Android user build instead of eng

Post Reply
tgalal
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:38 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by tgalal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:45 pm

I followed the android build instructions provided on http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id= ... ng_android and got it successfully to work. However, this is an "eng" build which has some debug options enabled by default. I wanted to do a production build, therefore instead of doing:

Code: Select all

lunch odroidc2-eng-32
I did

Code: Select all

lunch odroidc2-user-32
then I proceed to build and it finished successfully. I "dd" the selfinstall image to the memory card, the odroid boots and goes into recovery where it's installing the image as normal, then after it's done it reboots and then the odroid-c2 for some reasons fails to boot with this newly installed user build. It gets stuck on HardKernel boot image for a while. then goes to android recovery with an android logo that indicates some problem happened, but no further info. It stays there for a while then reboots again and repeats.

Luke.go
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:55 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by Luke.go » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:47 am

Hi, there!
It is because the SELinux.
The Odroid Android is not using SELinux, and we disabled it.
But user build is not applied it.
To solve this problem, patch the file to system/core/ by using this cmd.

Code: Select all

$ cd system/core/
$ tar -xvf user_patch.tar
$ git am 0001-ODROID-C2-Support-user-build.patch
And rebuild it.
I hope it works out!
Attachments
user_patch.tar
(10 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

tgalal
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:38 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by tgalal » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Luke.go wrote:Hi, there!
It is because the SELinux.
The Odroid Android is not using SELinux, and we disabled it.
But user build is not applied it.
To solve this problem, patch the file to system/core/ by using this cmd.

Code: Select all

$ cd system/core/
$ tar -xvf user_patch.tar
$ git am 0001-ODROID-C2-Support-user-build.patch
And rebuild it.
I hope it works out!
Thanks alot this worked! However, unlike standard AOSP user builds, the device was still rooted. Is there a build option to disable that ?

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 6588
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by rooted » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 am

You can mount /system rw and delete the su binary I imagine.

onymous
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by onymous » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Luke.go wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:47 am
Hi, there!
It is because the SELinux.
The Odroid Android is not using SELinux, and we disabled it.
But user build is not applied it.
To solve this problem, patch the file to system/core/ by using this cmd.

Code: Select all

$ cd system/core/
$ tar -xvf user_patch.tar
$ git am 0001-ODROID-C2-Support-user-build.patch
And rebuild it.
I hope it works out!
Hi Luke, the attached patch is no available for download anymore. Could you please share it again?

Luke.go
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 1:55 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by Luke.go » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 am

unfortunately I don't have it no more. :(
Sorry about it. :cry:

User avatar
codewalker
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: all
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by codewalker » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 am

Hi, onymous.
We have fixed codes about init and combined ramdisk and system partition to not use ramdisk.
If you want to build by user, you will revert many commits and fix to use ramdisk image.

onymous
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Android user build instead of eng

Unread post by onymous » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:56 pm

codewalker wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 am
Hi, onymous.
We have fixed codes about init and combined ramdisk and system partition to not use ramdisk.
If you want to build by user, you will revert many commits and fix to use ramdisk image.
Thanks for the clarification @codewalker . Would you be able to help identify the commits or approximate date ranges when the changes were pushed? We would like to get that fixed and share the changes with the community.

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest