

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go

Re: Transfer .sav files from Android Emulator to Odroid Go?

Unread postby lordhardware » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 am

The sav size is an issue for some games, there was a sav edit tool going around that othercrashoverride linked to earlier this week.
lordhardware

ODROIDs: U3
Odroid-W

Unread postby crashoverride » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:19 am

Save games from other systems/emulators are not supported. It is possible to write a tool to convert the data, but I am not aware of any such effort. This was briefly discussed here:
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/go-play/issues/32#issuecomment-406011031
crashoverride

ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby lordhardware » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 am

crashoverride wrote:Save games from other systems/emulators are not supported. It is possible to write a tool to convert the data, but I am not aware of any such effort. This was briefly discussed here:
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/go-play/issues/32#issuecomment-406011031

Ah my mistake sorry
lordhardware

Odroid-W

Unread postby Insomnia » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:14 am

I've actually searched here and there and I was wondering whether someone has (hopefully) developed such a tool? I can't make it myself since I have little to no experience, but I hope someone may have made such a tool, so that I can use the .sav files of my original gameboy cartridge so that I can inject my own pokemon into the odroid sav file. Is there anyone willing to make one, I would even gladly pay for it, I just want the sav files to work with other emulators and sav editors. Many thanks!!!

Greetings!
Insomnia

Unread postby lordhardware » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Insomnia wrote:I've actually searched here and there and I was wondering whether someone has (hopefully) developed such a tool? I can't make it myself since I have little to no experience, but I hope someone may have made such a tool, so that I can use the .sav files of my original gameboy cartridge so that I can inject my own pokemon into the odroid sav file. Is there anyone willing to make one, I would even gladly pay for it, I just want the sav files to work with other emulators and sav editors. Many thanks!!!

Greetings!

Im looking into this now and will hopefully have this working soon
lordhardware

Odroid-W

Return to General Chat