Troubles with delivery

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

Troubles with delivery

Unread postby tmihai20 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:33 pm

I ordered another XU4 and I have issues with delivery. First of all, DHL was chosen, maybe to expedite shipping. I would have liked EMS because it is a lot easier, even though shipping takes longer. I have to pay DHL the equivalent of 22 extra euros for services related to customs. I did not pay anything extra with EMS.
The second issue is that I now have 3 separate deliveries. I do not understand why this happened, I ordered the XU4 and a UART adapter. I wrote back to odroid via email, but sadly I will probably will not get an answer until Monday. Maybe @odroid here on the forum will read this and help me sort this out. The invoice I got from DHL for the first delivery shows the correct price, the invoice for the second delivery shows 2 oDroid XU4 (???) and I did not receive an invoice for the third delivery. I will not pay 22x2 euros for the other 2 deliveries that I did not ask for. This is quite a big mess that will cost me a lot. @odroid, please reply.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
I write (in Romanian mostly) on a blog (see my profile)
tmihai20

languages_spoken: english, french, italian, romanian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: Troubles with delivery

Unread postby odroid » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:13 am

I've forwarded your post to our sales team.
They will help you.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby tmihai20 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:11 pm

I got a little worried, I have received a response from sales, I think. DHL (probably South Korea) made a mess, but they are insisting that HardKernel made it. One of the packages, the correct one (I hope), is already in Romania. DHL still insists that I provide them papers for the first 2 (wrong) deliveries. Please do not chose DHL in the future, they are charging extra bucks or euros for their services (about 22 EUR here in Romania). EMS should be enough, even if it takes longer. I have read about a lot of issues with DHL.
tmihai20

Unread postby meveric » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:25 pm

tmihai20 wrote:I got a little worried, I have received a response from sales, I think. DHL (probably South Korea) made a mess, but they are insisting that HardKernel made it. One of the packages, the correct one (I hope), is already in Romania. DHL still insists that I provide them papers for the first 2 (wrong) deliveries. Please do not chose DHL in the future, they are charging extra bucks or euros for their services (about 22 EUR here in Romania). EMS should be enough, even if it takes longer. I have read about a lot of issues with DHL.

A lot of deliverers do this. FedEx does it as well. The problem is, that the package has to go through customs, and depending on your country you have to pay taxes for it.
Here in Germany for example if, the package value exceed 20 Euros you have to pay taxes. Or else the package is stucked in customs. DHL and FedEx (probably other parcel services as well) provide a service (unasked) to pay the taxes for you upfront, and then deliver your package to you, or else you would have to go to the nearest custom hub and buy out your package yourself.
That "service" is what UPS and FedEx want to be paid (even if you never asked for it). So they charge you a fee (in Germany around 12 Euros i think) plus the taxes they paid.
In worst cases you pay something like 5 Euros taxes as well as 12 Euros DHL/FedEx fee. Which can be annoying.

I think FedEx now offers a service, where you create an "account" at FedEx and deposit money in there. If you receive a package and they have to pay taxes to get it through customs, they take it from your account. That way you don't have to pay the fee, or maybe less fee, I'm not sure, haven't done that.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby tmihai20 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:18 pm

It used to be about half of what they are asking now. There is an alternative, but it takes time and it is a lot difficult because Romanian Customs use some specific site that only works with IE (7 to 9) only. Also, DHL is known (again, in my country) to be a pain in the behind if you choose to work directly with the Customs. And now, on top of that I got 2 extra packages that they will (most likely) want me to pay 22 euros each. I do not have any issues with paying taxes to the state, I did that with the previous XU4 that I managed to brick (49% my fault, 51% a colleague's fault). This is why I am saying that EMS is the best option in Romania. I had to pay 1.78 euros extra to the local Post Office for the package + taxes.

It would really be great if we could choose how we want our delivery sent to us: EMS, DHL, FedEX. Maybe shipping cost could reflect that, because now I had to pay 27 USD for shipping, as opposed to 22 USD last time (about a month ago).
tmihai20

Unread postby mad_ady » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:51 am

I didn't know HK used DHL for shipping. I got the best experience with UPS - no questions asked, next day delivery (after touchdown) and cheap (I had to pay ~5Euro fees). I also received packages through FedEx and in each case they charged me more, asked for payment details and usually shipped the package 2 days after landing.
mad_ady

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2

Unread postby tmihai20 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 pm

My saga is over, finally. I got my UX4 and my UART adaptor. Please, please do not use DHL anymore, unless it is the only option for shipping. I prefer waiting a little longer than having to deal with them. EMS should do in most cases. I consider my issue fixed.
tmihai20

Unread postby mad_ady » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:33 am

What did you have to pay? Did they consider it as only one shipment?
mad_ady

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2

Unread postby tmihai20 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I only got the real shipment, fortunately. I had to pay 178 lei ~ 39.19 EUR (99 lei ~ 21.80 EUR for DHL services, 79 lei ~ 17.39 EUR in taxes). I told DHL that I will declare zero for the value of the other 2, that even now do not have any tracking information updates.
tmihai20

Return to General Chat