Case(s) for multiple N2+ and SSD(s), fans?

m_ueberall
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: N2+

Case(s) for multiple N2+ and SSD(s), fans?

Post by m_ueberall »

Given that there will be an additional N2+/SSD combo lying on the desk by next week, has anyone seen a case for one or more ODROID N2+ which also allows to fixate an external SSD? (Bonus points if there's room for a fan and said case can be stacked or house more than one of said combos).

m_ueberall
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: N2+

Re: Case(s) for multiple N2+ and SSD(s), fans?

Post by m_ueberall »

Update: While I have not yet seen a suitable case, I found that the Icy Box IB-AC643 Internal Mounting Frame (product page) allows you to securely mount up to two 2.5" drives underneath an ODROID N2(+).
As a side effect, since the mounting frame is sturdy (made of metal and nicely coated), it adds to the weight of the combo—you'd still want to take care of strain relief w.r.t. all attached cables, but everything is held together accurately. If you already purchased a fan which comes with M2.5 spacers (as shown below), all required screws are included; without a fan, you'd likely need longer screws to attach the frame to the heat sink instead.

You can even connect two frames next to each other; if you use the plastic casing, you'd need a nut/a few washers because it's slightly wider than the frame. With the aforementioned plastic casing, you could theoretically also stack two N2(+) on top of each other, but I wouldn't recommend this without adding additional support on each side—In that case, some additional 3D printed parts might come in handy as demonstrated by @tobetter.

It turns out that two N2+ (with a fan and an SSD each) fit/sit on top of an Intel NUC8i7HNK quite nicely (even though the latter's top of the casing is slightly arched) without affecting their respective airflow. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author m_ueberall for the post (total 3):
odroid (Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:51 pm) • tobetter (Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:57 pm) • istanbulls (Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 pm)

Return to “Hardware and peripherals”