Odroid C2 mainline kernel support

uncarvedblock
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2

Re: Odroid C2 mainline kernel support

Unread post by uncarvedblock » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 am

brad wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:25 pm
You can maybe try to revert this commit in 5.0 to see if the problem disappears. https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/12/6/746

I know it can have a big impact on which cards are able to be detected (or tuned) at boot.
Unfortunately I don't have physical access to the affected C2. I seem to remember there was an entry that could be made to boot.txt or boot.ini that could adjust the clock of the emmc? Not sure if this is even an option in mainline uboot (or perhaps my memory is off)

brad
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 N1

Re: Odroid C2 mainline kernel support

Unread post by brad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:05 am

campbell wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:41 am
This again? When are they gonna stop fucking with the clock phase? It breaks things every single time.
Yes I know its a pain as it breaks boot :( and may even leads to data corruption via io errors which I seen last time I had issue in 4.x

Appears different boards using the emmc driver like to *work* with different clock phases and there is no 1 setting fits all. I will try to test Odroid C2 on 5.0 soon and provide feedback to Jerome on the almlogic mailing list. Other user has reported a similar issue on a S905 TV box.

The problem does not occur on 5.0-rc6 and the Odroid N2 which uses the same driver but I will doing more testing here to confirm as well. Maybe the timing config can be placed into the device tree and be board specific.

Return to “General Topics”