OGST Emulationstation Controller AutoConfigs

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

OGST Emulationstation Controller AutoConfigs

Unread postby NewAgeRetro » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am

Hello,

I am trying to set up my OGST with the N64 kit. I want to use EmulationStation because that is what I am used to.

I would like my setup to be able to hotswap controllers between the GameSir G3w and a USB SNES controller but it requires having 2 different retroarch.cfg files. I noticed that the system is seeing the controllers as the yellow text at the bottom shows up with the controller name but I can not get RetroArch to use the auto-configs. I suspect that this is because of the 'liberto-xbmc %rom%' command. I changed it to 'mupen64plus %rom%' for N64 and now my USB N64 controller works great for that system but it is still locked to the retroarch.cfg file for any other system. I figure the solution is to modify every system in the es_systems.cfg file but that's where I got lost.

I know that RetroPie uses the runcommand.sh to launch roms but I'm not sure what the command would be for each system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
NewAgeRetro

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: OGST Emulationstation Controller AutoConfigs

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:25 pm

The commands used for each system is already in the es_system.cfg you can just open the file and read the commands.

Also there is no such thing as EmulationStation AutoConfig.. EmulationStation is just a stupid frontend, the only autoconfig that exists is done in retroarch and it should automatically switch between configs for different controllers in retroarch by default, unless you broke this.
Retroarch has hundreds of config files for different controllers and is suppose to automatically select the correct config for each controller so unless you broke the retroarch config, or if there's no (or multiple) config for your controller, it should work automatically when you switch controllers.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Return to OGST-XU4