Building LineageOS 14.1 selfinstall image

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Building LineageOS 14.1 selfinstall image

Unread postby snorky35 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi guys,

I've successfully build the LineageOS 14.1 from sources as described in the wiki, but is there a way to get a selfinstall image as for C2 for example.
What I understand from the wiki is that I need to have an already running Android on my XU4 to deploy the files I have just build, right ?
I also tried to flash my SD card with system.img generated in the /tmp/odroidxu3 directory, but it was not successful.
Any help would be appreciated ;-)
Thanks
snorky35

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1+ C2 XU4

Re: Building LineageOS 14.1 selfinstall image

Unread postby voodik » Thu May 17, 2018 8:05 pm

snorky35 wrote:Hi guys,

I've successfully build the LineageOS 14.1 from sources as described in the wiki, but is there a way to get a selfinstall image as for C2 for example.
What I understand from the wiki is that I need to have an already running Android on my XU4 to deploy the files I have just build, right ?
I also tried to flash my SD card with system.img generated in the /tmp/odroidxu3 directory, but it was not successful.
Any help would be appreciated ;-)
Thanks

you can create selfinstall images from update.zip via this scripts
https://github.com/codewalkerster/xu4_installer
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
voodik

languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: Building LineageOS 14.1 selfinstall image

Unread postby snorky35 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:09 am

Hi Voodik

Thank you for your response, it was a great help
It did not work has expected at the first tries, but i managed to make it ok
Here is what I did to make it work, maybe it can be helpful for others :
  • On ubuntu, if you have snap installed, loop0 may be used, change it to whatever free loop device (loop1 for example)
  • The "update" directory is under /tmp/odroidxu3 just after building : make a copy and/or change script in order to have the correct 'update' directory path
  • XU4Installer project on github has only one branch which is 5422_4.4.4_master. You may encounter copy error when the script copies "update" directory content to /media/<user>/fat32, because the size of the partition is too small. I doubled up the size (change everywhere in the script 1024000 to 2048000) and it was then ok
snorky35

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1+ C2 XU4

Return to Android