Can anyone please tell how to scrap to an external hdd

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

Can anyone please tell how to scrap to an external hdd

Unread postby atarioldskool » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi my roms are on an external hdd , my odroid xu4 detects my roms when I want to play games. This is no issue

I’m trying to use Steven s.... scraper but every time I use it it scrapes to the emmc 16gb and my games selection also disappears from the menu on odroid arena.

Please can anyone help me and explain to me how I can get this scraper to scrap onto my external hdd??
I have read many post that Steve s.... scraper is far the best one out there and it also plays video clips as an intro which I also like.

Help please thank you
atarioldskool

languages_spoken: english

Re: Can anyone please tell how to scrap to an external hdd

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 am

Highly doubt it will work.
This is a custom script and probably adjusted to work with the directories and paths only available on the RetroPi image.
Unless you correct paths and everything on the script I don't think it will work.
Anyway since it's made to only work with EmulationStation anyway you can simply copy the files from an RetroPi image over to this image and everything should work, as system names should be the same.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby atarioldskool » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 pm

A lot of people say it can be done - apparently it all depends on how the usb hdd is mounted ????
What ever that means as I am a total novice !

I prefer the small video clips of the game rather than just having an image of the game.
atarioldskool

languages_spoken: english

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:37 pm

atarioldskool wrote:A lot of people say it can be done - apparently it all depends on how the usb hdd is mounted ????

HDD has nothing to do with it. Mounts can be transparent and it doesn't matter if it runs on HDD, SD or eMMC.

atarioldskool wrote:I prefer the small video clips of the game rather than just having an image of the game.

That should work just fine as long as the videos have the same name as the ROM files and are placed in the VideoSnap folder this should work fine.
I also prefer video snaps over images and use it all the time.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Return to Games and Emulators