[Off-topic] Frack you COVID-19

domih
languages_spoken: English, French
ODROIDs: UX4, HC2, N2, N2+, H2, H2+, C4, HC4 - 1GbE, 2.5GbE, 10GbE, 40+GbE

[Off-topic] Frack you COVID-19

Post by domih »

Once we've got the vaccines to kill you crowds will celebrate your demise in many ways, like for instance... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Cjr7C-ERI

domih

Re: [Off-topic] Frack you COVID-19

Post by domih »

Dear Coronavirus, as promised back in August last year, we're beating you!

Not everywhere yet, but your impending demise is coming.

Fully vaccinated, my BFF and I went to the restaurant after 14 months of sheltering at home :-)

I even bought a t-shirt and pin to celebrate your upcoming disappearance :mrgreen:

Don't hope to come back killing us in the future, we will get a new vaccine each year, like we do for your flu cousins. Only the covidiots will want to play Russian roulette with you.

20210515_192557.png
20210515_192557.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 917 times
20210515_192811.png
20210515_192811.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 917 times

CONCLUSION: Coronavirus go rot in hell. You won't be missed.

I wish everybody to get your shots if not already.

Hopefully the rich countries will help the poor countries ?
These users thanked the author domih for the post (total 2):
joerg (Thu May 20, 2021 12:54 am) • brad (Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:44 pm)

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

Congratulation and I want to have the T-shirt too :D

I think I need to wait 5~6 months more here in Korea(poor country 8-) ) to get the shot.
To date, only seniors 65+ years of age and those in the healthcare industry are getting the vaccine.

domih

Post by domih »

odroid wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:38 am
Congratulation and I want to have the T-shirt too :D

I think I need to wait 5~6 months more here in Korea(poor country 8-) ) to get the shot.
To date, only seniors 65+ years of age and those in the healthcare industry are getting the vaccine.
You can find vaccine t-shirts on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=va ... t&_sacat=0, they have numerous models over many pages. They have t-shirts for normal people who want to get vaccinated a.s.a.p. and for conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers and all variations of covidiots. You gotta love Capitalism.

---

I guess you have Crazy Rich Asians in Gangnam as in Singapore :mrgreen:

---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... outh_Korea
By 22 April 2021, South Korea had 118,243 confirmed cases in total, with 1,812 deaths.

South Korea population: 51,829,023

https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB ... d-19+in+US
"Official" numbers today are 33,200,765 confirmed cases, with 593,419 deaths.

US population: 330,150,668

So if the US had been as successful as South Korea in terms of prevention, we would had have 11,542 deaths.

Last but not least:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... ted_States
<<...On May 6, a study by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation estimated that the true COVID-19 death toll in the U.S. was more than 900,000 people. On May 9, Dr. Fauci confirmed that the U.S. death toll was likely undercounted...>>

US historians will be unforgiving when writing about the period with enough real facts to point directly at the previous tenant of the White House.

Note that in the US, the number of cases, the number of deaths, wearing a mask, getting the vaccines, climate change, abortion, Jesus, guns, minorities and many other topics that defy the imagination are hot political potatoes. So factual real statistics will be OK to announce only in a few years. Given that COVID-19 is a cousin of the less lethal flu coronaviruses, it's probable that the CDC and scientists will anyway use these statistics to decide on yearly COVID vaccination without making noise nor caring too much about what is said in the US Congress which I now considers it to be an Institute of Mental Health rather than a place where laws are made.

The US has neglected its public education system for half a century. We pay the price with an uneducated populace ready to vote for incompetent policy makers.
These users thanked the author domih for the post:
odroid (Fri May 21, 2021 9:51 am)

mctom
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: N2+, Game Advance, a few XU4

Post by mctom »

odroid wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:38 am
In Poland, people as young as 18 can get vaccinated now, and generally speaking every adult can get a shot within a week.
A poor, backward country. Sounds like an astonishing achievement, right? But here's what actually happened:
Almost half of Polish senior citizens don't get their shots because they refuse them. The mass misinformation campaign in the media made seniors scared of the mysterious drug made from aborted fetuses (That's what right wing conservative media said, seriously).
I lost hope in humanity yet again. My grandpa and parents are vaccinated, that's all we care about, and the rest of this laughable country, well...
Stay safe, people!
Punk ain't no religious cult, punk means thinking for yourself!

Maintainer of PiStackMon

mad_ady
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, C4, N1, N2, H2, Go, Go Advance

Post by mad_ady »

I miss my previous life
See! That's exactly the reason why I keep a backup!
Edit: Got bitten by a sneaky spammer...
These users thanked the author mad_ady for the post:
odroid (Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:43 pm)

odroid
Site Admin

Post by odroid »

Regardless of the smart spammer....
I will get a booster shot this Friday.
I'm afraid we need to get the vaccine every couple of months. :(

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Got my booster in October.
I don't think there will be boosters forever. The drug industry is working on medicine you take when you're already ill. Once those prove efficient, we should be ok with fewer shots.
It's just a matter of time, imho.

mctom

Post by mctom »

I already got the booster (or third Pfizer shot, depends how you look at it).
I talked to the nurse who administered the drug and I asked how many people come these days to get their first shot (so changed their minds about the situation). She said barely anyone...
So far three people I knew are dead, two of them were at around my age and not vaccinated, the third one aged 90-something (may be unrelated).

If nothing changes, we'll spend our entire lives with COVID.
mad_ady wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 pm
The drug industry is working on medicine you take when you're already ill.
That would be the change I'm hoping for, but I'm worried this will take a lot of time to develop, if even possible...

Maintainer of PiStackMon

InsideJob
languages_spoken: English, Greek, Spanish

Post by InsideJob »

No vax, no mask, no problems! The leftist media keeps trying to debunk "right-wing" claims that are in fact true. Like fetal cells are used in the development of vaccines. And this is actually a immunotherapy drug anyways. Vaccines contain virus parts, which this does not.

I probably would have gotten it already if I wasn't having so much fun trolling leftists who believe everything they hear/see on TV "news"/propaganda. Just say "no" to Democrats! LOL
These users thanked the author InsideJob for the post:
L67GS (Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:15 pm)

nzone

Post by nzone »

InsideJob wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:27 pm

I probably would have gotten it already if I wasn't having so much fun trolling leftists who believe everything they hear/see on TV "news"/propaganda. Just say "no" to Democrats! LOL
I wonder if your obviously advanced knowledge on covid should be added to the GISAID databasehttps://www.gisaid.org/
Maybe under a section labeled "stuff smart fellows know"!!!!

odroid -

Please be aware your amazing country South Korea has currently got the AY.122 lineage circulating -
https://cov-spectrum.org/explore/South% ... age=AY.122

If you take a look at the following link -
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... meAdvegas1?

you will see the death rate of Russia which also has the AY.122 lineage circulating is close to 1 in 25 while the death rate of the UK which mainly has the AY.4*
lineage has a much lower death rate -

https://cov-spectrum.org/explore/United ... age=AY.4.2*

Please do not follow the nonsense "left verse right crap" and be aware ..... you and your loved ones are in great danger whether you are double, triple or whatever vaccinated!!!!

Here in New Zealand we have the AY.39.1.1 lineage -

https://cov-spectrum.org/explore/New%20 ... =AY.39.1.1

It's relatively benign compared to lineage AY.122.

The world thinks they can "boost" their way out of this pandemic but sadly this will not work.
Understanding which lineage should be let into a country to provide natural immunity and which lineage should be fought against at all cost is something that will need to be comprehended by the masses at some point in the future but for now there are far to many "graduates" of the "university of pfizer " to allow that to happen. In the mean time, be wise and most of all keep your loved ones safe. The whole world needs your country to succeed against this most evil delta lineage AY.122.

Best wishes Michael

L67GS
languages_spoken: English, Jibberish, Pig Latin
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

Post by L67GS »

I'm with InsideJob, except I don't mind wearing a mask. The vaccine is a bigger decision than a binary "yes" or "no".
On one hand we have a virus we may or may not get, that may or may not present symptoms. And on the other we have a shot that may or may not have been tested thoroughly, that may or may not make us sick on it's own, and may or may not protect us from the thing we want defense against.
The way I see it is I'm in good shape, aside from drinking, smoking, poor diet, and whoremongering, so I should fight the virus easily if it comes. BUT if I get the shot and it does mask symptoms I could unknowingly become a super spreader to those I care about.

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Here's a tough question... How do you reconcile people from both camps? I'd like to spend a quiet XMas with my pro-conspiracy folks...

L67GS
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

Post by L67GS »

mad_ady wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:56 pm
Here's a tough question... How do you reconcile people from both camps? I'd like to spend a quiet XMas with my pro-conspiracy folks...
With so much misinformation it's impossible. No matter who you talk to about it there's a "says it right here" to support their belief.

nzone

Post by nzone »

L67GS wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:27 pm
The way I see it is I'm in good shape, aside from drinking, smoking, poor diet, and whoremongering
Well...... what an awesome way to start my day. That really made me laugh :D
mad_ady wrote:
I'm not sure but can you ask your friends over XMas where they get their tinfoil hats ..... mine is really old and I fear the government's improved technology is now penetrated my brain :cry:

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1
Has thanked: 0

Post by crashoverride »

mad_ady wrote:
Start by realizing that if either one of you is 100% right, then it means the other will soon be dead. Then choose how you want to spend the time that is left.

While it sounds grim, it should hopefully underscore what is really important in life.
These users thanked the author crashoverride for the post:
mctom (Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:10 am)

mctom

Post by mctom »

mad_ady wrote:
I've spent 1/3 of my life hanging out with Mensa crowd, where you have these situations all the time.
Imagine you're stuck at the annual national or continental gathering with some 300 other brainiacs who all know for a fact they are exceptionally intelligent, and most of them got used to thinking they are always right.
The point of the gathering is to party, basically, which involves a lot of talking (and drinking).
The heated discussions about everything took place all the time, most of which results in two sides leaving a discussion in disgust, or carrying on even till the morning.

The point is, everyone think they're right and barely anyone is willing to change their mind. I highly regard exceptional people who are not like that.

So my strategy for last few Mensa gatherings was to listen to all that peculiar stuff people believe in. I even asked some questions to understand their opinions better. I just explored what exactly they believe in and why they think such things.
Usually people are very satisfied they were listened to, and treated with dignity. After that, they are much more willing to listen to you.
Personally I end the conversation here as I'm not interested in fixing the world. IF the person asks specifically about my opinion then I share it at this point. The results varied, but generally were peaceful.

One at a dinner with my parents (was that Easter?), my dad told us about his worries over the quality of rapidly developed Covid vax, and asked me if I'm going to take this suspicious drug.
I told him that we both used to be given soviet medicine and I don't think this one could be any worse ;) And reminded him of Russian drugs he got in the 1950-60s. Technology? Safety? Studies? :lol:

Maintainer of PiStackMon

nzone

Post by nzone »

mctom wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:59 am
mad_ady wrote:
The point is, everyone think they're right and barely anyone is willing to change their mind. I highly regard exceptional people who are not like that.
Indeed, that's why I read this forum. There are a lot of exceptional people here which is why I posted in this thread. My hope is the people reading this thread take the links I've posted above and start analyzing the data for their own country so in the hopefully near future we can discuss this very important subject minus all the left verse right, vaxed verse unvaxed nonsense.

I do not wish to push any side of the vaxed/unvaxed argument

With that in mind, allow me to bore you again with links I hope will be of benefit in your research.

Fully vaccinated people in UK suffer much higher infection rates than unvaccinated, and it’s getting worse every day -
https://www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-n ... every-day/

Is this true ?????
I guess vaxed people feel they are now protected hence are mingling more these days or is it the vaccine causing this. I have no idea. The uk is boosting at the moment so should get a short term turn around in the trend but for how long?????
Here is a link to the current data -

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ce-reports

New Zealand Case demographics
https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/di ... ographics

Scroll down to Cases by ethnicity

Studies [elsewhere] show New Zealand Māori and Pacific people are the most obese people in the world.

Clear indication obesity is the real killer?????

https://cov-spectrum.org/explore/New%2 ... ge=AY.122

Geographic distribution - did the cases of AY.122 in Auckland and Canterbury coincide with a surge in death here in NZ. At the time it appeared to me that was what was happening but that is only conjecture on my part as there is no data of what lineage the dead had to confirm this assumption. Why is this most important data not available?????

So please spent some research time when you have a bit of free time and start sharing your insights with friends and family so some debate base on data can start happening in this current stupid world of ours.

Thanks for your time.

mad_ady

Post by mad_ady »

Managed to get along with my folks this Christmas! Used the kids as a buffer to keep them occupied!

domih

Post by domih »

Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année à tous!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

¡Feliz Navidad y próspero año nuevo a todos!

메리 크리스마스와 새해 복 많이 받으세요!

mctom

Post by mctom »

Oh yes, I had nothing to say during the whole 2 days of family interaction. My sister has a baby now and that's all that matters apparently. ;)

Maintainer of PiStackMon

domih

Post by domih »

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Los Angeles, Jan. 18.<br />Emilio Virgen, a 63-year-old minibus driver, battled Covid-19 in the I.C.U. at Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital. Three days later, Mr. Virgen became No. 207 on the hospital’s list of coronavirus fatalities.<br />Isadora Kosofsky for The New York Times
Los Angeles, Jan. 18.
Emilio Virgen, a 63-year-old minibus driver, battled Covid-19 in the I.C.U. at Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital. Three days later, Mr. Virgen became No. 207 on the hospital’s list of coronavirus fatalities.
Isadora Kosofsky for The New York Times
merlin_183331233_023c10e4-b345-4565-b68b-07a4d5a95d27-superJumbo.jpg (244.34 KiB) Viewed 247 times

East Los Angeles, Feb. 1.<br />Brianna Hernandez, an apprentice embalmer at Continental Funeral Home, which is popular with working-class Mexican and Mexican American families. As Covid deaths surged, it was one of the most overwhelmed funeral homes in America.<br />Alex Welsh for The New York Times
East Los Angeles, Feb. 1.
Brianna Hernandez, an apprentice embalmer at Continental Funeral Home, which is popular with working-class Mexican and Mexican American families. As Covid deaths surged, it was one of the most overwhelmed funeral homes in America.
Alex Welsh for The New York Times
merlin_184536177_bd768a91-08a2-44a4-b92b-6fe349edc89c-superJumbo.jpg (360.13 KiB) Viewed 247 times

Data sources
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/646-re ... ving-in-it
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... tures.html
These users thanked the author domih for the post:
odroid (Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:41 am)

L67GS

Post by L67GS »

This was a cute thread, but it's becoming a bit less light hearted as of late. Perhaps it would be in the community's best interest for a MOD to lock it down before it combusts.

odroid
Site Admin

Post by odroid »

L67GS wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:28 am
This was a cute thread, but it's becoming a bit less light hearted as of late. Perhaps it would be in the community's best interest for a MOD to lock it down before it combusts.
I agree.
Sorry everyone, but this thread is locked. :cry:

Return to “General Topics”