ODROBIAN Jessie (64bit) & (32bit)

XeoSal
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2 & XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ODROBIAN Jessie (64bit) & (32bit)

Unread post by XeoSal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Here we come, I have been enjoying Debian (64bit) on my little machine, it's incredible so I wanted to share the experience. In fact, this image has been there and working perfectly even before ODROID-C2 was officially available on sale, I am proud to say that we were the first to bring development of this particular Debian OS to life, we will still continue to offer our best right in time.

>> UPDATE <<
The hybrid 32bit edition is now supporting both Kodi & Mali-Fbdev with 32bit (armhf) packages.
odrobian-system-monitor.png
(33.02 KiB) Downloaded 34465 times
Special thanks to:
Great people must be credited.
  • @debian-developers
  • @mdrjr (Kernel, drivers, technical references, hosting ODROBIAN repository, etc)
  • @OverSun (KODI & AMLogic VPU libraries source code)
  • @mad_ady (ODROID CPU Control utility, testing & support)
  • @crashoverride (Console cursor fix, ideas and testing)
  • @robroy (Community support)
Many other members that I've learnt from, and of course the whole HardKernel team.

Contributors/Supporters:
Anybody can join us on this list to show support.
  • Everyone that gave feedback/support on previous ODROBIAN threads.
You will be automatically included as soon as you start showing great feedback, suggestions or educational contributions.

Features
  • Pure Debian 8.3 (Jessie) pulled from official stable ARM64 branch working perfectly.
  • We have our own repository integrated perfectly which means you will receive new kernels & other updates remotely.
  • All scripts required by HardKernel are installed and working as expected including "C2_init" & "aml_fix".
  • Automatic rootfs resize and SSH keys regeneration script on first boot.
  • Fully Hardware accelerated Kodi Jarvis supporting OpenGLESv2 along with AMlogic VPU optimizations.
  • Initramfs tools are working and you can regenerate "uInitrd" automatically with resolution fix already.
  • Packages "firmware-linux" and "firmware-realtek" are installed by default meaning your USB peripherals will work out of the box.
  • Kernel headers are available by issuing "apt-get update && apt-get install linux-headers-odrobian-s905".
  • Underclocking in a range from 300MHz to 2.0GHz with simple commands and scripts to show current CPU clock and temperature.
  • Ethernet is pre-configured with DHCP for you by default.
  • No bloatware at all, only essential tools are installed as deb packages beside the original software.
Make sure you have Ethernet connection during boot or else it will get stuck waiting for "eth0" to come up. Otherwise, just disable the "eth0" interface inside "/etc/network/interfaces" before booting the system.

Linux Hybrid Kernel64/Debian32
-All remarks & features posted above apply exactly the same for this version except it's an ARMHF based system.
-This is basically a system with Linux Kernel 64bit running through Debian 32bit based rootfs.
-Maximum compatibility with ARMHF software built for previous ODROIDs meaning you can install anything.
-ARM64 is configured as a foreign architecture so you can also install 64bit applications.
-Hostname is "odroid32" unlike regular version which has "odroid64" instead.
-Some ARM64 packages are installed for kernel with other s905 specific ones to get updates from my repository.
-The idea is by @crashoverride.

Available Packages
These are the most important packages available on ODROBIAN repository that I've compiled specifically for this distribution with the required ODROID C2 optimizations of course.

Kernel Image (linux-image-odrobian-s905) - Installed by default obviously
Kernel Headers (linux-headers-odrobian-s905)
Advanced MATE Menu (advanced-mate-menu)
CEC 3.1 (libcec-odrobian)
Chromium Browser (armhf) (chromium-browser-odrobian)
KODI Jarvis for Fbdev (kodi-odrobian-fbdev)
Platform V2 (libp8-platform2)
Shairplay (libshairplay)
Moonlight Embedded (moonlight-embedded)
Mali Fbdev Drivers (mali-fbdev)
SDL2 for Fbdev (libsdl2-odrobian-fbdev)
RetroArch for Fbdev (retroarch-odrobian-fbdev)
EmulationStation for Fbdev (emulationstation-odrobian-fbdev)
ODROBIAN Platform (odrobian-platform-s905) - Default
ODROBIAN Hook Utilities (oh-utils)
AMlogic VPU Libraries (aml-libs)
Boot Scripts for s805 (bootini) - Default
XBOX Gamepad Userspace Driver (xboxdrv-odrobian)

Code: Select all

odroid:$ sudo apt-get update
odroid:$ sudo apt-get install *

(*) = Any Package
You will also find MANY more, if you take a further look there at the packages listed in our main project thread.

Documentation
You can find everything you want to know about this distribution and how to configure it according to your own needs by exploring the documentation available on our repository, you should also read the ODROBIAN Project thread to learn more. Let me show you the head notes list to summarize what you should expect to see there:
  • ODROID Chipset Reference
  • Getting Started
  • Advice & Tips
  • Updating Software & Kernel
  • Web Browser Experience
  • ODROID CPU Clocking
  • Multimedia & Kodi
  • Vanilla Section
  • ORGA Entertainment System
  • Stock Platform Material
  • Examples
  • Changelogs
I can create more documents based on your suggestions, while you can still contribute to this project by submitting a documentation article for ODROBIAN written by you.

Kodi with Hardware Acceleration (up-to 4K)
I have just pushed an update for Kodi to support 4K resolution by @OverSun and added more features to ODROBIAN Hook utilities along with fixing ODROID-C2 CPU governors, now you can install Kodi through one-click installation process.

The new kernel has the cursor fix by @crashoverride along with support for CEC, Kodi fix for subtitles, change default color mode 24bpp to support Kodi specifically. So, everything is now working right out of the box with the latest software/kernel, you can also make use of ODROBIAN-hook utilities (oh-utils) by executing it directly from console/terminal as stated in ODROBIAN documentation (Updating Software) section.

Make sure you have "oh-utils" if you haven't installed it before:
odroid64:$ sudo -s
odroid64:# apt-get update && apt-get install oh-utils

Execute GUI Tool:
odroid64:# oh --gui

This utility is able to upgrade itself automatically upon execution so you don't need to update it manually.

Note that you would have to reboot your ODROID after installing Kodi through option number "15" on the main menu for changes to take effect. After that, you can install a desktop environment if you wish by clicking on the option number "6" available in the second menu.

The workaround for black screen that happens after exiting Kodi is just switching consoles by pressing on your keyboard ( Ctrl + Alt + F3 ) followed by ( Ctrl + Alt + F7 ) or any other session. In fact, even if you have installed Kodi before with "apt-get" you should install it again with this, I have included some essential configurations to support Alsa which will allow you to start Kodi without any Desktop Environments installed, additionally using Alsa instead of PulseAudio will fix GUI sound latency as well. :)

PulseAudio will only get installed if you have a Desktop Environment, you can use the option available on the tool above to disable it whenever you want, and to enable it again. You must know that Kodi is performing at best when Alsa is enabled. Make sure to reboot your ODROID after installation to take effect, after that everything should work properly for Kodi, you can run it from ( Menu > Sound & Video > Kodi ) or directly from console.

Run Kodi:
odroid64:$ kodi
Remarks
So things are all changed and improved with this new kernel version (14-odrobian) you have to keep this in mind.
  • Kodi now supports 4K resolution through scaling the interface while VPU is showing 4K for movies.
  • It's now completely fine to run Kodi upon an X desktop session layer.
  • The missing software cursor in console is now available.
  • The missing CEC option/functionality is now enabled by default.
  • All "udev" rules are updated correctly to fix AMLogic devices permissions.
  • Color depth mode is now set to 24bpp till HardKernel provide a better fix for Alpha channel.
  • Screen freezing during Kodi video playback and missing subtitles bug is completely fixed.
  • It supports accelerated video decoding up-to 4K for both H264 & HEVC video files.
  • Most credits go to @OverSun for the current state of hardware acceleration.
You could also make use of the Vanilla section in documentation to install desktop environments and configure OS with more detailed information for the pure Debian images in particular.

Download for C2
ODROBIAN Jessie is available in flavors that you can choose from:
  • Desktop (MATE) - Not Yet for C2
  • Vanilla (PURE) - 64bit/arm64-based
  • Vanilla (PURE) - 32bit/armhf-based
Just download your desired edition directly from our repository:
http://oph.mdrjr.net/odrobian/images/

ODROID C2 (SOC) = "s905"

My desktop image will be available soon, hopefully we can get KODI and Mali-x11 to work by that time. Photo attached below is the result of installing MATE desktop environment, it's the moment when I was compiling the very first odrobian Linux kernel natively on the device with max CPU load. Have fun guys!
Attachments
ODROBIAN Jessie.png
Last edited by XeoSal on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 15 times in total.

chlorisdroid
languages_spoken: english,german,netherlands
ODROIDs: c1,c1+, c2, hifi-shield

Re: ODROBIAN Jessie (64bit)

Unread post by chlorisdroid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:33 am

Is it possible to load the alsa module

sudo modprobe snd-seq
with odrobian jessie and get access to them in device tree, e.g.

/dev/snd/seq
Can't get it working with stock image. Recompiled the kernel and enabled alsa sequenzer module. It is possible to load it with the above command but no device node is created as
ls /dev/snd/seq simply shows up nothing.

Update: got it running now.
Quae volumus, credimus libenter.

shepo
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-XU4, Odroid-C2

Unread post by shepo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Looking forward to having play

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:09 pm

I tried my best to compile a version of chromium browser for ARM64 but I just failed, I think it's almost impossible at the momment to compile one from the current source code available, every varriable is configured for armhf. However, if we just run the 32bit version on our 64bit system then it should give almost the exact same experience and performane so the question is WHY NOT?

Chromium Browser 32bit for C2 on ODROBIAN
Well, I think this is the fastest and easiest way to enjoy such a great web surfing experience on our ODROID-C2 for the time being and it will boast the development process a little bit, according to my experience it's working very fast, stable (never crashes) and responsive just as reliable as if it was running on an armhf based system.

You can enjoy desktop web browsing experience similar to that on ODROID-XU4 even without any accelerations available.

Add Armhf Architecure
First, you have to include the armhf architecture into your dpkg:

odroid64:$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
odroid64:$ sudo apt-get update
Installation
My repository already has a version of chromium browser for armhf:

odroid64:$ sudo apt-get install chromium-browser-odrobian:armhf libexif12:armhf gtk2-engines-murrine:armhf gtk2-engines-pixbuf:armhf libudev1:armhf
Make sure you have a desktop environment already installed of course, attachment has a picture of chromium running on odrobian with MATE Desktop Environment.

Official Ubuntu
The Xenial repository armhf branch already has a version of chromium browser there however, it's just not working properly on current ubuntu 64bit image even if I use the version from my repository. I guess we will get a version of chromium browser for arm64 anyways in the near future.

The best result I could get is just successfully executing it along with the graphical user interface but it couldn't display anything inside the page window with a couple of serious errors shown in console.
Attachments
ODROBIAN-chromium-C2.png

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1

Unread post by crashoverride » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:02 am

Since we are experimenting, @XeoSal have you considered just making a Jessie 32bit version? It should run on the 64bit kernel and would provide a stepping stone till other 64bit issues get ironed out.

[Edit]
This may actually be the optimal configuration. A 64bit kernel with a 32bit userland would still benefit from the faster clockspeed and speculative branching in the A53 chips. It would reduce memory bandwidth since pointer and registers are half the size. Additionally, it would still allow 64bit apps to run (arm64 would be the foreign architecture instead of armhf).
Last edited by crashoverride on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

olihey
ODROIDs: C2

Unread post by olihey » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:16 am

Is there something wrong with the kernel modules?
I tried to mount a BTRFS partition but I can't get the btrfs.ko to load?!?

root@s95:~# file /lib/modules/3.14.29-10-odrobian+/kernel/fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko 
/lib/modules/3.14.29-10-odrobian+/kernel/fs/btrfs/btrfs.ko: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), BuildID[sha1]=1a1226ede3e7019b7fb632bd95ee67df0aa18ab0, not stripped
root@s95:~# modprobe btrfs
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:557 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/3.14.29-18/modules.dep.bin'
root@s95:~# mount -t btrfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/data
mount: unknown filesystem type 'btrfs'

gkkpch
languages_spoken: english, dutch, german
ODROIDs: Odroid-C1+, Odroid-C1+ HiFi shield, Odroid-C1, Odroid-X2

Unread post by gkkpch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:53 am

are you sure you don't have module and kernel versions mixed up?

And please don't hijack these threads for experiments with other non-HK hardware.
This is all about C2, you are waisting our time otherwise.

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:41 pm

crashoverride wrote:Since we are experimenting, @XeoSal have you considered just making a Jessie 32bit version? It should run on the 64bit kernel and would provide a stepping stone till other 64bit issues get ironed out.

[Edit]
This may actually be the optimal configuration. A 64bit kernel with a 32bit userland would still benefit from the faster clockspeed and speculative branching in the A53 chips. It would reduce memory bandwidth since pointer and registers are half the size. Additionally, it would still allow 64bit apps to run (arm64 would be the foreign architecture instead of armhf).
I have just de-bootstrapped a pure Debian 8.3 (Jessie) armhf (32bit) rootfs and it's now running with the Linux Kernel 64bit we have and I booted successfully, your idea is so nice for compatibility and it's going to be a plus for many users, I am releasing the image for "Jessie~crashoverride" edition in no time. I will prepare ARM64 as a foreign architecture by default though as you said. Stay tuned!

P.S. Got some trouble getting initramfs tools to generate uInitrd for arch64 on boot partition and it consumed a lot of my time however, I finally figured it out so everything is perfect, this is going to get updates for kernels using the same arm64 packages from my repository, uploading at the moment. :D
Last edited by XeoSal on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crashoverride

Unread post by crashoverride » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:09 pm

I look forward to testing it.

We are also going to need a 32bit version of libMali for fbdev and X11 when available. That is something only HardKernel can provide. The amlogic codec support library (aml_libs) will also need to be provided, but those should be open source.

odroid
Site Admin
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:56 pm

The user-land libMali seems to have very heavy dependency to the Kernel-land driver.
So we need to study the feasibility once we obtain the 64bit Mali-4xx X11 DDK license in March.

gkkpch
languages_spoken: english, dutch, german
ODROIDs: Odroid-C1+, Odroid-C1+ HiFi shield, Odroid-C1, Odroid-X2

Unread post by gkkpch » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Ok, I will follow the "32bit armhf on top of arm64 kernel" path too for Volumio until all arm64 packages are available.
Seems like a good idea to save time.

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:30 pm

crashoverride wrote:I look forward to testing it.

We are also going to need a 32bit version of libMali for fbdev and X11 when available. That is something only HardKernel can provide. The amlogic codec support library (aml_libs) will also need to be provided, but those should be open source.
gkkpch wrote:Ok, I will follow the "32bit armhf on top of arm64 kernel" path too for Volumio until all arm64 packages are available.
Seems like a good idea to save time.
The hybrid (kernel64/debian32) image is now also available for download on my repository, some changes are made to the main post to clarify things for other users.

@crashoverride waiting for your feedback and any suggestions you think I should apply to the base image by default.

P.S. what you are looking for is definitely working as expected on the new hybrid image buddy, I just installed a desktop environment through "tasksel" then I was able to install and execute Chromium Browser just by doing this:

odroid32:$ sudo apt-get install chromium-browser-odrobian
My final thoughts, for those guys looking for the most stable experience in a Debian system running on ODROID-C2 with the maturity of ARMHF then the kernel64/debian32 version is your first choice. By the way, I am writing this post scriptum through the chromium browser I am running on that system. :D

crashoverride

Unread post by crashoverride » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:00 am

I noticed that the console cursor is missing. There are two possible solutions I know of to this:
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 758#p83076
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8389

I can install the Debian 8 version of Mono (3.x), but its of no use since its has severe bugs related to floating point on arm32. This means I need to install the project provided version (4.x)
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/gettin ... erivatives
[Edit]
The above does work on C1's Ubuntu 14.04.

That is where everything falls apart. apt-get complains that it cant install because packages are broken/held back. My next attempt was to remove the arm64 foreign architecture completely and try again, but its in use and can not be removed.

bootini:arm64* fbset:arm64* gcc-4.9-base:arm64* libc6:arm64* libgcc1:arm64*
  linux-image-3.14.29-10-odrobian+:arm64* linux-image-odrobian-s905:arm64*
  u-boot-tools:arm64*
I am not familiar enough with apt-get packaging internals to say where the problem lies. I would prefer to use the packaged version of mono. However, if that is not possible, I can always build it from source.

[edit 2]
Sudo also does not appear to be setup in the image. This is normal for Debian, but the command line examples in prior posts indicate the use of sudo.
Last edited by crashoverride on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

crashoverride

Unread post by crashoverride » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:30 am

Results from UnixBench

#    #  #    #  #  #    #          #####   ######  #    #   ####   #    #
   #    #  ##   #  #   #  #           #    #  #       ##   #  #    #  #    #
   #    #  # #  #  #    ##            #####   #####   # #  #  #       ######
   #    #  #  # #  #    ##            #    #  #       #  # #  #       #    #
   #    #  #   ##  #   #  #           #    #  #       #   ##  #    #  #    #
    ####   #    #  #  #    #          #####   ######  #    #   ####   #    #

Version 5.1.3                      Based on the Byte Magazine Unix Benchmark

Multi-CPU version                  Version 5 revisions by Ian Smith,
                                      Sunnyvale, CA, USA
   January 13, 2011                   johantheghost at yahoo period com

1 x Dhrystone 2 using register variables  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 x Double-Precision Whetstone  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 x Execl Throughput  1 2 3

1 x File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks  1 2 3

1 x File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks  1 2 3

1 x File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks  1 2 3

1 x Pipe Throughput  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 x Pipe-based Context Switching  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 x Process Creation  1 2 3

1 x System Call Overhead  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 x Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)  1 2 3

1 x Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)  1 2 3

========================================================================
   BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 5.1.3)

System: odroid32: GNU/Linux
   OS: GNU/Linux -- 3.14.29-10-odrobian+ -- #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 6 14:58:32 MST 2016
   Machine: aarch64 (unknown)
   Language: en_US.utf8 (charmap="UTF-8", collate="UTF-8")
   15:54:23 up  3:16,  2 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.91, 0.58; runlevel

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benchmark Run: Thu Feb 11 2016 15:54:23 - 16:22:43
0 CPUs in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests

Dhrystone 2 using register variables        5378775.0 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Double-Precision Whetstone                      908.1 MWIPS (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Execl Throughput                               1684.4 lps   (29.9 s, 2 samples)
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks        174924.5 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks           53645.8 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks        435287.6 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
Pipe Throughput                              414321.9 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Pipe-based Context Switching                  74193.8 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Process Creation                               4497.8 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples)
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                   2815.6 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                    885.2 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
System Call Overhead                         910723.8 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)

System Benchmarks Index Values               BASELINE       RESULT    INDEX
Dhrystone 2 using register variables         116700.0    5378775.0    460.9
Double-Precision Whetstone                       55.0        908.1    165.1
Execl Throughput                                 43.0       1684.4    391.7
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks          3960.0     174924.5    441.7
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks            1655.0      53645.8    324.1
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks          5800.0     435287.6    750.5
Pipe Throughput                               12440.0     414321.9    333.1
Pipe-based Context Switching                   4000.0      74193.8    185.5
Process Creation                                126.0       4497.8    357.0
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                     42.4       2815.6    664.1
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                      6.0        885.2   1475.3
System Call Overhead                          15000.0     910723.8    607.1
                                                                   ========
System Benchmarks Index Score                                         431.8

Of particular interest is "0 CPUs in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests"

The test was performed on a class 6 sd card, so the file copy results are not of interest to me. "System Call Overhead" is one that I would like to compare against a pure 64bit system. I am interested in whether there is a penalty for transitioning the processor from 32bit to 64bit over 64bit to 64bit syscalls.

odroid
Site Admin
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:44 am

@crashoverride,
Can you run the Unixbnech again with "-c 4" option?
I have only the result of 4-cpu test on our Ubuntu-64 image.

System: odroid64: GNU/Linux                                                  
   OS: GNU/Linux -- 3.14.29-15 -- #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Feb 1 20:36:21 BRST 2016   
   Machine: aarch64 (aarch64)                                                   
   23:01:35 up 25 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.62, 0.75, 0.62; runlevel 5     

Benchmark Run: Tue Feb 02 2016 23:01:35 - 23:29:37                              
0 CPUs in system; running 4 parallel copies of tests                            

Dhrystone 2 using register variables       32245266.8 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples) 
Double-Precision Whetstone                     5504.6 MWIPS (10.1 s, 7 samples) 
Execl Throughput                               3811.1 lps   (29.9 s, 2 samples) 
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks        438723.0 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples) 
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks          126671.5 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples) 
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks       1009356.2 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples) 
Pipe Throughput                             1761533.4 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples) 
Pipe-based Context Switching                 282105.2 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples) 
Process Creation                               9091.4 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples) 
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                   6688.3 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples) 
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                    952.9 lpm   (60.1 s, 2 samples) 
System Call Overhead                        3706790.9 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples) 

Dhrystone 2 using register variables         116700.0   32245266.8   2763.1     
Double-Precision Whetstone                       55.0       5504.6   1000.8     
Execl Throughput                                 43.0       3811.1    886.3     
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks          3960.0     438723.0   1107.9     
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks            1655.0     126671.5    765.4     
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks          5800.0    1009356.2   1740.3     
Pipe Throughput                               12440.0    1761533.4   1416.0     
Pipe-based Context Switching                   4000.0     282105.2    705.3     
Process Creation                                126.0       9091.4    721.5     
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                     42.4       6688.3   1577.4     
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                      6.0        952.9   1588.2     
System Call Overhead                          15000.0    3706790.9   2471.2     
                                                                   ========     
System Benchmarks Index Score                                        1260.8

crashoverride

Unread post by crashoverride » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:31 am

odroid wrote:Can you run the Unixbnech again with "-c 4" option?
Here are the results:

#    #  #    #  #  #    #          #####   ######  #    #   ####   #    #
   #    #  ##   #  #   #  #           #    #  #       ##   #  #    #  #    #
   #    #  # #  #  #    ##            #####   #####   # #  #  #       ######
   #    #  #  # #  #    ##            #    #  #       #  # #  #       #    #
   #    #  #   ##  #   #  #           #    #  #       #   ##  #    #  #    #
    ####   #    #  #  #    #          #####   ######  #    #   ####   #    #

Version 5.1.3                      Based on the Byte Magazine Unix Benchmark

Multi-CPU version                  Version 5 revisions by Ian Smith,
                                      Sunnyvale, CA, USA
   January 13, 2011                   johantheghost at yahoo period com

4 x Dhrystone 2 using register variables  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

4 x Double-Precision Whetstone  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

4 x Execl Throughput  1 2 3

4 x File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks  1 2 3

4 x File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks  1 2 3

4 x File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks  1 2 3

4 x Pipe Throughput  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

4 x Pipe-based Context Switching  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

4 x Process Creation  1 2 3

4 x System Call Overhead  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

4 x Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)  1 2 3

4 x Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)  1 2 3

System: odroid32: GNU/Linux
   OS: GNU/Linux -- 3.14.29-10-odrobian+ -- #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Feb 6 14:58:32 MST 2016
   Machine: aarch64 (unknown)
   18:00:52 up  5:22,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05; runlevel

Benchmark Run: Thu Feb 11 2016 18:00:52 - 18:30:15
0 CPUs in system; running 4 parallel copies of tests

Dhrystone 2 using register variables       21234544.2 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Double-Precision Whetstone                     3598.5 MWIPS (9.9 s, 7 samples)
Execl Throughput                               4419.1 lps   (29.9 s, 2 samples)
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks        303155.0 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks           85091.3 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks        828262.4 KBps  (30.0 s, 2 samples)
Pipe Throughput                             1630432.6 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Pipe-based Context Switching                 284666.8 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)
Process Creation                              10090.6 lps   (30.0 s, 2 samples)
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                   6927.8 lpm   (60.0 s, 2 samples)
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                    995.9 lpm   (60.1 s, 2 samples)
System Call Overhead                        3462649.9 lps   (10.0 s, 7 samples)

Dhrystone 2 using register variables         116700.0   21234544.2   1819.6
Double-Precision Whetstone                       55.0       3598.5    654.3
Execl Throughput                                 43.0       4419.1   1027.7
File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks          3960.0     303155.0    765.5
File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks            1655.0      85091.3    514.1
File Copy 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks          5800.0     828262.4   1428.0
Pipe Throughput                               12440.0    1630432.6   1310.6
Pipe-based Context Switching                   4000.0     284666.8    711.7
Process Creation                                126.0      10090.6    800.8
Shell Scripts (1 concurrent)                     42.4       6927.8   1633.9
Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)                      6.0        995.9   1659.9
System Call Overhead                          15000.0    3462649.9   2308.4
                                                                   ========
System Benchmarks Index Score                                        1102.2

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 pm

@crashoverride I will try your solution for console cursor by adding these configurations to the kernel, you can remove all arm64 packages if you just install the kernel along with the booting scripts manually by hand. Regarding the "sudo" yes I didn't pre-configure it and I may re-upload both images with it configured already however, as reference for other people this is how you guys can set it up:

First, installing the package:

# apt-get install sudo
Second, adding the regular "odroid" user to the sudoers group:

# usermod -aG sudo odroid
@odroid I may post benchmarks for the regular 64bit system soon.

mlinuxguy
ODROIDs: X, X2, XU, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2, N1, USB-IO

Unread post by mlinuxguy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:40 pm

crashoverride wrote: Of particular interest is "0 CPUs in system; running 1 parallel copy of tests"

The test was performed on a class 6 sd card, so the file copy results are not of interest to me. "System Call Overhead" is one that I would like to compare against a pure 64bit system. I am interested in whether there is a penalty for transitioning the processor from 32bit to 64bit over 64bit to 64bit syscalls.
In my perusal of the upstream arm64 patch sets from linux-next I ran across quite a few patches relating to 32-bit compatibility, possibly some performance related ones.
I did not care at the time about 32-bit codebase so ignored them...

I would suggest going to:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kerne ... t-20160219
put in the search field: arm64 and work your way backwards towards our released codebase (early to mid-2014)
Note: search within each page of results for: compat

samples:

arm64: Fix compat register mappings
mtd: provide proper 32/64-bit compat_ioctl() support for BLKPG
arm64: Better native ptrace support for compat tasks
arm64: compat: print compat_sp instead of sp
arm64: context-switch user tls register tpidr_el0 for compat tasks

crashoverride

Unread post by crashoverride » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:07 pm

In a related followup to getting mono working and for the benefit of anyone searching on this term in forum:
Microsoft has announced its intent to purchase Xamarin, the owners of mono. We will need to wait and see what their plans are and if they choose to open source the arm 64bit support code or not.

encore2097

Unread post by encore2097 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Whats the status with 2D, 3D and VPU acceleration?

AMLogic generally releases Linux sources so we can make it fully supported.

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:17 pm

encore2097 wrote:Whats the status with 2D, 3D and VPU acceleration?

AMLogic generally releases Linux sources so we can make it fully supported.
The 3D and VPU acceleration are things HardKernel can promise to offer, I have no doubt we will get this in no time, but for 2D and other device drivers we need help from AMLogc, anyways the guy behind kernel development is @mdrjr with some great help from expert community members like @crashoverride and the others.

kultex
ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Unread post by kultex » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 am

The C2 looks great - may I have a dream - !! to add a OSC Media Player !! - it would be the perfect device.

the best would be Hplayer - https://github.com/Hemisphere-Project/HPlayer - I know, it was developed for the PI and Source is at the moment broken

what for? - http://troikatronix.com/troikatronixfor ... ment_15124

and it must not be Hplayer - maybe you can make VLC or Mplayer OSC ready...... it would be so much better than the PI

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Unread post by mad_ady » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:41 pm

@XeoSal: I hope I'm not too offtopic, but could you advise us Ubuntu users about the following things?

1. Is Debian Jesse 8.3 somewhat similar to Ubuntu 14.04 in terms of package versions? Or is it closer to more recent Ubuntu versions? I know it's debian stable and they don't tend to get very new features in their packages, but how do they compare for applications that change frequently (such as Firefox/Thunderbird)? What about Open Office/Libre Office?

2. If I were to install now a 32bit system for compatibility sake, could it be converted later to a 64bit system? I did this with Ubuntu when I migrated my work PC from 32bits to 64bits and it involved installing a 64bit kernel (which is already included by you), getting debootstrap to install a 64bit base system and then booting into that system and uninstalling all 32bit packages and reinstalling the 64bit variants. Instructions here: http://www.ewan.cc/?q=node/132. Would something like this be possible with your distro later on (so that we don't have to reinstall from zero)?

3. Is it possible to upgrade to newer versions of Debian later on? It seems Ubuntu dist-upgrades aren't doing so well...

Thanks

nobe
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2

Unread post by nobe » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:20 pm

@XeoSal

Is there something that prevents you from changing the boot partition UUID ?
If not, it would be nice if you could do it in your future releases.

What i try to do is simple : i want to permanentely have the emmc module and a uSD card connected to the C2.
- your debian-based OS is in emmc module
- HK ubuntu-based OS is in SD card

Since emmc has priority, my next step is to find a way to boot from the sdcard (well i still need to read many things and this part is off topic anyway)

Now here is the problem i just saw : the eMMC boot partition has the same uuid than the uSD boot partition.
And when i booted emmc, it was the boot partition from SD card that was mounted.

root@odroid64:~# blkid 
/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="0966-01D4" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="d3630000-01"
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="jessie" UUID="7e213d9c-bb2c-474a-a255-1aadaea42f1d" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d3630000-02"
/dev/mmcblk1p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="0966-01D4" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="d3630000-01"
/dev/mmcblk1p2: LABEL="rootfs" UUID="e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="d3630000-02"
/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="d3630000" PTTYPE="dos"
/dev/mmcblk1: PTUUID="d3630000" PTTYPE="dos"

root@odroid64:~# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mmcblk0p2  7.1G  994M  6.1G  14% /
udev             10M     0   10M   0% /dev
tmpfs           344M   10M  334M   3% /run
tmpfs           860M     0  860M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           860M     0  860M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk1p1  128M   21M  108M  16% /media/boot
tmpfs           172M     0  172M   0% /run/user/0

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:22 pm

mad_ady wrote:@XeoSal: I hope I'm not too offtopic, but could you advise us Ubuntu users about the following things?

1. Is Debian Jesse 8.3 somewhat similar to Ubuntu 14.04 in terms of package versions? Or is it closer to more recent Ubuntu versions? I know it's debian stable and they don't tend to get very new features in their packages, but how do they compare for applications that change frequently (such as Firefox/Thunderbird)? What about Open Office/Libre Office?
Hey buddy! :)
In fact, Debian Jessie has much newer software than Ubuntu 14.04 LTS which is very OLD that's still using upstart init for example instead of systemd and other old packages like initramfs/u-boot-tools without support for arm64, while the official Ubuntu 16.04 LTS has newer software, it's still nowhere to be compared with the stability and reliability of Jessie at the moment. In my opinion, Ubuntu Xenial especially for ARM64 has still a very long way to achieve a condition that we can call stable.

It's actually should be known this way although Vivid/Wily had really great new software based on Jessie itself, Ubuntu LTS specifically is catching up with Debian with their new Xenial release including even newer packages. Occasionally, when security team finishes the job, Debian 8 will be supported by the LTS team for very long, if I recall right you guys will be supported officially by Debian till 2019 or around 2020.

Regarding applications, Debian is actually about NOT changing frequently, I think this is not something to worry about at all, both Debian/Ubuntu projects has some back-porting branches on the repository. In our case, we also have our own repository branch for back-porting important applications when necessary for our ODROIDs, simply software life doesn't really matter.

Alternatively, You can always take your desired bleeding edge software from Debian "sid" or "testing" branches, or just compile what you want while I personally provide packages on our repository involving such new applications that I/YOU guys like. When it comes to applications like (FireFox/ThunderBird/LibreOffice/etc), the fact that Ubuntu Xenial will always have much newer versions by default on their official repository won't change.
mad_ady wrote: 2. If I were to install now a 32bit system for compatibility sake, could it be converted later to a 64bit system? I did this with Ubuntu when I migrated my work PC from 32bits to 64bits and it involved installing a 64bit kernel (which is already included by you), getting debootstrap to install a 64bit base system and then booting into that system and uninstalling all 32bit packages and reinstalling the 64bit variants. Instructions here: http://www.ewan.cc/?q=node/132. Would something like this be possible with your distro later on (so that we don't have to reinstall from zero)?
Yes, as you stated in your example it's possible however it requires some skills which hopefully new users won't lack, you can always follow instructions from official Debian sources like their wiki:
https://wiki.debian.org/Migrate32To64Bit

It's simply Debian so it should work normally if you change variables in previous examples to "armhf" and "arm64", I am doing my best to not touch anything that's originally set-up by the official team, except for things that are related/required for our ODROIDs. We can still make a guide that's more specific to our case on ODROIDs when the time comes!
mad_ady wrote: 3. Is it possible to upgrade to newer versions of Debian later on? It seems Ubuntu dist-upgrades aren't doing so well...

Thanks
You guys can update to all upcoming versions of Debian starting from 8.4 all the way along to 8.9 very smoothly, with just using the simple instructions known on every Debian/Ubuntu system:

# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
This is very safe and won't make any trouble for anybody because these Debian releases will only involve some updates to the main packages. Also, you should be able to upgrade your Jessie to the newer Stretch release when it comes out in the future by just changing the "apt-lists" variables and issuing the same commands above, but it may cost you some trouble.
nobe wrote:@XeoSal

What i try to do is simple : i want to permanentely have the emmc module and a uSD card connected to the C2.
- your debian-based OS is in emmc module
- HK ubuntu-based OS is in SD card

Since emmc has priority, my next step is to find a way to boot from the sdcard (well i still need to read many things and this part is off topic anyway)

Now here is the problem i just saw : the eMMC boot partition has the same uuid than the uSD boot partition.
And when i booted emmc, it was the boot partition from SD card that was mounted.
Hey my friend,
Your note is on my to-do-list. I have a plan for version 2.1 when Mali-X11 and Kodi support arrives. :)

edolnx
ODROIDs: ODROID-C2, ODROID-C1, ODROID-HC1

Unread post by edolnx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:56 am

Thanks for all the great work XeoSal! I was trying to figure out how the bootloader works, I need to put some additional flags on the kernel command line. I specifically need to add the option "cgroup-enable=memory" to make LXC containers via libvirt correctly. I could not find any scripts that define how u-boot is kicking off. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:44 pm

@XeoSal: your firmware is missing /lib/firmware/rt2870.bin, which is needed by Wifi Module 0 and Module 4. I'm on Odrobian~crashoverride edition and I copied the file from a C1 running Ubuntu 14.04 and wifi started to work. Maybe it's non-free so it's not included in stock debian? It should have been generated during the kernel compilation though (make firmware_install)...

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:59 am

mad_ady wrote:@XeoSal: your firmware is missing /lib/firmware/rt2870.bin, which is needed by Wifi Module 0 and Module 4. I'm on Odrobian~crashoverride edition and I copied the file from a C1 running Ubuntu 14.04 and wifi started to work. Maybe it's non-free so it's not included in stock debian? It should have been generated during the kernel compilation though (make firmware_install)...
Our image comes with three firmware packages installed by default:
  • firmware-linux
    • firmware-linux-free
    • firmware-linux-nonfree
  • firmware-realtek
I have stated these information on our repository doc:
http://oph.mdrjr.net/odrobian/doc/configuration.html

It seems that Wifi module 0/4 are ralink based devices, meaning you have to install "firmware-ralink" additionally to get them working, no need for taking anything from outside. I have just tested and "rt2870.bin" is a part of the Ralink fimware package, indeed.

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:51 am

Sorry, thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure if firmware files came with the kernel or from the distro.

stmicro
languages_spoken: english, chinese
ODROIDs: Many Odroids and Rpis.

Unread post by stmicro » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Great image. It works well on my C2 boards. Thank you so much.
Would you please try to build an Aarch64 compatible Chromium browser? The arch-linux guys might fix the problem. https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... 2beb3aa597

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:36 pm

mad_ady wrote:Sorry, thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure if firmware files came with the kernel or from the distro.
It's fine my friend, I also wasn't sure about from where this particular file is provided till I checked with a further look. Thank you for feedback.
stmicro wrote:Great image. It works well on my C2 boards. Thank you so much.
Would you please try to build an Aarch64 compatible Chromium browser? The arch-linux guys might fix the problem. https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... 2beb3aa597
Hey buddy, I tried compiling once again through these valuable information, unfortunately we can't use the source code provided directly from chromium, there's something called Google API Keys for example and other configurations specific to Debian/Ubuntu, so I used the source code provided by Ubuntu associated with the settings used by ArchLinux, I could definitely make more progress than what was possible before this, but it's just not possible.

Chromium project needs to fix a lot of code for ARM64 compatibility, during compilation I myself fixed some till I gave up, I am waiting for a new chromium version to be released by UBUNTU team, hopefully the situation will improve. You are welcome. ;)

Work-in-progress;
  • Improve ODROBIAN-hook support for C2
  • Push a new kernel upgrade by today from (10-odrobian) to (13-odrobian)
  • Provide hardware accelerated Kodi for this OS likewise my release for UBUNTU
  • Release desktop/vanilla images as version 2.1 when everything from HardKernel side is working perfectly.

lsvg

Re: ODROBIAN Jessie (64bit) & (32bit)

Unread post by lsvg » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:51 am

Hi,

could you also add console cursor which is still missing? :)

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 am

lsvg wrote:Hi,

could you also add console cursor which is still missing? :)
I have just pushed a new kernel with the cursor fix by @crashoverride along with support for CEC, Kodi fix for subtitles, change default color mode 24bpp to support kodi so everything is now working right out of the box upon updating software/kernel using ODROBIAN-hook utilities (oh-utils), or the natural way for Debian/ubuntu systems with apt-get as stated in ODROBIAN documentation.

Get ODROBIAN-hook
In console/terminal send this command:

Install ODROBIAN-hook:

Run the tool as GUI:
After that you should see this:

You have to make a full system upgrade by choosing option number "2" from the menu. After that, go ahead and reboot your system to take effect through option number "15" then you can install a desktop environment along with Kodi.

Install Desktop Environment:
odroid64:# tasksel

Install Kodi with hardware acceleration:
odroid64:# apt-get install kodi-odrobian-fbdev
Remarks
So things are all changed and improved with this new kernel version (14-odrobian) you have to keep this in mind.
  • It's now completely fine to run Kodi upon an X desktop session layer.
  • The missing software cursor in console is now available.
  • The missing CEC option/functionality is now enabled by default.
  • All "udev" rules are updated correctly to fix AMLogic devices permissions.
  • Color depth mode is now set to 24bpp till HardKernel provide a better fix for Alpha channel.
  • Screen freezing during Kodi video playback andm issing subtitles bug is completely fixed.
  • To assure you have all these in your system as I told you guys get latest updates/software.
  • It supports accelerated video decoding up-to 4K for both H264 & HEVC video files.
P.S. First post has been updated anyways. :D

mad_ady

Unread post by mad_ady » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:46 pm

I know that Odrobian 32bit doesn't support kodi just yet, but since it's multiarch enabled I thought I'd install the 64bit kodi version and its dependencies in paralel to the 32bit code. This is what I tried:

root@bellatrix:~# apt-get install kodi-odrobian-fbdev:arm64 libcdio13:arm64 libsmbclient:arm64 mali-fbdev:arm64 samba-libs:arm64 python-talloc:arm64 python:arm64 python:arm64 python2.7:arm64 python-minimal:arm64
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  apt-file ca-certificates-java coinor-libcbc3 coinor-libcgl1 coinor-libclp1 coinor-libcoinmp1 coinor-libcoinutils3 coinor-libosi1 cups-client cups-pk-helper default-jre default-jre-headless dh-python
  dns-root-data dnsmasq-base espeak-data firebird2.5-common firebird2.5-common-doc firebird2.5-server-common fonts-dejavu fonts-dejavu-extra fonts-opensymbol fonts-sil-gentium fonts-sil-gentium-basic
  freepats gdebi-core gir1.2-appindicator3-0.1 gir1.2-atspi-2.0 gir1.2-gconf-2.0 gir1.2-gnomekeyring-1.0 gir1.2-keybinder-3.0 gir1.2-notify-0.7 gir1.2-packagekitglib-1.0 gir1.2-wnck-3.0
  gnome-accessibility-themes gnome-orca gnome-themes-standard gnome-themes-standard-data hyphen-en-us icedtea-7-jre-jamvm iputils-arping java-common javascript-common libabw-0.1-1 libao-common libao4
  libappindicator3-1 libapt-pkg-perl libatk-adaptor libatk-wrapper-java libatk-wrapper-java-jni libboost-date-time1.55.0 libboost-system1.55.0 libbrlapi0.6 libcdr-0.1-1 libclucene-contribs1
  libclucene-core1 libcmis-0.4-4 libconfig-file-perl libdbusmenu-glib4 libdbusmenu-gtk3-4 libdiscid0 libdotconf0 libe-book-0.1-1 libelfg0 libeot0 libespeak1 libetonyek-0.1-1 libexttextcat-2.0-0
  libexttextcat-data libfbclient2 libfbembed2.5 libflite1 libfluidsynth1 libfreehand-0.1-1 libgail-common libgail18 libgconf2-4 libglew1.10 libglib2.0-bin libgltf-0.0-0 libgme0 libgnome2-0 libgpod-common
  libgpod4 libgsl0ldbl libgtkglext1 libhsqldb1.8.0-java libhyphen0 libindicator3-7 libjs-jquery libjs-sphinxdoc libjs-underscore libkeybinder-3.0-0 liblangtag-common liblangtag1 liblightdm-gobject-1-0
  liblist-moreutils-perl liblouis-data liblouis2 libmhash2 libmimic0 libmms0 libmpdec2 libmpg123-0 libmspub-0.1-1 libmwaw-0.3-3 libmythes-1.2-0 libndp0 libnetfilter-conntrack3 libnm-glib-vpn1 libnm-glib4
  libnm-gtk-common libnm-gtk0 libnm-util2 libodfgen-0.1-1 libofa0 libopenal-data libopenal1 libopencore-amrnb0 libopencore-amrwb0 libopencv-calib3d2.4 libopencv-contrib2.4 libopencv-features2d2.4
  libopencv-flann2.4 libopencv-highgui2.4 libopencv-legacy2.4 libopencv-ml2.4 libopencv-objdetect2.4 libopencv-video2.4 liborcus-0.8-0 libpackagekit-glib2-18 libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpython3-stdlib
  libpython3.4 libpython3.4-minimal libpython3.4-stdlib libqt4-dbus libqt4-xml libqtdbus4 libraptor2-0 librasqal3 librdf0 libregexp-assemble-perl libreoffice libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer
  libreoffice-base libreoffice-base-core libreoffice-base-drivers libreoffice-calc libreoffice-common libreoffice-core libreoffice-draw libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-help-en-us libreoffice-impress
  libreoffice-java-common libreoffice-math libreoffice-report-builder-bin libreoffice-sdbc-firebird libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb libreoffice-style-galaxy libreoffice-style-tango libreoffice-writer
  librevenge-0.0-0 libsbc1 libsctp1 libsgutils2-2 libsidplay1 libsonic0 libsoundtouch0 libspandsp2 libspeechd2 libsrtp0 libteamdctl0 libtidy-0.99-0 libvisio-0.1-1 libvo-aacenc0 libvo-amrwbenc0 libwebcam0
  libwildmidi-config libwildmidi1 libwnck-3-0 libwnck-3-common libwpd-0.10-10 libwpg-0.3-3 libwps-0.3-3 libyajl2 libzbar0 lightdm lightdm-gtk-greeter lksctp-tools lp-solve media-player-info
  mobile-broadband-provider-info mythes-en-us network-manager network-manager-gnome openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless packagekit packagekit-tools python-apt-common python-keyring python-pkg-resources
  python3 python3-apt python3-brlapi python3-cairo python3-chardet python3-debian python3-gi python3-louis python3-minimal python3-pkg-resources python3-pyatspi python3-six python3-speechd python3-uno
  python3-xdg python3.4 python3.4-minimal qdbus qt-at-spi qtchooser screen speech-dispatcher speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins tmux tzdata-java uno-libs3 ure uvcdynctrl uvcdynctrl-data xbrlapi xsane
  xsane-common
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
  aml-libs:arm64 krb5-locales libacl1:arm64 libasn1-8-heimdal:arm64 libasound2:arm64 libasyncns0:arm64 libattr1:arm64 libaudit1:arm64 libavahi-client3:arm64 libavahi-common-data:arm64
  libavahi-common3:arm64 libavcodec56:arm64 libavfilter5:arm64 libavformat56:arm64 libavresample2:arm64 libavutil54:arm64 libbluetooth3:arm64 libbsd0:arm64 libbz2-1.0:arm64 libcap2:arm64 libcomerr2:arm64
  libcups2:arm64 libcurl3:arm64 libcurl3-gnutls:arm64 libdb5.3:arm64 libdbus-1-3:arm64 libdrm-nouveau2:arm64 libdrm-radeon1:arm64 libdrm2:arm64 libexpat1:arm64 libffi6:arm64 libflac8:arm64
  libfreetype6:arm64 libfribidi0:arm64 libgcrypt20:arm64 libgl1-mesa-dri:arm64 libgl1-mesa-glx:arm64 libglapi-mesa:arm64 libglu1-mesa:arm64 libgmp10:arm64 libgnutls-deb0-28:arm64 libgpg-error0:arm64
  libgpm2:arm64 libgsm1:arm64 libgssapi-krb5-2:arm64 libgssapi3-heimdal:arm64 libhcrypto4-heimdal:arm64 libheimbase1-heimdal:arm64 libheimntlm0-heimdal:arm64 libhogweed2:arm64 libhx509-5-heimdal:arm64
  libice6:arm64 libidn11:arm64 libjasper1:arm64 libjbig0:arm64 libjpeg62-turbo:arm64 libjson-c2:arm64 libk5crypto3:arm64 libkeyutils1:arm64 libkrb5-26-heimdal:arm64 libkrb5-3:arm64 libkrb5support0:arm64
  libldap-2.4-2:arm64 libldb1:arm64 liblzma5:arm64 liblzo2-2:arm64 libmicrohttpd10:arm64 libmp3lame0:arm64 libmysqlclient18:arm64 libncursesw5:arm64 libnettle4:arm64 libntdb1:arm64 libogg0:arm64
  libopencv-core2.4:arm64 libopencv-imgproc2.4:arm64 libopenjpeg5:arm64 libopus0:arm64 liborc-0.4-0:arm64 libp11-kit0:arm64 libpam0g:arm64 libpcre3:arm64 libpcrecpp0:arm64 libpng12-0:arm64 libpopt0:arm64
  libpulse0:arm64 libpython-stdlib:arm64 libpython2.7:arm64 libpython2.7-minimal:arm64 libpython2.7-stdlib:arm64 libreadline6:arm64 libroken18-heimdal:arm64 librtmp1:arm64 libsasl2-2:arm64
  libsasl2-modules:arm64 libsasl2-modules-db:arm64 libschroedinger-1.0-0:arm64 libsm6:arm64 libsndfile1:arm64 libspeex1:arm64 libsqlite3-0:arm64 libssh-4:arm64 libssh2-1:arm64 libssl1.0.0:arm64
  libstdc++6:arm64 libswscale3:arm64 libsystemd0:arm64 libtag1-vanilla:arm64 libtag1c2a:arm64 libtalloc2:arm64 libtasn1-6:arm64 libtdb1:arm64 libtevent0:arm64 libtheora0:arm64 libtiff5:arm64
  libtinfo5:arm64 libtinyxml2.6.2:arm64 libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:arm64 libudev1:arm64 libuuid1:arm64 libva-x11-1:arm64 libva1:arm64 libvdpau1:arm64 libvorbis0a:arm64 libvorbisenc2:arm64 libvpx1:arm64
  libwbclient0:arm64 libwind0-heimdal:arm64 libwrap0:arm64 libx11-6:arm64 libx11-xcb1:arm64 libx264-142:arm64 libxau6:arm64 libxcb-dri2-0:arm64 libxcb-dri3-0:arm64 libxcb-glx0:arm64 libxcb-present0:arm64
  libxcb-render0:arm64 libxcb-shape0:arm64 libxcb-shm0:arm64 libxcb-sync1:arm64 libxcb-xfixes0:arm64 libxcb1:arm64 libxdamage1:arm64 libxdmcp6:arm64 libxext6:arm64 libxfixes3:arm64 libxi6:arm64
  libxml2:arm64 libxrandr2:arm64 libxrender1:arm64 libxshmfence1:arm64 libxslt1.1:arm64 libxtst6:arm64 libxvidcore4:arm64 libxxf86vm1:arm64 libyajl2:arm64 mysql-common python2.7-minimal:arm64 tcpd
  uuid-runtime va-driver-all:arm64 vdpau-va-driver:arm64 zlib1g:arm64
Suggested packages:
  libasound2-plugins:arm64 frei0r-plugins:arm64 rng-tools:arm64 gnutls-bin:arm64 gpm:arm64 krb5-doc:arm64 krb5-user:arm64 libjasper-runtime:arm64 opus-tools:arm64 libpam-doc:arm64
  libsasl2-modules-otp:arm64 libsasl2-modules-ldap:arm64 libsasl2-modules-sql:arm64 libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit:arm64 libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heimdal:arm64 speex:arm64 vdpau-driver:arm64 python-doc:arm64
  python-tk:arm64 python2.7-doc:arm64 binutils:arm64 binfmt-support:arm64
Recommended packages:
  krb5-locales:arm64 uuid-runtime:arm64 tcpd:arm64 xml-core:arm64
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  blueman byobu command-not-found exfalso ffmpeg gimp gir1.2-clutter-1.0 gir1.2-clutter-gst-2.0 gir1.2-cogl-1.0 gir1.2-coglpango-1.0 gir1.2-gtkclutter-1.0 gir1.2-webkit-3.0 gnome-sushi
  gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly guvcview gvfs-backends kupfer libavdevice56 libcdio-cdda1 libcdio-paranoia1 libcdio13 libclutter-1.0-0 libclutter-gst-2.0-0 libclutter-gtk-1.0-0
  libcogl-pango20 libcogl-path20 libcogl20 libegl1-mesa libegl1-mesa-drivers libgles1-mesa libgles2-mesa libgstreamer-plugins-bad1.0-0 libguvcview-1.0-0 libiso9660-8 libsdl2-2.0-0 libsmbclient libvcdinfo0
  libwayland-egl1-mesa libwebkitgtk-3.0-0 lsb-release python python-cairo python-cddb python-chardet python-crypto python-cups python-cupshelpers python-dbus python-feedparser python-gdbm python-gi
  python-gi-cairo python-gobject python-gobject-2 python-gtk2 python-keybinder python-libxml2 python-minimal python-musicbrainz2 python-mutagen python-newt python-numpy python-pycurl python-pyinotify
  python-secretstorage python-smbc python-support python-talloc python-utidylib python-wnck python-xdg python2.7 python2.7-minimal quodlibet samba-libs system-config-printer system-config-printer-udev
  task-desktop task-xfce-desktop vlc vlc-nox vlc-plugin-notify vlc-plugin-samba xorg xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-input-all xserver-xorg-input-evdev xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
  xserver-xorg-input-wacom xserver-xorg-video-all xserver-xorg-video-ati xserver-xorg-video-fbdev xserver-xorg-video-mach64 xserver-xorg-video-modesetting xserver-xorg-video-nouveau xserver-xorg-video-r128
  xserver-xorg-video-radeon xserver-xorg-video-vesa
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  aml-libs:arm64 kodi-odrobian-fbdev:arm64 krb5-locales libacl1:arm64 libasn1-8-heimdal:arm64 libasound2:arm64 libasyncns0:arm64 libattr1:arm64 libaudit1:arm64 libavahi-client3:arm64
  libavahi-common-data:arm64 libavahi-common3:arm64 libavcodec56:arm64 libavfilter5:arm64 libavformat56:arm64 libavresample2:arm64 libavutil54:arm64 libbluetooth3:arm64 libbsd0:arm64 libbz2-1.0:arm64
  libcap2:arm64 libcdio13:arm64 libcomerr2:arm64 libcups2:arm64 libcurl3:arm64 libcurl3-gnutls:arm64 libdb5.3:arm64 libdbus-1-3:arm64 libdrm-nouveau2:arm64 libdrm-radeon1:arm64 libdrm2:arm64
  libexpat1:arm64 libffi6:arm64 libflac8:arm64 libfreetype6:arm64 libfribidi0:arm64 libgcrypt20:arm64 libgl1-mesa-dri:arm64 libgl1-mesa-glx:arm64 libglapi-mesa:arm64 libglu1-mesa:arm64 libgmp10:arm64
  libgnutls-deb0-28:arm64 libgpg-error0:arm64 libgpm2:arm64 libgsm1:arm64 libgssapi-krb5-2:arm64 libgssapi3-heimdal:arm64 libhcrypto4-heimdal:arm64 libheimbase1-heimdal:arm64 libheimntlm0-heimdal:arm64
  libhogweed2:arm64 libhx509-5-heimdal:arm64 libice6:arm64 libidn11:arm64 libjasper1:arm64 libjbig0:arm64 libjpeg62-turbo:arm64 libjson-c2:arm64 libk5crypto3:arm64 libkeyutils1:arm64
  libkrb5-26-heimdal:arm64 libkrb5-3:arm64 libkrb5support0:arm64 libldap-2.4-2:arm64 libldb1:arm64 liblzma5:arm64 liblzo2-2:arm64 libmicrohttpd10:arm64 libmp3lame0:arm64 libmysqlclient18:arm64
  libncursesw5:arm64 libnettle4:arm64 libntdb1:arm64 libogg0:arm64 libopencv-core2.4:arm64 libopencv-imgproc2.4:arm64 libopenjpeg5:arm64 libopus0:arm64 liborc-0.4-0:arm64 libp11-kit0:arm64 libpam0g:arm64
  libpcre3:arm64 libpcrecpp0:arm64 libpng12-0:arm64 libpopt0:arm64 libpulse0:arm64 libpython-stdlib:arm64 libpython2.7:arm64 libpython2.7-minimal:arm64 libpython2.7-stdlib:arm64 libreadline6:arm64
  libroken18-heimdal:arm64 librtmp1:arm64 libsasl2-2:arm64 libsasl2-modules:arm64 libsasl2-modules-db:arm64 libschroedinger-1.0-0:arm64 libsm6:arm64 libsmbclient:arm64 libsndfile1:arm64 libspeex1:arm64
  libsqlite3-0:arm64 libssh-4:arm64 libssh2-1:arm64 libssl1.0.0:arm64 libstdc++6:arm64 libswscale3:arm64 libsystemd0:arm64 libtag1-vanilla:arm64 libtag1c2a:arm64 libtalloc2:arm64 libtasn1-6:arm64
  libtdb1:arm64 libtevent0:arm64 libtheora0:arm64 libtiff5:arm64 libtinfo5:arm64 libtinyxml2.6.2:arm64 libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0:arm64 libudev1:arm64 libuuid1:arm64 libva-x11-1:arm64 libva1:arm64 libvdpau1:arm64
  libvorbis0a:arm64 libvorbisenc2:arm64 libvpx1:arm64 libwbclient0:arm64 libwind0-heimdal:arm64 libwrap0:arm64 libx11-6:arm64 libx11-xcb1:arm64 libx264-142:arm64 libxau6:arm64 libxcb-dri2-0:arm64
  libxcb-dri3-0:arm64 libxcb-glx0:arm64 libxcb-present0:arm64 libxcb-render0:arm64 libxcb-shape0:arm64 libxcb-shm0:arm64 libxcb-sync1:arm64 libxcb-xfixes0:arm64 libxcb1:arm64 libxdamage1:arm64
  libxdmcp6:arm64 libxext6:arm64 libxfixes3:arm64 libxi6:arm64 libxml2:arm64 libxrandr2:arm64 libxrender1:arm64 libxshmfence1:arm64 libxslt1.1:arm64 libxtst6:arm64 libxvidcore4:arm64 libxxf86vm1:arm64
  libyajl2:arm64 mali-fbdev:arm64 mysql-common python:arm64 python-minimal:arm64 python-talloc:arm64 python2.7:arm64 python2.7-minimal:arm64 samba-libs:arm64 tcpd uuid-runtime va-driver-all:arm64
  vdpau-va-driver:arm64 zlib1g:arm64
0 upgraded, 172 newly installed, 100 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 58.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 49.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

I'm not sure why it wants to remove a good chunk of packages - probably because it needs to install the 64bit and can't keep 64bit mixed with the same 32bit package (overlapping files?). But it also want to uninstall X11/XFCE which is strange...

I'd like to ask - is there a possibility of installing a mixed system (e.g. kodi and dependencies on 64bits and the rest (x11 and friends) on 32bits? Or will this cause a mess in my system?

Slurpi
ODROIDs: Odroid C2

Wifi

Unread post by Slurpi » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:27 pm

I just got my C2 yesterday and I'm experimenting with it. I have a wifi dongle and it took me a while to understand how to get it to work:

* apt-get install wpasupplicant firmware-ralink

* Edit /etc/network/interfaces and add:
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid YOUR-SSID-HERE
wpa-psk YOUR-PASSWORD-HERE

* ifdown eth0; ifdown wlan0; ifup wlan0

The trick was firmware-ralink (probably specific to my dongle), I had tried firmware-realtek but it didn't work.

Thanks for the lightweight distro. I want the C2 to use as a media server for my TV, and the Mali acceleration is essential.

Slurpi

Kodi and VGA modes: wrong resolution

Unread post by Slurpi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:39 am

Hello:

I just installed odrobian & kodi.

I am using it with a VGA monitor and HDMI-VGA adapter. The monitor as a resolution of 1280x1080@60Hz, boot.ini is configured, and odrobian boots fine. But when I run Kodi, I have a twisted unreadable screen (like it is the wrong sync), and the log says:

10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: InitWindowSystem: Using EGL Implementation: amlogic
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 23.980000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 24.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 25.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 29.969999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 30.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 50.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 59.939999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 60.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 24.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 25.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 29.969999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 30.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 50.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 59.939999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 60.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080i @ 50.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080i @ 59.939999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080i @ 60.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Checking resolution 16
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: CEGLNativeTypeAmlogic::SetNativeResolution to 1280x720@23.980000
So I suspect it is changing to 1280x720@23.980000, and my monitor can't handle that.

Is there a way to setup the resolution correctly?

Thanks

Update: I connected a 1680x1050@60Hz DVI monitor with the same result. It seems the sync is incorrect.

XeoSal

Re: Kodi and VGA modes: wrong resolution

Unread post by XeoSal » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:45 am

Slurpi wrote: So I suspect it is changing to 1280x720@23.980000, and my monitor can't handle that.

Is there a way to setup the resolution correctly?

Thanks

Update: I connected a 1680x1050@60Hz DVI monitor with the same result. It seems the sync is incorrect.
First of all make sure you have followed these steps accordingly as shown in OP.
  • Update software & kernel through ODROBIAN Hook.
  • Set kernel permissions correctly through the "rc.local" file.
  • Reboot your ODROID to take effect.
Anyway, on my monitor everything is fine with resolution (1920x1080) so I think your particular resolution is causing the problem, HK is planning to support many more resolutions by April as they said. :)

Slurpi

Re: Kodi and VGA modes: wrong resolution

Unread post by Slurpi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Thanks for the quick answer!
XeoSal wrote: First of all make sure you have followed these steps accordingly as shown in OP.
I think I have done everything.

# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
# uname -a
Linux odroid64 3.14.29-14-odrobian+ #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 16 19:03:55 MDT 2016 aarch64 GNU/Linux
However I do get an error when I run rc.local manually, for testing:
cannot access '/sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode'
and indeed I can't find ppmgr_3d_mode anywhere:

# find /sys -name *ppmgr*
/sys/bus/platform/devices/ppmgr.20
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/ppmgr
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/ppmgr/ppmgr.20
/sys/devices/ppmgr.20
/sys/devices/virtual/ppmgr
/sys/devices/virtual/ppmgr/ppmgr
/sys/class/ppmgr
/sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr
/sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_vframe_states
But there is plenty of 3d stuff there:

# find /sys -name *3d* 
/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap_3d
/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/support_3d
/sys/devices/meson-fb.11/graphics/fb0/enable_3d
/sys/devices/meson-fb.11/graphics/fb1/enable_3d
/sys/class/amvecm/sync_3d
/sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_3d
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_h_start
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_v_start
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_h_end
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_black_color
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_v_end
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_out_inv
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_polarity
/sys/module/am_vecm/parameters/sync_3d_sync_to_vbo
I wonder if the fact that ppmgr_3d_mode is missing means that something is not being properly detected in my system...

Thanks again, I'll stick to my (old and slow) RPi1 for Kodi until this is fixed...

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:14 pm

It's completely normal to have warnings for ppmgr_3d and there's nothing wrong with Kodi, what you are missing specifically is resolution support. Many people are using/enjoying Kodi at the momment, once again it's working perfectly fine on my monitor. :)

As you can see, these are the supported resolutions for Kodi at the moment:

10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 23.980000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 24.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 25.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 29.969999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 30.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 50.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 59.939999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1280 x 720 for display 0 with 1280 x 720 @ 60.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 24.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 25.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 29.969999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 30.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 50.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 59.939999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080 @ 60.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080i @ 50.000000 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080i @ 59.939999 Hz
10:36:58 T:548378800128  NOTICE: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 for display 0 with 1920 x 1080i @ 60.000000 Hz
Your monitor resolution is causing display corruption.

crashoverride

Unread post by crashoverride » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 pm

Just want to make clear that this is a Kodi software issue, not a hardware issue. The list of resolutions supported by the hardware is in boot.ini. Kodi's lack of support for a resolution is entirely due to the way it is written.

Slurpi

Unread post by Slurpi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:04 pm

I was hoping it was some issue with the OS setup + Mali drivers + fb, not specifically with Kodi. I have a RPi with Kodi 16 which works fine with the monitor, that's why I thought the problem might be in the build process...

Thanks again, I'll keep on trying as new updates are released...

Ignas

Unread post by Ignas » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:07 am

Hello,

I've noticed that JFS module is stripped from the kernel in this distribution. Any particular reason for that?

Also, where I could find sources of the current (3.14.29-14-odrobian+) kernel so I could build jfs.ko myself?
Edit: Nevermind, compiled from hardkernel linux tree in github.

Thanks.

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:29 am

@Everybody

I have recently released my final ODROBIAN 2.0 images for both arm64/armhf architectures, the images that were uploaded before that point were meant for development however, old images can be already upgraded to the current state through "apt-get" or ODROBIAN Hook so there's no need for re-downloading anything, these changes are done so that new users will have everything set perfectly for them out of the box.

You should also guys take a look at this thread for streaming PC games with hardware acceleration.
Ignas wrote:Hello,

I've noticed that JFS module is stripped from the kernel in this distribution. Any particular reason for that?

Also, where I could find sources of the current (3.14.29-14-odrobian+) kernel so I could build jfs.ko myself?
Edit: Nevermind, compiled from hardkernel linux tree in github.

Thanks.
Hey, you couldn've also made use of the kernel (3.14.29-14-odrobian+) headers /source available in this package:

odroid64:# apt-get install linux-headers-odrobian-s905
crashoverride wrote: [edit 2]
Sudo also does not appear to be setup in the image. This is normal for Debian, but the command line examples in prior posts indicate the use of sudo.
The new final images include "sudo" configured by default likewise every other odrobian 2.0 final images, just to let you guys know.
nobe wrote:@XeoSal

Hey, just to notify you, the final image now has an unique UUID for the boot partition as well.
mad_ady wrote:I know that Odrobian 32bit doesn't support kodi just yet, but since it's multiarch enabled I thought I'd install the 64bit kodi version and its dependencies in paralel to the 32bit code. This is what I tried:

I'm not sure why it wants to remove a good chunk of packages - probably because it needs to install the 64bit and can't keep 64bit mixed with the same 32bit package (overlapping files?). But it also want to uninstall X11/XFCE which is strange...

I'd like to ask - is there a possibility of installing a mixed system (e.g. kodi and dependencies on 64bits and the rest (x11 and friends) on 32bits? Or will this cause a mess in my system?
Hey my friend, sorry for late reply but you have to know this, first of all in order for multiarch to work perfectly, there should be an equivalent for every single package on all architectures otherwise it won't work properly. In fact, if you are running for example a binary compiled for armhf that's linked with certain libraries, you can't use the equivalent library from arm64 to drive an armhf binary, you should use libraries from the same architecture as the binary.

So, for complex applications like Kodi that's linked against an enormous amount of shared libraries, this will produce a big problem here for multiarch, while the control file in which I specified Kodi dependencies need to be professionally maintained with multiarch standards to assure there's nothing wrong on your side that's why you got a lot of trouble when trying to install this particular arm64 package, maintainers need to put much more effort when the situation is getting complicated like this.

As I told you before there will be a fully compatible Kodi package for armhf when HardKernel announce Mali binaries for 32bit.

stedaniels

Unread post by stedaniels » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Great work! Been lurking from afar, thank you for all the time and effort you put into this!

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:20 pm

stedaniels wrote:Great work! Been lurking from afar, thank you for all the time and effort you put into this!
Thank you for appreciation my friend, I would like to announce that I am getting ORGA to work soon on this, I have recently compiled a number of emulation packages for arm64 that are working perfectly at the moment:
  • Emulation Station
  • Retro Arch
  • SDL 2.0.4 (with Mali-Fbdev output driver)
  • Moonlight Embedded (Hardware acceleration for streaming PC games through Nvidia technology)
  • XBOX Userspace Gamepad Drivers
All are optimized for GLES/Mali-Fbdev hardware accelerations. Refer to the main post for installation.

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:49 am

I have just pushed an update for Kodi to support 4K resolution by @OverSun and added more features to ODROBIAN Hook utilities along with fixing ODROID-C2 CPU governors, now you can install Kodi through one-click installer:

Make sure you have "oh-utils" if you haven't installed it before:
odroid64:$ sudo -s

Execute GUI Tool:
If you have installed ODROBIAN-Hook utilities before don't bother updating it manually, this utility is able to upgrade itself automatically upon execution.
One-Click-Installer.png
(21 KiB) Downloaded 30063 times
You can then choose whatever you want from the list, I will soon include the full ORGA Entertainment System.
Simple-Installation.png
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 30063 times
Note that you would have to reboot your ODROID through option number "15" after installing Kodi to take effect. The "Mister Simple Wizard" is going to have a lot of applications that can be installed/configured with one click, I am adding more and more within time.

Even if you have installed Kodi before with "apt-get" you should install it again with this, I have included some essential configurations to support Alsa which will allow you to start Kodi without any Desktop Environments installed, additionally using Alsa instead of PulseAudio will fix GUI sound latency as well. :)

PulseAudio will only get installed if you have a Desktop Environment, you can use the option available on the tool above to disable it whenever you want, and to enable it again. You must know that Kodi is performing at best when Alsa is enabled. I will also update our Kodi package soon to include an automatic fix for the black screen that comes after exiting the application, that would negate the need for the workaround of switching consoles.
Last edited by XeoSal on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stamasd
languages_spoken: english, francais

Unread post by stamasd » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:43 pm

chlorisdroid wrote:Is it possible to load the alsa module

sudo modprobe snd-seq
with odrobian jessie and get access to them in device tree, e.g.

/dev/snd/seq
Can't get it working with stock image. Recompiled the kernel and enabled alsa sequenzer module. It is possible to load it with the above command but no device node is created as
ls /dev/snd/seq simply shows up nothing.

Update: got it running now.
Can you please detail what you did to get it working? I'm in the same situation, no sequencer module available.

Bahn Yuki
languages_spoken: english spanish

Unread post by Bahn Yuki » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:01 am

XeoSal wrote:It's completely normal to have warnings for ppmgr_3d and there's nothing wrong with Kodi, what you are missing specifically is resolution support. Many people are using/enjoying Kodi at the momment, once again it's working perfectly fine on my monitor. :)

As you can see, these are the supported resolutions for Kodi at the moment:

Your monitor resolution is causing display corruption.
Is there a way to add CVBS to this list so KODI can run in 480i resolution?

stamasd
languages_spoken: english, francais

Unread post by stamasd » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 am

Can't compile kernel.

Fresh Odrobian-2.0 install, added libncurses5-dev and linux-headers-odrobian-s905

"make menuconfig" fails with

odroid@odroid32:/usr/src/linux-headers-3.14.29-14-odrobian+$ sudo make menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/mconf
scripts/kconfig/mconf.o: In function `show_help':
mconf.c:(.text+0x9b4): undefined reference to `stdscr'
mconf.c:(.text+0x9b8): undefined reference to `stdscr'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o: In function `print_arrows':
checklist.c:(.text+0x38): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x54): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x78): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x8c): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0xb8): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0xec): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x100): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x10c): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x118): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x124): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x144): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x158): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x160): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x168): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x174): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x180): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x18c): undefined reference to `waddch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o: In function `print_item':
checklist.c:(.text+0x214): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x238): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x254): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x298): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x2ac): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x2cc): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x2e8): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x2f0): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0x338): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x34c): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x36c): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x388): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x3bc): undefined reference to `wprintw'
checklist.c:(.text+0x3e0): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x3f4): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x408): undefined reference to `wmove'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o: In function `print_buttons':
checklist.c:(.text+0x4a8): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x4bc): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o: In function `dialog_checklist':
checklist.c:(.text+0x5a4): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x5a8): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x5ec): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x5f0): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x654): undefined reference to `newwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `keypad'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6a0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6a4): undefined reference to `wmove'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6b0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6bc): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6d0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6e0): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x6fc): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0x710): undefined reference to `waddch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x778): undefined reference to `subwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0x784): undefined reference to `keypad'
checklist.c:(.text+0x900): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0x908): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0x90c): undefined reference to `doupdate'
checklist.c:(.text+0x914): undefined reference to `wgetch'
checklist.c:(.text+0x9dc): undefined reference to `delwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0x9e4): undefined reference to `delwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0x9ec): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0x9f0): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0xa8c): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0xa94): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0xaa4): undefined reference to `delwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0xaac): undefined reference to `delwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0xb14): undefined reference to `scrollok'
checklist.c:(.text+0xb20): undefined reference to `wscrl'
checklist.c:(.text+0xb2c): undefined reference to `scrollok'
checklist.c:(.text+0xb80): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0xb88): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0xbf0): undefined reference to `scrollok'
checklist.c:(.text+0xbfc): undefined reference to `wscrl'
checklist.c:(.text+0xc08): undefined reference to `scrollok'
checklist.c:(.text+0xc9c): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
checklist.c:(.text+0xca0): undefined reference to `doupdate'
checklist.c:(.text+0xd20): undefined reference to `delwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0xd28): undefined reference to `delwin'
checklist.c:(.text+0xd88): undefined reference to `doupdate'
checklist.c:(.text+0xd98): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+.c:(.): undefined reference to `stdscr'
checklist.c:(.text+0xdbc): undefined reference to `doupdate'
checklist.c:(.text+0xdcc): undefined reference to `acs_map'
checklist.c:(.text+0xdd8): undefined reference to `waddch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `init_one_color':
util.c:(.text+0x224): undefined reference to `init_pair'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `attr_clear':
util.c:(.text+0x2a0): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x2b8): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x2f4): undefined reference to `wtouchln'
util.c:(.text+0x31c): undefined reference to `wtouchln'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `dialog_clear':
util.c:(.text+0x328): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x338): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x36c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x384): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x398): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x39c): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0x3d0): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x3dc): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x3f0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x43c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x448): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x44c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x45c): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x47c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x488): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0x48c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x494): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x4a8): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x4b0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x4b4): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x4c0): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x4cc): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x4e4): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
util.c:(.text+0x4e8): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x4f8): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x4fc): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `init_dialog':
util.c:(.text+0x52c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x538): undefined reference to `initscr'
util.c:(.text+0x53c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x66c): undefined reference to `keypad'
util.c:(.text+0x670): undefined reference to `cbreak'
util.c:(.text+0x674): undefined reference to `noecho'
util.c:(.text+0x7f8): undefined reference to `has_colors'
util.c:(.text+0x804): undefined reference to `start_color'
util.c:(.text+0x96c): undefined reference to `has_colors'
util.c:(.text+0x980): undefined reference to `has_colors'
util.c:(.text+0x9a4): undefined reference to `endwin'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `end_dialog':
util.c:(.text+0x9cc): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x9d4): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x9d8): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x9dc): undefined reference to `stdscr'
util.c:(.text+0x9e0): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
util.c:(.text+0x9e8): undefined reference to `endwin'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `print_title':
util.c:(.text+0xa44): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xa58): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0xa68): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xa80): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xa98): undefined reference to `waddch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `print_autowrap':
util.c:(.text+0xb58): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xb68): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xca0): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xcb0): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xd04): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xd14): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `print_button':
util.c:(.text+0xd80): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xdb0): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xe0c): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0xe38): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0xe50): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xe6c): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xe90): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0xea8): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xec0): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0xed0): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xee0): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
util.c:(.text+0xf08): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0xf20): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `draw_box':
util.c:(.text+0xf98): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0xfbc): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x1004): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x1044): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x1054): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x105c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x106c): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x1078): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x108c): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x1098): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x10b0): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x10b8): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x10cc): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x10d4): undefined reference to `acs_map'
util.c:(.text+0x10e4): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x10f8): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x110c): undefined reference to `waddch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `draw_shadow':
util.c:(.text+0x1138): undefined reference to `has_colors'
util.c:(.text+0x1168): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x117c): undefined reference to `winch'
util.c:(.text+0x1188): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x11b4): undefined reference to `wmove'
util.c:(.text+0x11bc): undefined reference to `winch'
util.c:(.text+0x11c8): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x11d0): undefined reference to `winch'
util.c:(.text+0x11dc): undefined reference to `waddch'
util.c:(.text+0x11fc): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o: In function `on_key_esc':
util.c:(.text+0x132c): undefined reference to `nodelay'
util.c:(.text+0x1338): undefined reference to `keypad'
util.c:(.text+0x1340): undefined reference to `wgetch'
util.c:(.text+0x134c): undefined reference to `wgetch'
util.c:(.text+0x1358): undefined reference to `wgetch'
util.c:(.text+0x136c): undefined reference to `nodelay'
util.c:(.text+0x1378): undefined reference to `keypad'
util.c:(.text+0x13cc): undefined reference to `ungetch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o: In function `print_buttons':
inputbox.c:(.text+0x98): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xac): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o: In function `dialog_inputbox':
inputbox.c:(.text+0x13c): undefined reference to `stdscr'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x140): undefined reference to `stdscr'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x1d0): undefined reference to `newwin'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x1dc): undefined reference to `keypad'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x218): undefined reference to `acs_map'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x21c): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x228): undefined reference to `acs_map'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x234): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `acs_map'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x254): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x270): undefined reference to `acs_map'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x288): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x30c): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x36c): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x388): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x390): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x3a4): undefined reference to `wgetch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x3f4): undefined reference to `delwin'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x42c): undefined reference to `delwin'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x4e4): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x524): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x53c): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x544): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x5b0): undefined reference to `delwin'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x5c0): undefined reference to `delwin'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x5e4): undefined reference to `delwin'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x604): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x6a8): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x718): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x720): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x72c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x744): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x7b8): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x7e8): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x830): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x848): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x92c): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x96c): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0x98c): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xa2c): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xa4c): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xa64): undefined reference to `flash'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xa84): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xaa8): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xaf0): undefined reference to `waddch'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xb0c): undefined reference to `wmove'
inputbox.c:(.text+0xb1c): undefined reference to `waddch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o: In function `refresh_text_box':
textbox.c:(.text+0x23c): undefined reference to `wmove'
textbox.c:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `waddch'
textbox.c:(.text+0x264): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
textbox.c:(.text+0x26c): undefined reference to `wclrtoeol'
textbox.c:(.text+0x29c): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
textbox.c:(.text+0x2c0): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
textbox.c:(.text+0x308): undefined reference to `wmove'
textbox.c:(.text+0x31c): undefined reference to `wprintw'
textbox.c:(.text+0x32c): undefined reference to `wmove'
textbox.c:(.text+0x354): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
textbox.c:(.text+0x36c): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o: In function `dialog_textbox':
textbox.c:(.text+0x424): undefined reference to `stdscr'
textbox.c:(.text+0x428): undefined reference to `stdscr'
textbox.c:(.text+0x454): undefined reference to `acs_map'
textbox.c:(.text+0x4d4): undefined reference to `newwin'
textbox.c:(.text+0x4e0): undefined reference to `keypad'
textbox.c:(.text+0x4f8): undefined reference to `subwin'
textbox.c:(.text+0x524): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
textbox.c:(.text+0x530): undefined reference to `keypad'
textbox.c:(.text+0x56c): undefined reference to `wmove'
textbox.c:(.text+0x578): undefined reference to `acs_map'
textbox.c:(.text+0x584): undefined reference to `waddch'
textbox.c:(.text+0x594): undefined reference to `acs_map'
textbox.c:(.text+0x5a4): undefined reference to `waddch'
textbox.c:(.text+0x5cc): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
textbox.c:(.text+0x5d0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
textbox.c:(.text+0x5dc): undefined reference to `waddch'
textbox.c:(.text+0x624): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
textbox.c:(.text+0x67c): undefined reference to `wgetch'
textbox.c:(.text+0x6d0): undefined reference to `delwin'
textbox.c:(.text+0x6d8): undefined reference to `delwin'
textbox.c:(.text+0x6e0): undefined reference to `stdscr'
textbox.c:(.text+0x6e4): undefined reference to `stdscr'
textbox.c:(.text+0x748): undefined reference to `delwin'
textbox.c:(.text+0x750): undefined reference to `delwin'
textbox.c:(.text+0xa7c): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
textbox.c:(.text+0xa80): undefined reference to `acs_map'
textbox.c:(.text+0xa8c): undefined reference to `waddch'
textbox.c:(.text+0xad4): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o: In function `print_buttons':
yesno.c:(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to `wmove'
yesno.c:(.text+0xb4): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o: In function `dialog_yesno':
yesno.c:(.text+0x114): undefined reference to `stdscr'
yesno.c:(.text+0x120): undefined reference to `stdscr'
yesno.c:(.text+0x1a8): undefined reference to `newwin'
yesno.c:(.text+0x1b4): undefined reference to `keypad'
yesno.c:(.text+0x1f0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
yesno.c:(.text+0x1f4): undefined reference to `wmove'
yesno.c:(.text+0x200): undefined reference to `acs_map'
yesno.c:(.text+0x20c): undefined reference to `waddch'
yesno.c:(.text+0x21c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
yesno.c:(.text+0x22c): undefined reference to `waddch'
yesno.c:(.text+0x240): undefined reference to `acs_map'
yesno.c:(.text+0x254): undefined reference to `waddch'
yesno.c:(.text+0x2a0): undefined reference to `wgetch'
yesno.c:(.text+0x2d4): undefined reference to `delwin'
yesno.c:(.text+0x304): undefined reference to `delwin'
yesno.c:(.text+0x348): undefined reference to `delwin'
yesno.c:(.text+0x380): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
yesno.c:(.text+0x390): undefined reference to `delwin'
yesno.c:(.text+0x3a8): undefined reference to `delwin'
yesno.c:(.text+0x3d4): undefined reference to `acs_map'
yesno.c:(.text+0x3e0): undefined reference to `waddch'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o: In function `do_scroll':
menubox.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `scrollok'
menubox.c:(.text+0x24): undefined reference to `wscrl'
menubox.c:(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `scrollok'
menubox.c:(.text+0x4c): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o: In function `do_print_item':
menubox.c:(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0xec): undefined reference to `wclrtoeol'
menubox.c:(.text+0x10c): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x124): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x154): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x168): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x184): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x1a8): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0x1c8): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x1d0): undefined reference to `wclrtoeol'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o: In function `print_buttons':
menubox.c:(.text+0x300): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x314): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o: In function `print_arrows.constprop.0':
menubox.c:(.text+0x354): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x36c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x374): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x37c): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x390): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x3a0): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x3a8): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0x3d0): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x3dc): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x3e8): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x3f4): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x400): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x410): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x42c): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x44c): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x460): undefined reference to `waddnstr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x474): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x47c): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x484): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x490): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x49c): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x4a8): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x4b0): undefined reference to `wmove'
scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o: In function `dialog_menu':
menubox.c:(.text+0x514): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x524): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x590): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x594): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0x604): undefined reference to `newwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0x610): undefined reference to `keypad'
menubox.c:(.text+0x648): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x654): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x660): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x66c): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x680): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x690): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x6a4): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0x6c0): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
menubox.c:(.text+0x6cc): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x728): undefined reference to `subwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0x734): undefined reference to `keypad'
menubox.c:(.text+0x87c): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0x8cc): undefined reference to `wmove'
menubox.c:(.text+0x8d4): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0x8e4): undefined reference to `wgetch'
menubox.c:(.text+0x9b4): undefined reference to `delwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0x9bc): undefined reference to `delwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0xabc): undefined reference to `wnoutrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0xac4): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0xaf4): undefined reference to `delwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0xafc): undefined reference to `delwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0xb00): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0xb04): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0xc4c): undefined reference to `delwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0xc54): undefined reference to `delwin'
menubox.c:(.text+0xcf4): undefined reference to `wrefresh'
menubox.c:(.text+0xd60): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0xd64): undefined reference to `stdscr'
menubox.c:(.text+0xf18): undefined reference to `acs_map'
menubox.c:(.text+0xf2c): undefined reference to `wbkgdset'
menubox.c:(.text+0xf38): undefined reference to `waddch'
menubox.c:(.text+0xfb8): undefined reference to `scrollok'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
scripts/Makefile.host:127: recipe for target 'scripts/kconfig/mconf' failed
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/mconf] Error 1
Makefile:512: recipe for target 'menuconfig' failed
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2
What am I missing?

XeoSal

Unread post by XeoSal » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:55 am

Bahn Yuki wrote: Is there a way to add CVBS to this list so KODI can run in 480i resolution?
This is a Kodi limitation, this functionality needs to be codded into the main source, development never stops.
stamasd wrote:Can't compile kernel.

Fresh Odrobian-2.0 install, added libncurses5-dev and linux-headers-odrobian-s905

"make menuconfig" fails

What am I missing?
Buddy, the kernel supplied with the hybrid edition is actually 64bit (arm64) while the rootfs is Debian 32bit (armhf), the compiler installed of that image might not be able to the compile the kernel, alternatively you can cross compile it on either the device itself with toolchain of arm64, your main workstation or maybe get a spare SD card with the original arm64 image to compile that. You can also use the official git branch from HardKernel it's the same thing.
Last edited by XeoSal on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other OS”