RetroOZ WIP

Third party OS images and hardware mods
southoz
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid Go Super

Re: RetroOZ WIP

Post by southoz »

Lolz, The professor and the highly sophisticated process of Retrohand held testing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5tj1RWD3F8

Professional Hackery :D
20210416_080722.jpg
20210416_080722.jpg (45.05 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
In line with the Professional Hackery, the first post has been updated with The List showing whats on the list and where its at. :D
These users thanked the author southoz for the post:
odroid (Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:05 am)

CountBuggula
languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: U3, C2, N2+, XU4, OGS

Post by CountBuggula »

Mario 64 controls worked fine for me - I'm guessing he overwrote the controls folder when copying the build.
I have 2 wifi dongles that don't work in RetroOZ despite others reporting they work on the OGS. Realtek RTL8811AU and RTL8811CU. Fortunately I also picked up a USB NIC so I've been using that but it's not exactly mobile.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078NRDTYK/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083KQ6JZR/

southoz

Post by southoz »

Neither are available in the Kernel but as I have the chipset details I will see if I can figure out out how to add them, on the List!.

Code: Select all

--- Realtek rtlwifi family of devices  
 <M>   Realtek RTL8192CU/RTL8188CU USB Wireless Network Adapter 
 [*]   Debugging output for rtlwifi driver family

<M>   RTL8723AU/RTL8188[CR]U/RTL819[12]CU (mac80211) support
<M>   Realtek 8812A USB WiFi 
<M>   Realtek 8192C USB WiFi
<M>   Realtek 8822B USB WiFi
<M>   Realtek 8821C USB WiFi
<M>   Realtek 8723B USB WiFi

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Post by odroid »

RLT8811AU shares RTL8812A driver.
RTL8821CU/8822BU/8811CU chipsets need 'usb_modeswitch' something like https://github.com/brektrou/rtl8821CU
These users thanked the author odroid for the post:
southoz (Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:00 pm)

Jpopel27

Re: RetroOZ WIP EasyRPG

Post by Jpopel27 »

Does anyone know if in RetroOz if you put easyrpg games in roms/ports/easyrpg or if you make an easyrpg folder that would be like this roms/easyrpg or if there is another way I'm unaware of?

romadu
ODROIDs: OGS, RG351P
Has thanked: 0

Post by romadu »

Hi, thanks for your great work.

I noticed in Super Mario 64 controller file that there is a typo. It appears that button 3 has been assigned twice and button 2 is not assigned in gamecontrollerdb.txt

I also have a request. Is it possible to switch OK and CANCEL buttons in LZDOOM? Christian updated LZDOOM on 19 December to swap those buttons, which are hard-coded into LZDOOM, based on assistance from That One Seong, who provided code changes and guidance on how to make the change.

Cheers
These users thanked the author romadu for the post:
southoz (Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:55 pm)

southoz

Re: RetroOZ WIP EasyRPG

Post by southoz »

Jpopel27 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:32 pm
Does anyone know if in RetroOz if you put easyrpg games in roms/ports/easyrpg or if you make an easyrpg folder that would be like this roms/easyrpg or if there is another way I'm unaware of?
EasyRPG support is on "The List" of ArkOS supported system that still needs to be implemented.
romadu wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:43 pm
Hi, thanks for your great work.

I noticed in Super Mario 64 controller file that there is a typo. It appears that button 3 has been assigned twice and button 2 is not assigned in gamecontrollerdb.txt

I also have a request. Is it possible to switch OK and CANCEL buttons in LZDOOM? Christian updated LZDOOM on 19 December to swap those buttons, which are hard-coded into LZDOOM, based on assistance from That One Seong, who provided code changes and guidance on how to make the change.

Cheers
Thanks, I edited the original output of the SDL Game Controller Tool to Swap the controls so the N64 A and B buttons were natural to the N64 controller.

The LZDoom binary is the ArkOS version and from what I can remember I worked through the controls without a keymapping resident program and the control values are set in the lzdoom.ini located in /home/odroid/.config/lzdoom/lzdoom.ini. I see the issue https://github.com/christianhaitian/arkos/issues/92 which has the code change. Added it to "The List".
Last edited by southoz on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetroGameCorps
ODROIDs: ODROID Go Super

Post by RetroGameCorps »

southoz wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm
Weird, I get that menu when holding SDL 12/Select and pressing SDL 0/B button. The ppsspp folder is located in /home/odroid/.config/ppsspp and the script copies controls based on the version started. The default version is standalone with the go variant as a backup. I will have a play and see if I can get it to break.
Well, I'm an idiot. I didn't think to try a two-button combination, all the other PPSSPP hotkeys that I'm familiar with just have a single button to bring up the menu :) I did have some control issues in the menu, the controls kept pushing the cursor to the right and down no matter what I pressed. But running your reset script fixed it, so thanks!

Diablo is running great! This is very awesome. Thanks for putting the time in with this.

RetroGameCorps

Post by RetroGameCorps »

southoz wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:18 am
Lolz, The professor and the highly sophisticated process of Retrohand held testing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5tj1RWD3F8

Professional Hackery :D

20210416_080722.jpg

In line with the Professional Hackery, the first post has been updated with The List showing whats on the list and where its at. :D
Haha, great minds think alike. I'm loving "The List" :)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.42
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/BjInzCjB#w-yHDasaA ... uQNDt1i_5k
Onedrive - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5nl1V4mxXqhMBYBMP ... g?e=orVnGe

- Emulationstation screenscraper.fr API key update
- DeviloutionX / Diablo Right Stick Mouse Support
- Retrorun Controls Split L1/L2 R1/R2 as separate options for more granular controls.
-- Move Dreamcast Triggers to Shoulder Buttons
-- Move N64 Z button to Left Sholder and L Button to Left Trigger
-- Map Saturn DPad to Left Stick for better control in 2D Fighters and Shoot em ups
- Super Mario 64 Port gamecontrollers.txt fix.

1. (Optional but recommended) If you have not installed Half-life delete the valve folder on the ROMs partition in /ports/Half-Life
2. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
3. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
4. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.42 System Will Restart
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
CISKO (Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:33 pm) • Mindbear (Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:50 pm)

jpearn
ODROIDs: U2
Been thanked: 0

Post by jpearn »

Hi, I saw someone mentioned overlock, does this include it in the kernel ?

Mindbear

Post by Mindbear »

Awesome update! thank you!

I'm using now the retrorun mupen core for my favorite N64 games (that are working with it).

What I've noticed: could it be that the aspect ratio is a little bit wrong with the retrorun mupen core? seems to be 3:2?

I'm looking forward for the upcoming updates!

Hope I could use my tp-link Archer T2U Nano Wlan Stick in the near future. It has the RTL8811AU chipset. (here are the specs: http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/w ... r_T2U_Nano ) My other cheap WLAN stick with RTL8811CU chipset is working with RetroOZ.

CISKO
ODROIDs: go advance

Post by CISKO »

I have a problem with PUAE ( Amiga), I launch a game and it does not work, however if I launch it from the retroarch itself it works, so it is not a BIOS problem.
The same romset works in ArkOS with the same emulator.

romadu
ODROIDs: OGS, RG351P

Post by romadu »

RetroGameCorps wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 am
- Finally, the PPSSPP menu doesn't seem to have a hotkey assigned to it (maybe it's set to L3 from ArkOS?). Would it be possible to add that to the button mapping file in a future release? I assume I could jump in with a USB keyboard and press ESC to bring up the menu, but I'd love to have that available without having to do that extra step. I can't check right now because I'm using the USB port to scrape media :) IIRC the toggle in the PPSSPP button mapping menu is "Pause".

Thanks again for all your hard work on this!
I also had trouble accessing the PPSSPP menu (and didn't try the two-button combination, especially since Select causes an exit for me in PPSSPP-GO), and was able to fix it for both PPSSPP and PPSSPP-GO by copying over gamecontrollerdb.txt from Emuelec4 PPSSPP/assets folder and the control.ini & ppsspp.ini files. Now button 16 brings up the menu in PPSSPP and button 17 brings up the menu in PPSSPP-GO.

The .ini files go into /home/odroid/.config/ppsspp/PSP/SYSTEM
The gamecontrollerdb.txt file goes into /opt/ppsspp/assets and /opt/ppssppgo/assets

I also configured ppsspp.ini for both systems to match the optimal settings suggested on RRVL wiki https://github.com/valadaa48/retroroller/wiki/PPSSPP
Attachments
PPSSPP_files.zip
(27.93 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
gamecontrollerdb.txt
(248.11 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
These users thanked the author romadu for the post:
southoz (Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

jpearn wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:41 pm
Hi, I saw someone mentioned overlock, does this include it in the kernel ?
Yup, see viewtopic.php?p=326429#p326429

My CPU runs at 1512MHz without any issue and playing Radiant Silver Gun on Saturn at almost full speed however other users have had problems even with lower speeds in the 1400 MHz range. One user reported a corrupted filesystem.

Recommend you either back everything up or try it on a second SD card.
CISKO wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:59 am
I have a problem with PUAE ( Amiga), I launch a game and it does not work, however if I launch it from the retroarch itself it works, so it is not a BIOS problem.
The same romset works in ArkOS with the same emulator.
There is some slight variations between ArkOS and RetroOz with Amiga and Amiga 32 in general. Its been a while but I will take a look and added it to "The List"
Mindbear wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:16 am
Awesome update! thank you!

I'm using now the retrorun mupen core for my favorite N64 games (that are working with it).

What I've noticed: could it be that the aspect ratio is a little bit wrong with the retrorun mupen core? seems to be 3:2?

I'm looking forward for the upcoming updates!

Hope I could use my tp-link Archer T2U Nano Wlan Stick in the near future. It has the RTL8811AU chipset. (here are the specs: http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/w ... r_T2U_Nano ) My other cheap WLAN stick with RTL8811CU chipset is working with RetroOZ.
The core settings are all hardcoded within main.cpp https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... c/main.cpp and mupen64plus is not one of the calls that was originally supported so it is using the core default values. I will take a look when I get a chance and have added it to "The List"
romadu wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:46 am
I also had trouble accessing the PPSSPP menu (and didn't try the two-button combination, especially since Select causes an exit for me in PPSSPP-GO), and was able to fix it for both PPSSPP and PPSSPP-GO by copying over gamecontrollerdb.txt from Emuelec4 PPSSPP/assets folder and the control.ini & ppsspp.ini files. Now button 16 brings up the menu in PPSSPP and button 17 brings up the menu in PPSSPP-GO.

The .ini files go into /home/odroid/.config/ppsspp/PSP/SYSTEM
The gamecontrollerdb.txt file goes into /opt/ppsspp/assets and /opt/ppssppgo/assets

I also configured ppsspp.ini for both systems to match the optimal settings suggested on RRVL wiki https://github.com/valadaa48/retroroller/wiki/PPSSPP
Awesome work, this should save a lot of time, PPSSPP cleanup is on the list.

crashoverride
ODROIDs: C1

Post by crashoverride »

southoz wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:13 am
The core settings are all hardcoded within main.cpp https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... c/main.cpp and mupen64plus is not one of the calls that was originally supported so it is using the core default values. I will take a look when I get a chance and have added it to "The List"
The aspect ratio can be specified on the retrorun command line using "--aspect" or "-a":
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... in.cpp#L83

For a 4:3 aspect ratio, use "--aspect 1.3333" (the first number divided by the second: 4/3).
These users thanked the author crashoverride for the post:
southoz (Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

crashoverride wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:06 am

The aspect ratio can be specified on the retrorun command line using "--aspect" or "-a":
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... in.cpp#L83

For a 4:3 aspect ratio,use "--aspect 1.3333" (the first number divided by the second: 4/3).
Thanks, Crash!

I had a chance to have a look and mupen64plus is in the code with the following core values are set including the 4:3 aspect ratio:

SET_VAR: mupen64plus-cpucore=dynamic_recompiler
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-rspmode=HLE
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-43screensize=320x240
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-169screensize=640x360
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-aspect=4:3
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-BilinearMode=standard
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableFBEmulation=True
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableCopyColorToRDRAM=Off
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableCopyDepthToRDRAM=Software
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableHWLighting=False
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-CorrectTexrectCoords=Off
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableNativeResTexrects=False
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableLegacyBlending=True
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableFragmentDepthWrite=False
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-EnableShadersStorage=True
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-CropMode=Auto
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-txFilterMode=None
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-txEnhancementMode=None
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-txFilterIgnoreBG=True
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-txHiresEnable=False
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-txHiresFullAlphaChannel=False
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-astick-deadzone=15
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-astick-sensitivity=100
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-r-cbutton=C1
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-l-cbutton=C2
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-d-cbutton=C3
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-u-cbutton=C4
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-pak1=memory
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-pak2=none
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-pak3=none
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-pak4=none
SET_VAR: mupen64plus-CountPerOp=0
I have tried with and without the aspect ratio and honestly can not see a difference between the two.

The change is made to the following line in /usr/local/bin/n64.sh

/usr/bin/retrorun --aspect 1.3333 -u -n -s /roms/n64 -d /roms/bios /home/odroid/.config/retroarch/cores/"$2"_libretro.so "$3" 2>&1 | tee -a  ~/.emulationstation/last_launch.log
I have updated the long options in the retrorun fork to include tiggerright and triggerleft and will push it out in the next release, until then if you want to make changes to the shoulder / triggers use -t and -u.

[code]struct option longopts[] = {
	{ "savedir", required_argument, NULL, 's' },
    { "systemdir", required_argument, NULL, 'd' },
    { "aspect", required_argument, NULL, 'a' },
    { "backlight", required_argument, NULL, 'b' },
    { "volume", required_argument, NULL, 'v' },
    { "restart", no_argument, NULL, 'r' },
    { "triggerright", no_argument, NULL, 't' },
    { "triggerleft", no_argument, NULL, 'u' },
    { "analog", no_argument, NULL, 'n' },
    { 0, 0, 0, 0 }};
[/code]

lsdbeyond

Post by lsdbeyond »

geezer500 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:56 am
lsdbeyond wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 am
Is there a known upper limit to what card can be used with RetroOz? I tried to use on a 512 gb sandisk and the card would refuse to move to the expand the partition option. On a 128gb card i had no problem.
You could try imaging the 128gb (after 1st boot) card (with) the partition already expanded.
Then copy that image to the 512gb and use something like gParted to expand the partition manually before you put into the OGA/OGS.
Might work!

I finally got a chance to turn the 128gb to an image and then write to a 512gb card. Then used gpart on my linux box to expand the partition to fill the card.

That worked. It was able to boot and now i have the full space for it. But i think this 512 gb card (samsung green label) might just be slow. It took longer for gpart to expand the partition more than normal.
These users thanked the author lsdbeyond for the post:
geezer500 (Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:31 am)

geezer500

Post by geezer500 »

lsdbeyond wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 pm
I finally got a chance to turn the 128gb to an image and then write to a 512gb card. Then used gpart on my linux box to expand the partition to fill the card.

That worked. It was able to boot and now i have the full space for it. But i think this 512 gb card (samsung green label) might just be slow. It took longer for gpart to expand the partition more than normal.
Well... At least you got it going :-)
Samsungs a decent brand, so I'd be surprised if it was superslow...
Sometimes my cards (depending on the adapter I think) get picked up as USB2 instead of USB3 and then any operation is painfully slow on the larger cards, could be that...
These users thanked the author geezer500 for the post:
lsdbeyond (Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

lsdbeyond wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 pm

The only issue I have with a large card and supporting a large amount of content is a 10-15 seconds of non-responsiveness when booting my daily driver 400GB and accessing a video snap for the first time. It looks like emulationstation is performing an update of all the video snaps list for the screensaver as the CPU hits 60% on a emulationstaiton thread. Aside from that having the storage to support 1000's of CD Images makes up for the 10 to 15 seconds of lockup.

CISKO

Post by CISKO »

hi, Is it possible in RetroRun to have both dpad and stick enabled?

In openbor, how to enable the analog instead of the dpad?

southoz

Post by southoz »

CISKO wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:10 am
hi, Is it possible in RetroRun to have both dpad and stick enabled?
It is for Saturn where the stick is mapped to the D-Pad, with Dreamcast and N64 there are Dpads on the Controllers so the functions are separate.

At this stage Naomi and Atomiswave are using the Dreamcast launcher.
CISKO wrote:
In openbor, how to enable the analog instead of the dpad?
I can have a more in-depth look and see what I can find, add it to "The List".
Last edited by southoz on Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

RetroGameCorps wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:28 am
- In regards to WiFi adapter compatibility, I've also found that my TP-Link AC600 doesn't work in RetroOz, but does work in EmuELEC on the OGS. Would it be possible to incorporate the drivers that Shanti used in order to take advantage of the adapter's lovely 5GHz connection?
CountBuggula wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:53 am
I have 2 wifi dongles that don't work in RetroOZ despite others reporting they work on the OGS. Realtek RTL8811AU and RTL8811CU. Fortunately I also picked up a USB NIC so I've been using that but it's not exactly mobile.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078NRDTYK/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083KQ6JZR/
The TP-Link Archer T2U Nano (AC600) is using the RTL8811AU chipset.

I added support for both RTL8811AU and RTL8821AU chipset by including the driver https://github.com/morrownr/8821au in an updated kernel.

There is RTL8811CU driver in the default Hardkernel repository, I will have a look at what Crash is including in his kernel as there may be some quick wins there.

Testing is showing up to 21 MBps / 168Mbps transfer speeds with the TP-Link Archer T2U Nano

I do like the low profile of the TP-Link Archer T2U Nano and will be using it moving forward.

If you want to help test extract to the ports folder and run the UPDATE-RTL8821AU https://mega.nz/file/UvpG1IwI#hCXa9BeJ6 ... SvwFesDUz0
Last edited by southoz on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mindbear (Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm)

crashoverride

Post by crashoverride »

CISKO wrote:
is it possible in RetroRun to have both dpad and stick enabled?
Yes, adding "--analog" to the command makes the DPad and analog sticks separate inputs. Without it, the analog stick, emulates a DPad.
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... in.cpp#L88
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... #L152-L163

The behavior of the analog sticks dependens on the core used. Sometimes a special controller definition is required:
https://github.com/OtherCrashOverride/r ... #L454-L458

Mindbear

Post by Mindbear »

southoz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:42 am

If you want to help test extract to the ports folder and run the UPDATE-RTL8821AU https://mega.nz/file/UvpG1IwI#hCXa9BeJ6 ... SvwFesDUz0
my tp-link nano is working flawlessly with this update. thank you! :)

southoz

Post by southoz »

Disappointingly it looks like Pico-8 is not compatible with the SDL Library version used on the 20.04 ubuntu image and any combination of forcing library files is throwing a segmentation error. :cry:

If I get some more time and inspiration in the future after https://www.lexaloffle.com/ update the raspberry pi binary I will come back and have another try

CISKO

Post by CISKO »

southoz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Disappointingly it looks like Pico-8 is not compatible with the SDL Library version used on the 20.04 ubuntu image and any combination of forcing library files is throwing a segmentation error. :cry:

If I get some more time and inspiration in the future after https://www.lexaloffle.com/ update the raspberry pi binary I will come back and have another try

you could also add the Retro8 core, at least until the problem is corrected.

I told about Puae but Amiberry is not working for me either, I have tried lha and zip files .

Thanks for your work.

RetroGameCorps

Post by RetroGameCorps »

southoz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:42 am
Working just fine now, thanks so much!

crashoverride

Post by crashoverride »

southoz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:43 pm
Disappointingly it looks like Pico-8 is not compatible with the SDL Library version used on the 20.04 ubuntu image
The SDL version is the one provided by Ubuntu. As of the next update, it is considered deprecated (none of the emulators will use it). Since Ubuntu SDL only works with X11, you will need to compile it with KMS/DRM enabled. Additionally, for rotation support, a patched version is required.
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=38045
These users thanked the author crashoverride for the post:
southoz (Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:51 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

CISKO wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:34 pm
I told about Puae but Amiberry is not working for me either, I have tried lha and zip files .
On the list viewtopic.php?f=193&t=42007 ran out of time this weekend, from memory it was based on the romset being named correctly as per the PUA database but it been a while since I tested it so it may be broken.

southoz

Post by southoz »

crashoverride wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 am
The SDL version is the one provided by Ubuntu. As of the next update, it is considered deprecated (none of the emulators will use it). Since Ubuntu SDL only works with X11, you will need to compile it with KMS/DRM enabled. Additionally, for rotation support, a patched version is required.
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=38045
The 32bit SDL version I am using is from the base image so I may be wrong, honestly, it is a guess as to why the same binary that works on ArkOS with Ubuntu 19.04 is not working under 20.04. The other two libraries the 32bit pico-8 binary require are libm.so.6 and libc.so.6, I tried any number of combinations of these files including the ArkOS versions all are throwing the Segmentation Fault
Humanoide70 (Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:39 am)

crashoverride

Post by crashoverride »

southoz wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 am
The 32bit SDL version I am using is from the base image
Just to clarify, the term "base image" is assumed to refer to the Reference Image provided by HardKernel. In this case, SDL is only usable for audio and input. The N64 and PSP emulator used it for such. I have recently patched both to use libgo2 in anticipation of supporting features not available with SDL.

[edit]
Since someone always asks "why not just use SDL?", it is because it was actually simpler to author a SDL replacement (libgo2) and RetrArch replacement (RetroRun) than to patch and maintain either. It also allows me to add features not supported by either (gamestreaming in retrorun, and a "soon to be released" new feature in libgo2).

southoz

Post by southoz »

Update 0.43
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/Q3YV3Qpb#rOmMQWWux ... _rIYqk9Y90
Onedrive - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5nl1V4mxXqhMBgNk7 ... Q?e=XAhmtU

- EasyRPG Support
- Update retrorun and retrorun32 long options to include triggerright and triggerleft
- Updated Kernel with support for RTL8811AU, RTL8821AU and RTL8192EU chipsets
- Fix Amiga Launch Script

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.43 System Will Restart
These users thanked the author southoz for the post (total 2):
Humanoide70 (Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:39 am) • odroid (Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:23 am)

CISKO

Post by CISKO »

Amiga working like a charm, thanks

is it possible to add an option to turn off the wifi? so you can leave the dongle on without having to delete connection and less battery drain.

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

CISKO wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 pm

is it possible to add an option to turn off the wifi? so you can leave the dongle on without having to delete connection and less battery drain.
You can already do this. Go to the wifi menu, select your connection, and select "Deactivate".
These users thanked the author CountBuggula for the post:
southoz (Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:16 am)

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

southoz wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:58 pm
Update 0.43
Mega - https://mega.nz/file/Q3YV3Qpb#rOmMQWWux ... _rIYqk9Y90
Onedrive - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag5nl1V4mxXqhMBgNk7 ... Q?e=XAhmtU

- EasyRPG Support
- Update retrorun and retrorun32 long options to include triggerright and triggerleft
- Updated Kernel with support for RTL8811AU, RTL8821AU and RTL8192EU chipsets
- Fix Amiga Launch Script

1. Extract the ZIP file and copy the contents to the /roms/ports folder on the SDCARD.
2. Restart Emulation Station or Reboot
3. From Ports Select UPDATE-WIP-0.43 System Will Restart
Thank you, I updated to .43 and now my new wifi dongle works great. No more being stuck on LAN!

southoz

Post by southoz »

CISKO wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 pm

is it possible to add an option to turn off the wifi? so you can leave the dongle on without having to delete the connection and less battery drain.
There is also a Hotkey SDL 17 for Wifi On SDL 5 and Off SDL 7 but it does not disable the USB port. See the controls PDF in the first post.
CISKO (Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 am)

mharper13
ODROIDs: odroid go super

Post by mharper13 »

new update found that the screen will darken, brightens goes down to almost zero randomly playing a game, not sure if its just me or if anyone else has also noticed this? also just wanted to say thank you for your hard work you have done a great job!!!

southoz

Post by southoz »

mharper13 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:44 pm
new update found that the screen will darken, brightens goes down to almost zero randomly playing a game, not sure if its just me or if anyone else has also noticed this? also just wanted to say thank you for your hard work you have done a great job!!!
Just played THPS2 on PSX with no performance or screen dimming issues.

While in emulationstation If you push the two bottom left buttons does it jump between 10 and 35 in the status bar? You might have an issue with button SDL 17 and have to disable the ogage hotkey service.

CountBuggula

Post by CountBuggula »

I played a bunch of SNES after updating to .43 and haven't experienced any screen dimming issues.

mharper13

Post by mharper13 »

southoz wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:30 pm
mharper13 wrote:

While in emulationstation If you push the two bottom left buttons does it jump between 10 and 35 in the status bar? You might have an issue with button SDL 17 and have to disable the ogage hotkey service.
so pressing only bottom left does not do this but pressing all 4 bottom does, either in game to get to arkos or in ES. it will change from 65 which always shows for 100% then to 35 then to 10.

animeware
ODROIDs: OGA2.OG Super

Post by animeware »

Hi @southoz I love your work thank you so much keep up the hard work.

any plans to add fbneo, gameboy hacks, gameboy color hacks and Genesis Hacks & Gamegear Hacks down the road.

Can you add update to add Wifi Dongle firmware for Odroid Wi-Fi 5A
Here link of it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P68CD9B/?c ... T5TFS6PEU9

For some odd reason freeze on me doing scrapping images.

Thanks again.

southoz

Post by southoz »

animeware wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:13 am
Hi @southoz I love your work thank you so much keep up the hard work.

any plans to add fbneo, gameboy hacks, gameboy color hacks and Genesis Hacks & Gamegear Hacks down the road.

Can you add update to add Wifi Dongle firmware for Odroid Wi-Fi 5A
Here link of it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P68CD9B/?c ... T5TFS6PEU9

For some odd reason freeze on me doing scrapping images.

Thanks again.
Once the firmware is at a higher standard and all the current issues are resolved I will start to add more content.

Were you after a separate directory and emulationstation category for the hacks as most will run with the included emulators if you place the hacks in the main folders?

What is the chipset with the device? It may be the same bug below with the rtl8821CU chipset?
- Bug with the realtek rtl8821CU driver - https://github.com/brektrou/rtl8821CU/issues/23

Using SSH and running dmesg | grep usbcore should show you the chipset.
animeware (Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 am)

animeware

Post by animeware »

I didnt know hacks work in the same directory thats really good to know thanks.

I was after separate directory for hacks maybe just idea. All in one directory works just fine thanks.

Thanks for your feedback and info regarding chipset might be same chipset.

Thank you.

mharper13

Post by mharper13 »

mharper13 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:28 pm
southoz wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:30 pm
mharper13 wrote:

so pressing only bottom left does not do this but pressing all 4 bottom does, either in game to get to arkos or in ES. it will change from 65 which always shows for 100% then to 35 then to 10.
I am so sorry, this was my fault not realizing to get into arkos I only need to press both inner bottom buttons, I was pressing all 4 bottom now I see why I was seeing the screen dim
These users thanked the author mharper13 for the post:
animeware (Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:11 am)

southoz

Post by southoz »

mharper13 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:59 am
I am so sorry, this was my fault not realizing to get into arkos I only need to press both inner bottom buttons, I was pressing all 4 bottom now I see why I was seeing the screen dim
All good, SDL17 is the hotkey and there is 4 brighntess controls being up, down 10 and 35 that are mapped to buttons - See page 1 download/file.php?id=13953

There are two methods to enter the Retroarch Menu
  • Pressing L3 and R3 which are mapped to SDL15 and SDL16 respectively
Last edited by southoz on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southoz

Post by southoz »

animeware wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am

I was after separate directory for hacks maybe just idea. All in one directory works just fine thanks.

Thank you.
I can add seperate directories and categories within emulationstation noting that you will need to edit the gamelist.xml files manually and other themes may not support the category.

With seperate directories and categories you can either add the hacks to the main category which is scraped or to the hack folder which will be shown as a seperate hack category within emulationstation.

animeware

Post by animeware »

southoz wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 am
animeware wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:54 am

Thank you.
I can add seperate directories and categories within emulationstation noting that you will need to edit the gamelist.xml files manually and other themes may not support the category.

With seperate directories and categories you can either add the hacks to the main category which is scraped or to the hack folder which will be shown as a seperate hack category within emulationstation.
Awesome OK cool. thanks so much.

southoz

Post by southoz »

animeware wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 pm
Awesome OK cool. thanks so much.

Aside from the obvious snes-hacks what are the other systems you believe should have a hack category?

Desbaratat
ODROIDs: OGS
Been thanked: 0

Post by Desbaratat »

@southoz thx for the os it's very impressive. Can i make few suggestions for future updates? add a little icon(osd) when wifi is on. When u use emulation station from the menu autorestart insted of launch command-line. Will reminiscense added to ports?.... this are only suggestions take you time friend. If you are insterested https://github.com/ptitSeb/hydracastlelabyrinth is working very nice.

Return to “Projects”