[SOLVED] Ethernet doesn't work if board is booted without hdmi

webber
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 C4 N2 XU4

[SOLVED] Ethernet doesn't work if board is booted without hdmi

Post by webber »

So this is really weird. I was trying to solve an issue that was mentioned elsewhere in the forum regarding the hdmi not working if you replug it in. I managed to get that working by setting this in the env.ini file:

Code: Select all

disablehpd="true"
Then I noticed that the HDMI will not work if the board is booted without HDMI plugged in and then you plug it in after booting. This was fixed by changing hdmimode from "autodetect" to a fixed resolution.
That's not the ideal solution but I also noticed that the board is unable to acquire an ethernet connection when hdmimode is set to "autodetect" and you boot the board without and hdmi cable plugged in. This is also resolved when I set the hdmimode to the fixed resolution.

Any ideas what might be causing this or where I might be able to find some log files for more information? Fixing the resolution is not a viable solution for my application

Thanks
Last edited by webber on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

webber
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 C4 N2 XU4

Re: Ethernet doesn't work if board is booted without hdmi

Post by webber »

Well I figured it out after comparing my env.ini file to the default one. Someone else on my team had set the following and it was causing drivers to crash

Code: Select all

hdmimode="autodetect"
And it turns out that the mode set in the env file is the backup in case the system can't figure out which resolution to use so that's fine

I'm still not sure why the hdmi would break the ethernet though
These users thanked the author webber for the post:
odroid (Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:24 am)

Return to “Android”