Theming and improvements

Very powerful gaming console solution based on Debian

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Theming and improvements

Unread postby Régalad » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi guys,

Meveric thanks for all your good work on odroid build.
I would like to install your attract mode (only) from your OGST on my fresh Ubuntu 16.04.2 minimal image.
Is there a simple and easy way for doing this ?
I have try many other solution to install attact mode and your OGST one is the Best i found.
I also have troubles on changing cpu gouvernor settings on OGST. I try to change it on boot.ini (comment performance and uncomment Powersave) but its still booting on performance setting. Maybe i try the wrong way ? Thanks in advance for your help.
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: [HOWTO] Debian/Ubuntu repository for Games/Emulators/Ker

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:31 am

My packages are build for Debian and not necessarily compatible with Ubuntu, that package for example won't work on Ubuntu as it requires quite a few packages that are unique to Debian, like libjpegturbo62.
So you have to build everything yourself if you want to use it under Ubuntu, especially the minimal image, which doesn't even come with GPU drivers installed, will be very hard to get to work with this.

For Changing CPU settings there is a tool that I put on the image, simply go to Appliactions -> System Applications -> ODROID CPU Control
The settings you do there will be restored on reboot.
Changing CPU governor may result in more laggy gameplay though.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: [HOWTO] Debian/Ubuntu repository for Games/Emulators/Ker

Unread postby Régalad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:13 am

Thanks for your Quick reply.
For cpu gouvernor i have try your way but it s always reboot on performance this is why i try the boot.ini way.
My cpu is always at 90° with performance setting (ux4 with the big heatsink) so i have to figured it out.

Too bad for me for your attract. It s the only one i found who work really great. I want to port my build "suprême build V2" on odroid world and i think we can do maybe something together. Using kodi as frontend is a little bit new to me and i really rather using retropie /attract mode as kodi/attract mode. But i think i Will understand it quicly.
I Know rétropie and attract mode very deep so if you think a way to make it work together your my Man :D.
I also like rétropie because there is a lot of tweak and option to improve the gaming expérience and multiple user profile (like gamepad, driver, core update etc..)

You can see my work on RPI here :
https://youtu.be/ezKAjNbpfOE

I have start a fresh image of ubuntu with fresh install of retropie. Maybe you think it s possible to add retropie to debian ?
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: [HOWTO] Debian/Ubuntu repository for Games/Emulators/Ker

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:11 am

Régalad wrote:Thanks for your Quick reply.
For cpu gouvernor i have try your way but it s always reboot on performance this is why i try the boot.ini way.
My cpu is always at 90° with performance setting (ux4 with the big heatsink) so i have to figured it out.

The governor should change after about 60 seconds after boot.
Check after a minute or two to see if it's still performance.

Régalad wrote:Too bad for me for your attract. It s the only one i found who work really great.

I will soon upload a new version of attract that is even better, as the current version has some issues in full screen mode.

Régalad wrote:I want to port my build "suprême build V2" on odroid world and i think we can do maybe something together.

Sure we can try some cooperation, I'm always looking forward to try something new or work together with others.
I'm currently working on a fully themed attract version myself including some scripts that run in the background for automatic scrapping of games and graphics

Régalad wrote:Using kodi as frontend is a little bit new to me and i really rather using retropie /attract mode as kodi/attract mode. But i think i Will understand it quicly.

My image comes with EmulationStation and Rom Collection Browser (Kodi) pre-installed.
Attract is also an option that is available with all the emulators.

Régalad wrote:I Know rétropie and attract mode very deep so if you think a way to make it work together your my Man :D.

Not sure about retropie, never really used it, nor care about it much. It's nice if you're only playing ROMS, but if you want to do ports, web browsing, torrenting etc. it's useless.
Régalad wrote:I also like rétropie because there is a lot of tweak and option to improve the gaming expérience and multiple user profile (like gamepad, driver, core update etc..)

Gamepads:
All systems using retroarch as a frontend are auto-config means, you plugin a controller and it works out of the box.
Some standalone emulators are harder to configure, and are preset to XBox 360 due to best compatibility (e.g. PPSSPP, Hatari, Yabause, Reicast, etc.)
Drivers:
Not sure what you mean with that.. drivers are system related and have nothing to do with a frontend like retropie or attract mode.
If you need additional drivers, let me know, but most drivers come from the Kernel itself and have nothing to do with the image itself (although I have additional drivers available via dkms packages)
Core Updates:
Cores are integrated into the image and are updated via apt-get upgrade, or the Update Manager that pops up once a day if updates are available.
So core updates are there.
Régalad wrote:You can see my RPI build here :
https://youtu.be/ezKAjNbpfOE

Not all of this is possible, as ODROIDs and RPis have very different GPU drivers or at least it would be very complicated.
The first part is standard ES which is already pre-installed and you can easily theme it or whatever.
Attract Mode is also available but theming can take quite a while, but should work nonetheless.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: [HOWTO] Debian/Ubuntu repository for Games/Emulators/Ker

Unread postby Régalad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:29 am

meveric wrote: I will soon upload a new version of attract that is even better, as the current version has some issues in full screen mode.


Yes i have seen it. Not try to fix it allready so if you have found why i m ready for the tips :D
Maybe because of the desktop under attract or the changing resolution ?

meveric wrote: My image comes with EmulationStation and Rom Collection Browser (Kodi) pre-installed.
Attract is also an option that is available with all the emulators.


I have allready make some changes on your ES and attract. i always think to connect RPI and odroid world for future users. So i have change all roms path on ES and attract and also add many system you haven t before. So now people will easyly DL rompack and add it as we do on RPI.
If you have seen my video, my attract is working 100% and the half of systems working right now. i have also import many options i have on RPI.
But there many thinks i will have to find out how to import them like video loading screen for exemple.


meveric wrote: Not sure about retropie, never really used it, nor care about it much. It's nice if you're only playing ROMS, but if you want to do ports, web browsing, torrenting etc. it's useless.


I agree with you. I want to push it more gaming station with only multimedia options like kodi, chronium, jukebox stuff. If we only have to used keyboard for internet we will be good.

meveric wrote: gamepad Drivers etc...


This is the point. Today we have undred of gamepad and gaming solution. USB, wireless etc...
With retropie you can add some specific driver you can with only retroarch. It s also set some config system who are not libretro one like reicast or daphne. You can manage everythings with you gamepad so no keyboard needed again.

It will be cool to choice beetwen full gaming station or desktop with gaming options :idea:
So people can choice and jump with a script from one to other.
I also will be cool that people choice between ES / KODI / attract as Gaming frontend.
I don t know if you know easy hax expand to HDD tricks on RPI ? i see you have and option for using HDD but if you can made it the same way it would be great.
Don t try your s yet but with easy hax you can put your NTFS USB HDD on all port and it will add your roms strait mixed with you SD card one.
It s make a combined drive named "rom" folder as the original one used by the system.
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: [HOWTO] Debian/Ubuntu repository for Games/Emulators/Ker

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 am

Régalad wrote:
meveric wrote: I will soon upload a new version of attract that is even better, as the current version has some issues in full screen mode.


Yes i have seen it. Not try to fix it allready so if you have found why i m ready for the tips :D
Maybe because of the desktop under attract or the changing resolution ?

Not quite sure what is causing this, but it seems the latest version I build does not have this issue.

Régalad wrote:I have allready make some changes on your ES and attract. i always think to connect RPI and odroid world for future users. So i have change all roms path on ES and attract and also add many system you haven t before. So now people will easyly DL rompack and add it as we do on RPI.

What systems I do not have?
I know about Daphne, I already have a build of it but haven't had time to test it yet. What other systems do you think I'm missing?
In fact there are a couple systems that are available on my images that are not on RPi OR do actually work, like Sega Saturn, Atari Jaguar, and some others.
Régalad wrote:If you have seen my video, my attract is working 100% and the half of systems working right now. i have also import many options i have on RPI.
But there many thinks i will have to find out how to import them like video loading screen for exemple.

I can try to help you with that, but as I said earlier, many stuff that works on RPis will not work on ODROIDs, some stuff done on the RPi is also not necessary on ODROIDs as they work better in different ways.

Régalad wrote:This is the point. Today we have undred of gamepad and gaming solution. USB, wireless etc...
With retropie you can add some specific driver you can with only retroarch.

I already have specific configurations in retroarch or even in the kernel to support controllers that are not available by default.
Still I don't see where you need "drivers" for your controller, never came across anything.

Régalad wrote:It s also set some config system who are not libretro one like reicast or daphne.

Reicast I reworked the controller config myself, it auto detects PS3 or XBox360 controller and loads the correct config and you can easily add more.
Also I activated rumbling support which I haven't seen anywhere else yet.
Daphne as I said already I haven't checked on yet.

Régalad wrote:You can manage everythings with you gamepad so no keyboard needed again.

That's why I use XBox 360 and Kodi, as you can do everything the same on my image. In fact it was made to run fully on controller only.

Régalad wrote:It will be cool to choice beetwen full gaming station or desktop with gaming options :idea:
So people can choice and jump with a script from one to other.

Once again, ODROIDs are not RPis you can either use fbdev applications OR X11 not switch between both.

Régalad wrote:I also will be cool that people choice between ES / KODI / attract as Gaming frontend.

Which is already possible via my setup tool.
Régalad wrote:I don t know if you know easy hax expand to HDD tricks on RPI ?

Not sure what that "hax" is, but I already have scripts to move the entire rootfs on the HDD, and it's very easy to just make a symlink or a mount a folder, such things are rather easy no big deal.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: [HOWTO] Debian/Ubuntu repository for Games/Emulators/Ker

Unread postby tipoto » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:45 am

meveric wrote:I will soon upload a new version of attract that is even better, as the current version has some issues in full screen mode.

Hi meveric,
What type of issues are we supposed to have with Attract-Mode in full screen? I think I never had any problems with the full screen either with v2.2 or v2.3.
However I always had an issue with the surfaces in the layouts, I ended up by creating my own ones without this features, or modifying existing layouts by replacing surfaces by "planes", but it's very limiting, for example I can't use the search module since it only works with surfaces.
With your coming version, would it be possible for you to do a quick test with a random layout that uses surfaces please? If you need, I can provide to you a layout for this test.

Thank you!
tipoto
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:45 pm
languages_spoken: French, English & Spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby Régalad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 pm

tipoto wrote:I think I never had any problems with the full screen either with v2.2 or v2.3.


Tipito and Meveric, what version you guys running for attract ?
i m on v2.3.0
avcodec 56.26.100
avformat 56.25.101
swscale 3.1.1.101
swresample 1.1.100

Same things for me for surface Tipito.
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:33 pm

The issue I had up to now was that often the picture of Attract Mode was not aligned correctly, means if you are in fullscreen mode, the top had a black bar of maybe 20 pixels or so and the bottom of the screen is outside "out of screen" means you can't read texts and such.

I'm not quite sure what the issue with the surfaces is, so it would be helpful if you can provide me with a test theme and show me what you expect it to look like and what it looks like for you on attract mode on the ODROIDs.

Version I use is 2.3 both in the older version of attract mode as well as my new build, but the newer build is from git master, so it has many more commits and I'm using static libSFML 2.5 in the new version, where I used 2.3 in the older version.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby Régalad » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Meveric,

I have :

install all updates :
Code: Select all
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get autoremove

upgrade to Kernel 4.14 :
Code: Select all
apt-get install linux-image-4.14-armhf-odroid-xu4 linux-headers-4.14-armhf-odroid-xu4

update the framebuffer drivers for G2D support
Code: Select all
wget https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/kernel/XU3/4.9.x/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid_20171213-1.4.1-1+deb8_armhf.deb
dpkg -i xf86-video-armsoc-odroid_20171213-1.4.1-1+deb8_armhf.deb


I have now an error on startup :
Daemon autostart failed. Error:
this is the error log:

Starting CDEmu daemon with following parameters:
- num devices: 1
- control device: /dev/vhba_ctl
- audio driver: default
- bus type: session

cdemu0: Kernel I/O: failed to open control device /dev/vhba_ctl: No such file or directory!
cdemu: Daemon: failed to start device #0!
cdemu: Daemon: failed to create device!
Daemon initialization and start failed!


So i check the folder and there is no vhba_ctl file on it.
I try many stuff on the morning sutch as reinstall vhba-module folowing the install instructions :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cdemu/files/

Code: Select all
Installation Instructions
*************************
Copyright (C) 2008-2016 The CDEMU Project.

This file is free documentation; the CDEmu project gives
unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.

Basic Installation
==================
The simplest way to compile this package is:

  1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code.

  2. Type `make' to compile the package.

  4. Type `make install' to install the kernel module and other files.
     (Needs root permission)

  5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the
     source code directory by typing `make clean'.

To properly set permissions on VHBA control device and/or set up module
auto-load, see the corresponding sections below.

Compilers and Options
=====================
You can explicitly specify the kernel for which to compile the module for
by setting the environment variable KERNELRELEASE. The default if it is not
specified is 'uname -r' in other words your running kernel.

It is also possible to set extra compiler flags through the EXTRA_CFLAGS
environment variable.

Setting Permissions on VHBA Control Device
==========================================
In order to use VHBA control device, a user must have read-write permissions
on /dev/vhba_ctl. Typically, this is achieved by using udev's "uaccess" tag,
by creating the following rule:

KERNEL=="vhba_ctl", SUBSYSTEM=="misc", TAG+="uaccess"

The rule should be stored in a .rule file in either /lib/udev/rules.d or
/etc/udev/rules.d directory. For the "uaccess" tag to be applied properly,
the rule must be executed before the uaccess rule. Therefore, if the uaccess
rule is contained by /lib/udev/rules.d/70-uaccess.rules, the rule above
must be stored in a file with number smaller than 70.


The alternative and now obsolete approach is to create a udev rule that
explicitly sets the read/write permissions on the control device:

KERNEL=="vhba_ctl", MODE="0660", OWNER="root", GROUP="cdrom"

The rule should be stored in a .rule file (for example, 40-vhba.rules) in either
/lib/udev/rules.d or /etc/udev/rules.d directory.

In the above example, the user needs to be part of 'cdrom' group.

Automatic Module Loading
========================
At the moment, automatic module loading can be enabled in a distribution-specific way.
On debian- and ubuntu-based systems, 'vhba' should be added to the /etc/modules file.
On fedora-based systems, a file called vhba.conf and containing a line 'vhba'
should be created in /etc/modules-load.d directory.


But it s not fixing the error :cry: (also not create the file i expect )

Build Update add new cpu governor config and fix my average cpu temperature to 60°C (90° before)
But i have still the no saving issu if i change cpu governor sitting with the desk tool.

Do you used https://github.com/mickelson/attract to compile your new attract ?
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 pm

The guide is irrelevant, as I already provide .deb packages you can ignore the entire guide.
Try: dpkg-reconfigure vhba-dkms and see if that helps, it should rebuild the Kernel module.

BTW Kernel 4.14 will probably hit you with an overall 15% performance loss on all emulators, especially on DreamCast and N64 you will notice that.

The 90°C could be an older Kernel, there was an update recently to support broken Thermal sensors for the CPU after which the CPU always showed 90°C no matter what.
I talked to HardKernel and they created a different patch which I also uploaded. If yours was still stuck on 90°C you probably just haven't updated the system again.

And yes that's the repository of attract that I use.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby Régalad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:12 am

Thanks Meveric, I have try all the morning without succes :p and your command line fix it in a second.
So i have restart without updating kernel and trying to install new attract with

Code: Select all
apt-get install build-essential pkg-config git libfontconfig1-dev libopenal-dev libsfml-dev libavutil-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libavfilter-dev libswscale-dev libavresample-dev libjpeg-dev libglu1-mesa-dev

git clone http://github.com/mickelson/attract attract

cd attract
make -j 3

sudo make install


but i have this error. I think it s the same i have on ubuntu when i try to install attract

Code: Select all
apt-get install build-essential pkg-config git libfontconfig1-dev libopenal-dev libsfml-dev libavutil-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version.
build-essential set to manually installed.
libfontconfig1-dev is already the newest version.
libfontconfig1-dev set to manually installed.
pkg-config is already the newest version.
pkg-config set to manually installed.
git is already the newest version.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libavcodec-dev : Depends: libavcodec56 (<= 6:11.12-99) but 10:2.6.9-dmo1 is to be installed or
                           libavcodec-extra-56 (<= 6:11.12-99) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libavresample-dev (= 6:11.12-1~deb8u1) but it is not going to be installed
 libavformat-dev : Depends: libavformat56 (= 6:11.12-1~deb8u1) but 10:2.6.9-dmo1 is to be installed
 libavutil-dev : Depends: libavutil54 (= 6:11.12-1~deb8u1) but 10:2.6.9-dmo1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.



If i unsderstand i have this packages on the build but not the same version as requier. Version who asked is old one.
I m right ?
So still error if i try to continu the making process

Code: Select all
make -j 3
Package libavformat was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavformat.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavformat' found
Package libavcodec was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavcodec' found
Package libavutil was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavutil.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavutil' found
Package libswscale was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libswscale.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libswscale' found
Package openal was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `openal.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'openal' found
Package libavformat was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavformat.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavformat' found
Package libavcodec was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavcodec' found
Package libavutil was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavutil.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavutil' found
Package libswscale was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libswscale.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libswscale' found
Package openal was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `openal.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'openal' found
flags: -Wl,--export-dynamic -I/usr/include/freetype2  -DDATA_PATH=\"/usr/local/share/attract/\" -O2 -DNDEBUG -Iextlibs/miniz -Iextlibs/audio/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -Iextlibs/squirrel/include -Iextlibs/sqrat/include -Iextlibs/gameswf  -DUSE_XLIB -DUSE_XINERAMA -DUSE_FONTCONFIG
Compiling obj/fe_base.o...
Compiling obj/fe_cmdline.o...
Compiling obj/fe_info.o...
src/fe_base.cpp:29:27: fatal error: libavutil/log.h: No such file or directory
 #include <libavutil/log.h>
                           ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:456: recipe for target 'obj/fe_base.o' failed
make: *** [obj/fe_base.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....


And of course on installing

Code: Select all
sudo make install
Package libavformat56 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavformat56.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavformat56' found
Package libavcodec56 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec56.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavcodec56' found
Package libavutil54 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavutil54.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavutil54' found
Package libswscale3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libswscale3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libswscale3' found
Package openal was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `openal.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'openal' found
Package libavformat56 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavformat56.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavformat56' found
Package libavcodec56 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavcodec56.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavcodec56' found
Package libavutil54 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libavutil54.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libavutil54' found
Package libswscale3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libswscale3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libswscale3' found
Package openal was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `openal.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'openal' found
flags: -Wl,--export-dynamic -I/usr/include/freetype2  -DDATA_PATH=\"/usr/local/share/attract/\" -O2 -DNDEBUG -Iextlibs/miniz -Iextlibs/audio/include -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -Iextlibs/squirrel/include -Iextlibs/sqrat/include -Iextlibs/gameswf  -DUSE_XLIB -DUSE_XINERAMA -DUSE_FONTCONFIG
fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything.
Compiling obj/fe_base.o...
src/fe_base.cpp:29:27: fatal error: libavutil/log.h: No such file or directory
 #include <libavutil/log.h>
                           ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:456: recipe for target 'obj/fe_base.o' failed
make: *** [obj/fe_base.o] Error 1


So can you help me again on this (and maybe it can help me on ubuntu too) ?
Are you updating your base image soon with new attract ?
I m really sorry i know that helping users is not the best part :p
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby tipoto » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:46 am

Régalad wrote:Tipito and Meveric, what version you guys running for attract ?

The version I use is 2.3
meveric wrote:I'm not quite sure what the issue with the surfaces is, so it would be helpful if you can provide me with a test theme and show me what you expect it to look like and what it looks like for you on attract mode on the ODROIDs.

Sure, I'm going to provide you this soon, thank you!
tipoto
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:45 pm
languages_spoken: French, English & Spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 am

Régalad wrote:but i have this error. I think it s the same i have on ubuntu when i try to install attract

Code: Select all
apt-get install build-essential pkg-config git libfontconfig1-dev libopenal-dev libsfml-dev libavutil-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version.
build-essential set to manually installed.
libfontconfig1-dev is already the newest version.
libfontconfig1-dev set to manually installed.
pkg-config is already the newest version.
pkg-config set to manually installed.
git is already the newest version.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libavcodec-dev : Depends: libavcodec56 (<= 6:11.12-99) but 10:2.6.9-dmo1 is to be installed or
                           libavcodec-extra-56 (<= 6:11.12-99) but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libavresample-dev (= 6:11.12-1~deb8u1) but it is not going to be installed
 libavformat-dev : Depends: libavformat56 (= 6:11.12-1~deb8u1) but 10:2.6.9-dmo1 is to be installed
 libavutil-dev : Depends: libavutil54 (= 6:11.12-1~deb8u1) but 10:2.6.9-dmo1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.



There are currently 4 version of ffmpeg libs available on this image, a very very old and outdated version 0.11 from Debian Jessie,
a version 2.6 from deb-multimedia, a version 3.2 from Debian jessie-backports (backports from Debian Stretch) and a version 3.4 with hardware acceleration support created by me from my jessie-backports repository.
Therefore installing certain libraries, especially build dependencies for different ffmpeg libraries can be quite complicated.

Régalad wrote:If i unsderstand i have this packages on the build but not the same version as requier. Version who asked is old one.
I m right ?

Nope, it says you want to install -dev packages from the very old 0.11 version, but the drivers that should be installed are from the newer version 2.6 from deb-multimedia.
Both should be avoided, and you probably need higher versions anyway.
Régalad wrote:So still error if i try to continu the making process

And of course on installing

Well that's normal, you can't build a house if you don't have the materials, and trying to do so anyway ends in a failure.
Also INSTALLING requires that the BUILD succeeded before, so make install always starts a "make" first before it tries to install, so if one fails the other will fail as well.

Régalad wrote:So can you help me again on this (and maybe it can help me on ubuntu too) ?

I don't build for Ubuntu, so I can't help you with drivers here, also it's not as easy as a simple make and make install, attract is more complicated to build than that.
For example, by default attract requires OpenGL, but ODROIDs do not support OpenGL, only OpenGL ES, so building for OpenGL will result in a broken build with maybe 1-2 FPS if you're lucky as it will use MESA software OpenGL (if it works at all).
So you have to build attract mode for OpenGL ES, but building attract mode for OpenGL ES will also FAIL, as it depends on libSFML and libSFML on Ubuntu is build for OpenGL as well, so you would try to pair an OpenGL ES program with OpenGL drivers, and attract mode wouldn't even start at all.
Once again, it's not a simple make and make install process to get this to work.

Régalad wrote:Are you updating your base image soon with new attract ?

As I use .deb packages for all my programs, I don't need to update the base image for that, I simply update the attract mode package and I'm done, no need to rebuild an entire image only cause a single application changed.
I will however create a new base image to shorten the update time for new users and to include a Kernel patch for users that have broken thermal sensors on their ODROIDs.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby tipoto » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:13 pm

I didn't have access to my XU4 tonight, so I couldn't do a screenshot of the issue with the surfaces in Attract-Mode, but I did a screenshot on the Windows version of AM, with the layout called "Reflect", so you can see how it is supposed to look when there is no problem.
"Reflect" is part of all the layout installed by default in Attract-Mode, so you can easily find it and pick it.
Basically the problem is that the surfaces display a residue of the previous images that have been displayed in the previous context. For example you are in the main menu (where you can pick a system), then you enter in the NES section which uses a layout with a surface (for example Reflect), once you are in the NES section, the surface will display some parts of the images that were displayed previously in the main menu, and you will also get some glitches.
Reflect_Layout.jpg
Reflect_Layout.jpg (578.02 KiB) Viewed 484 times
tipoto
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:45 pm
languages_spoken: French, English & Spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby Régalad » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:38 pm

An other exemple for surface on my layout. For me the bug is on displaying video snap

Code i create on RPI:

Code: Select all
// Fill an entire surface with our snap at a resolution of 1280x720 ///////////////////////////////////
 local surface = fe.add_surface( 854, 480 );
 local snap = surface.add_artwork("snap", 0, 0, 854, 480);
 snap.trigger = TRIGGER;
 snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
 surface.set_pos( flx*0.013, fly*0.11, flw*0.645, flh*0.708 );
 if ( my_config["sound"] == "No" ){
     snap.video_flags = Vid.NoAudio;
  }


Video snap don't play on your attract with this code so i have to change it to :

Code: Select all
// Fill an entire surface with our snap at a resolution of 1280x720 ///////////////////////////////////
 local surface = fe.add_surface( 854, 480 );
 local snap = FadeArt( "snap", flx*0.013, fly*0.11, flw*0.645, flh*0.708 );
 snap.trigger = TRIGGER;
 snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
 if ( my_config["sound"] == "No" ){
     snap.video_flags = Vid.NoAudio;
}


But like tipito say there is some glitches with previsous displayed stuff
There is many layout who used this code for displaying stuff on screen but not all of them.
I have also try others layouts with no surface and no glitches but don t try to find how they made it right now.

You can find my sublayout here and try it as main menu layout
https://mega.nz/#!1MhxRBgb!d885-Oim7kJl ... 2AwttaeGtM

meveric wrote: As I use .deb packages for all my programs, I don't need to update the base image for that, I simply update the attract mode package and I'm done, no need to rebuild an entire image only cause a single application changed.


Ok sounds good. If you can please tell me when you did the update so i will save my work before and pay attention on changements.
So i following my goal to port all my attract on your OGST build and make some RPI compatibility :D .
I also keep you update when my work will be more advanced so you will try and see i you want to be part of it :-)
I want to port some cool stuff on your build who allready exit on RPI but don t really know how to do it.
So if we can chat, exhanged files and think by another way it will be great (messenger, email....) just MP me the way you want and if you want ;)
Thanks again for all your work and help.
Régalad
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:12 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Ux4

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:17 pm

tipoto wrote:For example you are in the main menu (where you can pick a system), then you enter in the NES section which uses a layout with a surface (for example Reflect), once you are in the NES section, the surface will display some parts of the images that were displayed previously in the main menu, and you will also get some glitches.

Ah I think I remember that in my current theme as well, that when you switch from one view to another, it still shows items from the last view.
I'm not sure if that's gone, but I'll check on it.
I mostly had it if I switched from ART to no-ART items, means when something was missing.

Régalad wrote:
Code: Select all
// Fill an entire surface with our snap at a resolution of 1280x720 ///////////////////////////////////
 local surface = fe.add_surface( 854, 480 );
 local snap = surface.add_artwork("snap", 0, 0, 854, 480);
 snap.trigger = TRIGGER;
 snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
 surface.set_pos( flx*0.013, fly*0.11, flw*0.645, flh*0.708 );
 if ( my_config["sound"] == "No" ){
     snap.video_flags = Vid.NoAudio;
  }


Video snap don't play on your attract with this code so i have to change it to :

Code: Select all
// Fill an entire surface with our snap at a resolution of 1280x720 ///////////////////////////////////
 local surface = fe.add_surface( 854, 480 );
 local snap = FadeArt( "snap", flx*0.013, fly*0.11, flw*0.645, flh*0.708 );
 snap.trigger = TRIGGER;
 snap.preserve_aspect_ratio = true;
 if ( my_config["sound"] == "No" ){
     snap.video_flags = Vid.NoAudio;
}

I have made a similar change in my theme but in fact removed the FadeArt and used add_artwork instead.. but I haven't tried it with the new attract yet.

Régalad wrote:But like tipito say there is some glitches with previsous displayed stuff
There is many layout who used this code for displaying stuff on screen but not all of them.
I have also try others layouts with no surface and no glitches but don t try to find how they made it right now.

You can find my sublayout here and try it as main menu layout
https://mega.nz/#!1MhxRBgb!d885-Oim7kJl ... 2AwttaeGtM

Thanks, I'll look into it, but probably after my vacation.

Régalad wrote:Ok sounds good. If you can please tell me when you did the update so i will save my work before and pay attention on changements.

The new version is not uploaded yet, as I'm still testing it. I made a complete backend change so I want to make sure it works before I replace the package that is working.
You've already seen where I put on my changes for the package, just check there for news.

Régalad wrote:So if we can chat, exhanged files and think by another way it will be great (messenger, email....) just MP me the way you want and if you want ;)
Thanks again for all your work and help.

We can talk about this when I'm back from vacation next week or so.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
User avatar
meveric
 
Posts: 8999
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:41 pm
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: Theming and improvements

Unread postby tipoto » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:36 am

meveric wrote:We can talk about this when I'm back from vacation next week or so.

Sounds good!
Enjoy your vacation and thank you for still replying on the forum while you are on vacation!! (^_^)
tipoto
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:45 pm
languages_spoken: French, English & Spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4


Return to OGST-XU4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest