Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby noir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:55 am

I just bought the ODROID-C2 because I hope it's an alternative to my OrangePI.
With my OrangePI I used a 21,5" touch screen called "HANNS G HT225" without any trouble. However it is not working at all with the ODROID C2. For all the tests I used the latest available firmware at this time "selfinstall-odroidc2-eng-s905_6.0.1_master-97-v4.3.img.xz".

I don't know much about Android internals so I tried some things I read on the internet. What I tried so far:

First I enabled the touch input visualization in the developer tools to see if there is any input detected. As far as I can see there is nothing detected at all.

Next I read about IDC files. For my understanding there must be a IDC file for every connected input device. I found some IDC files in the directory "/system/usr/idc". There I copied an existing file "Vendor_03fc_Product_05d8.idc" and renamed it to "Vendor_2575_Product_0401.idc". This seems to be the vendor and product IDs according to dmesg and lsusb. I stripped some parameters from the file since it seems that they are not needed for the touchscreen. However there's still no touch input detected after a reboot. The parameters in the IDE file are:

Code: Select all
touch.deviceType = touchScreen
touch.orientationAware = 1
device.internal = 1

cursor.mode = pointer


I also tried the getevent utility if there's any input event from the touchscreen. What I see there is the following:

Code: Select all
could not get driver version for /dev/input/mouse/3, Not a typewriter
add device 8: /dev/input/event7
name: "Weida Hi-Tech                                            CoolTouchR System                                 "
/dev/input/event8: 0000 0000 00000001
remote device: /dev/input/mouse3 not found
remove device 8: /dev/input/event7


This loops continuously.

In very rare cases there's one single touch recognized by the developer tool. But this seems not reproducible at all.

Can I do anything to make this device working with the ODROID? Or is it a bug in Android?
noir
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby odroid » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 am

Try to find the VID/PID in the HID touchscreen driver header file first.
https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/blob/odroidc2-3.14.y-android/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
If it doesn't exist, post a request of your touchscreen on this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15495
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby noir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 pm

I found it:

Code: Select all
/* Hannspree HT225HPB 21.5" HDMI capacitive Screen */
#define USB_VENDOR_ID_HANNSPREE   0x2575
#define USB_DEVICE_ID_HANNSPREE_HT225HPB_TOUCH   0x0401


In very rare cases a single touch input is recognized but this behavior is not reproducible yet.
noir
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby odroid » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Could you see proper outputs from the getevent utility when the touchscreen worked even very rarely?
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby codewalker » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Can you try this?
$ adb shell
$ su
# mount -o rw,remount /
# vi /init.odroidc2.rc
Code: Select all
338     write /proc/sys/kernel/ctrl-alt-del 0
339
340     write /sys/class/gpio/export "126"
341     write /sys/class/gpio/gpio126/direction "out"
342     write /sys/class/gpio/gpio126/value "0"
343     write /sys/class/gpio/gpio126/value "1"
344     write /sys/class/gpio/unexport "126"
345
346 on fs
347     mount_all /fstab.odroidc2


Please let me know your test results.
User avatar
codewalker
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby noir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 pm

@codewalker: I tried this edits and rebooted the device but the touch input is still not working. There's no noticeable change for me.

@odroid: Yes I got lucky. I made a picture of it since I'm working on the developer terminal. You can find it attached to this post.

odroid_touch_getevent.jpg
odroid_touch_getevent.jpg (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1163 times
noir
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby odroid » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am

I think the touchscreen controller seems to have a compatibility issue with the USB host ports.
Do you have an OTG-to-Host cable something like this?
https://www.hardkernel.com/main/product ... 0193470720
Your power source should be connected to the DC barrel jack and J1 jumper should be removed.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/hardw ... wer_enable
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby tobetter » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 am

Can you grab Android log with adb logcat | grep InputHub from the power on? By the way, how many input devices did you connected to your ODROID-C2? I am seeing the device node /dev/input/event7 for your touchscreen, I don't this leads the error but just curious why your touch screen is dedicated to the higher number than ordinary one. :)
User avatar
tobetter
 
Posts: 2557
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Paju, South Korea
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby noir » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 pm

odroid wrote:I think the touchscreen controller seems to have a compatibility issue with the USB host ports.
Do you have an OTG-to-Host cable something like this?
https://www.hardkernel.com/main/product ... 0193470720
Your power source should be connected to the DC barrel jack and J1 jumper should be removed.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/hardw ... wer_enable


Thats it! It is working stable now. Thank you :)
Is there a chance that a software patch on the ODROID could fix this issue? It feels a bit like a dirty hack to me :P

tobetter wrote:Can you grab Android log with adb logcat | grep InputHub from the power on? By the way, how many input devices did you connected to your ODROID-C2? I am seeing the device node /dev/input/event7 for your touchscreen, I don't this leads the error but just curious why your touch screen is dedicated to the higher number than ordinary one. :)

In some tests there was a mouse and a keyboard attached because I operate the device this way. But I also tried to leave them unplugged on power on to see if this makes a difference. Without success. I'm not sure if proceeding reading the logs on startup is still useful to you since using USB OTG is a working workaround. If it is could you please provide more detailed instructions how to accomplish getting the startup logs? Until now I used the Android terminal app to access the device.
noir
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby odroid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 am

USB host driver in Amlogic Kernel still have some issues with full-speed/low-speed (12Mbps/1.5Mbps) devices with on-board USB hub.
We tried to fix the problem for over one year but we couldn't find a solution. Sorry about that.
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29075
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby topaz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 am

Hi Guys, I also use this screen HT225 and have an issue where it works (with my current M8s+) tv box but have to unplug and replug to get multi touch working.

I only found out about Odroid last night and had already ordered a 7.1.1 tv box to see if that fixed the issue.

If it doesn't would buying a C2 be a good option to get it working on boot, saying that what is the latest android build that works on the C2 ? only because I can use ethernet midi it would be better to use USB midi introduced in android 6x.

Cheers for any possible help.

;-)
topaz
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:57 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: Trouble with getting a Weida Hi-Tech tochscreen running

Unread postby topaz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 am

Can you please tell me if the HT225 is running as multi touch on first boot (no need to replug) at 1920 x 1080 using the C2 and andorid 6x ?

Any help would be great.

noir wrote:I just bought the ODROID-C2 because I hope it's an alternative to my OrangePI.
With my OrangePI I used a 21,5" touch screen called "HANNS G HT225" without any trouble. However it is not working at all with the ODROID C2. For all the tests I used the latest available firmware at this time "selfinstall-odroidc2-eng-s905_6.0.1_master-97-v4.3.img.xz".

I don't know much about Android internals so I tried some things I read on the internet. What I tried so far:

First I enabled the touch input visualization in the developer tools to see if there is any input detected. As far as I can see there is nothing detected at all.

Next I read about IDC files. For my understanding there must be a IDC file for every connected input device. I found some IDC files in the directory "/system/usr/idc". There I copied an existing file "Vendor_03fc_Product_05d8.idc" and renamed it to "Vendor_2575_Product_0401.idc". This seems to be the vendor and product IDs according to dmesg and lsusb. I stripped some parameters from the file since it seems that they are not needed for the touchscreen. However there's still no touch input detected after a reboot. The parameters in the IDE file are:

Code: Select all
touch.deviceType = touchScreen
touch.orientationAware = 1
device.internal = 1

cursor.mode = pointer


I also tried the getevent utility if there's any input event from the touchscreen. What I see there is the following:

Code: Select all
could not get driver version for /dev/input/mouse/3, Not a typewriter
add device 8: /dev/input/event7
name: "Weida Hi-Tech                                            CoolTouchR System                                 "
/dev/input/event8: 0000 0000 00000001
remote device: /dev/input/mouse3 not found
remove device 8: /dev/input/event7


This loops continuously.

In very rare cases there's one single touch recognized by the developer tool. But this seems not reproducible at all.

Can I do anything to make this device working with the ODROID? Or is it a bug in Android?
topaz
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:57 am
languages_spoken: english


Return to Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mastawindu and 6 guests

cron