I am very happy to be a part of this community and I really love my two odroids (C1 & XU4). It's been a really great learning experience to get to play with those little boards and I advanced to higher levels of experience during this journey in which I understood a lot about linux kernel functions and the OS as whole.
I am gladly introducing my first contribution to the odroid community which is a Debian Jessie 8.3 image with Mate Desktop Environment all accelerated by Mali-X11 drivers and overclockable easily through simple commands, I've done a little tweaking to the image and such other optimizations to improve the overall performance, I think that it's now considerably faster than the official HK ubuntu image.
Special thanks to:
Great people must be credited.
- @mdrjr (Kernel, drivers, technical references, hosting ODROBIAN repository, etc)
- @owersun (KODI 15/16 source code optimized for s805)
- @ptitseb (GLshim 1.5 wrapper)
- @meveric (Technical references)
- @robroy (Community support)
- @mad_ady (ODROID CPU Control utility)
- @runnerway (Kernel patches & TV Headend Package)
Anybody can join us on this list to show support.
- Lightweight Debian Jessie with Mate Desktop Environment hardware accelerated by Mali-X11 drivers.
- We have our own repository integrated perfectly which means you will receive new kernels & other updates remotely.
- Rootfs is officially debootstrapped from stable (Pure Debian 8.3) armhf branch and is not an upgrade from older distributions.
- Logically increasing ODROID ram from 1GB up-to 2GB by making use of kernel zRAM module.
- Fully Hardware accelerated Kodi (Isengard or Jarvis - FINAL) by OpenGLESv2 along with AMlogic VPU optimizations.
- Great desktop browsing with Chromium Browser that has native EGL acceleration if you want.
- Overclocking & underclocking in a range from 300MHz to 2.0GHz with simple commands and scripts to show current CPU clock and temperature.
- No bloatware at all, only essential tools are installed as deb packages beside the original software.
- You can choose to login directly into Kodi session from the login screen or to the X desktop otherwise.
These are the most important packages available on ODROBIAN repository that I've compiled specifically for this distribution with the required ODROID C1/C1+ optimizations of course.
Kernel Image (linux-image-odrobian-s805) - Obviously default on both flavors
Kernel Headers (linux-headers-odrobian-s805) - Optional on both flavors
Advanced MATE Menu (advanced-mate-menu) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
CEC 3.0 (libcec-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
Chromium Browser (chromium-browser-odrobian) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
KODI Jarvis (FINAL) for X11 (kodi-jarvis-odrobian) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
KODI Jarvis (FINAL) for Fbdev (kodi-jarvis-fbdev) - Optional on both flavors
KODI Isengard (FINAL) for X11 (kodi-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
KODI Isengard (FINAL) for Fbdev (kodi-odrobian-fbdev) - Optional on both flavors
KODI Jarvis PVR Addons (kodi-pvr-addons) - Optional on both flavors
TVheadend (tvheadend) - Optional on both flavors
Platform V1 (libplatform1) - It's a dependency of PVR & optional on both flavors
Platform V2 (libp8-platform2) - It's a dependency of CEC & optional on both flavors
Shairplay (libshairplay) - Optional on both flavors
FFmpeg (ffmpeg) - Optional on both flavors
GLshim Wrapper (glshim-lbs) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
Pepper Flash (libflashplayer) - Optional on both flavors
Mali X11 Drivers (mali-x11) - Will replace Mali Fbdev, default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
Mali Fbdev Drivers (mali-fbdev) - Will replace Mali X11, optional on both flavors
Wiring Pi (wiringpi) - Optional on both flavors
Odrobian Platform (odrobian-platform-s805) - Default on both flavors to function perfectly
AMlogic Sound Libraries (aml-libs) - Default on MATE & optional on Vanilla
Boot Scripts for s805 (bootini) - Default on both flavors
U-Boot (u-boot) - Default on both flavors
Mali X Video (xserver-xorg-video-mali) - Default on both flavors
LIRC for ODROID (s805-lirc) - Optional on both flavors
EmulationStation for X11 (emulationstation-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
EmulationStation for Fbdev (es2-fbdev) - Optional on both flavors
RetroArch for X11 (retroarch-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
RetroArch for Fbdev (retroarch-fbdev) - Optional on both flavors
SDL2 for X11 (libsdl2-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
SDL2 for Fbdev (libsdl2-odrobian-fbdev) - Optional on both flavors
XBOX Gamepad Userspace Driver (xboxdrv-odrobian) - Optional on both flavors
Code: Select all
odroid:$ sudo apt-get update odroid:$ sudo apt-get install * (*) = Any Package
You can find everything you want to know about this distribution and how to configure it according to your own needs by exploring the documentation available on our repository, you should also read the ODROBIAN Project thread to learn more. Let me show you the head notes list to summarize what you should expect to see there:
- ODROID Chipset Reference
- Getting Started
- Advice & Tips
- Updating Software & Kernel
- Web Browser Experience
- ODROID CPU Clocking
- Multimedia & Kodi
- Vanilla Section
- ORGA Entertainment System
- Stock Platform Material
Download for C1/C1+/C0
ODROBIAN Jessie is available in flavors that you can choose from:
- Desktop (MATE)
- Vanilla (PURE)
ODROID C1/C1+/C0 (SOC) = "s805"