LibreELEC 7.1.3 - Kodi Jarvis - February update

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid, Raybuntu, wrxtasy

Re: LibreELEC 7.1.3 - Kodi Jarvis - February update

Unread postby rabaraf » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:43 am

Last 2-3 days I have been juggle between Raybuntu and official LE builds based on Krypton - on each of them I see micro-stuttering and I have even invited a friends who see them too so finally I decided to flash wrxtasy's LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.3.media_build - here definitely there is no micro-stuttering. I was almost sure I didn't saw micro-stuttering on Raybuntu's beta1j but now comparing beta1j with wrxtasy's 7.1.3.media_build I can say for sure it is micro-stuttering even in beta1j. What is the main difference in all those builds I tested? 7.1.3.media_build is running Jarvis while other builds Krypton. So I'm going to stay with Jarvis.
One question only: why on System Page \ Hardware there is no CPU temperatue and there is only the following information provided: "CPU temperature: ?"
This is kind of important information to monitor Odroid-C2 temperature and I miss it very much as I have modified Xonfluence skin so it shows me CPU temperature all the time on the screen... Would it be possible to get that information available in 7.1.3.media_build, please?
rabaraf

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread postby rabaraf » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:46 am

SmackMack wrote:could you tell me how i can install skins like AEON 6? or some skins, which is standart on OpenElec, which i cant find on "get more" in LibreElec

System -> Add-ons -> Install from repository -> Kodi Add-on repository -> Look and feel -> Skin -> Aeon Nox
rabaraf

Unread postby rabaraf » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:27 pm

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
cat: read error: Invalid argument

why is that on LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.3.media_build.img ?
rabaraf

Unread postby cathul » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:57 am

If anyone try to use universal ir remote such as my CHANGER 4in1. I attached XML file for RCCreator program created from original hardkernel ir-remote, feel free to use :)
Attachments
ODROID__C2__X1 43buttons.xml
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
ODROID XU4 (NAS on DietPi) / ODROID C2 (LibreElec)
cathul

languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: C2 / XU4

Unread postby Arakon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Is anyone using the retroarch addon? It works for me except for audio.
Arakon

ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Unread postby ecab21 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 am

Tested this version and I have a problem. When press my remote a few times (skip) on movies or navigation, he goes crazy. Like when I press 3 times in a row he thinks was 6 or 7 times. I think is problem from LIRC. I am using my home theater remote's that I recorded with LIRC on my previous version (7.1.1).
Any idea how to solve that?
ecab21

languages_spoken: english, portuguese

Unread postby Merlin.KIS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:01 pm

@ecab21
You can use remoterepeat in advancedsettings.xml
http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#remoterepeat
Merlin.KIS

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby ecab21 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 am

Merlin.KIS wrote:@ecab21
You can use remoterepeat in advancedsettings.xml
http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#remoterepeat

I tried with several values but the problem continue.
ecab21

languages_spoken: english, portuguese

Unread postby spaceman_spiff » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:45 am

I'm on the December Festive Release still. Is there an easy way to upgrade to this release without re-flashing and setting it up new? Maybe some way to upgrade from the command line using the equivalent of opkg (is it pacman in aarch?)?
spaceman_spiff

Unread postby andyblac » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:11 pm

spaceman_spiff wrote:I'm on the December Festive Release still. Is there an easy way to upgrade to this release without re-flashing and setting it up new? Maybe some way to upgrade from the command line using the equivalent of opkg (is it pacman in aarch?)?

just download the tar http://wrxtasy.libreelec.tv/downloads/L ... -7.1.3.tar upload to the .update folder, and reboot.
andyblac

Unread postby Arakon » Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm

I noticed that recently (?), all tv shows I select start at 10 seconds in. I can skip back to 0, but they always begin at 0:00:10 first.
Anyone know how to fix this?
There used to be a bug for this before with DVD playback, in 2011, but that's obviously ages outdated.
Arakon

Unread postby neo_ » Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Arakon wrote:I noticed that recently (?), all tv shows I select start at 10 seconds in. I can skip back to 0, but they always begin at 0:00:10 first.
Anyone know how to fix this?
There used to be a bug for this before with DVD playback, in 2011, but that's obviously ages outdated.

I really wish @wrxtasy would fix this issue, as this is the best & most stable version IMO. Nearly perfect besides this issue.

However, I found a workaround fix. Not a desirable one though, since I'm forced to turn something off that is needed.\

What you need to turn off is "Keep audio device alive". You can find it in "Settings" -> "System" -> "Audio output" -> uncheck "Keep audio device alive"
neo_

languages_spoken: Australian English

Unread postby spaceman_spiff » Thu May 25, 2017 5:20 am

wrxtasy - is there a patch or a bump for this release that will fix the big Hacked in Translation malicious subtitles exploit for KODI that was made public yesterday?

http://blog.checkpoint.com/2017/05/23/h ... anslation/

If anyone can post directions about patching this via SSH that would be good for the community, I'm sure.
spaceman_spiff

Unread postby llonca13 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 am

Wrxtasy is it posible to upgrade python and add https support? Or point to the right direction I would appriciate it, I would love to skip Krypton until Leia and stay on your Jarvis, it works absolutely fantastic. Thanks you
llonca13

Unread postby startv » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 pm

@wrxtasy

build 7.1.3, Live tv will not change framerate automaticly(tried PVR IPTV Simple Client and VU+). Movie and tvshow works normally.
startv

Unread postby jinxy88 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:11 pm

@wrxtasy

so with this build the odroid can play 4k 10 bit hdr files and display the colors correctly?
jinxy88

ODROIDs: odroid c2

Unread postby odroid » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:54 pm

S905 SoC HDMI output cannot display 10bit HDR contents. It is a hardware limitation.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby JimmyS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello,

I am using Rpi2 + LE 16.1 + cherrypicked patches. I really dont want to upgrade to Krypton (Dont like new skin, new (particulary CEC, audio passthrough, more CPU intensive) issues, I prefer omx HW acc., and 16.1 is rock solid stable for me), so I am very glad, you maintain currently best version, according to my experience :)

I have 0 problems with Rpi2, but with switching TV to DVB-T2 on x265 HEVC, I need to find another device, which would be able to decode it :(. Rpi unfortunatelly isnt anyone near with x265 support. Odroid C2 looking good (not thut much more expensive). I have three answers, whose are very important to me, I would be very glad to find solution.

- Does 7.1.3 contains https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12023? Its easy, but very important patch.
- Does 7.1.3 media edition supports https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Astrometa_DVB-T2 ?
- I read that lirc support has troubles. Is it suitable to use existing lircd + custom remote from Rpi2 LibreElec? I am using direct connnection TSOP -> GPIOs, and raw codes, learned through irrecord. On some of my Rpi2 installation CEC isnt option.

Thank you in advance
JimmyS

Previous

Return to LibreELEC - Kodi Project for C1/C2