Daytona USA rom need help getting it working pls help

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

Daytona USA rom need help getting it working pls help

Unread postby atarioldskool » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Hi

I downloaded Daytona USA (japan,revision a)
Daytona.zip

I managed to get it to load using mame2014, did a few changes it setting n the master set up
Guidance from MAME website

Then I click exit which should start the game according to mame website
Mine just freeze in the front screen
Which shows how much coin credit and front view on land

I have odroid xu4 -
Please can someone help me in getting it to work

Thanks
atarioldskool

languages_spoken: english

Re: Daytona USA rom need help getting it working pls help

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:29 am

Highly doubt hat will work.
It uses Sega Model 2 emulation and is a 3D game.
MAME "emulates" hardware and uses no hardware capabilities whatsoever. Means even the GPU of a system is emulated entirely in software, which is way too much for most systems.
You need high end PCs to emulate low end 3D games as everything is just emulated on the CPU.
If you check CPU load when you start the game you'll see that all (most) CPU core hit 100% and stay there.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby atarioldskool » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:31 am

meveric wrote:Highly doubt hat will work.
It uses Sega Model 2 emulation and is a 3D game.
MAME "emulates" hardware and uses no hardware capabilities whatsoever. Means even the GPU of a system is emulated entirely in software, which is way too much for most systems.
You need high end PCs to emulate low end 3D games as everything is just emulated on the CPU.
If you check CPU load when you start the game you'll see that all (most) CPU core hit 100% and stay there.

No worries thank you for the information.

It’s a shame really as that is one of the games I used to play a lot in the arcades

I guess that also means Sega rally won’t work either :-(
atarioldskool

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:40 am

You should rather look for some ports of it for other systems, like Sega Dreamcast or something.
As the emulators for that have 3D acceleration what MAME does not.
Even running certain games under DOS (DOSBox) can be a lot faster than MAME.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby jet dragon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:55 pm

atarioldskool ,dont worry too much,just get the full model 2 sega set,emulate on pc until odroid n2 comes out,then if n2 has a model2 emulator (hopefully on release date) load it on that and game on,but its a bit sad theres no sbc that can play model 2 yet,also u could play the sega saturn version of daytona on odroid xu4 until then
jet dragon

ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Return to Games and Emulators