Third party OS images and hardware mods
southoz
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by southoz »

Christian_Haitian wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:09 am
Just fyi, PortMaster currently has support for over 40 ports. Most if not all should be compatible with RetroOZ. Below is the current list of supported ports as of the day and time of this post:

https://github.com/christianhaitian/ark ... PortMaster
Thanks for all your hard work Christian!
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
Christian_Haitian (Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:30 am)

southoz
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Post by southoz »

Update 0.51
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/5qhyjJSJ#wl0ixvTfF ... RZTU-XgbEk

- Add Backup and Restore Retroarch Core Configs and Remaps per device from /roms/backup
- Add exFat support
- Add Super Game Boy Support
- Add Streets of Rage Remake - Thanks to Christian
-- Wiki Page https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... age-Remake
-- Controls are device-dependent- Reads device variable to set the oga_controls controller type
-- Updated binary tested with 5.2 rev 550 files for best performance, see wiki for details.
- Add Undertale - Thanks to Anberports
-- Wiki Page https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/Undertale
-- Controls are device dependant - Reads device variable to set the oga_controls controller type
- Add Duke II (RigelEngine) - Thanks to jimfaker and lethal_guitar
-- Shareware Version included see https://github.com/lethal-guitar/RigelEngine[/b]
- Update Emuationstation to 2.10.8.1 - Thanks to Baco
- Update Blood to use new oga_controls - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/Blood
- Update and move to Tools USB Mount and Unmount scripts with support for multiple partitions - Thanks to Baco
- Update Retroarch to latest 1.9.8
- Update Retrorun to include Reicast deadzone and add OGA v1.1 version with Start on Key 17
- Update Timezone script - Thanks to Baco
- Fix AM2R Controls - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/AM2R
- Fix Amiberry and update to ArkOS amiberry script - Thanks to Christian
- Fix Nintendo Entertainment System and Gameboy Advance in es_systems.cfg
- Fix oga_controls to support
-- joystick drift and support reading of retrooz device variable.
-- exit via select and start hotkeys
- Fix OGS L3 and R3 mapping.
- Fix OGS PPSSPP SDL Key mapping.
- Fix Sonic CD Port speed with SDL Library
- Fix Retroarch and Retroarch32 Save Hotkey
- Remove ES Header and ES Fullscreen Scripts - Use Display Menu within Emulationstation - Thanks to Baco
- Remove Perfnorm Perfmax and Last Launch Log from Emulators - Duplicate from Options -> Advanced

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.51 System Will Restart
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 9):
dh3lix (Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:48 pm) • PK_SGXX (Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:01 am) • snarkrifice (Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:36 am) • intelliaim (Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 am) • Zogger67 (Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am) • Zeiram (Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:48 am) • odroid (Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:15 am) • nfriedly (Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:06 am) • ridsama (Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:21 am)

RvR23
languages_spoken: english, dutch
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by RvR23 »

xvrdmng wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:05 am
Hi, I wanted to ask if there's a way to change the default emulator from Neko II to Neko II Kai, Neko II rarely works and the Kai version works perfectly opening the roms directly from retroarch, from ES I only get Default if I try to select an emulator/core from the game metadata menu, I got the same behavior for mame 2010/2003. I also tried deleting the non kai emulator but that results in games not opening from ES.

Thanks for all the work you all do on this excelent piece of SW
Hi, I think you need to modify es_systems.cfg for this. For example, I have included some extra cores for the games in the mame2003 folder. After this, in ES under emulator settings, choose retroarch instead of auto and then you can choose the desired core. If you need help with modifying the systems.cfg just let me know.

Baco
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Powkiddy RGB10 Max

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

I release a new Emulation Station version 2.10.10.0.

- Master --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... /2.10.10.0

Changes:
- In 12h clock, should not display the most left 0 in hour, 08:00 AM/PM should be 8:00 AM/PM.
- Fix "Themes not display the 12H clock succesfully".
- Translate "POWERKEY BUTTON" string.
- Add options to permit menu fills all width and heigth of the screen. Increase ratios in autosize width menu option.
- When menu "Quit" isn't displayed (only exit option), change the name of the menu option to the selected action.
- Add option to change the action of the powerkey. Now you can select between shutdown and suspend. Needs OGAGE 0.4.0 https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/ogage/r ... /tag/0.4.0 and es-powerkey (int folder /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin) script.
- Improve translation of gamelist.
- Add option that with low battery, the display blinks. Needs es-display (int folder /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin) script.

The binary files are here https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... 10.10.0.7z

Bye and good work.
Attachments
scripts-and-ogage.zip
scripts and ogage files
(139.66 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Last edited by Baco on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author Baco for the post (total 5):
intelliaim (Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 am) • Zogger67 (Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 am) • Nexus360 (Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:33 pm) • nfriedly (Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:07 am) • ridsama (Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:25 am)

wummle
ODROIDs: Odroid go super

Post by wummle »

Hi Southoz

Could you add m3u to the x68000k options makes it much easier to work with multidisk games
Already done it manually on both my devices but i think other people may find it handy

If you ever want help creating an OTA update system give me a shout i have modified the one christian uses for my fork of ArkOS for the RG351M/P gets its updates via github over wifi.

intelliaim
ODROIDs: ODROID GO Super

Post by intelliaim »

Just wanted to say thanks southoz for the amazing firmware! Amazing experience on my OGS with RetroOz :)
Thanks baco for the ES updates, I really love the features in the latest update, I've been waiting for suspend with the power button. And thanks to Christian_Haitian for your work with the ports.
I know there's more people to thank :D
These users thanked the author intelliaim for the post (total 2):
Baco (Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:25 am) • Christian_Haitian (Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:32 am)

jeffortless

Post by jeffortless »

Hey, I'm having trouble updating to 0.51.

I flashed a brand new image from the top link on the main page (a 0.50 image) a few days ago. Everything ran great!

When I try to apply the 0.51 update as instructed, it looks like it's going through the update process, but starts spitting out errors and kicks me back to the menus again.

If I try to install the update again, I keep getting an error that says:
The required 0.50 Final Update has not been applied.

Please install the final 0.50 update before 0.51.

viewtopic.php?p=329269#p329269
If you follow that link, it leads you back to the 0.48 update. If you try to install that, it says you need to go to a page for the final 0.47 update, which leads you back to the main page, and as of 9/13, shows the the full image for 0.51.

I'm really confused. Did I do something wrong when I first installed the 0.50 image that was on page 01 a few days ago? I'm starting from scratch again and downloading and flashing the 0.51 image and won't touch it again until I figure out what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for any help!

intelliaim

Post by intelliaim »

jeffortless wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:13 am
Hey, I'm having trouble updating to 0.51.

I flashed a brand new image from the top link on the main page (a 0.50 image) a few days ago. Everything ran great!

When I try to apply the 0.51 update as instructed, it looks like it's going through the update process, but starts spitting out errors and kicks me back to the menus again.

If I try to install the update again, I keep getting an error that says:
The required 0.50 Final Update has not been applied.

Please install the final 0.50 update before 0.51.

viewtopic.php?p=329269#p329269
If you follow that link, it leads you back to the 0.48 update. If you try to install that, it says you need to go to a page for the final 0.47 update, which leads you back to the main page, and as of 9/13, shows the the full image for 0.51.

I'm really confused. Did I do something wrong when I first installed the 0.50 image that was on page 01 a few days ago? I'm starting from scratch again and downloading and flashing the 0.51 image and won't touch it again until I figure out what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for any help!
Just download the main 0.51 image and flash it. Boot up the first time and then you copy just the Sep. 11 0.51 update to the ports directory and run that, that's it. So yes, I think the main image was updated so you don't need any other incremental updates.

jeffortless

Post by jeffortless »

intelliaim wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:11 pm
Just download the main 0.51 image and flash it. Boot up the first time and then you copy just the Sep. 11 0.51 update to the ports directory and run that, that's it. So yes, I think the main image was updated so you don't need any other incremental updates.
Thanks for the reply!

Just to make sure I'm clear: You want me to go to the first page and flash the current full image of 0.51 (already did that), then download the incremental 0.51 update, load that into the Ports directory, then run that update as well?

intelliaim

Post by intelliaim »

jeffortless wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 am
intelliaim wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

Just to make sure I'm clear: You want me to go to the first page and flash the current full image of 0.51 (already did that), then download the incremental 0.51 update, load that into the Ports directory, then run that update as well?
That's correct.
These users thanked the author intelliaim for the post:
jeffortless (Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:48 am)

xvrdmng
ODROIDs: GO ADVANCE

Post by xvrdmng »

Hi, I tried adding these lines to test, but I still have only default / default for core and emulator selection in Emulation Station, thanks for your help

<string name="necpc-98.core" value="np2kai" />
<string name="necpc-98.emulator" value="retroarch" />
<string name="necpc98.core" value="np2kai" />
<string name="necpc98.emulator" value="retroarch" />
RvR23 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:03 pm
Hi, I think you need to modify es_systems.cfg for this. For example, I have included some extra cores for the games in the mame2003 folder. After this, in ES under emulator settings, choose retroarch instead of auto and then you can choose the desired core. If you need help with modifying the systems.cfg just let me know.

RvR23
languages_spoken: english, dutch

Post by RvR23 »

xvrdmng wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:38 am
Hi, I tried adding these lines to test, but I still have only default / default for core and emulator selection in Emulation Station, thanks for your help

<string name="necpc-98.core" value="np2kai" />
<string name="necpc-98.emulator" value="retroarch" />
<string name="necpc98.core" value="np2kai" />
<string name="necpc98.emulator" value="retroarch" />
I don't recognize this format for es_systems.cfg. I think the section should look something like this:

Code: Select all

<system>
      <name>pc98</name>
      <fullname>NEC - PC98</fullname>
      <path>/roms/pc98/</path>
      <extension>.d88 .D88 .hdi .HDI .zip .ZIP</extension>
      <command>perfmax; /opt/retroarch/bin/%EMULATOR% --config /home/odroid/.config/%EMULATOR%/retroarch.cfg -L /home/odroid/.config/%EMULATOR%/cores/%CORE%_libretro.so %ROM%; perfnorm</command>
      <emulators>
         <emulator name="retroarch">
            <cores>
               <core>nekop2</core>
               <core>nekop2kai</core>
            </cores>
         </emulator>
         <emulator name="retroarch32">
            <cores>
               <core>nekop2</core>
               <core>nekop2kai</core>
            </cores>
         </emulator>
      </emulators>
      <platform>pc</platform>
      <theme>pc98</theme>
   </system>

jeffortless

Post by jeffortless »

intelliaim wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:19 am
jeffortless wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 am
intelliaim wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

That's correct.
Just an update: I tried that and I got the same error message. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

jeffortless wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:49 pm
Just an update: I tried that and I got the same error message. Not sure what I'm doing wrong!
You should be just flashing the full 0.51 image on page one. Is there a problem with the full image?

xvrdmng
ODROIDs: GO ADVANCE

Post by xvrdmng »

Hi, I was modifying the wrong file, thanks for the tip, now I'm able to open NP2Kai as default emulator for PC98, the only problem that I can't fix is the Emulator selection for the System is not showing in the ES config and in the Metadata configuration of particular games.
RvR23 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 am

I don't recognize this format for es_systems.cfg. I think the section should look something like this:

Code: Select all

<system>
      <name>pc98</name>
      <fullname>NEC - PC98</fullname>
      <path>/roms/pc98/</path>
      <extension>.d88 .D88 .hdi .HDI .zip .ZIP</extension>
      <command>perfmax; /opt/retroarch/bin/%EMULATOR% --config /home/odroid/.config/%EMULATOR%/retroarch.cfg -L /home/odroid/.config/%EMULATOR%/cores/%CORE%_libretro.so %ROM%; perfnorm</command>
      <emulators>
         <emulator name="retroarch">
            <cores>
               <core>nekop2</core>
               <core>nekop2kai</core>
            </cores>
         </emulator>
         <emulator name="retroarch32">
            <cores>
               <core>nekop2</core>
               <core>nekop2kai</core>
            </cores>
         </emulator>
      </emulators>
      <platform>pc</platform>
      <theme>pc98</theme>
   </system>

Nehpets420
ODROIDs: RGB10
RGB10 Max
RGB20
RG351P
RG351V

Post by Nehpets420 »

wummle wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:14 pm
Nehpets420 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:55 am
I just setup my RGB10 Max with RetroOZ, and as I thought it was built as sort of a fork of ArkOS, I copied all games from my RG351P with ArkOS, and also copied everything from the BIOS folder right over.

So far everything works, with the exception of Scummvm. When I try to launch the menu, with the "menu.scummvm" file, it just loops back to ES. If I try to launch any of the games, it does the same.

I realized that there is a scummvm.ini file in the BIOS folder that, I copied over from ArkOS, that had incorrect folder locations. I fixed those so they appear to point to the correct locations, but it did not fix it. Is my only option to reflash the image, and start again to get my Scummvm working as it should?
Could you not flash to another card to get the files you need then copy them to the first card
Thanks for your reply :)

I actually just got a new SD card today, and flashed the RetroOZ image that Russ at Retro Game Corp said to use for the RGB10 Max. Right after the SD card was flashed, and right after inserting into the handheld to resize the partition, I put the Scummvm games on it (Folders named "[gamename].scummvm") and it still did not load any games. So it has nothing to do with the files that I copied over from my RG351P, it just doesn't work from the beginning.

Return to “Projects”