trowgundam wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:49 pm
Baco wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:46 pm
trowgundam wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:40 am
Baco wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:30 am
The Update file. Requires RetroOZ 0.52b.
You mislabeled one of the Device change scrips. There are two items labeled Native. Looking at the gamlist.xml it is just the label, there is an item for both Top and Native. I changed it on my end to prevent my own confusion, and that device setup seems to work just fine, so probably just cosmetic.
Hi,

With the latest RetroOZ Update 0.52b viewtopic.php?p=337853#p337853, southoz added the RGB10MAX2 device (top and native). I only added that device.

Bye.
Ahh, I thought you had added that, hopeful SouthOZ sees this to change it. It's a minor, easy to fix thing.

Not sure if this is something you, Baco, or SouthOZ handle, but I've noticed in the Standalone-GO emulator for PSP a number of inputs can't be mapped. Noticeably the L2/R2 and Right Analog axes (on OGS). The same on the Max 2 although on it the R/L are swapped with R2/L2 (i.e. the R/L don't work and R2/L2 are mapped to L/R). I wasn't gonna bring it up if it was only the Max 2, but I tried it on both my OGS and OGA as well with the same results. All the buttons are detected just fine in the non "-GO" version, but that version performs poorly, at least on the OGS. Never tried it on the OGA because I don't like playing PSP on that screen.
Ok i understand what you mean:

- southoz has to fix the new device "Device XXX Native.sh" and "Device XXX Top.sh" files, to fix some errors in the paths that points to old device.
- I've to update the oga events service (AKA ogage) to support the new device.

Baco
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by Baco »

Hi

The OGAGE v0.7.1 update. https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/ogage/r ... /tag/0.7.1

To update unzip to /roms/ports/ folder like any other RetroOZ update process.
The Update file. Requires RetroOZ 0.52b.
Attachments
Update_OGAGE_0_7_1_rev1.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
Last edited by Baco on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

trowgundam
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super, Odroid Go Advance Black Edition
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by trowgundam »

Baco wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 am
Hi

Your update script has an error. The "fi" at the end is commented out and results in the script not running. Attempting to do so just results in the screen flashing black and dumping you back out to EmulationStation. Removing the "#" and the script runs as expected.

Baco

Post by Baco »

trowgundam wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:35 am
Baco wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 am
Hi

Your update script has an error. The "fi" at the end is commented out and results in the script not running. Attempting to do so just results in the screen flashing black and dumping you back out to EmulationStation. Removing the "#" and the script runs as expected.
Ok, thanks. Updated. :D

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.52b
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/h2JxyCjJ#I6qFKVvHz ... 9VZyh7umGA

- Update Emuationstation to 2.10.13.1 - Thanks to Baco - viewtopic.php?p=337900#p337900
- Update Ogage to 0.7.1 - Thanks to Baco - viewtopic.php?p=338078#p338078
- Update Retroarch to latest 1.9.11
- Fix pcenginecd folder name
- Add m3u to Sharp X68000 in es_systems.cfg
- Remove Network Settings from Options (In Emulationstation Thanks to Baco)
- Fixed control scheme (Retroarch, Emulationstation, Moonlight and SM64) - Community Tested which is a slow process which gave me time to fix the Odroid Go Advanced v1.1 controls :D :D :D :D

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.52b System Will Restart
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
odroid (Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:41 pm) • Baco (Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:24 pm)

Baco

Post by Baco »

southoz wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:33 pm
Update 0.52b

- Update Emuationstation to 2.10.13.1 - Thanks to Baco - viewtopic.php?p=337900#p337900
Should be "Update Emuationstation to 2.10.13.0"

Thanks.

Andyyy
ODROIDs: OGA BE, OGS and OG OG

Post by Andyyy »

southoz wrote:
Update 0.52b

- Fixed control scheme (Retroarch, Emulationstation, Moonlight and SM64) - Community Tested which is a slow process which gave me time to fix the Odroid Go Advanced v1.1 controls :D :D :D :D

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
Hello southoz,
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your active development. I really like your firmware. I posted in the RGHandelds about an issue with netplay on the OGA BE. I've used two OGAs both with freshly flashed images and my OGS. The devices will connect to whichever is the host, but the second player or connectee if you will, has no in-game controls.

Additionally, I updated to 0.52b and the start key no longer functions. So there is no way to bring up the main menu or trigger a safe shutdown(To my knowledge).

I'm a teacher at an elementary school and we are going to be building OGA's with the students. I'd really like to let the students use your firmware as I think it's the easiest to set up.

Thanks again! Have a great weekend!

Baco

Post by Baco »

Andyyy wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 pm
southoz wrote:
Update 0.52b

Hello southoz,
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your active development. I really like your firmware. I posted in the RGHandelds about an issue with netplay on the OGA BE. I've used two OGAs both with freshly flashed images and my OGS. The devices will connect to whichever is the host, but the second player or connectee if you will, has no in-game controls.

Additionally, I updated to 0.52b and the start key no longer functions. So there is no way to bring up the main menu or trigger a safe shutdown(To my knowledge).

I'm a teacher at an elementary school and we are going to be building OGA's with the students. I'd really like to let the students use your firmware as I think it's the easiest to set up.

You've to reselected the device in "Options --> Device".

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.52b
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/drZRVKRT#aWtrrUPXP ... 00#p337900
- Fix ogage reference in device profile
- Fixed control scheme (Retroarch, Emulationstation, Moonlight and SM64)

Last edited by southoz on Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
AlliPodHaxOdroid (Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:09 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Andyyy wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 pm
southoz wrote:
Update 0.52b

Hello southoz,

Hi, Andy you need to change the global control in Retroarch to Player 2, Player 3 and so on.

Select +X for Retroarch menu
Press B to go back and Select Settings
Input
Port 2 Controls
Device Index change to "GO-Advance Gamepad (rev 1.1)"

I will continue to fix the OGA controls as I do a review, while moonlight works for streaming steam the 480x320 screen and lack of a right joystick will impact the experience. The SM64 port is working well however you don't have Camera controls due to the missing right stick.

I hope your class gets into the firmware development, odroid has some great resources on their wiki and I highly recommend building a kernel from source, feel free to use the github resource in the first post.

AlliPodHaxOdroid

Post by AlliPodHaxOdroid »

southoz wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:42 am
Update 0.52b

The link to the update is not working, its just pointing to another post here.

Thanks.
These users thanked the author AlliPodHaxOdroid for the post:
pastamasta (Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:19 pm)

animeware
ODROIDs: OGA2.OG Super

Post by animeware »

AlliPodHaxOdroid wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:09 am
southoz wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:42 am
Update 0.52b

The link to the update is not working, its just pointing to another post here.

Thanks.
The link is working fine bro I just downloaded the latest update just now..... sometimes you got to click on the link 2 times to make it work.

pastamasta

Post by pastamasta »

They're right. When I click on that link it goes to another post.

Still, managed to get the link out with a little playing around: https://mega.nz/file/drZRVKRT#aWtrrUPXP ... oYQBLWOJxo

thecubasekid

Post by thecubasekid »

Hi Everyone

new user here, loving this OS (i am running 52b). i have a question hopefully someone can help.

i copied over some ROMs from my old Anbernic device (running ArkOS). Most have loaded fine, however, there are a couple of folders i copied that were not preexisting in RetroOZ that don't get picked up (all the roms i copied where rom folder exists in both ArkOS and Retro OZ worked fine, issue is just with the rom folders that exist in ArkOS but did not exist in Retro OZ)

genesis-hacks and nes-hacks are the two folders not being picked up. Is there a config file somewhere i need to edit so ES knows what these folders are and what type if roms they contain? if yes how do i pull it from my device to update, then send back updated? (i have been able to log in over wifi with putty, but no clue what to do after that)

Thanks

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

thecubasekid wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:49 pm
Hi Everyone

new user here, loving this OS (i am running 52b). i have a question hopefully someone can help.

i copied over some ROMs from my old Anbernic device (running ArkOS). Most have loaded fine, however, there are a couple of folders i copied that were not preexisting in RetroOZ that don't get picked up (all the roms i copied where rom folder exists in both ArkOS and Retro OZ worked fine, issue is just with the rom folders that exist in ArkOS but did not exist in Retro OZ)

genesis-hacks and nes-hacks are the two folders not being picked up. Is there a config file somewhere i need to edit so ES knows what these folders are and what type if roms they contain? if yes how do i pull it from my device to update, then send back updated? (i have been able to log in over wifi with putty, but no clue what to do after that)

Thanks
/etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg is what you need to modify to add new systems. Take one of the systems like genesis and copy it. Make sure you do some kind of XML syntax validation, Notepad++ got great plugins for that.
These users thanked the author ridsama for the post:
thecubasekid (Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:56 pm)

thecubasekid

Post by thecubasekid »

Thanks a lot ridsama.... that did the trick :D

GrafUberwald

Post by GrafUberwald »

I tried to add a system a couple of days back via exact the same route, but... whatever I try I can't access the file structure. It says that I need root access, which is password protected. I tried via different routes: winscp, accessing the memory cart via ubuntu and also putty. None of them worked. It seems that I am not allowed to change files on the Root partition, so what am I doing wrong. Help is appreciated :)

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

GrafUberwald wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:07 am
I tried to add a system a couple of days back via exact the same route, but... whatever I try I can't access the file structure. It says that I need root access, which is password protected. I tried via different routes: winscp, accessing the memory cart via ubuntu and also putty. None of them worked. It seems that I am not allowed to change files on the Root partition, so what am I doing wrong. Help is appreciated :)
Try using WinSCP to copy it to your own computer, then copy it to /home/odroid once you are done. Open ssh session (putty or WSL, odroid/odroid is the username and password), you can run "sudo cp /home/odroid/es_systems.cfg /etc/emulationstation" to get around any permission issues.
GrafUberwald (Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:47 pm)

thecubasekid

Post by thecubasekid »

i also had some issue in ssh. i could not get to the path at all. i ended up flashing armbian on a amlogic s912 device that i retired when Corelec dropped support for it in Kodi matrix (i had been meaning to do that for ages, and this spurred me on to have a go, i now have a tiny linux pc i can use for stuff i cant do in windows!). i then just plugged my SD in to the s912 device and was able to easily modify the file in a text editor in linux...

GrafUberwald

Post by GrafUberwald »

ridsama wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:57 am
GrafUberwald wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:07 am
Try using WinSCP to copy it to your own computer, then copy it to /home/odroid once you are done. Open ssh session (putty or WSL, odroid/odroid is the username and password), you can run "sudo cp /home/odroid/es_systems.cfg /etc/emulationstation" to get around any permission issues.
Thanks ridsama, that worked like charm! :D

thecubasekid

Post by thecubasekid »

i seem to have hit a problem with my new systems. nes-hacks and genesis-hacks have now disappeared. they were showing yesterday and i played few of the roms but today they are gone.

i did a couple of things since then but not sure / cant see that they are related?

i applied the Update_OGAGE_0_7_1_rev1

i tried few different themes then went back to the nes box master, that i originally had.

i also did a couple of (failed) scrapes. first scrape failed to complete as i ran out of space on my SD, so i cleared some space and scraped again. this completed but didn't update anything as it seems screenscraper site went down again sometime after my first scrape.

i checked the config file and the entries are still there, and i see the the timestamp for the last change to the config was when i updated it yesterday, and it was working after that. i double checked the roms are still in the expected folders and they are...

any ideas on what i can check to work out what the issue is?

Thanks!

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

thecubasekid wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:21 am
i seem to have hit a problem with my new systems. nes-hacks and genesis-hacks have now disappeared. they were showing yesterday and i played few of the roms but today they are gone.

i did a couple of things since then but not sure / cant see that they are related?

i applied the Update_OGAGE_0_7_1_rev1

i tried few different themes then went back to the nes box master, that i originally had.

i also did a couple of (failed) scrapes. first scrape failed to complete as i ran out of space on my SD, so i cleared some space and scraped again. this completed but didn't update anything as it seems screenscraper site went down again sometime after my first scrape.

i checked the config file and the entries are still there, and i see the the timestamp for the last change to the config was when i updated it yesterday, and it was working after that. i double checked the roms are still in the expected folders and they are...

any ideas on what i can check to work out what the issue is?

Thanks!
If the update contained that file it might copy from the update to there. Otherwise, I know there's a copy in /opt/.retrooz/universal folder. I believe when you switch between the different button layouts, it will copy from there to /etc/emulationstation.
thecubasekid (Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:19 pm)

thecubasekid

Post by thecubasekid »

thanks ridsama,

i found that last night and noted it was the old version without the two 'hacks' dirs included, and slightly smaller than the one in etc\emualtionstation. I tried copying from etc to the universal folder in armbian but didn't have permission to update on that path, so tried again in terminal using sudo and it worked, although not straight away. First boot after inserting SD with the version in 'universal' updated and matching the version in etc didn't help so i was off looking at other stuff but could not find anything. i thought maybe i needed a scrape to complete even though they did not show as an available system on the systems to scrape, but that didn't help. Second restart to my happy surprise they came back, but were deselected from view (i only noticed when doing another scrape that they had been picked up and were now listed as systems i can scrape) so added them to the selected systems to display and all good again :-)

sleeper_service

Post by sleeper_service »

When is Portsmaster going to be fully supported on RetroOZ? There are a few ports in there that would be much better on the OGS and clones than on the smaller screens ArkOS supports.

Return to “Projects”