Mount error

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

Mount error

Unread postby JEDI JF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:43 am

​Hi

I just go an Odroid C2 and wanted to use LibreElec. I bought 2 kits from ameridoid with eMMC that were installed with Kodi. I booted the first unit and it worked fine. There was an update that was downloaded so I rebooted and then I got an error: Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

I downloaded LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe and the latest image and I flashed the eMMC using the Transcend USB 3 SD card reader/writer (bought from ameridroid)​. It booted fine and then I did a reboot from the Kodi and same error: Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1

I flashed again using etcher, I tried the second power supply, second eMMC, second Odroid C2​ but I still have the same issue. I don't think both units would be defective so I must be doing something wrong. I really don't know what to do at this point.
JEDI JF

languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: C2

Re: Mount error

Unread postby JEDI JF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:19 am

Update: I tried the exact same thing with an old 32 GB SD card I had instead of both eMMC 32 GB. I used the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe and the latest image and I flashed the eMMC using the Transcend USB 3 SD card reader/writer. With the SD card it is working fine. I rebooted multiple times and it seems to always work.

I noticed the PCB of the eMMC I have doesn't say HardKernel. Could it be incompatible? This is what I have:
https://ameridroid.com/products/emmc-bl ... 5907492898

I have 2 of them so I don't think both could be defective but I guess both could be incompatible? I bought them from that web site, it was in the Kodi kit so I assume it should be compatible? I'll admit I am lost at this point.
JEDI JF

Unread postby odroid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:34 am

It is not our official product.
Our official one must be black or orange.
https://www.hardkernel.com/main/product ... 5622510341
https://www.hardkernel.com/main/product ... 0825660587

I don't know why they are selling a slow fake eMMC instead of our genuine storage.

I've just downloaded LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.5.img.gz image and flashed to our official eMMC with Etcher.
It worked well.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby rooted » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:21 am

odroid wrote:
I don't know why they are selling a slow fake eMMC instead of our genuine storage.

I've just downloaded LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.5.img.gz image and flashed to our official eMMC with Etcher.
It worked well.

I would definitely tell Ameridroid to stop selling those as compatible with odroid products.
rooted

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2
XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby Ameridroid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 am

Hello HK and Rooted,

I would be more than happy to send you some for your testing. I have done side by side comparisons across all boards and with all images. I even tried to replicate the above error, but I installed a fresh LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.5.img and it worked and is still working without fail. I would be more than happy to replace the above eMMCs with the orange module if needed. @Jedi JF, please let me know.

SH
AD
Ameridroid

Unread postby JEDI JF » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi

I got your private message unfortunately I just registered to this forum so I cannot write private messages yet. I sent an e-mail before your post to 'orders@ameridroid.com' at 8:56 PM eastern time so you should be able to find it. Please let me know because private messages are not available to me yet.

Thanks
JEDI JF

Unread postby Ameridroid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:05 pm

JEDI JF wrote:Hi

I got your private message unfortunately I just registered to this forum so I cannot write private messages yet. I sent an e-mail before your post to 'orders@ameridroid.com' at 8:56 PM eastern time so you should be able to find it. Please let me know because private messages are not available to me yet.

Thanks

Hello Jedi JF,

Sure thing. I will look for it now. Maybe one of the staff filed it. I will find it

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely
SH
ameriDroid
Ameridroid

Unread postby rooted » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:18 pm

I would have asked which LE image they used exactly but it booted once so it must be the right image.

@Ameridroid
Since you have the same eMMC, you could try to replicate the issue with the same file they used. Or at least this is what I would try.
rooted

XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby Anto2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:37 am

Hello, I just received the order of Ameridroid with a module "Red box of 8 gb" and I have the same problem with the emmc module that says "JEDI JF"
I am using the same image LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.2.5.img installed with Etcher
I have done a lot of tests and it continues with the same error

What is the solution? Is the emmc module not compatible?

regards
Attachments
20180807_202308_resized.jpg
20180807_202308_resized.jpg (75.09 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Anto2

languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid C2 - 8 GB emmc

Unread postby rooted » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 am

There seems to be some type of compatibility issue.
rooted

XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby Anto2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 am

Thank you,

I have written to Ameridroid asking for a solution.

regards
Anto2

languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid C2 - 8 GB emmc

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2