RetroOZ WIP

Third party OS images and hardware mods
southoz
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by southoz »

For those OGA v1.1 users what would be considered the normal "Select" and "Start" Buttons? At this stage I have mapped 12 and 13 but which is inline with the OGS however I am going to update to 12 and 17 as shown in https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... vanced-v11.
Buttons_OGA.png
Buttons_OGA.png (138.03 KiB) Viewed 3438 times
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
odroid (Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:55 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 25 June
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=330983#p330983

- Add Support for OGA Version 1.1 in Emulationstation, Retroarch, Retroarch32, Retrorun, Branding and Hotkeys - Options -> Device -> Odroid Go Advanced v1.1
- Add Clear Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations.
- Add Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations rescue scripts.
- Add Moonlight game streaming with support for Local Servers. https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... etup-Guide
- Add Show Favorites First to Game Collection Menu
- Add VVVVVV Media Thanks to - Thanks to Cisko
- Add Spanish Language extension to Emulationstation - Thanks to Baco and Cisko
- Add Blood Controls Rescue Script.
- Add CrocoDS as Amstrad CPC Core option.
- Add .dsk .DSK .cpc and .CPC as Amstrad CPC supported file type.
- Add Enable and Disabled Retroarch logging under Advanced and moved logs to /roms/logs folder for easy access.
- Update OpenBor script - Thanks to Baco
- Update Return to Castle Wolfenstein autoexec.cfg for increased brightness - Thanks to Musa
- Update Retroarch and Retroarch to 1.9.5
- Fix Retroarch32 save file and Retroarch save state location to the content folders (will move any new states and save from 0.49 to /roms).
- Fix Emulationstation Systems rescue script - Thanks to Baco
- Fix Deviloution - Needs to be run twice to start, will investigate.
- Fix Some Emulationstation Translations missing in code - Thanks to Baco
- Fix Linux Journal filling the Linux partition (source of many issues).

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.50 System Will Restart

Does not overwrite current Emulationstation Binary - Select Header or Fullscreen in Options -> Advanced to update to the release in the update.

Moonlight needs to first be paired with the PC running Geforce Experience by selecting "SERVER - PAIR WITH SERVER" and then generate the application start files with "SERVER - GENERATE APPLICATION FILES". The moonlight.conf file in the moonlight directory can be edited to set bitrate, fps, codec and platform.
Last edited by southoz on Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sean67854
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sean67854 »

New question: -- Are m3u files supported for Saturn? I have a few that refer to .CD1, .CD2 files etc. I didn't expect the CD files to show up, the m3u files don't show either.

geezer500

Post by geezer500 »

southoz wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:33 am
For those OGA v1.1 users what would be considered the normal "Select" and "Start" Buttons? At this stage I have mapped 12 and 13 but which is inline with the OGS however I am going to update to 12 and 17 as shown in https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... vanced-v11.
Buttons_OGA.png
I think 12 and 17 makes better sense for the OGA, It's basically both thumbs and works really well for Batocera.
I see that 14 & 16 are not mapped on the OGA... is there any way to map these directly to volume?
I use Batocera simply for that (and 13 & 16 are brightness), I find that I don't really use L3 & R3 on the OGA.

southoz

Post by southoz »

sean67854 wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:18 pm
New question: -- Are m3u files supported for Saturn? I have a few that refer to .CD1, .CD2 files etc. I didn't expect the CD files to show up, the m3u files don't show either.
Retrorun Multidisk support is a bit hit an miss, what people have done with Dreamcast is play until the disk swap then start with the next disk using the save file.
geezer500 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:41 am
southoz wrote:
Buttons_OGA.png
I think 12 and 17 makes better sense for the OGA, It's basically both thumbs and works really well for Batocera.
I see that 14 & 16 are not mapped on the OGA... is there any way to map these directly to volume?
I use Batocera simply for that (and 13 & 16 are brightness), I find that I don't really use L3 & R3 on the OGA.
I am going to look at this today, over on discord I got a similar answer
12 and 17, 13 and 14 are volume control and 15 and 16 are brightness control
geezer500 (Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:51 am)

geezer500

Post by geezer500 »

southoz wrote:
Thanks, I know it's a fairly minor thing, but weirdly it's the one thing that keeps me on Batocera.

plaidman

Post by plaidman »

I ordered my device and it should be here monday. I'm totally stoked to crack into this OS. Thanks southoz for your continued development!
These users thanked the author plaidman for the post:
southoz (Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am)

Petabread

Post by Petabread »

Hi all. I have a quick question for you. When trying to use the online updater in retroarch, I get the error "failed to retrieve core list!" No matter what I do. I’m connected to WiFi, everything else works, and I’ve pretty much treated this the way I would any other OS. Is this normal in RetroOz, or am I doing something wrong?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered already, but I searched and searched, and I only could find answers dating back to when libretro was hacked about a year ago (and there really weren’t any solutions mentioned.) Thank you southoz for developing this for us!

southoz

Post by southoz »

Petabread wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 am
Hi all. I have a quick question for you. When trying to use the online updater in retroarch, I get the error "failed to retrieve core list!" No matter what I do. I’m connected to WiFi, everything else works, and I’ve pretty much treated this the way I would any other OS. Is this normal in RetroOz, or am I doing something wrong?

I apologize in advance if this has been answered already, but I searched and searched, and I only could find answers dating back to when libretro was hacked about a year ago (and there really weren’t any solutions mentioned.) Thank you southoz for developing this for us!
No its definately a legitimate question, the cores updater is pointing at a invalid source to prevent updating of cores.

The plan with 1.0 is to setup a mirror of Christian's ArkOS cores https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores for cross device netplay compatibility.

At this stage the only reason I have not updated it to the Fork https://github.com/southoz/retroarch-cores is the need to move it onto a standalone retrooz server as github raw was not working as a core source.
Petabread (Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:17 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

geezer500 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:56 am
southoz wrote:
Thanks, I know it's a fairly minor thing, but weirdly it's the one thing that keeps me on Batocera.
I got bogged down packaging the retrooz debian files for the 1.0 release, I am planning a few days away so want to get a working version into the 0.50 beta for testing tomorrow before I leave.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 28 June
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/d7wGlRLA#QupgoQ7jq ... tK1bn7x-I4

- Add Support for OGA Version 1.1 in Emulationstation, Retroarch, Retroarch32, Retrorun, Branding, Volume and Brightness Controls.
-- https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... vanced-v11 - Sleep is hotkey plus X, sleep did not resume correctly during testing.
-- Options -> Device -> Odroid Go Advanced v1.1
- Add Retroarch and Retroarch32 Core / Content directory configurations rescue scripts.
- Add Moonlight game streaming with support for Local Servers. https://github.com/moonlight-stream/moo ... etup-Guide
- Add Enable and Disabled Retroarch logging under Advanced and moved logs to /roms/logs folder for easy access.
- Update Return to Castle Wolfenstein autoexec.cfg for increased brightness - Thanks to Musa
- Fix Retroarch32 save file and Retroarch save state location to the content folders (will move any new states and save from 0.49 to /roms).

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.

Does not overwrite current Emulationstation Binary - Select Header or Fullscreen in Options -> Advanced to update to the release in the update.

Moonlight needs to first be paired with the PC running Geforce Experience by selecting "SERVER - PAIR WITH SERVER" and then generate the application start files with "SERVER - GENERATE APPLICATION FILES". The moonlight.conf file in the moonlight directory can be edited to set bitrate, fps, codec and platform.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
geezer500 (Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:39 pm) • odroid (Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:10 am)

geezer500

Post by geezer500 »

southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm
- Add Support for OGA Version 1.1 in Emulationstation, Retroarch, Retroarch32, Retrorun, Branding, Volume and Brightness Controls.
Awesome! Thanks for that, downloading now... will test in the next day or so :-) Enjoy your few days away... (for pleasure I hope! :-) )

Petabread

Post by Petabread »

southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:43 am
Petabread wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 am

No its definately a legitimate question, the cores updater is pointing at a invalid source to prevent updating of cores.

The plan with 1.0 is to setup a mirror of Christian's ArkOS cores https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores for cross device netplay compatibility.

At this stage the only reason I have not updated it to the Fork https://github.com/southoz/retroarch-cores is the need to move it onto a standalone retrooz server as github raw was not working as a core source.
Thank you for the response, my friend. Glad to know it’s not something I’m messing up. Again, I appreciate your work!

southoz

Post by southoz »

geezer500 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:40 pm
southoz wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:51 pm
Awesome! Thanks for that, downloading now... will test in the next day or so :-) Enjoy your few days away... (for pleasure I hope! :-) )
A lot more work to go and I will update the 0.50 beta with the other emulators as I package them for the 1.0 release.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Does anyone use the PPSSPP-GO version? I am thinking of removing it as it only uses the Go2 libs for audio and doesn't bring any performance gains that I am aware of. @romadu has provided a controllers.ini (a while back but I do remember) that makes the SDL version better with Dpad while in menu. The other issue with the GO version is I believe crash has hardcoded the exit emulator to the select button (SDL 12) so everytime you press select it quits

deadbird

Post by deadbird »

southoz wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:56 pm
Does anyone use the PPSSPP-GO version? I am thinking of removing it as it only uses the Go2 libs for audio and doesn't bring any performance gains that I am aware of. @romadu has provided a controllers.ini (a while back but I do remember) that makes the SDL version better with Dpad while in menu. The other issue with the GO version is I believe crash has hardcoded the exit emulator to the select button (SDL 12) so everytime you press select it quits
PPSSPP-GO is much faster, Ridge Racer 2 can run at 40 - 60fps with it, with PPSSPPSDL, just about 30fps

snarkrifice
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Super

Post by snarkrifice »

deadbird wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 pm
southoz wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:56 pm
PPSSPP-GO is much faster, Ridge Racer 2 can run at 40 - 60fps with it, with PPSSPPSDL, just about 30fps
I've had the same experience - mainly noticeable with Crisis Core FF7, but I haven't done much testing beyond a few minutes of initial gameplay as yet. RetroGameCorps' videos mention that that can be expected as well, IIRC.

Sidenote, those videos tuned me into this project - and many thanks to you, southoz, for what you've done and are doing with this. Love it!

southoz

Post by southoz »

deadbird wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 pm
snarkrifice wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:46 am
I've had the same experience - mainly noticeable with Crisis Core FF7, but I haven't done much testing beyond a few minutes of initial gameplay as yet. RetroGameCorps' videos mention that that can be expected as well, IIRC.

Sidenote, those videos tuned me into this project - and many thanks to you, southoz, for what you've done and are doing with this. Love it!
Thanks for the feedback, it matches the returns I have had over in the Discord Channel, I will try and find the hard exit function in the code and move the button or even better make it start + select to match retroarch. Additionally, I will try and port across the 30fps hack from the SDL version. While the target is 1.0 I will back port the changes into the rolling 0.50 beta.
snarkrifice (Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:04 am)

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1

Post by crashoverride »

southoz wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:32 am
I will try and find the hard exit function in the code
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/p ... #L703-L704
These users thanked the author crashoverride for the post (total 2):
southoz (Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:53 pm) • snarkrifice (Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:03 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 30 June
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=331234#p331234

-- https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki ... vanced-v11 - Sleep is hotkey plus X, sleep did not resume correctly during testing.
- Add /rom/tools as a symbolic link to /opt/system/Tools for external addons.
- Update Plymouth text to RetroOZ for tools that scrape the value to id the distro.

Last edited by southoz on Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petabread (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 pm)

SgtJimmyRustles
ODROIDs: None

Post by SgtJimmyRustles »

Hey there. I'm JimmyRustles from SBCGaming (Sbcgaming.net, /r/sbcgaming, and the sbcgaming discord) and I wanted to see if you needed a project file host to host your firmware, because I'd love to do that for you. Please feel free to reach out to me via email, reddit, or discord. Email is contact@sbcgaming.net

Baco
languages_spoken: spanish
ODROIDs: Powkiddy RGB10 Max

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

I release a new versión 1.1.2.
- Header --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... /tag/1.1.2
- Fullscreen --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... fullscreen.

Changes:

- Complete Internationalization of the application.
- Add clock 12H time format.
- Correct brigtness value in header.
Last edited by Baco on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Baco for the post (total 2):
odroid (Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:16 am) • southoz (Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:03 am)

abo666
ODROIDs: oga v1

Post by abo666 »

i hope you can give us/me early adopters some love. We don't have buttoms 16 or 17. after B to Y we go; left 4 to right 5 and right down to d-pad 6-9 so for us L2 should be 10 and R2 15. i figure most people would like to have select and start at 12 and 13. i think most people would like to have option to fix volume over brightness... so 11 volume down - 14 volume up (OGA V1 - setup)
Last edited by abo666 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

abo666

Post by abo666 »

In psx i can't start a game because start buttoms is 17... most games dont use dpad so not a big problem but. No start buttom is!!!! And i can't use select 16 to fix it...

southoz

Post by southoz »

abo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:02 am
i hope you can give us/me early adopters some love. We don't have buttoms 16 or 17. after B to Y we go; left 4 to right 5 and right down to d-pad 6-9 so for us L2 should be 10 and R2 15. i figure most people would like to have select and start at 12 and 13. i think most people would like to have option to fix volume over brightness... so 11 volume down - 14 volume up (OGA V1 - setup)
No problems, happy to work with you on supporting the original OGA.
abo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:50 am
In psx i can't start a game because start buttoms is 17... most games dont use dpad so not a big problem but. No start buttom is!!!! And i can't use select 16 to fix it...
It may be due to the pad type that you have selected, if you remember there were originally no analogue sticks on the PSX controller.

Select + X -> Controls -> Port 1 Controls -> Device Type to "Standard".
abo666 (Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:45 pm)

southoz

Post by southoz »

SgtJimmyRustles wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:47 am
Hey there. I'm JimmyRustles from SBCGaming (Sbcgaming.net, /r/sbcgaming, and the sbcgaming discord) and I wanted to see if you needed a project file host to host your firmware, because I'd love to do that for you. Please feel free to reach out to me via email, reddit, or discord. Email is contact@sbcgaming.net
Thanks Jimmy! definitely one I will be adding to the considerations.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 2 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=331269#p331269

- Update Retroarch and Retroarch32 cores location to point to Christians repository.
- Update Plymouth text to RetroOZ for tools that scrape the value to id the distro.

Last edited by southoz on Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 3):
Baco (Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:12 pm) • abo666 (Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:11 am) • Petabread (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:30 pm)

abo666

Post by abo666 »

select buttom non exiting 16... start 17...

southoz

Post by southoz »

abo666 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:49 pm
select buttom non exiting 16... start 17...
Understood, you want a version where there select and start buttons are set to 11 and 14 and volume on 12 and 13?

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 4 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=331425#p331425

- Update Retroarch and Retroarch32 cores location to point to ArkoOS core repository.

PSP progressing slowly SDL Version 1.11.3 compiled with working 30FPS hack which shows some improvement, Go version controller mapping with exit is now start + select and start and select are mapped to SDL12 and SDL13 instead of 14 and 15.
Last edited by southoz on Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
livinitwarrior (Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:49 am) • Petabread (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:31 pm)

livinitwarrior
ODROIDs: r351V, r 351M, RGB10 Max

Post by livinitwarrior »

Anyway to add the file manager in soon? So far this OS is by far my preferred. Eager for the 1.0 release!

Baco

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

In your last image "RetroOZ WIP 0.49 - 2.40GB", there is an error, the link "/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libSDL2.so" point to "libSDL2-2.0.so.0.10.0" but in the system, thi SDL2 library installed version is "libSDL2-2.0.so.0.12.0".

Thanks and good work.
Last edited by Baco on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

livinitwarrior wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:47 am
Anyway to add the file manager in soon? So far this OS is by far my preferred. Eager for the 1.0 release!
I had a play a month or so ago with Areascouts SDL 2.12, while I got the OGS controls mapped the pop up window was invisible making the file manager impossible to use. I can look at this in the future.
Baco wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:49 pm
Hi southoz:

In your last image "RetroOZ WIP 0.49 - 2.40GB", there are an error, the link "/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libSDL2.so" point to "libSDL2-2.0.so.0.10.0" but in the system, thi SDL2 library installed version is "libSDL2-2.0.so.0.12.0".

Thanks and good work.
Wierd I fixed that issue a while back, I will reimage and check.

Code: Select all

odroid@retrooz:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu$ ls -a -l libSDL2.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48 Jun  2 10:16 libSDL2.so -> /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0.12.0
0.49 image with latest 0.50b

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      48 May 25 05:05 libSDL2.so -> /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0.12.0
Petabread (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:32 pm)

Baco

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

There is an error on script file "/usr/local/bin/current_brightness", the correct code should be the next:

#!/bin/bash

curbright=$(cat /sys/class/backlight/backlight/brightness);
maxbright=$(cat /sys/class/backlight/backlight/max_brightness);

echo $((($curbright * 100)/$maxbright))
With that, in Emulation Station fullscreen mode, you should be able to correct the value of the brightness showed in main menu.

Thanks and good work.
These users thanked the author Baco for the post (total 2):
Petabread (Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:31 pm) • southoz (Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:47 pm)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 6 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=331800#p331800

- Update Retroarch and Retroarch32 cores location to point to ArkoOS core repository.
- Fix Brightness Displayed in Full-Screen Menu - Thanks to Baco

PSP progressing slowly SDL Version 1.11.3 compiled with working 30FPS hack which shows some improvement, Go version controller mapping with exit is now start + select and start and select are mapped to SDL12 and SDL13 instead of 14 and 15.
Last edited by southoz on Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 4):
odroid (Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:44 pm) • Petabread (Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:30 pm) • Baco (Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:48 am) • abo666 (Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:21 am)

Christian_Haitian
ODROIDs: Go, Go Advance

Post by Christian_Haitian »

Retroarch is now on 1.9.6. No improvements for this chipset though.
A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

Hi, let me preface with that I am a newb with these retro handhelds and I really appreciate the time and effort you have put in for RetroOZ. This OS seems to be the collection of all that is good for these handhelds. I recently received in the mail the unnamed device (on these boards) and I was up and running with the roms that I previously scraped with Skraper. Another thing that I wanted to do on this handheld is running the many different ports, such as AM2R and Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight plays really nice.

For AM2R, I ran into issues with the controls. I took the time to remap it to this:

# quit
back = esc
start = enter
a = s
b = z
x = a
y = x
l1 = leftshift
l2 = space
l3 = mouse_left
r1 = a
r2 = leftctrl
r3 = mouse_right
up = up
down = down
left = left
right = right
left_analog_up = up
left_analog_down = down
left_analog_left = left
left_analog_right = right
right_analog_up = up
right_analog_down = down
right_analog_left = left
right_analog_right = right
deadzone_y = -500
deadzone_x = 500
This might not be for everyone but I hope it provides a good starting point. I used L1/R1 for more fighting oriented actions since these buttons are bigger. L2/R2 for more exploration actions. Usually these are reversed when playing on controller on PC.
Now comes my questions about these controls, is it possible to emulate controller rather than emulating keyboard input? I can't seem to use the direction pad for left and right, seems to get stuck or something. Up and down works fine. I have to use the left stick to play which for a classic 2D game, it's not ideal. Is this affected by the deadzone_x? I tried to use -500, the same as deadzone_y, but it behaves even more irradically (moves on its own). Is there a better solution to this? Also, last thing for AM2R, I noticed it's version 1.1, the latest is 1.5.2. Quite a lot has improved over time, is updating possible?

southoz

Post by southoz »

ridsama wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:04 am
Hi, let me preface with that I am a newb with these retro handhelds and I really appreciate the time and effort you have put in for RetroOZ. This OS seems to be the collection of all that is good for these handhelds. I recently received in the mail the unnamed device (on these boards) and I was up and running with the roms that I previously scraped with Skraper. Another thing that I wanted to do on this handheld is running the many different ports, such as AM2R and Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight plays really nice.

For AM2R, I ran into issues with the controls. I took the time to remap it to this:

# quit
back = esc
start = enter
a = s
b = z
x = a
y = x
l1 = leftshift
l2 = space
l3 = mouse_left
r1 = a
r2 = leftctrl
r3 = mouse_right
up = up
down = down
left = left
right = right
left_analog_up = up
left_analog_down = down
left_analog_left = left
left_analog_right = right
right_analog_up = up
right_analog_down = down
right_analog_left = left
right_analog_right = right
deadzone_y = -500
deadzone_x = 500
This might not be for everyone but I hope it provides a good starting point. I used L1/R1 for more fighting oriented actions since these buttons are bigger. L2/R2 for more exploration actions. Usually these are reversed when playing on controller on PC.
Now comes my questions about these controls, is it possible to emulate controller rather than emulating keyboard input? I can't seem to use the direction pad for left and right, seems to get stuck or something. Up and down works fine. I have to use the left stick to play which for a classic 2D game, it's not ideal. Is this affected by the deadzone_x? I tried to use -500, the same as deadzone_y, but it behaves even more irradically (moves on its own). Is there a better solution to this? Also, last thing for AM2R, I noticed it's version 1.1, the latest is 1.5.2. Quite a lot has improved over time, is updating possible?
Thanks, definitely needs a lot more work as it was rushed, at the moment I am rebuild ppsspp and ppsspp-go for version 1.0, from there its mupen, drastic, scummvm and daphne and then I will come back to the ports.

ASMR itself is the Linux x86 executable running under box86 with a hacky version of Kris's amberport controls.
ridsama (Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:29 am)

Baco

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

I release a new Emulation Station version 2.10.4.0.
- Header --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... g/2.10.4.0

Changes:

- Auto-adjust the size of the metadata editing screen
- Date Edit component Help Prompt not showed
- Rating component Help Prompt not showed
- Games filter internationalization
- Changes in spanish traslations file
- Improve scraper traslations
- Correct the Utils::Time::timeToString() function
- Remove VERO4k code.
- Remove APPLE code
- Remove RPi code.
- Remove Windows code.
- Use GO2 library to manage the display Brightness

Bye and good work.
Last edited by Baco on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Baco wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:34 pm
Hi southoz:

I release a new Emulation Station version 2.10.4.0.
- Header -->https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... g/2.10.4.0

Changes:

- Auto-adjust the size of the metadata editing screen
- Date Edit component Help Prompt not showed
- Rating component Help Prompt not showed
- Games filter internationalization
- Changes in spanish traslations file
- Improve scraper traslations
- Correct the Utils::Time::timeToString() function
- Remove VERO4k code.
- Remove APPLE code
- Remove RPi code.
- Remove Windows code.
- Use GO2 library to manage the display Brightness

Bye and good work.
Awesome, finally got PPSSPP SDL version to quit on Select + Start and being up the PPSSPP menu with Select + X going to try and inject those changes into the GO2 version.

I am not able to create a pull request on your repository so I might have to manually do a diff on each of the 77 files.

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

I was able to get the latest 1.5.2 AM2R Linux version running on RetroOZ, but it's quite a bit slower compared to 1.1. If you disable wide screen mode it's faster but only slightly. I compared to Shovel Knight since that's running full speed and found there's two versions of box86 in /roms/ports. One in box86 and one in AnberPorts. I tried to run AM2R using the ShovelKnight.sh way of calling box86 (not from AnberPorts), at first it complained about missing libGLU.so, which I found in AnberPorts folder. I added that to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and game seems to boot with music, but no graphics just black screen.

I'm wondering if you build your own box86 and gl4es from ptitSeb's github? If so, can you also build his GLU (https://github.com/ptitSeb/GLU)? I think that should be more compatible with your build of box86 rather than the version in AnberPorts. That might even allow to use the controller like Shovel Knight does, which should fix many of the control issues with AM2R with keyboard mapping. I understand you are not focusing on Ports right now, but just want to share this info with you. Attaching AM2R 1.5.2 here in case anyone wants to use it.

https://mega.nz/file/TOwBhShZ#S9KNYSB0_ ... fwcSFgbg2s Extract it to /roms/ports, I made a new folder AM2R_152 instead of deleting old one, and then made copy of AM2R.sh and pointed to this new folder instead (so two versions). Make sure to delete palettes folder within mods folder, as told by AM2R subreddit, it should speed up the game. Also, adding "LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3" prior to running AM2R might also speed up in Linux (I tried but didn't do anything for me). Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/AM2R/comments/ ... ry_slowly/

southoz

Post by southoz »

ridsama wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:38 pm
I was able to get the latest 1.5.2 AM2R Linux version running on RetroOZ, but it's quite a bit slower compared to 1.1. If you disable wide screen mode it's faster but only slightly. I compared to Shovel Knight since that's running full speed and found there's two versions of box86 in /roms/ports. One in box86 and one in AnberPorts. I tried to run AM2R using the ShovelKnight.sh way of calling box86 (not from AnberPorts), at first it complained about missing libGLU.so, which I found in AnberPorts folder. I added that to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and game seems to boot with music, but no graphics just black screen.

I'm wondering if you build your own box86 and gl4es from ptitSeb's github? If so, can you also build his GLU (https://github.com/ptitSeb/GLU)? I think that should be more compatible with your build of box86 rather than the version in AnberPorts. That might even allow to use the controller like Shovel Knight does, which should fix many of the control issues with AM2R with keyboard mapping. I understand you are not focusing on Ports right now, but just want to share this info with you. Attaching AM2R 1.5.2 here in case anyone wants to use it.

https://mega.nz/file/TOwBhShZ#S9KNYSB0_ ... fwcSFgbg2s Extract it to /roms/ports, I made a new folder AM2R_152 instead of deleting old one, and then made copy of AM2R.sh and pointed to this new folder instead (so two versions). Make sure to delete palettes folder within mods folder, as told by AM2R subreddit, it should speed up the game. Also, adding "LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3" prior to running AM2R might also speed up in Linux (I tried but didn't do anything for me). Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/AM2R/comments/ ... ry_slowly/
Thanks for your hard work, no I don't currently build my own version of box86 but I plan to in the future and do the conversions myself and the information you have posted is gold.

Slowly chipping away with my own versions of PPSSPP and PPSSPP-GO. I should have a release of PPSSPP (1.11.3) today for the OGS and OGA with the final sticking point being I can not get buttons F4 (SDL 15) and F5 (SDL 16) mapped in-game which impacts the Native keys on the device we don't speak about in this forum :D I have a feeling that as the SDL version uses gamecontrollerdb.txt in the assets directory I might be able to swap that file when selecting "that device"

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 12 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=332077#p332077

- Update PPSSPP SDL to 1.11.3 with new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP
- Fix Retroarch32 Flycast Controller Type (reapply device to update).

PPSSPP-GO version will also be updated but there is still some work to do with hotkeys and such
Last edited by southoz on Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 3):
ridsama (Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:54 am) • livinitwarrior (Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 pm) • snarkrifice (Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:05 pm)

JLsoft
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Advance

Post by JLsoft »

Is there a simple way to get wifi activated on boot?

southoz

Post by southoz »

JLsoft wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:04 pm
Is there a simple way to get wifi activated on boot?
No the Wifi Control is after emulationstation has started, if you lose wifi you lose ssh and then it's serial all the way lolz!

Baco

Post by Baco »

Hi southoz:

I release a new Emulation Station version 2.10.5.0.
- Header --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... g/2.10.5.0
- Fullscreen --> https://github.com/JuanMiguelBG/Emulati ... fullscrean.

Changes:

- Added icon to "Display Settings" menu. It's should be configured in the theme.xml file as the rest of icons.
- Created new help images to uses in help prompt, to show better.
- Now in help prompt, get separated images for up/down and left/right images help.
- Added option to load themes randomly.
- Added some new translations in both collections and themes sections.
- Added option to show milliseconds in log.

Bye and good work.
Last edited by Baco on Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.50 - Beta - 17 July
Mega - viewtopic.php?p=332168#p332168

- Add Support for OGA Version 1.1 in Emulationstation, Retroarch, Retroarch32, Retrorun, PPSSPP SDL, PPSSPP GO Branding, Volume and Brightness Controls.
- Update PPSSPP SDL to 1.11.3 with new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP (reapply device to update).
- Update PPSSPP GO with 30 FPS Hack and new controller mapping - https://github.com/southoz/RetroOZ/wiki/PSP (reapply device to update).
- Fix Retroarch32 Flycast Controller Type (reapply device to update).
- Fix Quake Controls - Thanks to Plaindman (reapply device to update).

Last edited by southoz on Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 4):
livinitwarrior (Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:38 am) • ridsama (Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:55 am) • PK_SGXX (Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:03 pm) • BrosideTheOdroidGuy (Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:21 am)

BrosideTheOdroidGuy
ODROIDs: odroid go super

Post by BrosideTheOdroidGuy »

I'd like to see if I could contribute in some way. I'm no programmer, but if I could offer some way to use a file server to host the updates or maybe help in testing this github go script that download binary latest releases using the github API it would be helpful in streamlining these updates. I have some technical knowledge working in IT and want to do what I can to help because I find this to be my favorite OS on the Odroid Go Super. https://github.com/rhysd/go-github-selfupdate
These users thanked the author BrosideTheOdroidGuy for the post (total 2):
CountBuggula (Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:17 pm) • southoz (Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:31 am)

ridsama

Post by ridsama »

Wifi doesn't seem to work after waking from suspend. Using 0.49 on unnamed device. Is that fixed in latest 0.50?

plaidman

Post by plaidman »

I noticed the same issue as ridsama while running 0.50.

Return to “Projects”