- much improved VC-1 and mpeg4 playback thx. to @peak3d and Amlogic themselves.
- new Lirc and Eventlirc packages for much quick Infra Red remote control response.
- a new Kodi advancedsettings.xml <remotedelay> (default is 1)
- IR remote number Millseconds delay can be tweaked - <remotedelay> </remotedelay>
- CPU Overclocking added to the boot.ini (default is now 1.632GHz)
- configurable - CEC adapter repeats and release. I use - remote button press delay before repeating > 50ms
- annoying CEC popup hidden.
- various Touchscreen modules included.
- Kodi Settings > Video Output tweak and C1 now limited up to 1080p resolutions only.
- Extra LE 7.0 Addons - install this Repo from Thoria and restart Now when signalled
- MySQL setup now handled inside Kodi settings > Services > MySQL
If using this option make sure you have LibreELEC settings > Network > Wait for Network before Starting Kodi > enabled.
(this may be reverted if causing issues)
- ssh password - le
- Extra Love added, as this was where the OE / LE journey began for me on the C1. I'm still very surprised by the speed of this wee little device for Kodi use !
- LibreELEC 8.0.0 - Kodi Krypton - coming as well soon - I may post that thread over in the LibreELEC C2 Sub-forum where it makes more sense to keep every thing in one place.
These OpenELEC releases include the AMLogic / Linux Frame Rate Automation Kernel, that provides perfectly synced 23.976/59.94Hz video output when used in conjunction with this Kodi setting:
System > Settings > Video > Playback > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > On Start/Stop
This allows Kodi to dynamically switch the TV's refresh rate based on the fps of the video content being played.
This is the proper way to run Kodi with this new Kernel, for perfect video sync and to avoid 3:2 pulldown judder when playing 23.976fps movies @ 60Hz.
Other personal tweaks have been added, the aim being to make it more like OpenELEC on the RPi2, but with much desired 1080p 8-bit HEVC playback capabilities added. Thats why I bought a C1 in the first place.
08 Nov '15 - NOTES for EVERYONE
I've actually made it a requirement from this point onwards, to avoid confusion and save everyones time. That a Kodi debug log is posted if anyone is having audio sync or video playback problems. There are too many versions of OpenELEC to deal with and I will not be responding to vague reports of bugs without a supplied Kodi Debug Log and a brief note included about the way the C1 is connected to the TV and AVR and what Hardware is actually used.
No OpenELEC audio sync or video playback problems will be looked at from this point going forward unless a Kodi Debug log is supplied, see the Kodi Wiki for details on simple Debug Log setup instructions:
General OpenELEC and Kodi configuration and usability problems can be posted in the normal manner.
Happy New Year Everybody !
And now another Runnerway & wrxtasy presentation, I like to call the Long Overdue OpenELEC GUI Tearing Fix
I cannot tell you how much this has annoyed me lately on all AMLogic OpenELEC platforms. Now its finally fixed, and damn I'm happy !
Thanks go to WeTek & AMLogic for the new OpenGL video drivers that fixed the Kodi GUI tearing.
Hassling Codesnake did produce results
Runnerway updated the Kernel with new r5p1 merges. I'm nicknaming him Mr. Merge Master !
Configure any IR remote control to work with OpenELEC HERE
OpenELEC 7.0.0 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1 Final NEW: 20.May.16
- Update libamcodec video decoder for improved video quality. Especially noticeable when viewing Interlaced TV.
> No more strobing bright red/pink/green/fluro colors.
- Fix the lost Kodi settings bug. They are now saved immediately after changing.
- The PVR EPG search bug is fixed.
- Added a Thumbnail cleaner switch
- Added a user adjustable - mpeg2 / mpeg4 - hardware / software video decoder setting for decode flexibility.
- A bunch of performance improvement tweaks like Thumbnail loading speedup and ffmpeg demuxer.
- And the long awaited fix for stuttering Interlaced DVD playback, using my YADIF mpeg2 software deinterlacing mod.
NOTE - the SSH password has changed to ol as I'm sick of typing openelec
OpenELEC 22.214.171.124 - Kodi Jarvis 16.1rc2 25.Mar.16
- Geniatech/MyGica T230/AugustT210v2 || Silicon Labs Si2148 / Silicon Labs Si2168 / Cypress EZ-USB FX2 CY7C68013A patch.
- TvHeadend black screen issue fixed.
- Improved 23.976fps video sync (23Hz pixel clock patch)
- Changed to the BFQ I/O Scheduler
- CPU Governor is now set to Performance by default.
- Mali Turbo included to speed up the Kodi GUI.
- VC-1 in mkv files, improvements for progressive video playback.
- LG Simplink HDMI-CEC support included.
- Bluetooth Pulse Audio Support added to Kodi.
- Edimax Dual Band AC EW-7811UTC (RTL8812au) USB WiFi dongle support added.
- Numerous Kodi optimisation patches nabbed from the RPi Repo.
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.9.RC4 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-126.96.36.199.Jarvis.16.1rc2.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 6.95.8.NK - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 RC2 - 28.Jan.16 the DVB Tuners release - Experimental
- What does NK stand for you ask ? Its shorthand for New Kernel !
- After a bunch of work I've finally successfully backported the v3.16 Kernel Media Tree into the new r5p1 / v3.10 Kernel
- It is based on Crashoverride's backporting work found HERE
- This increases the number of USB DVB Tuners supported by OpenELEC, DVB Tuners and their supported device ID's are found in this LIST
- If users issue this lsusb SSH command, you can find the ID numbers of a USB Tuner, eg:
Code: Select all
lsusb Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1415:0003 Nam Tai E&E Products Ltd. or OmniVision Technologies, Inc.
- A MMC /SD card patch went in as well which may help those with micro SDHC problems.
- Geniatech T230 DVB-T2 TV Stick support backported from v3.19 Kernel
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.8.NK.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 6.95.7.(S) - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 RC2 - 26.Jan.16
- HardKernel have now added support for HDMI CEC control on those troublesome LG Simplink TV's, use v6.95.7.S version.
- Kodi Sysinfo screen tidyup including CPU Temperature fix.
- Mouse turned off by default, re-enable in Settings > System > Input Devices - if needed.
- Unofficial OpenELEC Addons working again
- MyGica T230/August T210v2 DVB-T/T2/C USB Stick support added again to this Kernel
- The GPU drivers get the Mali_Turbo treatment for a bit quicker Kodi GUI, includes the previous GUI tearing fixes as well.
- Popcornmix's Shadertoy Screen Saver & Music Visualisation Repo included by default.
- mpeg2 video in .vob files (ie old DVD movie ISO Rips) now defaults to ff-mpeg2 Software decoding.
(overclocking may be needed for this)
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.7 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.7.tar file HERE
LG Simplink TV Owners Only:
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.7.S SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.7.S.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 188.8.131.52 - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Beta5 the GPU drivers fix
GPU OpenELEC-C1 GPU Fix 6.95.5.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 6.0.0 - Kodi Isengard 15.2 final the GPU drivers fix
This Kodi Isengard final will work on 720p only TV's as well. Kernel v3.10.100 and a bunch of tweaks have gone on under the hood as well !
GPU OpenELEC-C1 GPU Fix 6.0.0.tar file HERE
For developers (r5p1 Kernel required as well):
OpenGL-meson8 r5p1 GPU Driver Fix HERE
OpenELEC 184.108.40.206 - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Beta5 02.Jan.16
MyGica T230/August T210v2 DVB-T/T2/C USB Stick support added. (I checked it patched properly this time)
I've used a different Kernel source as well for this version so other DVB's may work, you can see the DVB Front-Ends supported in this Kernel HERE
I personally use the old, cheap Sony PlayTV DVB-T dual tuner:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/S ... uner_DVB-T
I've also done a bunch of Kernel configuring, removing redundant options for OE and activating some new ones.
29.97fps VC-1 video seems to play smother. Problematic mpeg2 .vob files will now default to ffmpeg Software decoding.
Also of interest is a HDMI CEC On/Off Addon that works on WeTek gear and the C1+
HDMI CEC On/Off HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-220.127.116.11.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 18.104.22.168 - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Beta4
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-22.214.171.124.tar file HERE
And for those that want to run the C1+ as a TvHeadend SAT-IP server combo, there are updated TvHeadend server Add-ons for the C1 available here (use the WeTek one):
OpenELEC 126.96.36.199 - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Beta3 04.Dec.15
This release will interest those who have a TV with a max resolution of 720p. I've switched back to Kodi mainline only code and this has given back a bunch of working resolution selections to Kodi. Also added the updated Jarvis compatible HDHomeRun PVR client and other PVR improvements, especially when used with the TvHeadend Server v4.0.7 - see the link below.
Tested with the very nice Jarvis compatible Skin Eminence 2.0 HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.95.3 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-188.8.131.52.tar file HERE
TvHeadend Server Update v4.0.7 (install from Zip in Kodi)
TvHeadend Server v4.0.7.zip HERE
Kodi Isengard 15.2 Final Chapter - you want speed. You got it!
OpenELEC 6.0.3 - Kodi Isengard 15.2 Final 08.Nov.15
Update Kernel again thanks to Runnerway, with Vertical Sync improvements for a smoother Kodi GUI
- This should now be set in Kodi Settings to improve GUI smoothness:
Settings > System > Video output > Vertical blank sync > Always Enabled
- All Kodi Dirty Regions custom advancedsettings.xml should be removed..
If you are running a Skin with lots of white background elements then you only need this in advanced settings:
Code: Select all
<gui> <algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions> </gui>
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.0.3.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 6.0.0 - Kodi Isengard 15.2 Final 01.Nov.15
New Background Artwork, subtle tweaks, Boblight patch and fixed the erroneous OSD Skip counter.
Includes Mali Turbo Kernel patch and OpenGLES 2.0 - r4p1 video drivers.
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.0.0 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.0.2.tar file HERE
And now some fun for Kids big and small, the - Kodi is Awesome Edition !
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.0.0.Kodi.is.Awesome SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-6.0.0.Kodi.is.Awesome.tar file HERE
Settings > System > Video output > Vertical blank sync > Disabled
Needs to be set to prevent Kodi GUI tearing and freezing problems.
AVR and Audio Sync issues, set a Audio Offset in Kodi OSD Settings:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#OS ... e_settings
Configuring OpenELEC and the HiFi Shield:
HiFi Shield Configure HERE
OpenELEC 184.108.40.206 - Kodi Isengard 15.2 Final aka the VFQ edition.
Firmware tweaks- Audio and video drivers and more.
Remote control HDMI CEC coloured media keys added, 3D H-SBS playback works.
Linux Firmware Bang Up to date with commit #f444f77
And runnerway has fixed the problematic HEVC video playback for some files with an AMLogic video driver tweak !
Mali Turbo update .tar
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-220.127.116.11.Mali.Turbo SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-18.104.22.168.Mali.Turbo.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 22.214.171.124 - Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Alpha4 - HEVC Fixes plus all the VFQ tweaks.
Users (Like Me!) running the TvHeadend server and client will love this release. There have been a bunch of PVR upgrades like Series Recording and Intelligent Scheduling and some nice Metadata tweaks for recordings. I also updated pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.mythtv (more on request).
I also finally fixed a long standing bug with mpeg2 TV Broadcasts where bright red and orange colours would flicker badly. I cannot tell you how much this has annoyed me watching Aussie Rules footy.
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-126.96.36.199 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-188.8.131.52.tar file HERE
EDIT: For users with .tar update problems:
Here is a fixed samba.conf file, this unzipped file needs to go into the ConfigFiles (/storage/.config) directory, then Reboot. This will fix all .tar update issues from this point onwards.
samba.conf update file HERE
Progress of Kodi Jarvis 16.x can be followed over in RPi section of the Kodi Forums:
Kodi Jarvis Progress HERE
I Strongly Suggest users Backup First before upgrading to Jarvis:
- Kodi > System > OpenELEC > Backup > Create System and Kodi Backup
Also this step needs to be taken to prevent Jarvis Hanging on boot, and then restarting whilst waiting for the Network to connect.
- Kodi > System > OpenELEC > Network > Wait for Network before Starting Kodi > Enable
OpenELEC 184.108.40.206 - Kodi Isengard 15.2rc3
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-220.127.116.11.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 18.104.22.168 - Kodi Isengard 15.2rc2
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-22.214.171.124.tar file HERE
OpenELEC 126.96.36.199 - Kodi Isengard 15.2rc1
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-5.95.5 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-5.95.5.tar file HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-5.95.4 SD card image HERE
OpenELEC-Odroid-C1-5.95.4.tar file HERE
.tar file needs to go into the Update directory, then reboot C1+ and wait about 1 minute.
Easy method, (use Manually updating OpenELEC):
I suggest using the program Cyberduck (SFTP / SSH File Transfer) for file transfers if needed.
Download this simple 1.782Ghz autostart.sh Overclock script and place it in the folder /storage/.config/
(Or the Configfiles directory when using Windows Explorer or OSX Finder)
Code: Select all
cd .config wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27641650/ODROID/autostart.sh chmod +x autostart.sh ./autostart.sh
Install Unofficial Repo from OpenELEC Mediacenter OS Addons > Add-on repository > Unofficial....