SmartPower2 power failure

brawlertrawler
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SmartPower2 power failure

Unread post by brawlertrawler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 am

I purchased the SmartPower2 to use with my Odroid XU4Q. I got it a couple of days before I received the XU4Q. I hooked it up to a Odroid-MC1 (XU4S) just to make sure it was working. No matter what I did, I couldn't access the webserver, even after following the reset instructions here (https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/power ... martpower2). Figured I'd keep working with it later. Received my XU4Q, Shapemedia case, put it together with the preloaded Android eMMC and ran it for about an hour before I decided I wanted Gamestation Turbo. Shut down the XU4Q, unplugged everything, flashed the eMMC, put together and plugged everything back in. Smartpower2 not working. Will not power back on. Red cable in the + and black cable in the -. Everything looks good but nothing. Power led on the back of the screen just flashes. Any Ideas on what I can do?

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: SmartPower2 power failure

Unread post by odroid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:40 am

If the power(red) LED is flashing, the output is enabled.
https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/power ... #led_state

Did you use 15V/4A PSU with the SmartPower2?
Connect the 16x2 LCD module to the SmartPower2 and check the display.

Hailstrom
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: MC1, XU4Q, Smartpower2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SmartPower2 power failure

Unread post by Hailstrom » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I used the included 15V/4A powersupply. This unit worked for a couple of days then stopped. I never could get the web interface to even display, even after trying to reset the unit. Neither of the lights on the main board light up anymore. The only flashing light is on the back of the little display module. The screen just flickers off and on.

Return to “Smart Power”